Rangers

Rangers

in WvW

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

[snip]

P.S. I have played ranger, I do understand the class has weaknesses and has next to 0 chance in most straight up duels because there are no mechanics to deal with it… but if ranger had those mechanics and didn’t get a nerf to follow them it would be the dumbest thing in the game.

If you think that Ranger has a close to 0% chance to win a 1 on 1 duel, you either didn’t play ranger well or haven’t played against any good rangers—maybe it’s both.

I went 3 for 5 against a Medi Guardian the other day (on a LongBow/Great Sword Power Ranger). In sPvP, I have come out at least one kill (and usually still alive) on 1v2 or 1v3 fights more times than not since the patch. Rangers have a relatively high skill floor (they only have 2 real profession abilities, after all), but it’s not so high as Warrior or Guardian. It also has a really high skill ceiling—it certainly isn’t easy to go toe to toe with heavy melee as a LongBow Ranger.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Rangers

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Rapid fire got seriously nerfed with the patch, so all you rangers haters out there should be happy. Guess anet was not happy with rangers having just one decent role to play in zerg fights.

Osu

Rangers

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Rapid fire got seriously nerfed with the patch, so all you rangers haters out there should be happy. Guess anet was not happy with rangers having just one decent role to play in zerg fights.

There is no single adjustment to Rapid Fire. Check the patch notes.

If truth be told, it was actually buffed because now we don’t have to trait for extended range…we have points to use elsewhere. That is actually a buff.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Rangers

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

There is no single adjustment to Rapid Fire. Check the patch notes.

If truth be told, it was actually buffed because now we don’t have to trait for extended range…we have points to use elsewhere. That is actually a buff.

Are you seeing damage as high as prepatch? I’m nowhere close.

Osu

Rangers

in WvW

Posted by: Ryk.7289

Ryk.7289

Are you seeing damage as high as prepatch? I’m nowhere close.

My RF does even slightly higher damage now. Check the Ranger Forum, this “issue” is already discussed there.

Rangers

in WvW

Posted by: Boaz.1694

Boaz.1694

Ranger is by far the worst class/profession in the game, other than solo pve. I purposely hunt them down as easy prey on all my toons to compensate for my loses to other classes/professions. Sad, but true.

Rangers

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Ranger is by far the worst class/profession in the game, other than solo pve. I purposely hunt them down as easy prey on all my toons to compensate for my loses to other classes/professions. Sad, but true.

My Cav/Valk WK remoreless build can take it and deal it , with clarions bond and wilborne notes i pump out Might/swiftness/fury+2.2k regen and blast(12secs every 24secs) on pet swap and no its not a Exploit or a bug regardless of what you’ve heard in game.

nearly 75% of the people i come across in WvW , i have for breakfast because you know why , WvW is a hot bed for Testing Builds some are bad some are good, some people think they are good because they killed a few people that got lucky.

you can’t go lumping all rangers as bad or poor anyhow thats your opinion and don’t you dare comment back saying its true though .

don’t focus on the bad go look for some real fights instead of wasting your skills vs Crappy players, if they attack you all is fair K’O them but chasing them down? thats sad if you are doing that for a tactical advantage in a large fight anything is game , though that does not lable the class as bad only the player.

living in the past get over it .

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)