Rate Siege Weapons on Effectiveness

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Rate each siege on effectiveness. There are a few ways I thought of doing this, Anet has effectively given them ratings because some can be bought for less money or laurels then the others.

In Gold/Laurel
Alpha Siege Golem – Should be most effective at 1G , Trebuchet – Should be second most effective 24s, Catapult – Should be third most effective 12s ,Ballista – Should be fourth most effective 10s, Arrow Cart/Flame Ram – Should be least effective at 6s.
Laurels are similiarly priced, trebuchets giving you the least amount of prints, then catapaults, then ballista, flame ram and arrow carts the same. EITHER WAY IMO:

Best:
1. Arrow Cart
2. Trebuchet
3. Catapault
4. Flame Ram
5. Ballista
6. Alpha Golem

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

They are all equally effective, but situationally dependant. That’s my rating.

Try taking a tower with an arrow cart, or defend a choke point with just a trebuchet…

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Defending a choke with a treb is very effective actually…kinda hard to move forward with poison cows an giant boulders coming at you

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

Arrow Carts is the only siege that can’t get your server a tower / keep, so I would have to say;

Rams
Trebs
Catapult
Ballista
Golem
Arrow Cart

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I would have to say arrow carts come in at #1 with arrow carts following up in a close 2nd place.

It’s also hard to argue that arrow carts in the #3 spot aren’t better than our #2 arrow carts but we all know the superior damage of arrow cart’s in 2nd place give it a strong lead over arrow carts otherwise.

Did I mention arrow carts?

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1. golems, nothing better than an army of 60 golems while the enemy scout is afk for a minute.
1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I would have to say arrow carts come in at #1 with arrow carts following up in a close 2nd place.

It’s also hard to argue that arrow carts in the #3 spot aren’t better than our #2 arrow carts but we all know the superior damage of arrow cart’s in 2nd place give it a strong lead over arrow carts otherwise.

Did I mention arrow carts?

This. There is only two things better than arrowcarts, superior arrowcart and multiple superior arrowcarts.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

I slaughtered a facegating zerg singlehandedly with a normal AC built as the gate hit 20% and two points in AC mastery.

40+ loot bags.

Anet says they want to keep this level of damage to players, just not siege.

Pretty sure AC will rule the siege roster for a long, long time.

Disciple of Quag