Puzzle Griefing in WvWvW ruins the Game experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sucks that i need to do PvE if i wanna get my 100% map achievement.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Thunderknuckles.9475

Thunderknuckles.9475

Premixed hit the nail square on the head. They are within their rights to hang out in those things and attack other players, being in a PvP zone, but it takes so much effort to get across the puzzle in the first place that do so just to grief other players as they finally get to the other side seems…..downright childish. lol And….they’ll literally wait for hours for a single player to come in so that they may grief them. It boggles my mind.

As Premixed pointed out, these are people with power issues. I would even go as far as to say people with disturbing and very juvenile power issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

And really, do you want someone like me on your side? Someone who has no interest in capturing objectives, defending your keeps and killing other players? Someone who is only there under duress because a NON-PVP aspect of them game requires I be there? Is this really a win for anyone?

Yes. It’s a win for the guys killing you.

Clogging up the enemy teams with people “who has no interest in capturing objectives, defending your keeps and killing other players” can only help their own side take their WvW objectives.

Also, many guilds run through the jumping puzzles to get “free” blueprints to siege. Denying the enemy forces of free trebuchets is a perfectly acceptable tactic.

Plus it’s the closest you can come to in there to “old school small group WPVP”. Taking supply camps is fun and all but usually it’s either undefended or a big old zerg vs zerg. Variety is the spice of life.

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Solution: Get rid of the jumping puzzles and other PVE stuff in WvW. Make more loot (including blueprints) drop off players or even have random loot drops for doing something useful like taking out a gate or repairing one while enemy players are attacking.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Sarabi.8310

Sarabi.8310

My only issue with the jumping puzzles is the bottleneck that occurs after you make the leap of faith through the waterfall. Not only are you injured, but frequently flat on your face if your build doesn’t have talent points in a line that allows for reduced falling damage, making this a prime spot for a kill zone. I’d recommend allowing at least one additional entrance to the jumping puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The reward of finally completing the EB puzzle vs relentless griefing makes it that much more enjoyable. As a solo player, it’s obviously really annoying, but every pvp game needs things like this. Chin up, buttercup. Rangers have a massive advantage in there, however.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

What is the point of this? Why is it necessary? I understand maybe an hour, possibly 2 hours; but when the same 10-15+ people or possible some 2-4 players leave and the same amount replaces them, guarding the puzzle area; I just do not understand what is such a bang out of this.

They are kittening their own server by wasting their time there. However siege weapons should not be deployed to WvW Jumping Puzzles.

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Posted by: Fightfan.1859

Fightfan.1859

Sucks that i need to do PvE if i wanna get my 100% map achievement.

I know right? Why should I have to slog thru all the non pvp stuff for my 100% completion! Why just the other day someone was spawn griefing me by killing all my mobs needed for my quest. I think I should be able to kill members of my own faction to satisfy my quests.

/That’s sarcasm for anyone who didn’t get it/

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

the wrong question is being asked. the real question i
Why are you in a PVP game trying to do PVE content
the puzzle is a PVP bonus. people camping it has a pvp solution. If you want to complete it. take a group.

in WvW

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Hasek.6807

Puzzle griefing IS the puzzle. It’s not hard to get to the top but extremely challenging and fun pvp to battle others to the top!

If you don’t like pvp, stay out, there are no vistas you need there for your PvE and you get PvP rewards so.. Bai Bai!

Garenthal.1480

…people are really complaining about this? Have they even looked at the jumping puzzle? It’s pretty obvious that it’s intended to be a challenge based around PvP combat considering you can use environmental traps, siege weaponry and your own abilities to eliminate the enemy.

I loled.

Have you guys ever tried to complete the jumping puzzles with 10+ enemies guarding? Have you ever been on the guarding side of that equation? If you haven’t you have no idea what you are talking about.

The OP is right, no one standing there guarding is doing so for any other reason than pure grief and the chance at easy bags. Because once you are there, set up with your siege and have at least 5 people on deck it’s impossible for anyone to get through. and most of these groups are 10-15 members or more. You can take out little squads trying to team up which is fun because they just give you the kills at that point. I suppose if 30+ people all came in with their own siege and some good tactics they may be able to get through. But even then I’m not so sure, you cannot dodge the carts when you are on a little jumping platform. And I’m pretty sure we’ve had at least some 20+ groups try to hit us hard up there before.

I wont lie the powertrip can be fun though I like to think the easy / free badges are why people do it. but calling this “PvP” is akin to calling shooting a caged lion at the local zoo “hunting”. Which is laughable at best.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuang Eleven.9781

Kuang Eleven.9781

The issue isn’t that you can attack in the EB puzzle, that expected, if certainly annoying when you get ganked after nearly finishing. Even people who hang around and try to surprise people or just spam the traps may be kittens, but you can get around them with teamwork, being clever, or just being very good at timing.

The issue is when you have a guild camping the end, setting up siege engines, teleporting anyone who dies back to the end again with mesmer portals. That is where it becomes griefing without any way for skill or teamwork to prevail.

in WvW

Posted by: specialllama.9570

specialllama.9570

Ouch, so people pvp’ing in a pvp zone are idiots now? and killing in the jumping puzzle area should be flagged as griefing? just so you can get 100% map completion?

Wow,just…wow

Guardian.
EU-Blacktide-

in WvW

Posted by: Arctix.1758

Arctix.1758

All of you who are complaining about Griefing in Obsidian Sanctum are either unaware that there are Mystical Fountains that let you go invisible to complete the puzzle, or are aware of it, however lack the required mental capacity to use it correctly.

There is nothing wrong with pvping in OS. In fact it adds an element to wvw that I was afraid it would lack, small group pvp (or small man if you’ve played daoc). It’s nice to not have deal with the zergs from each server in such a small area, and it’s even more fun to see the different strategies from the players camping there. ArenaNet did put traps in the puzzle for a reason..to make the opposition pull their hair out attempting to complete it.

For example, The Log trap that knocks people off the small platform at the beginning— I’ve never seen so many people fail at getting across while someone else is controlling the trap. It’s like watching a bunch of lemmings. It’s not the trap controller’s fault or ArenaNet’s fault that players don’t know how to make use of a stability buff to conquer that.

The siege equipment is another thing. It’s absolutely brilliant. Seeing different combinations of attacks, realms created choke points, etc. It’s an amazing aspect from both the attacker’s viewpoint and the victim’s viewpoint. There are Mystical fountains in all the key locations to get through and solve the puzzle. Each one gives you a buff for 4 minutes that let’s you travel undetected. The only way possible for actual puzzle griefing that would counter that, is contant, non-stop aoe on a chokepoint required for advancing that would pop someone out of the stealth. Other than that the puzzle is 100% completable WITH people camping / sieging / trap-controlling.

My advice for players that are complaining: Learn your characters abilities, swap them out just for Obsidian Sanctum if you need to. Search for the Mystic Fountains and learn where and how far you can get with the buff. Most of all, stop complaining that you can’t compete in a small area that has measures to assist you in completing. The puzzle is long and difficult. It’s meant to be “hard”, and it’s an amazing addition to the most common wvw area.

Commander Arctix (Arctx) [Team Legacy] Human Warrior
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, AoC, L2, UO <freerps> <myth>
<wrath> <banda> <insurrection> <jaded>