Ranger in WvW after balance patch

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I tried ranger melee with sword mainhand. The autoattack chain roots you! What the f? Whoever thought about that should be shot.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I tried ranger melee with sword mainhand. The autoattack chain roots you! What the f? Whoever thought about that should be shot.

I know this will sound stupid to many of you, but *this* is the main reason I can’t stand playing ranger. Love the class except for that, just don’t like a lot of the weapons/skills for the class, and that Sword was literally the one weapon I was looking the most forward to in this entire game. Had they changed/fixed/whatever with the sword, I’d have loved to play ranger

Other than that, been playing thief in WvW today, and I now officially hate LB power rangers, all that annoying pewpew rapid shots kills my poor full zerk thief so fast :p I should go back to my guardian so I can leap/blind/aegis/bocks until they snap their bow in half and hides in the bushes to cry.

Seriously, it is really nice that ranger got some updates that makes them a viable class in WvW, see them very efficient at single roaming. I’m just tired that LB is the only weapon used, and that I myself absolutely *HATE* the current sword.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I should go back to my guardian so I can leap/blind/aegis/bocks until they snap their bow in half and hides in the bushes to cry.

I think you should. Record it and post it over here. I believe you’ll have a ton of happy viewers determining from the crying for LB rangers currently on the forums

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

OMG!

Really the ranger is still sucky? ROFL…OMG if anything they are OP…actually no…they are actually OP. I routinely crush all other classes with my ranger in all situations. If I’m a power ranger then I look for elementalist, mesmers and thieves….thieves especially as they are free kills. Please stop posting until you learn how to play.

Really really clueless….

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

personally i find lb/gs power ranger to be the easiest to counter and the worst build for team play.
i haven’t been playing a long time, but from what ive read and seen, ranger melee is a very untapped build by the community. its a much higher skill cap than ranger bow skill/builds. so its no surprise. but a ranger that knows how to fight with melee is very very difficult.

True. But melee is untapped just becouse eveyone can troll with lb. At least in wvw a lot of people picked up ranger class just for pewpew from range and even if people try to defend it minding an hypotetical 1v1 is pure cancer. And melee or condi bunker could even be hard to fights or get an higher skill cap to play with, but since you can spam 1..

True enough. Melee Ranger is a very dangerous dueler if you know how to use it. It takes a lot of practice to know when to and when not to use which skills but when you get it right, you won’t be dying very often anymore. Personally I use Axe/Warhorn and Sword/Dagger or sometimes Sword/Warhorn Axe/Dagger. It depends on how populated the map is. I use sword mostly for defensive purposes and as others have said here, the sword AA can be pretty deadly if you use it right. Although I don’t tend to use the AA often, as I mostly switch to sword/dagger to keep myself at range, it can still be very effective given you use it without getting greedy. For anyone who’s willing to try a Ranger that requires more effort than spamming 1, 2 and 4 I cannot recommend full melee Ranger enough. There are few people that will know how to deal with you since not many people even run full melee Ranger. And the ones that do know how to deal with you just make for an even more interesting fight. You might not have the ranged burst capability that LB Ranger has, but you have enough evades and kiting potential to take on 5 people if you know what kind of grounds to fight them on.

As a side note, I may not have been fighting anyone in this case, but I once literally had about 20 people chasing me around the inside of Stonemist Castle after they had capped it. Nothing more hilarious and satisfying than having a zerg trying to pin you down and failing until most of them give up and you end up killing a few of the greedy ones.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Btw have a lot of good gap closer. Dark path is a free for all because thats a death shroud skill. They can use wurm or the pull thing maybe bait and jump with the skill when they leave a green line behind. Chill them and walk or fear them in your direction… I know a thief have better but…
And you can backstab in every 3rd second while the cast+aftercast on rf is nearly 3 seconds (and as i see it have a moment of warmup) so thieves backstab twice and use other skills while we just pewpew with our bow

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

@ OP

In PvP, power ranger can be extremelly powerful, but it requires a lot more skill than other classes power builds, or you are going to be a lootbag 24/7.

The most importan thing is positioning and terrain knowledge. If you just stand at random spots pewpewing, you are going to get picked off and get rekt. Skills also play a vital role. How many rangers I’ve seen with Signet of hunt… or even QZ…

About WvW, you can play pretty much all builds and be effective. I prefer pure power since I roam all time, and at least 90% of the people I find, are running away straight away, or leg it after the first 2 seconds when they are already below half health.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Oh man, don’t even get me started on SoH and QZ Rangers in pvp. So bad. Waste of 2 good utility slots. They find a vantage point outside the cap and pewpew away until someone pulls/knocks them off and they get wrecked. Hell, I usually run something/axe as one of my sets as a Ranger and often pull them off myself with axe 4.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Thief moaning on Rangers? Nice

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

know something else you see more of now, OP?

Guardians with Wall of Reflection. Guess what that skill does VS longbow ranger….

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Guess what that skill does VS longbow ranger….

Let me guess… nothing, because ranger wouldn’t shoot there?
But, DPS-guardians still pain in the a… for rangers…

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Guess what that skill does VS longbow ranger….

Let me guess… nothing, because ranger wouldn’t shoot there?
But, DPS-guardians still pain in the a… for rangers…

exactly, but when a pewpew ranger does not pewpew, does it do damage? nope.

Fascinating right??

in WvW

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

if rapid fire didn’t track in stealth or they nerfed the knock back from point blank shot that would settle my complaints tbh.

Not to say it’s impossible to get around since thieves (my main class) have some insane gap closer combos but in situations where I’m just leaving a fight and a random ranger happens to walk by and just hit 2 and kill me it would be nice to have some more counter play.

Though I also agree they could do more to make rangers have to set their kitten up idk what they would do though…

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Get rid of the 1500 range. What the kitten.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

if rapid fire didn’t track in stealth or they nerfed the knock back from point blank shot that would settle my complaints tbh.

Not to say it’s impossible to get around since thieves (my main class) have some insane gap closer combos but in situations where I’m just leaving a fight and a random ranger happens to walk by and just hit 2 and kill me it would be nice to have some more counter play.

Though I also agree they could do more to make rangers have to set their kitten up idk what they would do though…

This sounds like a similar argument people use against thieves that engage from 2 football fields away and repeatedly use stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’d really like for Anet to actually make the base functionality of Ranger valuable in all game modes. They don’t really have any resources that are important or unique.

As for Rapid Fire, it’s a bit silly how easy it is to use and feels rather unbalanced at present. The channel time reduction was good because it was tedious before, but it requires so little risk or effort to land for such a powerful burst skill now. I think that the base range of Rapid Fire should be reduced to 900 so you actually have to stay within your PBS range to land the full burst. Also 10 seconds is rather too short of a cooldown for such a powerful skill. Compare it with say…..Confusing Images on Mesmer that has a base 12 second CD, only 900 range and takes 3 seconds to channel for a measly 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds (~5K damage on full zerk if each hit crits) and Rapid Fire begins to looks positively mental.

Although I also think that Volley and Phantasmal Berserker should have their ranges reduced to 900 so that players can’t just sit at max range whilst landing heavy hitting skills (the exception being Kill Shot ofc). Should be more reasons for players to adjust their range relative to their target.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

you can’t compair confusion damage vs a RF , confusion stacks while firing a RF w (condi stats) does just as much damage to the user .

in the past there has been a thread about Rf and PBS before and after the patch.

in the end most people agreed the skills are now in a good place for the all all picture not just in those very strict Situations , your peeling off from a huge fight and expect to get away scott free being hit by a ranger is no different than being hit by a power rifle engi or a 1200yard fireball or a mesmer gs 1 at max range. (that excuse some of you use isn’t a good one to use at all because that situation is fair)

reducing the range on skills will not improve the Lb’s game play and would just restrict it to medium range and only Long range shot at max distance become viable after a PBS and backwards movement from lighting reflexes for a few seconds of max range damage , i doubt experienced rangers would like to use a utility just to gain some gap to improve damage by placing a kitten on a weapon like you say would be like Restricting the Engine of a motobike to lower than it should be.

and the tracking don’t get me started , there are already enough gap closers and skills that cause movement effects and interruptions to give you plenty of chances to get close , a Ranger can’t use RF if you pin him and beat him at his own kiting game, in the end if you can’t outplay a ranger at kiting with decent mobility gap closing skills, its a win for the ranger.

(said it once i’ll say it again , Stealth is not a Defensive machanic its not intended to migrate damage Channeled or melee or Aoe , its used for agressive repostioning and distractions)

the channel effect as a machanic is also a way to allow all classes counter attack a thief or group of stealthed targets, if he or they used stealth incorrectly as a defensive measure rather than the above .

after the patch i have noticed a few people brought out the reflects or warding walls to help the team counter against Long range rangers , it provides a area of saftey long enough to down and finish a target shifting the fight into the Users favour, but of late I havn’t seen anyone in Pvp or WvW use these methods to help prevent Peeling players survive Ranged attacks so all you got is yourself to blame going back to ignoring a apprent threat that mostly strikes ether pre-fights / peeling / or skirmish situations , while your hiding in a group or have real support you’ll have no problems dealing with the Advantages a LB recieves in these situations.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Omg, you are never met with good celestial elem then - this is true unkillable and uncatchable imba.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

if rapid fire didn’t track in stealth

Rangers will be easy frag for every thief then. I can agree with that nerf if thieves will have 2 times less possibilites to go to stealth. Now they are nearly in perma stealth, so...
So, thanks, no.

P.S. Thieves can steal from 1500 range with interrupt, so stop crying.

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Ranger is the kittentiest and easiest class in the game since they changed it. In a game where everything in PvP is about mobility… the thing they did with ranger has broken the combat. You can not fight a ranger in groups because;
1) approaching the ranger will take so long you will be halfway down by the time you can actually attack him.
2) getting away from ranger is impossible because the farther you get away from him the harder he hits; stealth does not work because the ranger just keeps shooting you even though you’re stealthed; there is no way to evade the shots other than dodging.

TLDR; WHY DID YOU MAKE RANGER A WALKING MACHINE GUN?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Why do you think rangers only use LB#2?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Ranger is the kittentiest and easiest class in the game since they changed it. In a game where everything in PvP is about mobility… the thing they did with ranger has broken the combat. You can not fight a ranger in groups because;
1) approaching the ranger will take so long you will be halfway down by the time you can actually attack him.
2) getting away from ranger is impossible because the farther you get away from him the harder he hits; stealth does not work because the ranger just keeps shooting you even though you’re stealthed; there is no way to evade the shots other than dodging.

Your sign tells about you much more than your words.

in WvW

Posted by: envydustyy.1235

envydustyy.1235

this guy has a point , sure you can count but if you are in a open field ? or you dont have your cooldowns ? you spend 2 dodges only to get close and after this if you dont have stability they just knock you back and rapid fire again(omg 8 secs cooldown what is this ?) , and then use invisible , when you think ‘oh they haven’t nothing anymore’ they just swap to a melee weapon and slash you in half , play as a popwer ranger is very easy atm , you can kill people just spamming 1 and 2 , rangers dont need more damage , they need more sinergy , teamplay skills and maybe aoe

in WvW

Prysin.8542

nice troll, “troll society”

in WvW

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Not defending POWER RANGERS but OP is definitely salty about them….Power Rangers are not all feeding points to the other team, obviously if he gets focused he’d die just like any class who cant blink/invis to safety. If you play it right, know your role, your strengths and your weaknesses you can win alot of non-premade pvp matches. Just because it isn’t in the TOP tiered pvp builds or rather cuz it isnt used by top players does not make it a bad build. I main an ENGINEER, but played ranger for pvp as well, and the player behind the class is what makes the build good or not, i’ve rekt thiefs and mesmers but also got rekt by others, obviously premade is premade…lets all focus the power ranger…if you team doesnt help you obviously you’d die too, played right and you’d get called OP, don’t and you get called a NEWB…..pick your poison.

Condi is Meta, so is celestial, but some people would rather play a zerk build, so unless you want to FORCE all rangers to play condi builds, they have every right to play LB Power.

But for WvW leave power rangers alone, rangers have been sheeeted on for 2 yrs, they finally get a slight buff to make them useable in wvw, and haters want them put down again. Because all you know is the typical Warrior,Guard,Ele,Necro blobs, it is about time Rangers get there shine and use in WvW, now we can move on in making ENGINEER,mesmers,thiefs much more important for WvW as well(obviously not roaming, since any class can roam)

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

this guy has a point , sure you can count but if you are in a open field ? or you dont have your cooldowns ? you spend 2 dodges only to get close and after this if you dont have stability they just knock you back and rapid fire again(omg 8 secs cooldown what is this ?) , and then use invisible , when you think ‘oh they haven’t nothing anymore’ they just swap to a melee weapon and slash you in half , play as a popwer ranger is very easy atm , you can kill people just spamming 1 and 2 , rangers dont need more damage , they need more sinergy , teamplay skills and maybe aoe

Hm, okay, you are see ranger in the open field and start moving directly to him (moving by your legs), also wasting your energy on evades also as utility skills and elite, am I get you right?
And you are blaming rangers because you didn’t understand advantages of rangers and allow them to use it.
Also, you are so good player, who can be killed with just Longbow #1 and #2
Right?
huh, pretty funny then.

in WvW

Posted by: envydustyy.1235

envydustyy.1235

please improve your english and your interpretation and come back here , thanks !

in WvW

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Good old L2P noobies!

Ranger OP pewpew… Got old after September.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Might not be OP, but definitely an extremely annoying opponent to face. Some changes would be welcome.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

please improve your english and your interpretation and come back here , thanks !

Nothing to say – try pick for grammar or language knowledge
Okay, got this.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Might not be OP, but definitely an extremely annoying opponent to face. Some changes would be welcome.

Some changes in thieves, warriors, elems would be welcome too

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

smh….sigh…

my favorite thing to do to power rangers is kill their pet. the people who play that build seem to not control their pet at all so as soon as it attacks me i hide from the ranger and murder his pet in ~2sec. i have yet to pop back out and still see the ranger there. honestly its a lil odd to me, considering how often your pet is dead even when controlling it, but it is a amusing way to get them off your back.

note there are many ways to go about it and this by no means is an effective one, but it is worth a laugh.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Waw I did not know there were so many ranger defenders here. :P
1- GG trying to deny what I say because my former guild was called Troll Society because we trolled enemies in WvW. Don’t play the man, play the ball.
2- I have nothing against ranger per se, I just do not like that the only viable thing is condi bunker or pewpewpewpewpewpew + autoattack.

Trust me, I applaud positive changes to ranger. The class was boring and very underpowered before, but making a class irritating beyond measure is not a step in the right way. Just nerf the longbow and I’ll be happy. There is no class that can deal so much damage from so far away with so little risk to your own. It’s just bad game design.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

2- I have nothing against ranger per se, I just do not like that the only viable thing is condi bunker or pewpewpewpewpewpew + autoattack.

thats not really true. other metas are a high skill cap so they dont get used as much as they should.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yeah, rangers should not be annoying. They should be useless free kills. Nerf plz!

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

How about melee knight’s/berseker melee ranger with captain’s trinks running 3.2k armor and 2.3k power at a 76% crit chance? That’s what I play. I don’t spec everything in LB like most do (I run a 4/4/4/2 regen build), instead I treat it as a support weapon (concealing shot is great for stomps, PBS is great when you need to shut down a burst and are out of evades in melee). I’m not sure if it’s a meta, but I have a lot of fun playing it. What can I say? I like melee.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

How about melee knight’s/berseker melee ranger with captain’s trinks running 3.2k armor and 2.3k power at a 76% crit chance? That’s what I play. I don’t spec everything in LB like most do (I run a 4/4/4/2 regen build), instead I treat it as a support weapon (concealing shot is great for stomps, PBS is great when you need to shut down a burst and are out of evades in melee). I’m not sure if it’s a meta, but I have a lot of fun playing it. What can I say? I like melee.

You are strange one – I got it from another thread.
Anyway, how about: I wanna play bowman, not dumb melee? Why everyone must be like you?
What can I say? I like ranged.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Excuse me? I posted about the way I play and you took that as a reason to insult me? Go away.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I find it ironic that one of the better ways to counter a LB Ranger is with a Sword/Dagger Ranger.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I find it ironic that one of the better ways to counter a LB Ranger is with a Sword/Dagger Ranger.

Or greatsword. Counter attack will block an entire rapid fire, swoop will close the distance, hilt bash will interrupt there burst, maul can take out nearly half there health, and to top it off evade is built into the auto attack.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

. . . it is about time Rangers get there shine and use in WvW

Getting a lot of guild invites, are we?

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

1. “1500” Range has been proven to reach out to 1970+ on level ground and even further with a height advantage.
2. A Ranger can have 3 pets at once.
3. Rangers have a Stealth, A Destealth, A knockback.
4. Much of WvW is 60%+ of Rangers oft times & virtually to a man they spam only Rapid Fire/Long Range Shot.
5. It can be virtually impossible for most other classes to defend structures vs the ridiculous length & burst of Rangers because they can’t get anywhere near the 1970+ range.
6. Giving the class with the most range a super high burst was/is a poor design decision that leaves many of us to conclude that Anet staff are playing Rangers in wvw.
7. Comparing any other skill/skill set/build to RapidFire/Long Range Shot is moot because they can’t reach out to 1970+.
8. Any talk of “How to Counter” has no bearing on any of what is in the above 7 Truths.

Now have at it & troll away but make sure you Read all 8 & don’t craft your troll attempts in such a way that they attempt to refute any of the “8” from my pack of vicious truths.

You want to make it even close to fair…Make an Anti Pet Trap with the same amount of penalty time that the Stealthers endure.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

ya sure be all negative , you stated the obvious that those truths have been there since the start of gw1.

At that every bow in the guild wars series has a Real firing / air time psychics same as other bows in the game each one had different effects one was faster, one was slower but had more range, anet picked the lesser of two evils you’re lucky they didn’t add Hornbows instead of Lb’s that could of had both Fast auto and burst in the same build it would be like combining SB with LB skills.

its the open field no obstacles apart from bridges and Eb with some ruins but there is very little inbetween because its a open world not a map built for combat. just like a real war zone ,where Ranged is king of the open and Melee is king inside enclosed spaces so all is fair.

thats pretty much it.

in WvW

Posted by: Marthindon.6429

Marthindon.6429

“5. It can be virtually impossible for most other classes to defend structures vs the ridiculous length & burst of Rangers because they can’t get anywhere near the 1970+ range”

This vicious truth is bunk – sorry. Even if we accept your 1970+ number there are very few if any places where a structure attacker has a terrain advantage over a defender to get this big number. Usually you are shooting up and mostly you are obstructed by the lip of the tower walls. Rangers stand no chance against the range of a fully traited AC.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

As I main a ranger (or staff ele, or necro) in wvw, when I’m on my other classes it’s so easy to avoid rf it’s just not funny- just move sideways, dodge, or use a block.

RF rangers in random pvp or just great to come across on most classes as most of the maps mean you can just duck behind something (or play mes and bring the shiny bubble, watch them kill themselves fast).

I’ve met many thiefs that can avoid it completely (but then get a nice surprise when they steal and hit whacked by my GS).

RF ranger isn’t OP- but it is fun to pick off players who aren’t used to being penalised for being out of position.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

You want to make it even close to fair…Make an Anti Pet Trap with the same amount of penalty time that the Stealthers endure.

Ummm… okay

LGN

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

1. “1500” Range has been proven to reach out to 1970+ on level ground and even further with a height advantage.
2. A Ranger can have 3 pets at once.
3. Rangers have a Stealth, A Destealth, A knockback.
4. Much of WvW is 60%+ of Rangers oft times & virtually to a man they spam only Rapid Fire/Long Range Shot.
5. It can be virtually impossible for most other classes to defend structures vs the ridiculous length & burst of Rangers because they can’t get anywhere near the 1970+ range.
6. Giving the class with the most range a super high burst was/is a poor design decision that leaves many of us to conclude that Anet staff are playing Rangers in wvw.
7. Comparing any other skill/skill set/build to RapidFire/Long Range Shot is moot because they can’t reach out to 1970+.
8. Any talk of “How to Counter” has no bearing on any of what is in the above 7 Truths.

Now have at it & troll away but make sure you Read all 8 & don’t craft your troll attempts in such a way that they attempt to refute any of the “8” from my pack of vicious truths.

facepalm.jpg
1. Why not 10k? I can agree with 1600, cos projectile still flying but 2k? Lolwut? Thieves able to reach target at 2100 range easily.
2. Rly? Did you counted Minis or not? Never seen Rangers with THREE pets at once, but seen Necros with 6 pets
3. 1 and 3 are avoidable and with long cd, 2 – not usable
4. Have no idea about what WvW you are talking, but in my WvW there is 80% of guards and warriors. And all they doing is spamming their skills too, omg! Burn!
5. Defend what structures? Walls? Go out of LOS – problem solved
6. Who cares what you are conclusing? Also, guardians and thieves has even higher burst from the same distance and MUCH more survivability
7. Read #1 and #6
8. Nothing to counter in your whine

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

2. Rly? Did you counted Minis or not? Never seen Rangers with THREE pets at once, but seen Necros with 6 pets

You can actually get at least 6. Hyena and summon, hounds of balthazar, ogre or pirate runes, and sigil of demon summoning. Throw on spirits and you will be a walking zoo.

Now is this effective? Absolutely not, but it gives the ranger haters something else to kitten about.

LGN

in WvW

Prysin.8542

You can actually get at least 6. Hyena and summon, hounds of balthazar, ogre or pirate runes, and sigil of demon summoning. Throw on spirits and you will be a walking zoo.

Now is this effective? Absolutely not, but it gives the ranger haters something else to kitten about.

you can get 11 in total….

1 – hyena
2 – hyena ally
3 – water spirit
4 – sun spirit
5 – stone spirit
6 – frost spirit
7 – hounds of balthazar
8 – hounds of balthazar
9 – Rock Dog/Pirate Parrot
10 – Ogre Pet Whistle
11 – Sigil of Demon Summoning

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I out myself to be a ranger hater. My first main was a ranger and I know some really good rangers but in general I can’t stand them “Stop with the knockback, please” “But my knockback is soo much better than your damage that’s why I storm into everything and pew pew from 1500 range”. Rangers desperately needed a buff but in my opinion anet went over the top with it. So it is a very noob friendly class at least if you’re not trying to solo roam as you can hold onto your LB and let others do the melee work. And rangers can hurt a lot, I agree with most points the OP made. It would’ve been nice if the buffs required some effort/knowhow but it’s just “I pew pew and have a 70% chance you’re dead before you reach me, I have no backup plan for the 30%” – and that is kind of sad.
To the pet situation: I’ve been a classic bearbow invader and even back then I shook my head when someone attacked my pet – it’s utterly useless unless the ranger is a tank and running with a bird – then it might be better to kill the petS first.