Rangers made me quit wvw

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Fenixz.7194

Fenixz.7194

There are particular like 1-2 skills that rangers bot in wvwvw . Like the arrow rain cripple skill they just spam the kitten out during gate kills. This is rediculors. 50% of wvw is rangers , and everysingle one of them is with the long range bow or the shortrangebow with the aoe. Come on , i was thinking anet were going to twink wvw faster as it is the only real “endgame” of the game. Rly there are some classes wich are crippled in wvw and rangers and engeneers wich just spam kitten and ruin the game experience for everyone. Give me w/e army composition u want and a bunch of rangers(huntards) can basicly hold a gate for ever. And fix the mesmer line of sight casting illusions , because this is kitten 20 people on the gate and a mesmer can make 5-6k to each one of them , without even seing them.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

The Ranger rain is on a 30 second cool down… You are experiencing the #2 on arrow carts.

Every class is powerful in WvW in different instances.

Yes, I play a mesmer and that needs to be fixed.

But I’m going to say you really don’t have much of a point. I think you need to concentrate on your own skill set and play style before trying to nerf things. What class do you play? Do you just zerg? Do you roam? What is your play style?

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Move out of the arrow cart aoe rings on the ground, it might help with that ranger problem you have.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Thorgrum.4679

Thorgrum.4679

If you think Rangers are the biggest threat and most OP thing in WvW causing you to quit WvW, you kind of shouldn’t be in WvW in the first place :/

^This. Ive played a ranger since day 1, ive done alright but ive yet to have someone tell me Im OP, lol. I’ll take this as a compliment.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Inconceivable.7823

Inconceivable.7823

Yeah, rangers are not at all OP and not an issue in WvW in the slightest. Mesmers should be looked at imo, with portals and time warp….its too much power….if you have a few skilled mesmers you can do things and take keeps 10 times easier. No other class is that valuable.

I’m guessing you were taken down by heavy arrow cart fire. and.or balistas.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: StormMcCloud.1587

StormMcCloud.1587

Rangers aren’t tough at all. I can down them very quickly with my warrior.

Capt Insano
Getof Fenris
http://gof.enjin.com/

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

If you’re worried about rangers, roll a mesmer. I see rangers, smile and give chase.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

OP, are you positive that you’re not confusing the Ranger arrow AoE with Arrow Cart AoE? Like a previous poster said, there’s a long cooldown on the Ranger skill and it’s not even as deadly as the Arrow Cart, which can be used consistently.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Aliro.6071

Aliro.6071

Ranger AoE is a bit OP, but for a different reason. No one could carry, let alone fire, that many arrows. It is obviously a bit of ranger magic, so that is cool. What I have trouble with is hitting a siege weapon with a handful of arrows and taking it out. Maybe we need to have Mythbusters build a few siege weapons, shoot them full of (non-flaming) arrows, and see if they are destroyed. They would probably be almost unaffected and continue to rain death and destruction on the enemy.

Keeps are too easy to take from even a well-entrenched enemy, and this is just one symptom of the problem. I realize why this was done, but it still makes me shake my head in wonder. A siege needs to be a challenge, not just another five minute pause for the zerg.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

As the OP said in another forums post : (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Don-t-you-dare-touch-Backstab/418005)

“Mediocre players that know how to whine are the bane of forums. "

Those are arrow carts, not rangers. We are not Over Powered (not even remotely close).

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

(edited by moirweyn.9872)

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

The one thing I take away from this thread is: rediculors.

I don’t have any trouble with rangers on my guardian, wall of reflection means rangers have trouble with me

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

As a Necro: grip pull down from gate, root with dagger, fear with death shroud = dead ranger. about 10-15 seconds before next ranger gets pulled down.

I love rangers as a necro :p

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

LOL – Rangers are overpowered because the OP gets hit by arrowcarts …. funny.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Zahdane.4029

Zahdane.4029

I do like how he mentioned overpowered Engineers too.
I think that’s the first time we’ve been accused of that. flex

Zahzah – Stormbluff Isle
Asura Engineer

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

About the only way that rangers can do damage that is really felt in WvW with their AoE is when you have like 6 of them and all coordinated via TS so that you can keep the rain up constantly … they’ve taken the survivabilit of the ranger away (compared to GW 1) and they have taken the spike damage away … I have a level 80 ranger but I see how MUCH easier this game is with my thief, guardian and mesmer – the only one who has an even tougher time is … guess … the ele.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

Rangers are the thing I am least scared of… as any class. Even my necro can fight a ranger pretty well. The problem I have with Rangers is their invinsible pets always being sent in first, so if you have any coordination as a zerg, the rangers send their pets in first to waste any AOE, including all of the necros staff attacks. It really annoys me. But not as much as a thief being able to melt through my 2.5 bars of health in less than 5 seconds, even with toughness stacked on my armor.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

Suggestions:

Don’t stand in red circles
Dodge roll
Those fancy skills which remove conditions
Combos that remove condition
Kill the rangers
Siege weapons
Coordinate your own counter attack against them

I’m sure there’s more(I’m not even a ranger)

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: micron.5369

micron.5369

I do like how he mentioned overpowered Engineers too.
I think that’s the first time we’ve been accused of that. flex

I thought I was the only one who caught that! This is definitely the first I’ve ever read someone state that engineers were OP. Must be some rare engineer build that I’m not aware of yet

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

That some what the idea of the ranger class but there never dieing pets that something they have got to fix badly. Having an endless safe way of harassment that a ranges has with there pets is comply wrong in most fights. There needs to be a TRUE death for a pet and a recast time for the ranger. On top of that a death of a range’s pet should give exp much like the other pets from the other classes.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

That some what the idea of the ranger class but there never dieing pets that something they have got to fix badly. Having an endless safe way of harassment that a ranges has with there pets is comply wrong in most fights. There needs to be a TRUE death for a pet and a recast time for the ranger. On top of that a death of a range’s pet should give exp much like the other pets from the other classes.

Play one. There’s a short c/d on pet swap if your pet doesn’t die but a very long one if it does. In a 1v1, a skilled ranger should be able to swap low health pets a few times. In WvW, the pet will die as soon as it’s summoned to AoEs leaving you without a pet for 45s-1min.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: BlackRabbit.1259

BlackRabbit.1259

Brilliant!

btw, You really should check out the ranger forum and the list of bugs our class suffers with. It’s got so bad that even Ele’s & Necro’s laugh at us now.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger

As everyone else says, its arrowcarts that are melting you and btw, SB has no AOE.

We have like 2 usuable skills, SB autoattack (that was just nerfed by 7% base damage) and up to 25% when you include the effects of our now broken quickness.

Wait, have we been trolled?

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Stonehenge.7830

Stonehenge.7830

OMG you have got to be kidding me. Rangers are probably the weakest class in WvW. They have zero damage spikes. If you want to accuse a class of being OP then you couldn’t have chose a worse profession to make that claim on. You can make a case for the ZOMG dmg from a thief that then stealths away. Eles have a ton of AOEs, warriors can kill some classes in 1 shot with their burst skill, Mesmers can have sooo many clones and the ability to portal an army. Engineers are actually about right, and guardians have that blue bubble. I know nothing about the necro so no comment there. All that and you chose to complain about Barrage…… a skill that does at best 800dmg critting that is also one of the few dmg skills a ranger has and it is 35s recharge. The only thing barrage has is the ability to hit more than 5 people unless that got nerfed recently. Even worse is the fact you thought arrow carts were rangers using barrage….. Have you even created a ranger to learn the skill set?

Johanne Timber – [Heap] – Borlis Pass
Stonehenge Grr – [Heap]

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Elite.4792

Elite.4792

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Play one. There’s a short c/d on pet swap if your pet doesn’t die but a very long one if it does. In a 1v1, a skilled ranger should be able to swap low health pets a few times. In WvW, the pet will die as soon as it’s summoned to AoEs leaving you without a pet for 45s-1min.

I have never played as one but the make pets give no exp at all seems a bit odd. I am talking about the ppl who do not swap pets at all and just use the same one over and over in big fights sending them into a fight to attk one person over and over with out any risk its to the point where i got to try to put up walls just to stop the pets alone.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

u sad zero damage?

Have you seen the damage other classes similar decked dish out?

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

This argument is null. The original poster was inexperienced and talking about arrow carts. he thinks 50% of WVW is rangers when what he is experiencing is someone putting an arrow cart behind the gate. The aoes look exactly like arrow rain.

The original poster is confused.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Lan.1968

Lan.1968

I thought it was amusing to see another class being called OP apart from my class. Quite refreshing

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Toble.2968

Are you a thief too?

GASP

I was refreshed for a moment and then I realized The original poster was just an idiot.

Oh wait, that’s what usually happens.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

Wow, seriously? Rangers? Go to the Ranger forum and read. Maybe you should keep playing just to rage quit for one of the following reasons-

1. Thieves
2. Thieves
3. Thieves

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Toble.2968

Arrow carts are clearly the most overpowered class and should be nerved immediatly.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I have never played as one but the make pets give no exp at all seems a bit odd. I am talking about the ppl who do not swap pets at all and just use the same one over and over in big fights sending them into a fight to attk one person over and over with out any risk its to the point where i got to try to put up walls just to stop the pets alone.

Wow, you should really try one so you can see how inaccurate your impression is. What you are describing is simply not possible.

If you do not swap pets, you can’t send the same one in over and over. If your pet dies you have two ways to revive it …

1. Swap to your other pet, this is on a long cool down (slightly shorter if it was still alive, but still long).
2. Once you get out of combat (which can also take a long time in WvW) your pet will start to regenerate health. This works almost like a “downed state” except the pet won’t do anything but follow the ranger around, but like a downed player it needs to regenerate it’s downed health bar before it becomes alive again.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: NightFire.7563

NightFire.7563

Actually, Rangers are giggles of fun to fight. Unlike the thief…Which can stay invis perma and take down a zerg… So might you change the name of the thread from Ranger to Thief? It’d make more sense.

Also, if you are getting pummeled at the walls. Why don’t you stay away from them? Build Catas or Trebs to hit the walls, or tell everyone to AoE where you see the arrows being fired from. Most AoE’s can easily take down the Arrow Carts, or damage those on the walls enough to push them back for a bit to build a Ram.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

50% rangers? I haven’t seen them in overwhelming amounts. Also playing as an elementalist often going my own way or in small groups I don’t have much problems with them. And I’m considered to be an easy kill if caught alone or often focused on first if in small group.
From my class’s point of view thieves and mesmers are much more of a problem, as in dieing within a few eye blinks if I’m not paying attention or having my escape skills on cd.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Id like to take pride in this but I just cant. I know for a fact that its the arrow carts and not rangers QQ. Or maybe the npc veteran archers which infact kitten face. But ranger class op in any form of this game? Ehhhh no, maybe annoying, maybe a pest, but no1 ever says God I wish rangers werent so kitten op.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

And this is why mesmers are op’d – cos ppl so kitten as the OP can play them successfully…..

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I used to think rangers were OP…..

…Then I took an arrow to the knee

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

He used to think that meme was cool.

Then he took a knee to the balls.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: NightFire.7563

NightFire.7563

And this is why mesmers are op’d – cos ppl so kitten as the OP can play them successfully…..

I lol’d… Then I lol’d again.

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Brilliant!

btw, You really should check out the ranger forum and the list of bugs our class suffers with. It’s got so bad that even Ele’s & Necro’s laugh at us now.

Us Eles don’t laugh at anyone. We’re too busy cursing at the screen because some Thief stealthed into our 60 man zerg, 2 shot us, and got away without taking damage.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Rangers made me quit wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Aslag.5061

Aslag.5061

My main is a ranger and your way off base on your issue here, you need to leave the wvw if you can’t handle getting killed. I can tell you for first hand ever other class is a pain in my butt and I love the challenge. Now thiefs are nasty when they get up on your backside, a few hits and your dead, don’t see me crying.
Learn to move and stay out the incoming arrows! lol
Only thing I was trying to figure out is how some get some 5k to 6k hits over and over and take no damage. I know I have 12lvls before becoming a lvl 80 and I will see that kind of dps, heck there are like walking gods at time, lol