Racial armor and other new stuff for badges

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7244/Guild-Wars-2-World-vs-Worlds-Time-to-Shine.html

With the March 26th update, WvW players will have a whole new way to obtain various racial, special, and other items that were previously only purchasable with karma. With your badges you’ll first buy one component (the stats: Knight’s, Carrion, Cleric, Berserker’s, etc.) and then a second component (the visual look: racial skins, and so forth). Later on, if you decide you want the same stats, but a different look, you just buy a new skin and recombine them.

My question is – will the racial skins bought with badges count towards the Fashion achievements?
I know the patch is hitting tomorrow, but someone who has enough badges and will be checking it, please share your findings

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

With your badges you’ll first buy one component (the stats: Knight’s, Carrion, Cleric, Berserker’s, etc.) and then a second component (the visual look: racial skins, and so forth). Later on, if you decide you want the same stats, but a different look, you just buy a new skin and recombine them. It’s a lot like item transmuting, but for WvW bought gear.

I’ve been looking at buying a set of Knights gear for my mes…SO glad I waited!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Very cool. Now we just wait and see if it costs 1200 badges for a set of armor or 50,000.

in WvW

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hmm I have mixed feeling about this. I guess it will depend on how many badges things cost. I just finished spending 100+g for my T3 armor so I could look awesome in WvW. I hope every nub with 100 badges can’t do the same. But again, it entirely depends on prices. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

The overall system of mix and match stats with look is a great idea though, I hope they start applying that to other areas of the game as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7244/Guild-Wars-2-World-vs-Worlds-Time-to-Shine.html

With the March 26th update, WvW players will have a whole new way to obtain various racial, special, and other items that were previously only purchasable with karma. With your badges you’ll first buy one component (the stats: Knight’s, Carrion, Cleric, Berserker’s, etc.) and then a second component (the visual look: racial skins, and so forth). Later on, if you decide you want the same stats, but a different look, you just buy a new skin and recombine them.

My question is – will the racial skins bought with badges count towards the Fashion achievements?
I know the patch is hitting tomorrow, but someone who has enough badges and will be checking it, please share your findings

Example: 500 badges for an exotic helm.

I have 25000 badges and 2M Karma.

option 1 – buy 1 piece with 500 badges
option 2 – buy full set of exotic with 252K Karma

hm…

Source:

“WvW players will have a whole new way to obtain various racial, special, and other items that were previously only purchasable with karma… Worth noting is that the stats are the same as those you’d get in any other part of the game, and the visual skins are the same as well, so no one who doesn’t partake in WvW will be missing out.”

(edited by Sifu.6527)

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Thats pretty cool and i think it ll gives WvW a second breath. Really.

Glad i saved 8K badges, i hate dungeons.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Thats pretty cool and i think it ll gives WvW a second breath. Really.

Glad i saved 8K badges, i hate dungeons.

Did they say dungeons gear will be purchasable via badges? I only heard Karma bought gear will be available…

in WvW

playandchill.3908

Oh you right i read too fast.

Well, we ll see. At least badges are now more usefull.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I can’t believe they’re not giving us a way to purchase ascended items w/badges. Couldn’t they have put the laurel vendor in WVW and had the same items purchasable with badges?

in WvW

playandchill.3908

This is weird if they add karma-only stuff.

We already have millions of karma, whats the point of adding more karma stuff to WvW even if they are now buyable with badges ?

I’m sure they ll add dongeon/cultural skin.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Manoa.5897

This is weird if they add karma-only stuff.

We already have millions of karma, whats the point of adding more karma stuff to WvW even if they are now buyable with badges ?

Not to mention that one of the karma exotic armor stat sets is ALREADY available for purchase via badges. If they only add Magi’s and Rabid exotic armor (the two remaining exotic karma armor sets) and nothing else, I’m going to be sorely disappointed. Especially since the interview indicated “Knight’s, Carrion, Cleric, Berserker’s, etc.” among the stat sets available.

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

If they add cavalier armor stats…

Attachments:

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I just bought some PVT gear for my Guardian…Now I get the ability to by cool racial stuff for him as well. I wonder how expensive T3 racial will be? 1k badges?

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Manoa.5897

I’m assuming that when they indicate the gear can be combined racial skins, they’re referring to the racial weapon skins (which are purchasable with karma). If the whole items that were “previously only purchasable with karma” holds true for all the new gear that is being added, then T3 cultural armor will not be available.

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

They made a point to specifically designate racial skins as an example of how the system would work- this gives me hope.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

From the interview:

“Later on, if you decide you want the same stats, but a different look, you just buy a new skin and recombine them. It’s a lot like item transmuting, but for WvW bought gear”

So if i want to use a new Skin, i would need to buy a new full set of Berserker gear and get new Runes for them again? Arghhhh
I can see prices on Runes going to sky rocket tomorrow.

if it works like transmuting the runes should be transferable, you should be able to select one rune, one look, and one stat set when you combine two items.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

And the JP’s will be full for the foreseeable future. Good Bye WvW.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: David.4821

David.4821

People that’s in the JP shouldn’t count towards the queue, I usually see like 20 people in there taking up the precious queue for people that actually want to do WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Just a thought:
1 Alpha Golem = 1 gold = 100 badges – current price.
1 T3 Racial set = 12- 30 Gold = 1200 -3000 badges pr piece.
Full T3 Racial Set = 119 Gold = 11900 Badges.

I would rather buy 119 Golems -.-

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

So, they allow us to buy pve items with wvw badges and karma items….I had soo much karma, that i started buying orrian chests to make some extra gold. I could buy karma items when ever i want to…I hope they are making skins that are only obtainable for wvw,new stuff,not the same old skins over and over and over again. Please anet, NEW SKINS!(I’ll send u cookies)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

playandchill.3908

No they said it ll be known pve skin.

Nothing new nor WvW exclusive.

:/

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

So, we still can’t get ascended gear via WvW after this patch?

Hmm, the three big issues (for me anyway):
1. culling
2. skill lag
3. ascended gear via WvW

They have addressed the first apparently, I guess I will have to wait another 7 + 7 months to get 2 and 3 addressed.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Nameo.6842

Nameo.6842

Will we be able to purchase exclusive dungeon’s runes with badges ?

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

No they said it ll be known pve skin.

Nothing new nor WvW exclusive.

:/

Sounds like an excuse to not spend time making new items.

Now I want to request a means of getting fractal weapons without doing fractals, because I’ve been missing out.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I already spent gold and karma on the racial and cultural stuff I wanted, hoping to see new WvW only armors and weapons.

Also, Ascended, that stuff doesn’t even have skins, its just text boxes with more stats. Don’t tell me that couldn’t easily be put on a vendor. Funny they say nothing being added in WvW will make players of other parts of the game miss out, but meanwhile we are still missing out on the best gear.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in WvW

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Hey all! Just wanted to clarify something for you: racial armors will not be available through WvW. We’ve contacted MMORPG.com so they can correct that information.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion!

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hey all! Just wanted to clarify something for you: racial armors will not be available through WvW. We’ve contacted MMORPG.com so they can correct that information.

This… made me a sad penguin…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Of course not. People would actually like that, so obviously you wouldn’t want to do it.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I’m so surprised…

….

No I’m not.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in WvW

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Does it really matter if the racial armors are available through WvW or not? lol

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Does it really matter if the racial armors are available through WvW or not? lol

At 119g per tier 3 set, yes.
It would be nice to have another non-gold way to obtain them.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

So I guess it’s going to be existing dungeon skins with various stat options?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

How about some new stat combos then? My wish.

V/T/CD
V/T/Prec

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

They said Karma, so assume it will be armor sets that anyone who does WvW can already easily acquire because WvW gives Karma.

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

They said Karma, so assume it will be armor sets that anyone who does WvW can already easily acquire because WvW gives Karma.

That would hardly be worth mentioning, as the temples are usually open a lot nowadays anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Nialls.2851

Nialls.2851

I fail to understand why they treat PvE players and WvW players differently, and not as equals. Until Ascended gear is available to the WvW community it seems as if you’re treating them as second class players, and you’re catering to PvE which is underwhelming at best.

Niles <TB> Elementalist – SoR
Nialls <TB>Thief – SoR

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Temples are open daily and it takes maybe 10-15 min to run someone to all of them from LA. And WvW player have boatloads of Karma. Badges in place of this would be utterly meaningless.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

So that pretty much confirms its will only be the look of stuff you can buy with karma.

Apart from different stats it looks like “Wow_it’s_nothing.jpg”

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

So basically we’re getting access to what we already have.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I’m so surprised…

….

No I’m not.

lol, this made my day I gave you a thumbs up.

I expect nothing from this patch, so I know I won’t be disappointed.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Let’s just hope they don’t overprice the gear to the point you can’t afford to cloth your alts. <grins>

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

playandchill.3908

This.

Anet could add ascended/WvW exclusive stuff. It´s not that hard technically and they had more than half a year to do so.

I think they dont want it. Because they dont want PVE players to be forced to play WvW (or they QQ+quit).

It´s a terrible thing.

WvW in Gw 2 ll never be as rewarding as a pure WvW game.

Well at least we have fun……

……Until a pure WvW mmo game is out.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

This.

Anet could add ascended/WvW exclusive stuff. It´s not that hard technically and they had more than half a year to do so.

I think they dont want it. Because they dont want PVE players forced to play in WvW (or they QQ+quit).

It´s a terrible thing.

WvW in Gw 2 ll never be as rewarding as a pure WvW game.

Well at least we have fun.

I know a lot of people who have been holding out, waiting for this patch, and will quit if they are forced to PvE, to get gear that should also be available in WvW, doing nothing but WvW. It’s sad that in sPvP they don’t have to level, or take the time to get gear, yet WvW players have to leave WvW to farm for gold to buy upgrades for keeps, or to run dungeons to get equal gear. It’s sad really.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

I think they dont want it. Because they dont want PVE players to be forced to play WvW (or they QQ+quit).

Sometimes the design decisions in this game make me scratch my head.

What they should have done is made the base stats on ascended same as exoctic, and then make the infusion slots be a lot more. PVE players would choose agony for the infusion, which would be helpful in PVE and would not give a big bonus in WvW. And then WvW players would have chosen a bigger stat infusion, which would not have helped them compete more in dungeons over the agony.

Or just have ascended not have better stats at all and just have agony only slot. But cats out of the bag now, so they need to equalize the means of acquisition.

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Freaking hell! Give us unique skins ArenaNet! I dont want to look like the auto attacking heal on crit monkeys that makes a fuzz out of being able to dodge a scripted attack!!

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Run dungeons to get equal gear.

A dungeon… for rings.

The rest of ascended is daily/guild related.

After this patch, you won’t need to set foot outside of WvW for the baseline exotic stat combos. This is a good step forward.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I would love the temple gear, and wvw access to the temple gear alike, TO LOOK UNIQUE.

Temple gear is flat and ugly across the board. I will wait to see what is in this update. I’m starting to find that if I want cool unique armor, I have to find some skin from random items that no one would ever go for. Regardless of color or stats. But the temple gear puzzles … I mean I seriously doubt Lyssa in prime battling Grenth would look identical. So why is there respective armors all lacking in depth?

I would hope at least if its the only ‘difference’ in armor skin … is they release temple armor looking unique. Even though its only 6 skins… hey it’s half year, 1 set per month… ain’t a bad number to roll with and gives some breath for future (as I eye all the content around the map unopened) . this all relates to me playing wvw, and assuming temple gear is the karma gear in reference, and coming to wvw. And my hope of style walking alongside it (for both pve and wvw) … I mean Anet the pedigree in art right? That’s what I believe… just waiting on the ‘wow’ factor for temple gear.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Posted by: Nameo.6842

Nameo.6842

How about some new stat combos then? My wish.

V/T/CD
V/T/Prec

Some condition damage primary with vitality and toughness would be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Considering I only play WvW, yes.

I assume the way to obtain racial armors will be to kill a dragon somewhere 85 times or run 112 fractals or otherwise stop playing the game the way I normally play it. This has been the case for pretty much everything so far.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

even before the dev said anything, the article says racial karma items (this means culture weapons).

Culture armour was always bought with gold not karma

I’m working on my second T3 set, I don’t farm dragons and fractals is the last dungeon yu want to do if you trying to earn gold, you get more in wvw

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior