REPAIR HAMMERS = ruined wvw

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What really should happen here is blobs everywhere need to siege the crap out of every little guy who thinks they are going to jump on siege and/ or repair it and show them exactly what this does in the hands of the zerg. See now, those guys coming in thinking, “man it would be nice if I can repair my AC to keep those hooligans off my gate.”. until they have the zerg building MORE acs, balis, rams, trebs and cats all at once and hitting them in the face with it all the while repairing it and ensuring they will never make it back into the structure they were trying to defend again. Currently most zergs go easy on the siege, because it is a boring waste of time, but if they really really want to find out what this does in the hands of the zerg they should show them…

Unless they make it so you can’t do it while in combat. You got hit with an AC, you’re in combat. So that zerg can’t repair it if under AC fire.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s all in the execution really. Repair Hammers should be something that is only usable ‘between’ sieges to get siege weapons ready for the next assault. Simply not being able to use your repair hammer whilst in combat would likely suffice as mentioned above.

I really don’t want to see zergs all bent over spamming their hammers to power through damage. It will just make things so dull and sieging tactics will become even more dumbed down.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

This feature would promote bad tactics, ignoring defensive siege and rolling up big blobs be able to heal up.

This is an unneeded micromanagement feature. Please keep the essential WvW mechanics simple and let players focus on fighting instead.

You sort of contradict yourself there. On one hand you argue blobs shouldn’t get the wall down using repair hammers and on the other hand you argue that you want fights.

You can only choose one. Do you want to turtle or do you want to fight?

I guarantee you there won’t be any fight happening if the wall stays up, everyone will stay inside and try to pummel the blob with siege.

Having said all that, I voted no only because I think defenders need some counter play, if they suicide run a treb then I think they deserve not to have that damage instantly repaired. I play on JQ so at the moment I am always on the blobby side (at the moment) and I think repair hammers would be OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

This feature would promote bad tactics, ignoring defensive siege and rolling up big blobs be able to heal up.

This is an unneeded micromanagement feature. Please keep the essential WvW mechanics simple and let players focus on fighting instead.

You sort of contradict yourself there. On one hand you argue blobs shouldn’t get the wall down using repair hammers and on the other hand you argue that you want fights.

You can only choose one. Do you want to turtle or do you want to fight?

I guarantee you there won’t be any fight happening if the wall stays up, everyone will stay inside and try to pummel the blob with siege.

Having said all that, I voted no only because I think defenders need some counter play, if they suicide run a treb then I think they deserve not to have that damage instantly repaired. I play on JQ so at the moment I am always on the blobby side (at the moment) and I think repair hammers would be OP.

The Repair Hammers allow attacking blob to ignore defensive siege and early scouts. The attackers get to kill the lord before defenders can rally enough players for the objective. Less fighting, more PvE.

Without Repair Hammers the attackers face a risk is losing their rams/catapults to early scouts. Therefore attackers have to spend some time clearing defensive siege or they may have to start the attack over again. This extra time is invaluable for the defenders.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Please, no hammers. Such a bad idea. That is all.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

The only way a small group of defenders can defend against a zerg is by using defensive siege to kill the zerg’s siege. Zergs have the supply to keep repairing, theoretically, faster than an AC can kill superior siege.

This will help only zergs, as usual.

Please focus on scoring and class balance, and not this nonsense.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

WHY are repair hammers even on the table? Don’t people see that this will only benefit large groups? Large groups with siege will be next to/if not impossible to break up!

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s hard to tell what impact the hammers would have. They’re supposed to work like traps, so you have to have supply to repair them. Even a blob is somewhat limited with that. I object the idea that rams, catas, trebs, basically all field siege can be repaired – worst would be golems, though, but it would be nice to be able to repair stationary siege in objectives (canon, mortar, oil) inbetween fights.
But even if this works on field siege it’s hard to tell how this would turn out before we haven’t seen it in live action, I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

It’s hard to tell what impact the hammers would have. They’re supposed to work like traps, so you have to have supply to repair them. Even a blob is somewhat limited with that. I object the idea that rams, catas, trebs, basically all field siege can be repaired – worst would be golems, though, but it would be nice to be able to repair stationary siege in objectives (canon, mortar, oil) inbetween fights.
But even if this works on field siege it’s hard to tell how this would turn out before we haven’t seen it in live action, I guess.

NO the blob is not limited. They have more people! It’s hardly a cost them! You only need a few runners to resupply siege, smaller groups can’t afford that. They’ll get wiped.

As I said, repair hammers will ONLY benefit large groups.

Vote NO.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Oh dear God I don’t even want to think about YB siege humpers WITH repair hammers…

Please vote NO on this junk…

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

NO the blob is not limited. They have more people! It’s hardly a cost them! You only need a few runners to resupply siege, smaller groups can’t afford that. They’ll get wiped.

As I said, repair hammers will ONLY benefit large groups.

Vote NO.

If we’re a full squad we have around 700 supply if we have been able to grab some +5 or +10 recently. Most if not all in the squad respect the commander, but you can still bet that 100 supply won’t be spent.
We already have got problems supplywise to get a (T3) keep (the commander could build less rams/catas and hope that enough people have got hammers).
The hammers depend on how many people are carrying them, if all of them have supply and how much they repair. If everything to full I see your point – but we don’t know yet.

ETA: I’m usually the one throwing siege disablers, I rarely see anyone else doing it (there are some who do though) – I rarely see my stationary siege being disabled by enemies = most people don’t seem to carry siege disablers with them – I guess the same will happen with repair hammers. If I were a commander I wouldn’t count on it – I’d rather throw my 6 rams and hope for the best. And well, I’d also tell people not to use the hammers, unless it’s for defensive use in objectives, but even then it’s rather useless to repair anything while under AOE “siege”.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I’m a little confused how repair hammers are going to make a blob repairing siege they just placed stronger than the current blobs that just build more siege when it is destroyed.

I’d assume repairing would cost the same as building so I’m not seeing any particular advantage to repairing over just building more when it’s destroyed, except for golems.

in WvW

Posted by: Noob Saibot.4087

Noob Saibot.4087

At this point I liked it better when the gamemode wasn’t getting any attention. Simply mindblown Anet is giving stuff like this time.

Here’s hoping to a second expansion with a WvW revamp. Highly unlikely as it seems WvW isn’t getting the budget love it needs.

… And I thought my jokes were bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Can some dev clarify what siege is going to be affected by these hammers? Like only oil/cannon/mortars – Or the whole bunch?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Can some dev clarify what siege is going to be affected by these hammers? Like only oil/cannon/mortars – Or the whole bunch?

The whole bunch.

ANet’s answers:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-12-July-Repair-Hammers/page/2#post6243198

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Not only do I believe repair hammers are ‘moot’ as another player put it, but I believe Anet is wasting time and effort on an item that doesn’t matter to WvW. Is this the scrap to the starving mob that’s suppose to placate…geez, they must think we’re all simpletons.

Well are you surprised ANet thinks most of us are simpletons. As boots on the ground in T1. All I see is kitten near everyone resorting to simpleton actions. I mean come on rolling around the map as a single 60 plus man mob when you can split up and take more then one objective at the same time? That’s what you call the actions of a bunch of simple minded people. All of the T1 servers are guilty of this including mines but not the constant degree as the other two, but I suspected this is only true because we don’t have nearly have the population as the other two, if we did we’d Omni-Blob all day as well.

From what I hear in the lower Tiers it sounds like the same stuff going on. I mean we all know there are 4 maps and many different objectives yet many many WvWers just prefer to Omni Blob. Then you have the majority (Not All) TC and YB players that just refuse to fight as WvW communities and will run from much smaller groups then them selves, and try to lure you to their spawn or massive siege bunkered down objectives. And kill you when their is absolutly no challenge.

With all of this crap going on by the more then roughly 3 quarters of the WvW player base across all Tier’s. Can you truthfully blame ANet for treating us like the simpletons that most of the WvW player base are?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: CowOfGlory.5816

CowOfGlory.5816

I really don’t see the big deal here, sure resources could be put towards fixing other things in WvW, but I cannot see how this would break anything.

If for some reason this ended up being a big problem (I can’t see how), it could be solved quite easily via “cannot repair while in combat” tied in with “cannot repair if the siege is currently being used”. This would completely destroy any complaint people have of rams just being stacked upon and repaired through siege fire.
Because for some reason this is being viewed as different from just building another ram immediately

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The whole bunch.

ANet’s answers:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-12-July-Repair-Hammers/page/2#post6243198

Thanks. Guess im totally blind missing that out but pfff please no to this kitten.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

We’ll live through this like we did with siege disablers and desert borderlands. We may even come to like repair hammers.

It’s a new tactic to counter suicide runs on siege, counter-siege.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I’m a little confused how repair hammers are going to make a blob repairing siege they just placed stronger than the current blobs that just build more siege when it is destroyed.

I’d assume repairing would cost the same as building so I’m not seeing any particular advantage to repairing over just building more when it’s destroyed, except for golems.

There will be a difference if the weapon has no down time during repair. There is an advantage in being able to keep firing versus waiting around for something to get built/resupplying.

Not only do I believe repair hammers are ‘moot’ as another player put it, but I believe Anet is wasting time and effort on an item that doesn’t matter to WvW. Is this the scrap to the starving mob that’s suppose to placate…geez, they must think we’re all simpletons.

Well are you surprised ANet thinks most of us are simpletons. As boots on the ground in T1. All I see is kitten near everyone resorting to simpleton actions. I mean come on rolling around the map as a single 60 plus man mob when you can split up and take more then one objective at the same time? That’s what you call the actions of a bunch of simple minded people. All of the T1 servers are guilty of this including mines but not the constant degree as the other two, but I suspected this is only true because we don’t have nearly have the population as the other two, if we did we’d Omni-Blob all day as well.

From what I hear in the lower Tiers it sounds like the same stuff going on. I mean we all know there are 4 maps and many different objectives yet many many WvWers just prefer to Omni Blob. Then you have the majority (Not All) TC and YB players that just refuse to fight as WvW communities and will run from much smaller groups then them selves, and try to lure you to their spawn or massive siege bunkered down objectives. And kill you when their is absolutly no challenge.

With all of this crap going on by the more then roughly 3 quarters of the WvW player base across all Tier’s. Can you truthfully blame ANet for treating us like the simpletons that most of the WvW player base are?

Those people in blobs aren’t simple minded, I don’t think that’s a fair description, they’re just not competitive. But then neither are the small groups that set out to PvD for points and run when there is some semblance of resistance. It’s the resulting population of a developer being out of touch and PvE focused for years.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.2953

Packit.2953

Finally I can repair my arrowcarts! ty Anet. Now if we could implement more glider skins instead of fixing real issues like server linking. aw yiss

[VOID]
-SOS

in WvW

Posted by: ShootM.2397

ShootM.2397

They should have made this an Engineer Skill a long time ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They should have made this an Engineer Skill a long time ago.

That would be cool :\
´
Tree of class roles for WvW, based on guild tech if that wasnt so dull & liniar.
Not all repair hammers would reapair everything, some for siege others for golems repair etc based on what guild chooses on tech tree.

But since it is Anet doing it, would result in some broken stuff… as usual.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: chris.7495

chris.7495

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

What.

Pushing more siege warfare was in demand?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

The poll is over and Repair Hammers are coming.

It will be interesting to see how merging a 2 years old code branch into the release pans out. Expect lots of old bugs to show up.

Now go stockpile on omega blueprints before the prices shoot up.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Given that supply is limited, this isn’t going to make a dent in how any battle plays out—only in how well siege can be sustained between battles.

If a group rolls up to a keep and drops some siege but keeps some supply in reserve to repair it, they’re going to break the walls/gates down more slowly. In addition, as long as the repair rate is based on supply, defenders will have to do the same amount of damage to kill the siege as if that supply had been spent on additional siege.

Suicide runs will be somewhat less effective but, to be honest, it’s not like they were ever all that effective anyway.

On the bright side, it will no longer be possible to pre-damage enemy siege so that they can not prepare for a later assault.

This hype about zergs with nigh invincible siege fails to take into account supply limits. Even zergs can’t carry forever—and a little supply warfare will devastate their stores anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I really don’t see the big deal here, sure resources could be put towards fixing other things in WvW, but I cannot see how this would break anything.

If for some reason this ended up being a big problem (I can’t see how), it could be solved quite easily via “cannot repair while in combat” tied in with “cannot repair if the siege is currently being used”. This would completely destroy any complaint people have of rams just being stacked upon and repaired through siege fire.
Because for some reason this is being viewed as different from just building another ram immediately

Well 1 reason is siege can be repaired while still being manned.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Well 1 reason is siege can be repaired while still being manned.

As McKenna said in its current design yes but this is just a test. l haven’t read anywhere yet as to the length that it will run before it’s pulled or are we going to discuss it while in play.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As McKenna said in its current design yes but this is just a test.

Well in its current design Thieves can still perma-stealth, Elementalists can still mist form through portals, ACs are still OP as kitten, attacks still go through doors and perplexity runes still exist. Waiting for the test to be over. Any day now. Surely it will happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

IMO just make the repair hammer unusable on siege which is currently being operated because that is a very bad idea. Moving parts in heavy machinery is a great way to lose fingers. This conveniently fixes 99% of the concerns about repair hammers for siege.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

In PvP enabled areas, PvP minded people adapt.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

IMO just make the repair hammer unusable on siege which is currently being operated because that is a very bad idea. Moving parts in heavy machinery is a great way to lose fingers. This conveniently fixes 99% of the concerns about repair hammers for siege.

Guess we’re going to be exposed to Dredge levels of work safety.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Anet doesn’t care, Anet never cares, our opinions are just ruthlessly tossed aside for worse ones.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No the game mode was ruined with Tactivators (banners, Air attack, emergency WP – which can be put in low end towers?), hardened gates, siege and Lords, and of course shield gens. Now they want to add siege repair kits? This type of garbage only helps the servers who blob and hump siege and don’t really know how to fight.

It is sad that A.Net has killed their own game.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

If this works with the portable cannon idea I’m going to need to stock up on popcorn. Unless I’m missing something those two two things combined are made for some epic trolling.

Not that I would advocate putting cannons in choke points on DBL when that comes back. Not at all.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: Mystical.2906

Mystical.2906

When theres a blob, no siege survives, they get mowed down , and besides something alot better then nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

The most recent poll on portable cannons made me laugh.ANET WE DON"T NEED MORE POWER CREEPING !!! If this continues we’ll be dropping nukes from space .
Here’s a few suggestions on the current siege.
A reduction in power of arrow carts or an longer cool down between shots.
It would make more sense to have ,after a period of time, a disassemble feature on siege to regain an amount of supply.That would be somewhat helpful with troll siege.
A reasonable power scaling of current siege based on the populations of individual out numbered servers.Make it so that the bigger the blob your defending against the more effective (but not necessarily more powerful) your defensive siege is. This would reduce the blobbing against disadvantaged servers and even , possibly , the double teaming that is occurring.
ANET,please fix what needs fixing and stop adding and making making more problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I voted against this.
I see it making attacking zergs even more powerful,and small team objective defending even more futile.
I just hope it won’t be as bad as I thing it’ll be.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Cant wait to be hit with 4 or 5 of these at once in open field.