Reset Time Change Please

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Personally, I do most of my gaming in the dark.

Bias Lighting…. you’ll thank me when you’re older

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Me too! I don’t want any breakers tripping when I’m in GW2!

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

there is no time which exists that will please everyone.

Exactly.

End of thread

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

there is no time which exists that will please everyone.

Exactly.

End of thread

Got to agree with this.

Otherwise, the only logical argument is move Reset to Thursday, so everyone can enjoy Friday in a new match-up.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

But if you make it an hour early with the daylight savings it would 8pm est ;-; more time for us est players to play. So basically with the current time the people who can’t play rn will only be able to play reset every 6 months?

Which is 5pm PST. Too early for those living on the West Coast.

Unless our internal R&D project is successful— flattening the Earth so there’s only one sunrise/sunset for everyone— there is no time which exists that will please everyone.

Lol. That was pretty funny. heh, kudos.

Seriously, why not split the difference by a half of an hour? I’m PST and I can see this current reset hurts WvW. PST would be happy to see our EST brethren playing again on Friday nights.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

I mean I don’t really kittening know how this post went from reset time to playing in dark but seriously tho tyler I think most people do agree that reset time is a little too late for us est players. I mean I don’t see the problem with having an hour early reset :/.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: LordThroat.7890

LordThroat.7890

I reckon reset should be moved forward a few hours so that i can drag myself out of bed in the afternoon just in time for it

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

you know what would be the best time for reset? 8PM on a Friday, New Zealand time…

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: LordThroat.7890

LordThroat.7890

I r8 that 8/8 N8 m8, makes it fair for everyone imo.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Why would a later time for reset help the west coast? This will give everyone another hour to enjoy prime time on reset.

Some people on the west coast work until 5 or 6. When that happens, we probably have at least 30 minutes to get home, meaning we’re home by 5:30 or 6:30, being generous. Can’t enjoy that extra hour of reset if we’re not able to be here for it.2

Well you guys have the whole night to enjoy it. Where as people on the east coast dont. Especially with queues and everything.

Ok, I’ll wait 2 hours in queue and get onto the map by 8pm pacific, play for 30 minutes and then have all the East Coasters log off and reset becomes far less interesting.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Why would a later time for reset help the west coast? This will give everyone another hour to enjoy prime time on reset.

Some people on the west coast work until 5 or 6. When that happens, we probably have at least 30 minutes to get home, meaning we’re home by 5:30 or 6:30, being generous. Can’t enjoy that extra hour of reset if we’re not able to be here for it.2

Well you guys have the whole night to enjoy it. Where as people on the east coast dont. Especially with queues and everything.

Ok, I’ll wait 2 hours in queue and get onto the map by 8pm pacific, play for 30 minutes and then have all the East Coasters log off and reset becomes far less interesting.

So right now you wait 1 hour in queue and still do the same thing?
Moving the time up doesn’t magically make east coasters play longer than they normally would.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

First anet changes reset time from Fri to and Saturday… which made a lot of people quit the game. Then they bring the reset back to Friday but wait it’s going to be at 10pmest now not 9pm… the people who qhit the game wanna play again but guess what reset I’d at kittening 10pmest GG. People asked for the exact old reset time Friday night 9pm est and 8 pm est with daylight savings. We didn’t ask for this really reset time. All the west coast players who are complaining… you guys literally have no reason to kittening complain even if the reset is 5pm PST or 6 pm pst you guys will still have the whole night to play where as east coast people do not. It doesn’t get anymore simple than that. I really don’t know see why anet is having a problem with changing reset time. Old reset time literally worked perfectly for three years. Why change something that’s been working perfectly fine??? It’s not smart at all.

(edited by CrimeMaker.8612)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Please make concurrent resets that keep happening every hour on Friday started at 5pm PST.

That way the score will continually go back to zero every hour so that perpetually people can get their fair chance to play when they want.

Alternately, make the match never have a solid ending time. Make it entirely random. Unexpected scoring that happens when we least can predict what is going to happen.

I also play in the dark in order to increase the chances of tripping over my cat. Plus I play with no sound on because that gets in the way of hearing Machine Head.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

pm this and am that use 24hour clock so everyone know what your saying

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Fatherbliss.4701

We also need to consider wrapping up the week too. If the scoring changes to where the time before reset counts substantially more it will be curious to see what the community says about that.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Chris, Anet’s logic is flawed as Frick on this? For starters

I stopped caring when you punctuated an assertion as a question.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Virtute.8251

https://i.imgur.com/F5oB8Ru.png

xD

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Vaelkyr.4786

Vaelkyr.4786

I just want to be able to play reset for more than 45 minutes. Is that so much to ask?

Please, please consider moving reset back to 9pm EST. Those of us on the East Coast who work the night shift or early on Saturday morning will thank you. We’d like to be able to play, too.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Please make concurrent resets that keep happening every hour on Friday started at 5pm PST.

That way the score will continually go back to zero every hour so that perpetually people can get their fair chance to play when they want.

That’s kinda going to happen with time slice scoring. XD

Boy I sure do hope they can move reset to stardate -306608.048630085
It’ll fix all our problems.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Boy I sure do hope they can move reset to stardate -306608.048630085
It’ll fix all our problems.

No more resets until August 10, 2629, 22:30:21.

May 23, 2016, 10:54:03 if you meant the – as negative.

I’d vote for that.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Which is 5pm PST. Too early for those living on the West Coast.

Uhm, Yes but the west coast have a 6 hour window to queue up and contribute for several hours. Whereas east coast has less than 1 hour.

The question here is not regarding Daylight savings, the question is why did it move from being 8pm/9pm ET to 9pm/10pm ET? This completely screws the east coast for 6 months of the year. Please address that question.

Friday night used to be the most exciting night. Now it’s why bother for less than one hour. How is this not obvious?

(edited by Swedemon.4670)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Bowdosa.3687

Bowdosa.3687

The 9 est start on Fridays has worked forever, why change it?

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

For the NA servers, they’re North American servers and most of North America adheres to daylight savings time, so why wouldn’t the North American servers that are based in states that also adhere to DST??

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Still waiting for the reason behind reset being so late beside devs commenting in a troll manner.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

It’s not late unless you’re working in the service industry and have to be up at 4-5 am Saturday morning.

It’s also not late for anyone on the US west coast or in the Asia-Pacific region.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

It’s not late unless you’re working in the service industry and have to be up at 4-5 am Saturday morning.

It’s also not late for anyone on the US west coast or in the Asia-Pacific region.

My god guy I know it’s not late for pacific but it is pretty kitten late for East Coast. You pacific people easily get 3-4 hours play during reset where we east coast people barely an hour and then you have queus on top of that.. some of us have work the next morning. The point is we east coast peI please barely getc time to play reset.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

The alternative is that all of the west coast players get to sit in queues for 3 hours, just because a small minority of east coast players have work early the next morning.

Yeah, I can see why ANet isn’t listening.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Heh sit in queue for 3 hours. If you’re going to compare zones then do it fairly.
Let’s break some things down shall we?

Primetime 6-12pm est pst.
Reset at 10pm est, 7pm pst.
EST has to wait 4 hours putzing around waiting for reset.
PST has to wait 1 hour putzing around waiting for reset.
EST has queues for 2 hours and then it’s 12pm.
PST has queues for 2 hours because of EST and then it’s 9pm for them.
EST starts logging off after 12, PST plays for another 3 hours to the end of their prime time.

So 3 hours queue time will be bad? not even close to what EST loses in playing time that night. Mind you if it goes back to 8/9pm est, the queues start to diminish after 11pm est. Normal raids last 2-3 hours for most guilds. Also there’s more players playing on EST (the queue period alone points that fact out), so the decision affects the majority of their players.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The alternative is that all of the west coast players get to sit in queues for 3 hours, just because a small minority of east coast players have work early the next morning.

Yeah, I can see why ANet isn’t listening.

I’d be curious to see the % breakdown of East vs West players.

I’ve always assumed, because the East is more populated, that the majority was always East Coast — demographically.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Likewise, except when daylight takes over here in the North™.
You know you’ve been WvWing for too long when the sun sets, and then comes up (at 2am).

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Fatherbliss.4701

I play piano in the dark too. Just like that one song.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

The only logical way to have everyone play when they want on Fridays = reset on Thursday.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

All the west coast players who are complaining… you guys literally have no reason to kittening complain even if the reset is 5pm PST or 6 pm pst you guys will still have the whole night to play where as east coast people do not.

You assume all West Coast players log in at 5/6pm Pacific so therefore we must have all night. Please stop. Most of us can’t do that. A lot of us are just getting out of work or ending college classes or eating dinner, something most EST players have a chance to do with a 8/9pm EST reset.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

All the west coast players who are complaining… you guys literally have no reason to kittening complain even if the reset is 5pm PST or 6 pm pst you guys will still have the whole night to play where as east coast people do not.

You assume all West Coast players log in at 5/6pm Pacific so therefore we must have all night. Please stop. Most of us can’t do that. A lot of us are just getting out of work or ending college classes or eating dinner, something most EST players have a chance to do with a 8/9pm EST reset.

…….Ummm okay? So if you don’t log on for a couple hours anyway how would moving the reset affect you?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

That’s funny, it’s like you think that doesn’t happen on the east coast between 6-9. You still get to play on reset at 8/9 your time, with the old or new times. It’s not like west coast stops playing when east coast logs off.

So again, what are the complaints here? What are west coasters really asking for? for actual reset to be moved up so it happens in the middle of their prime time and shut out east coast? Who cares if reset happens 5 or 6 your time, at least by the time you get on the queues are mostly gone.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

From 8pm EST to 10pm EST on Friday my guild plays without a bunch of map queues which is preferable to us.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

From 8pm EST to 10pm EST on Friday my guild plays without a bunch of map queues which is preferable to us.

Play what? I haven’t seen a Friday night fight night in about a year, the only thing that happens on Friday before reset is karma trains while people wait for reset.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Chris, Anet’s logic is flawed as Frick on this? For starters

I stopped caring when you punctuated an assertion as a question.

Wow, how utterly shallow of you then. What my brain fart was actually leaving out the “n’t”. Probably was editing and forgot to change it.

Good to see you didn’t attempt to falsely argue with the numbers though.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Play what? I haven’t seen a Friday night fight night in about a year, the only thing that happens on Friday before reset is karma trains while people wait for reset.

Does that even happen anymore lol? use to be karma train fridays all day, until some servers decided they wanted heavy loot bags instead of champ bags.

An hour before use to be for chilling in north camp and grab your plus 5, get in the server meeting if there was one, and just screw around till you’re kicked. No serious fights going on unless something was planned, but those fights usually happen on wed thur.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Aileras.9460

Aileras.9460

I have to wonder, if est is the most populated time zone (game wise) Then anet may be doing it to cut down queue times.

That being said, I’m on the west coast and don’t mind it being 5-6pm but I’m retired :p

As someone said already though pst folk can get home log on and get in queue and do what you would be doing anyway ie; eating, taking a shower etc…

Just dosen’t seem like such a big deal for the west coast to give a little.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

The only logical way to have everyone play when they want on Fridays = reset on Thursday.

Back when the first switch to Saturday for HoT hot fixes was first discussed there were some very eloquent well thought out posts about why Thursday resets actually make more sense not the least of being for equities sake. Then when it came time to vote on returning the reset time to Fridays or proposing an alternative, the exact hours people are now clamoring for were given specifically as blackout times as in NOT possible by ANET (regardless of whether you agree with their reasons or not) in the proposal but people blindly just wanted to scream yes to Friday resets.

Do you all even remember why the original reset time was at first as early as it was (4/5pm PST)? It was some devs job to manually throw a switch that allowed the server shuffle & reset to happen and he had to do that before going home for the weekend but have enough time to fix stuff it something broke. It is no wonder given ANET is a west coast business it got decided on our time zone.

Now of course ANET probably should have changed that reset time a long ago after launch was well underway and everything was working smoothly, as soon as they realized they might want to do Friday nite patches for weekend events but alas they waited for the expansion excuse and in the process somehow got spooked away from the whole idea of weekend events which is sad since I remember fondly all the fun weekend events we got in GW1.

And this is why we can’t have nice things crappy human nature does not allow for rational compromise or long term vision.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Putting it back is hard on the West if its earlier than 7pm, but it seems to hard on the East if its as late as 10pm. Either way neither coast is going to like it. Being on the West side of the time line, its even pushing it at 7pm to get on in time. Getting off work at 5, the drive home, then feeding the family, I’m lucky to log in at 6:50 to get with my guild and ready for reset.

If its moved earlier the West Coast is trapped in a “Q” all night, cause as much as the East Coast says its to hard to stay up, they seem to manage just fine. No happy ground will be found on the time.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

As a west coast resident I have spent the last 3+ years sitting in traffic while reset happens. For the first time since I started playing this game I can finally enjoy reset with my guild mates. Please don’t take this away from me.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: LostAsylum.3018

LostAsylum.3018

Please make reset at an earlier time.

Lil Kin Zen (PPOL)
Yea I kill People.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Do you all even remember why the original reset time was at first as early as it was (4/5pm PST)? It was some devs job to manually throw a switch that allowed the server shuffle & reset to happen and he had to do that before going home for the weekend but have enough time to fix stuff it something broke. It is no wonder given ANET is a west coast business it got decided on our time zone.

If that’s still the case then why move reset up another hour now? now they just flip the switch and have no time to fix anything.

Now of course ANET probably should have changed that reset time a long ago after launch was well underway and everything was working smoothly, as soon as they realized they might want to do Friday nite patches for weekend events but alas they waited for the expansion excuse and in the process somehow got spooked away from the whole idea of weekend events which is sad since I remember fondly all the fun weekend events we got in GW1.
And this is why we can’t have nice things crappy human nature does not allow for rational compromise or long term vision.

I’m sure if they came out with those reasons I’m sure players would have taken more consideration over picking friday again. But they never did, and if you look back in the 3 years how many weekend events have they really done? The excuses they gave at the expansion release had nothing to do with weekend events.

Besides, with the amount of times things have gone wrong with a patch, why would you want to deploy it at the very end of the day of the week with no time to fix it for 2 days after? How many times have they had mini patches to fix stuff from a tuesday patch? If you want to do a weekend event, deploy that patch on thursday, players have 3 days to enjoy it, and you have 1 day to fix anything broken with it.

Finally it doesn’t matter if Anet or the servers are on the west coast. These are servers for North America. Reset is the start of a brand new match on friday, it makes sense to start it off in prime time of the first time zone in North America which is where most of your clients are from, that’s EST.

I still find it disappointing that a company cannot compromise with their customers and cannot move their patching process back one hour.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Putting it back is hard on the West if its earlier than 7pm, but it seems to hard on the East if its as late as 10pm. Either way neither coast is going to like it. Being on the West side of the time line, its even pushing it at 7pm to get on in time. Getting off work at 5, the drive home, then feeding the family, I’m lucky to log in at 6:50 to get with my guild and ready for reset.

If its moved earlier the West Coast is trapped in a “Q” all night, cause as much as the East Coast says its to hard to stay up, they seem to manage just fine. No happy ground will be found on the time.

East loses more than half their prime time waiting for the reset, and then have to deal with the same queues as the west for the rest of their night, I don’t see how it’s harder on the west, when they still have more of their prime time to play after east logs off.

The earlier east gets on, the the faster the queues taper off at night and the faster west gets in for their prime.

You “don’t” have to be on at the exact time reset happens to make a difference in the matchup. If you want to race home and get on at 6pm pst that’s your choice but the match isn’t over in a couple hours.

Anyways last post for me on this, people don’t care to understand. It is what it is.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

First, I am NOT on the west coast, but I agree they should have same opportunity out of the gate, and am fine with the later start time to allow them to do so.

Second, I think it is incredibly stupid that everyone tries to log in for reset to begin with. People cannot even get guilds on the map it is an uncoordinated mess. Would be better for guilds to work together on server agreeing different start times and days throughout the week instead. Even with guilds agreeing what map to go to you still have queues on all maps due to too many guilds playing at once. I have no idea why people play for the mess that is reset willing to sit in queues and deal with ridiculousness and then not play the rest of the week. This is madness.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I’m thinking of you right now, cry post warriors.

1hr 15mins to go.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Jelly Pain.8027

Jelly Pain.8027

Please change reset to at least one hour earlier. Its too hard to start that late for a cool event.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Virtute.8251

45 minutes to go