Question about wvw chats

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: VanHalenRules.5243

VanHalenRules.5243

Is /m chat now a global chat since the update or something? I used /m chat and it seemed to trigger some people, which never happened before if I used it before the update. Sorry if this is a stupid question, because I took a break from the game for a while until recently, and haven’t kept up to date with changes. Also I played mostly pve before the new changes (I did wvw on and off a little), so I was used to /m meaning map chat. Would have asked this in squad chat, but didn’t want to break the focus of our war group.

So, a quick briefing about the chat channels and which ones should be used in certain situations would be appreciated. Obviously squad/party/say/whisper chats are still the same.

Altered Tuner, Hockey Defender (CD server)

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

/m is your current map (Green/Blue/Red Bl’s and EBG individually)
/t is your whole server (all borderlands and EBG – ie. cross map chat)

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

/m is for the borderland you are on.

/T is global and can see seen on all borderlands. /T should only be used when you need to communicate to other bl’s and ask for help etc… although it gets abused as most things do.

… just call me … Tim :)

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Block is your friend when you end up with chatty people on global chat. Even after being asked nicely to stop filling the global channel with noise they kept on doing it. Now they will never get my help as I can’t hear them anymore.

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I wanted this so bad to be about cats in wvw XD

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: Rick the Boss.4562

Rick the Boss.4562

/T is global and can see seen on all borderlands. /T should only be used when you need to communicate to other bl’s and ask for help etc… although it gets abused as most things do.

Are us trollers in teamchat no more allowed? :c

Ricky | Vabbi – [FEAR] Officer
Fak Everything And Run

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Are us trollers in teamchat no more allowed? :c

lol… as if “no more allowed” would stop trollers… bahaaaa… hey it’s all fine to me, I can either shut off Team chat or block the “trolls”… not a big issue imo.

… just call me … Tim :)

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

/m is your current map (Green/Blue/Red Bl’s and EBG individually)
/t is your whole server (all borderlands and EBG – ie. cross map chat)

Lol I came back to play after being away and was yelling everything out in /t like I always did when scouting. Someone with very dry (Brit I think) humour replied that they’d love to come help but there was a queue on my map and they were currently fighting off a hoard of very angry French men. God, I love Piken, lol.

It’s a hard habit to break! ><

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

/m is for your current map.

/t is for trolling your server.

CCCP….

Question about wvw chats

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

It should also be sayed that /team call outs should be used when there actually is a problem, ie no one on map, or not nearly enough people. Calling in through team chat for 5 people killing guards at a keep generally will get people angry.

In Prime time, if your map is queued, dont bother calling for help in team chat