Ranger in WvW after balance patch

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

there is 11 easy to use counters avaliable to most classes, EXCEPT, necromancer. Necro has a legitimate complaint VS LB ranger and that one should be addressed by giving necro a suitable buff.

Hm … my necro loves rangers – I have yet to die to one (unless in a group fight). Shroud 2 is your friend … hello there ranger, face to face, finally and after that the ranger is toast unless he is pretty good with his melee option (run, ranger, run ….).

All you REALLY gotta do is trait for stability in death shroud ….

A power and a condi tank necro will rip a ranger to shreds unless he get’s the jump on them and they’re at less than full health with the most important things on cooldown but under this situation almost every class is toast against any other that is at full health and has all skills available …

Edit: Shroud 2 for teleport, Worm (if packed) for teleport, shroud as health buffer, spectral armor for mitigation and once in 1200 range you got fear + blind and a whole kitten nal of conditions a ranger had problems getting rid of.

Running full berseker, though … it’s safer (not just against Ranger but against thieves) to keep crit up, lose some power or ferocity but gain some toughness – vitality is more than sufficient on a necro.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

(edited by HtFde.3856)

in WvW

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

i wonder what the people that are defending lb ranger are playing in wvw most of the time. Are you guys even roam? and if so

do you roam with 5 men all in pvt to cap a camp? are you playing with dire perplexity gear?

Its a whole diffrent experience, if rapidfire hits u for lets say 4k or if it hits you for 10k, if the auto hits you for 4k or for 1k from a 1500 range.
I think if you really wanna know whats going on with ranger atm you have to play one and see for yourself… Maybe i should record a bit ranger lb gameplay.

So we’re running full PVT with dire perplexity. Got it.

And yeah, go ahead and record yourself. You’ll probably just get footage of you dying to the easiest things to avoid.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

And yeah, go ahead and record yourself. You’ll probably just get footage of you dying to the easiest things to avoid.

No one would ever publish that footage so we wouldn’t know.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

there is 11 easy to use counters avaliable to most classes, EXCEPT, necromancer. Necro has a legitimate complaint VS LB ranger and that one should be addressed by giving necro a suitable buff.

Hm … my necro loves rangers – I have yet to die to one (unless in a group fight). Shroud 2 is your friend … hello there ranger, face to face, finally and after that the ranger is toast unless he is pretty good with his melee option (run, ranger, run ….).

All you REALLY gotta do is trait for stability in death shroud ….

A power and a condi tank necro will rip a ranger to shreds unless he get’s the jump on them and they’re at less than full health with the most important things on cooldown but under this situation almost every class is toast against any other that is at full health and has all skills available …

Edit: Shroud 2 for teleport, Worm (if packed) for teleport, shroud as health buffer, spectral armor for mitigation and once in 1200 range you got fear + blind and a whole kitten nal of conditions a ranger had problems getting rid of.

Running full berseker, though … it’s safer (not just against Ranger but against thieves) to keep crit up, lose some power or ferocity but gain some toughness – vitality is more than sufficient on a necro.

I must somewhat correct you a bit though.

Shroud 2 or condi nuke will ONLY, exclusively, work against 66xxx builds or rangers that are not aware of what necromancers can do.

Personally i often run either 60620 or 40460 for a more melee oriented setup. I also take with me Signet of Renewal and a brown bear (healing spring sucks vs condi nukes, so you are better off with dat bear anyway since you need instant cleanse that can take all the condies and survive). For a ranged spiker, brown bear is neat. Not great, but neat.

There is also the fact that a necromancer is not so weak to hard CC, as it has all that HP to soak up any followup damage, but it is VERY weak vs soft cc coupled with mobility, which is just the thing rangers are good at, very good at.
Iv`e been chased by necromancers before and i gotta say that while they can pull some nasty tricks, they generally struggle more then any other profession, simply because you can just use barrage or muddy terrain to simply stop all movement and from there just slowly grind them down, they are however, almost never a quick kill (kitten shroud).

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

HtFde.3856

There is also the fact that a necromancer is not so weak to hard CC, as it has all that HP to soak up any followup damage, but it is VERY weak vs soft cc coupled with mobility, which is just the thing rangers are good at, very good at.
Iv`e been chased by necromancers before and i gotta say that while they can pull some nasty tricks, they generally struggle more then any other profession, simply because you can just use barrage or muddy terrain to simply stop all movement and from there just slowly grind them down, they are however, almost never a quick kill (kitten shroud).

That’s why I have my worm with me when I play Necro – I can either use it to get near the enemy or I can use it to disengage – most enemies are pretty perplexed, though, when you appear next to them that I mostly use it as gap closer. Sometimes, though, there are fights when I should have used it as a getaway-mechanism.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

The ranger LB buff finally made ranger a viable class for zerging in wvw. Not meta, but viable. I finally dusted off my ranger last week for wvw because of this post just to see if rangers are OP. Just like before, LB power ranger only plays one role effectively and that is sniping. Now they just do it a little bit better. IMO, if you are whining about LB #2, you are either too squishy or a thief. And since thieves typically whine about any class that can beat them (because lets face it, thieves could care less about balance and just want to “win”), they don’t really count.
That being said, if you are playing zerker LB ranger, you better have a pretty big melee train to protect you while you pierce the enemy blob. If not, you are a rally bot. Regen/condi melee ranger is much more effective as roamer, but just like before the patch, pretty much useless to a zerg.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

You have but to count the # of posts by certain people playing Ranger to guess where the motivation comes from & they all lump into one of 3 responses….L2P, noob, or U Mad Bro. It’s all the same " I’m Rock, Nerf Paper, Scissors is Fine "
Despite the fact there’s a whole ranger forum…they’ll come here & troll post after post and response after response to do anything to keep the fact they have a Stealth, a Destealth, Pet Damage, Mad Burst, Range that says 1500 but is over 1970 on level ground, a Knockback, a 6 second Invuln, a Pet Fear, and the list goes on & on & on ,from any measure of adjustment.
Look at the the Candy Corn Gobbler & the “pvp” buffs it provides in wvw to figure out just how much ANet cares about WvW.
You’re wasting your time. GW2 is a sad shadow of the masterpiece of dual class design that GW1 was…they can’t even implement a flux in this mess. Good luck getting any penalty for a dead pet( ie Shared health pool), a true representation of ranges in the tool tips (1500 that’s 1970+), an anti pet trap or anything else coded because the designers are either playing as ranger or are just too inept to care.
Anet doesn’t care about wvw balance or there would be no Candy Corn Gobbler buffs that gave a statistical advantage to combat.
Go ahead & waste your time flaming until this post gets locked…the best thing you can do is realize that anet has fallen a long way & never invest in another product.

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

There is already a penalty for a dead pet (you can’t use it and pet-related skills/traits like EB or SoR don’t work) and an anti-pet-trap exists too (called “zerg”).

in WvW

Prysin.8542

You have but to count the # of posts by certain people playing Ranger to guess where the motivation comes from & they all lump into one of 3 responses….L2P, noob, or U Mad Bro. It’s all the same " I’m Rock, Nerf Paper, Scissors is Fine "
Despite the fact there’s a whole ranger forum…they’ll come here & troll post after post and response after response to do anything to keep the fact they have a Stealth, a Destealth, Pet Damage, Mad Burst, Range that says 1500 but is over 1970 on level ground, a Knockback, a 6 second Invuln, a Pet Fear, and the list goes on & on & on ,from any measure of adjustment.
Look at the the Candy Corn Gobbler & the “pvp” buffs it provides in wvw to figure out just how much ANet cares about WvW.
You’re wasting your time. GW2 is a sad shadow of the masterpiece of dual class design that GW1 was…they can’t even implement a flux in this mess. Good luck getting any penalty for a dead pet( ie Shared health pool), a true representation of ranges in the tool tips (1500 that’s 1970+), an anti pet trap or anything else coded because the designers are either playing as ranger or are just too inept to care.
Anet doesn’t care about wvw balance or there would be no Candy Corn Gobbler buffs that gave a statistical advantage to combat.
Go ahead & waste your time flaming until this post gets locked…the best thing you can do is realize that anet has fallen a long way & never invest in another product.

Same can be said about other classes. Engi got same or greater range using grenades, bit trocky to land but that direct damage plus condition spam is really devastating. It also have more stealth, more boons, destealth, blind immune, 20 times the AOE and party buffs. It can do most if not all of this with ONE BUILD, ranger would need 3 builds for it.

Warrior has 1500 range on KS, use frenzy + endure pain and you can oneshot a ranger without ever being in danger. Warrior can run mace + shield with arrow reflect and justwalk up to the ranger and bash its face in. And even then, mace shield is effective against many other builds.

Mesmer GS got second highest single target damage, it barely loses out to ranger before you reach insane range, it also have mad burst, stealth, reflects blocks and evades. In addition to teleports, boon removal and boon uptime.

Mediguard has instant teleport and more defenses in addition to more damage then any LB ranger.

LB ranger is nothing special, it has one trick, ranged nuke, everything else, everything, it plain sucks at.
No group support, no real sustain beyond its one block and one direct damage invuln.

Only trolls and baddies claim LB ranger is a major issue. Everyone else know how to deal with them.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Same can be said about other classes. Engi got same or greater range using grenades, bit trocky to land but that direct damage plus condition spam is really devastating. It also have more stealth, more boons, destealth, blind immune, 20 times the AOE and party buffs. It can do most if not all of this with ONE BUILD, ranger would need 3 builds for it.

Warrior has 1500 range on KS, use frenzy + endure pain and you can oneshot a ranger without ever being in danger. Warrior can run mace + shield with arrow reflect and justwalk up to the ranger and bash its face in. And even then, mace shield is effective against many other builds.

Mesmer GS got second highest single target damage, it barely loses out to ranger before you reach insane range, it also have mad burst, stealth, reflects blocks and evades. In addition to teleports, boon removal and boon uptime.

Mediguard has instant teleport and more defenses in addition to more damage then any LB ranger.

LB ranger is nothing special, it has one trick, ranged nuke, everything else, everything, it plain sucks at.
No group support, no real sustain beyond its one block and one direct damage invuln.

Only trolls and baddies claim LB ranger is a major issue. Everyone else know how to deal with them.

How dare you talking some sense in this forum ?

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I’ll just leave it here
http://youtu.be/CV2ardN2has?t=12m10s

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Prysin.8542

I’ll just leave it here

Whoever made that video manage to capture THE WORST ranger ever on tape.

WTF is that build? power trapper with longbow. Just moronic to run that, might aswell go run Toughness Vitality Healing power PP thief. Hell, i`d be more scared of such a thief then that baddie ranger.

I mean, when you are so bad that you do not even create a gap or use your block when the thief stealths, you just plain suck.
That thief could have been destroyed using longbow only given the skill the thief was showing, just need to stick to the LB and wait a little (KB off cliff edge, always a classic).

“You can leave this here” all you want, it proves nothing either way. Bad players are bad, and no class will carry baddies (maybe warrior will carry them 3 sec longer, but they`ll die either way)

How many times must people be reminded that LOLWUT LONGBOW 66XXX DOES NOT WORK. IT IS A TROLL BUILD THAT ONLY DOES ONE THING, BEING ANNOYING TO NOOBS.

in WvW

HtFde.3856

I’ll just leave it here

Looks very familiar – especially the oh so helpless thieves that need way more buffs against any class. I bet they’d still complain if they had a 25 second immunity with a 26 second cooldown and go on about how unfair it is to have that 1 second in which they can be hurt … gasp.

You also got very lucky against the rather inexperienced pair (thief, ele) at Bay. That fight would normally go a bit different – but I think that “Hey, let’s just jump down there and kill that ranger” thief is one of the typical complainers. He messed up the whole encounter from the very beginning … when you pull a number like that you go sanctuary first (best out of sight so there is no warning), then (!) jump down and then it’s one dead ranger.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

That ranger played much better than thief and still lost. They should remove stealth already.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

The other big problem with ranger: we build on a single weapon mostly (except trappers, whos can rotate s/gs) if we change weapon we mostly dead. We need to heavyli build on lb or a stun-maul thing. A warrior chop your head with an eviscerate and after that finish you with a 100blades. We dont realy have usable rotations for our good builds

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Prysin.8542

The other big problem with ranger: we build on a single weapon mostly (except trappers, whos can rotate s/gs) if we change weapon we mostly dead. We need to heavyli build on lb or a stun-maul thing. A warrior chop your head with an eviscerate and after that finish you with a 100blades. We dont realy have usable rotations for our good builds

Err wrong, we got several rotations if DPS vs players is what you want, and you only build for specific weapon when running longbow. All other weapons on ranger is perfectly viable without traits. You can argue that shortbow needs sharpened edges trait, but it is in no way mandatory.

Most rangers do one or several of the following things wrong.
1 – they run off the shelf builds not suited to their playstyle
2 – they play the ranger incorrectly in terms of “role” (eg. Play as pure archer, or as some evasive warrior)
3 – neglect their pet (most common)
4 – run hopelessly badly built builds (very common)
5 – misunderstand the class functions and the synergies between the weapons.
6 – do not know when to quit and run (i fail at this)

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Whoever made that video manage to capture THE WORST ranger ever on tape.

WTF is that build? power trapper with longbow. Just moronic to run that, might aswell go run Toughness Vitality Healing power PP thief. Hell, i`d be more scared of such a thief then that baddie ranger.

I mean, when you are so bad that you do not even create a gap or use your block when the thief stealths, you just plain suck.
That thief could have been destroyed using longbow only given the skill the thief was showing, just need to stick to the LB and wait a little (KB off cliff edge, always a classic).

"You can leave this here" all you want, it proves nothing either way. Bad players are bad, and no class will carry baddies (maybe warrior will carry them 3 sec longer, but they`ll die either way)

How many times must people be reminded that LOLWUT LONGBOW 66XXX DOES NOT WORK. IT IS A TROLL BUILD THAT ONLY DOES ONE THING, BEING ANNOYING TO NOOBS.

You can throw your advices and opinion directly to the author: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Random-Zerker-Ranger-vid
I’ve postet it here not to show OMG-skill. Yes, that ranger are not PRO, but not a noob too, also as his enemies.
But there was an example, how good thieves acting. They are mostly doing like that and you CAN NOT do anything with that.
Also, good dps-guardians - they are just pain in my... you know where.

I bet they’d still complain if they had a 25 second immunity with a 26 second cooldown and go on about how unfair it is to have that 1 second in which they can be hurt ... gasp.

As always
Fresh example: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Stealth-Haters-Read

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Wow, a topic about Ranger being OP. Seriously.

Anyway, LB is a terrible weapon IMO. But fear not, it will be replaced in a few months by the staff XD.

in WvW

Posted by: hertigknut.8475

hertigknut.8475

Anyway, LB is a terrible weapon IMO. But fear not, it will be replaced in a few months by the staff XD.

If you go powerbuild and stay behind in blobfights you can definitely down 5-10 ppl without a problem. Zoom in on a squishy ele and instadown him

in WvW

HtFde.3856

If you go powerbuild and stay behind in blobfights you can definitely down 5-10 ppl without a problem. Zoom in on a squishy ele and instadown him

Hm – only if you have an upleveled ele or someone running full berserker and someone who eats the whole load at max range … other than that you won’t *insta*down anything at full health with LB2.

But it’s nice for picking off already weakened targets and ’Sic’em’ is such a nice thing to do to a thief …

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Hm – only if you have an upleveled ele or someone running full berserker and someone who eats the whole load at max range … other than that you won’t *insta*down anything at full health with LB2.

But it’s nice for picking off already weakened targets and ’Sic’em’ is such a nice thing to do to a thief …

Fun Fact:
LB 2 does exactly the same damage in melee range as it does from 1970 range. Rangers have no damage boosters that scale with range, only one skill scales with range, and that is LB 1 (auto). Which scales for below 500, 500-1000 and 1000+.
LB1 does not get more damage from range beyond 1000 range. Eagle Eye gives a flat % boost, that boost is not affected by range.

in WvW

HtFde.3856

Fun Fact:
LB 2 does exactly the same damage in melee range as it does from 1970 range. Rangers have no damage boosters that scale with range, only one skill scales with range, and that is LB 1 (auto). Which scales for below 500, 500-1000 and 1000+.
LB1 does not get more damage from range beyond 1000 range. Eagle Eye gives a flat % boost, that boost is not affected by range.

Nods – the rest of my statement stays valid, however – LB 2 does around 8k in sPvP test area (zerker amulet, fire and air sigil). Now you can get higher stats in WvW but if you test all your builds in sPvP you’ll see it does not hold up to a well placed Steal, C&D, Backstab or 100 Blades – all of which are, of course, more difficult to land but do a lot more damage.

So – you cannot one-shot anything with it – even a kill shot rifle warrior, that should do about 15k-ish damage and can make that shot unblockable (+ bonus damage if traited for extra damage on boons) has a hard time one-shotting enemies at full health.

in WvW

Prysin.8542

8k is low for RF on heavy golem. If you set up correctly you should hit for 13-15k at max

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Personally Im glad that (power) Rangers are somewhat of a threat now in WvW and not walking free kills that they once were.

Before the buffs you could put those bird/pirate runes on a rifle Warrior and have a better power-based ranged class w/pet than anything you could do on the class called Ranger lol.

Though personally I would have taken the LB and given it more mobility/kiting options instead of damage-based buffs.

in WvW

Posted by: Chimppossible.1829

Chimppossible.1829

I play sometimes a ranger but most often i just face them. Rangers where always to weak and now they are regulary good to very dangerous. But i like them as they are, a good necro, thief or mesmer is way more dangerous for me.

So i would not say rangers are to op. They finnally do matter.
But I must say I play warrior mostly and I am fast a different class that is slow might have more problems with them.

in WvW

HtFde.3856

8k is low for RF on heavy golem. If you set up correctly you should hit for 13-15k at max

Go on – explain to me how to “set up properly” then … I was running:

6/4/4 (I,X,XII – IV,X – III,IX) – Berserker Amulet and Rune of the Ranger – Berserker Weapons and Air/Fire Sigil in the LB.

Which gives: 2,158 Strength, 53% cc and 200% cd

Against the heavy golem this never surpassed 8k in 20 attempts. I’m really curious how to boost that up by nearly 100% … (not counting fury, might and such, of course) (even using warhorn for might I usually end up a tad over 6k in 12/20 attempts and only get close to 7 or above in 8/20)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well on my work I watch a very nice and good ranger stream on twitch. He has several builds and one of them is power LB ranger, and he only roams. The amount of people he downed with his LB alone is insane.
And for zerg support it is also a pretty good weapon, most of the backline ele’s go max damage so you can shoot their heads of from a far.

in WvW

Prysin.8542

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQFADDlsWxiDLctGYPoWHAFwZztDGBfbBA-TJBFwACuAA12foaZAAPAAA

This is how you set up a ranger for max LB damage. Rune of Pack give 2% less crit chance then Rune of the Ranger, but offers 175 more power, this power in turn bumps up your damage more then the added ferocity from ranger runes.

Correct DPS rotation is: RAO, Signet of the Wild, Quickening Zephyr then use Rapid Fire. End result should be around 13-15k max on the heavy golem, upwards of 17k on light golem, depending on how lucky you are with critical hits.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQFADDlsWxiDLctGYPoWHAFwZztDGBfbBA-TJBFwACuAA12foaZAAPAAA

This is how you set up a ranger for max LB damage. Rune of Pack give 2% less crit chance then Rune of the Ranger, but offers 175 more power, this power in turn bumps up your damage more then the added ferocity from ranger runes.

Correct DPS rotation is: RAO, Signet of the Wild, Quickening Zephyr then use Rapid Fire. End result should be around 13-15k max on the heavy golem, upwards of 17k on light golem, depending on how lucky you are with critical hits.

PRO-ranger here, all go away!
Ranger runes gives you 7% of raw damage output! You, ranger-hater.
Also “RAO, Signet of the Wild, Quickening Zephyr” sure, you can use it every time just on demand. And only noobs will use QZ, because you need 2 dodges to avoid RF completely, but with QZ it’s enough only 1. Genius, just genius.
Also, do I need to say, that QZ do not increases your damage – what point in placing it to rotation?

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Also “RAO, Signet of the Wild, Quickening Zephyr” sure, you can use it every time just on demand. And only noobs will use QZ, because you need 2 dodges to avoid RF completely, but with QZ it’s enough only 1. Genius, just genius.
Also, do I need to say, that QZ do not increases your damage – what point in placing it to rotation?

hey, there PRO ranger.

The reason to take quickening zephyr, IS TO KILL EM BEFORE THEY REALIZE THEY SHOULDA DODGED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

It is also a handy thing to have, WHEN YOU WANNA MAUL PEOPLE BEFORE THEY KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD DODGE.

It is a stunbreak, so unless you expect massive hammer stun spam, it can more often then not prove more potent then LR, because you can use it both offensively and defensively.

The more you know.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

hey, there PRO ranger.

The reason to take quickening zephyr, IS TO KILL EM BEFORE THEY REALIZE THEY SHOULDA DODGED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

It is also a handy thing to have, WHEN YOU WANNA MAUL PEOPLE BEFORE THEY KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD DODGE.

It is a stunbreak, so unless you expect massive hammer stun spam, it can more often then not prove more potent then LR, because you can use it both offensively and defensively.

The more you know.

That can only work against a very noob player, or one of those people that have some serious reflex problems.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

hey, there PRO ranger.

The more you know.

That can only work against a very noob player, or one of those people that have some serious reflex problems.

You mean like most people in a zerg.

in WvW

Prysin.8542

hey, there PRO ranger.

The more you know.

You mean like most people in a zerg. this game

fixed it for you

in WvW

HtFde.3856

OK – I was thinking of something more viable … this build – gotta test the damage output – looks like it’s a gonan melt the minute someone starts throwing things at you – which happens a lot, at least to me – so I actually prefer something with a bit of survivability.

Extra Damage from flanking is nice if your target is unaware of you or running away …
might be worth testing …

I kinda miss piercing in there … useless against single targets but oh-so-nice in zerg situations. Shame we cannot have range/damage, piercing and velocity speed – sigh.

The nature magic traits sound like they’ll improve your damage (kiind of overlooked that) but the price you pay – 0 in wilderness survival – is it worth it? If you were in a group with a guardian … might be worth testing how survivability turns out.

Signet of stone is what I run too but you can’t convince me to pack any of the others. I need entangle, I need “Sic’em” because we usually run into a ton of thieves (sometimes I think 1/3rd of our enemies runs thief) and I most certainly will not use QZ over Lightning reflexes – I hate it if I win but get downed a second later.

Thanks for the build – I’ll test how shifting a few points will work out …

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Not really. I was messing around on my ranger in EB yesterday against SBI’s blob and was downing a squishy every 10-15 seconds and none were uplevels. At 15k per RF, it doesn’t take very long. Of course, in order to do that, I was basically full zerker. Not surprisingly, the easiest classes to kill were, you guessed it, power rangers.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

This the Ranger equivalent of the Signet Theif build, hilarious for one-shotting noobs, utterly useless in 90% of actual encounters.

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Why is this thread still going?

Ranger LB rapid fire massive range OP
Stealth OP
Conditions OP
Zergs OP

L-2-P

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Why is this thread still going?

because you posted in it. and now i posted in it

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

use this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjMq0yaHL+rw1ag8gadAUwNArD29XsEx9J/qYvA-TFTCABXcEAKUXQP7Pg3hAAgLAAkqCopKFUp8LS1EOUJIlqgcwDAIAACwNvZ28mBG6QH6QH6Qbn7cn7cn7sUAgNMC-w
90% vun duration 20secs of vun every 10secs , and 8secs of vun for every opening strike Triggered can maintain 25 stacks on group of targets or very easly on a single target or those around it with Drake>tailswipe it will do aoe 5 stacks then you apply 5 stacks from Barrage and then onther 10 from RF > feather or huntershot > add other 5
25 stacks Every roatation, the build has Escapes , using primal reflexes for easy situation and LR+swoop for Heavy cc situations.

SoR can be swapped for SoS or Sotw depending on your team comp or opposing zerg .

group with ham guardian + or Shout warroir and your condi clear is near perfect.

it has enough condi clear to deal with short term condis and a few options to clear Heavy condis (if you run into a lot of heavy condis SoR is the friend in this build and will make you tanky due to that 25% less condi durations given by the runes)

all in all , its great damage, effective and Zergable.

in WvW

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

It’s still alive because 6 seconds of 0 damage is ridiculous for a class that has 2k range,a stealth,a destealth,crazy burst that tracks, & on top of all that A pet Fear. Completely unfair to try & defend a structure or take a structure from any group of rangers right now. Flame away

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

It’s still alive because 6 seconds of 0 damage is ridiculous for a class that has 2k range,a stealth,a destealth,crazy burst that tracks, & on top of all that A pet Fear. Completely unfair to try & defend a structure or take a structure from any group of rangers right now. Flame away

Yes it is hordes of rampant rangers taking structures in WvW, and not the same old GWEN classes making up the vast majority of players in WvW…

WvW is not balanced, if it were rangers & engies would of not spent most of the last 2.5 years as nearly non-existent outside of roaming, and mesmer/theives would have been far better represented (outside of roaming).

If you goign to complain about balance in WvW, ranger is one of the last classes you should be complaining about.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I rarely play my ranger. In my experience with the other professions though, I feel almost nothing about the ranger is near OP. I feel what is actually “ridiculous”. “unfair”, or “crazy” is how unrealistic your claims are.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Rangers are a lot better than before, and definitely are useful as snipers though in blob fights they still aren’t considered standard issue.

I find it a really silly complaint of getting sniped by one, because that is the point of a longbow ranger. This is wvw, and it’s not just about a single person being shot down. So you get distracted/cc’d and got bursted down by someone else that took advantage. It doesn’t really mean anything about anybody’s abilities.

And I leave behind this silly anecdote, because ranger jokes are always popular.

“lf2m”
— no response
“lf2m 2 guards in party”
— no response
“lf2m 2 guards in party 0 rangers”
— gets a lot of join requests.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I fully enjoy playing a melee Ranger with LB as backup. I will generally only swap to LB if the person starts losing the melee fight and starts to run, is ranged themselves, or I want to get a hilarifun kill by PBSing some poor sap off a cliff. Hunter’s Shot is pretty good for stomps, too.

But you can pry my sword+dagger or axe from my cold, dead hands (also, remember to turn off autoattack if you do use a sword. If you don’t, it’ll likely get you killed).

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Tbh, they just need to nerf the dmg on rapid fire (not on longbow in general) and decrease the range of longbow to that of any normal long range weapon (1200), like elementalist staff.

that’s where i would smack myself and ask if you are normal?:)

Rangers are meant to have the biggest range. You complain about Rapid fire where there are theifs with steal combo that deal same damage?
Avoiding rapid fire:
- stealth before archer channels 2 arrows
- dodge when first arrow is in range of 200 and ranger will miss next 4 hits
- run defensive skill
- OR SIMPLY MOVE LEFT AND RIGHT QUICKLY.. and ranger will miss 7 shots for sure
- rapid fire is a big skill, and only skill that hurts from longbow, so you should use cooldown for cooldown…

If you get hit with 10 arrows you either:
- run full berzerker build and it’s your own fault… then warrior can just wipe you from his hammer in one hit
- you run pointless buiild and i’m wondering why i try to give you nice argument

Stop complaining about rapid fire if YOU are the reason why we hit hard. Check your build, and your armor setup, then come back and leave a comment.

And to be honest, my auto attacks hit for 3-4,8k dmg on crit, full rapid fire can deal maximum 14k damage with every arrow on lvl 80 character. Rapid fire is not a problem, it’s your setup and your build.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Firelysm.4967

You just counted all we have, and honestly you are very unfair, you think we wouldn’t run ANYTHING else if we had a choice? PLUS, what do other classes have? I wont even start with elementalist, Engie? I wont comment on that… Warrior?.. well i’ll passs here too.. tons of stealth and sick damage and dodges on Thief? Are you complaining maybe on those too? A guardian with infinity blocks(not rly but nearly), necro with tons of kitten and damage? Mesmer that can do what ever they please?

I think ONLY person here, is you, unfair and talking with wrong argument, you count what we have.. but we cannot run all of this at the same time.. And ranger that uses that “6 seconds of 0 damage” is all that they have, we dont have 2k range, and you forget a 6 sec stealth is very useless because besides rapid fire, there is no real damage on longbow, where LB5 is dodged or you simply walk away from it.. And you forgot to say.. we have 40 seconds cooldown on fear.. where EVERY other class has A LOT lower cooldown FOR A LOT BETTER STUFF, then just a 2 seconds fear.. and u know what? We have to time our “FEAR” very precisely, because our AI companion pets.. are POORLY designed.

Again.. you just talk nonsense, you point out things but don’t know how things and timers work, don’t comment and tell that things are OP if you didn’t research game enough to counter that.

If you goign to complain about balance in WvW, ranger is one of the last classes you should be complaining about.

THIS

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

if I still played wvw, this is how id play my power ranger

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0yaJLGsQ1ag9gadA0Andrhw9WUEtdBrSA-TVCFwAIOCAAeAAXVCiU5ngLAQt9HyoLYxhAQl6PkCIiRWA-w

valk and on-demand condi cleansing is imo the only way to go. 2700 power and 21k hp aint too bad either. runes of pack, traveller, swiftness (use SoW or SoS instead of SoH), and other options.

regarding OPness of pew pew rangers, I feel this complaint is kind of pathetic. stick a decent d/p or s/d thief on the ranger and his fun is over.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well you can have 2800 power, +200% crit dmg, 50% crit chance and you can maybe kill warrior when he is afk.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Well you can have 2800 power, +200% crit dmg, 50% crit chance and you can maybe kill warrior when he is afk.

I don’t think power rangers are viable at all in any sort of silly solo/dueling play. bring a few friends with you and spike people from afar when theyre low. LB does serious deeps, and your only hard counter should be a glass thief which there are plenty of in wvw.

in WvW

Firelysm.4967

if I still played wvw, this is how id play my power ranger

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0yaJLGsQ1ag9gadA0Andrhw9WUEtdBrSA-TVCFwAIOCAAeAAXVCiU5ngLAQt9HyoLYxhAQl6PkCIiRWA-w

valk and on-demand condi cleansing is imo the only way to go. 2700 power and 21k hp aint too bad either. runes of pack, traveller, swiftness (use SoW or SoS instead of SoH), and other options.

regarding OPness of pew pew rangers, I feel this complaint is kind of pathetic. stick a decent d/p or s/d thief on the ranger and his fun is over.

Not really:) I can fight any thief with any setup, by LB+s/d or SB+s/d Even unexpected ganks in wvw by roamers, i can deal with them on 1v1:)