Reduce the impact of night capping?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

How many Charrs does it take to fix a forum?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

i voted for scoring changes but reading posts here i’m like and what the off-hours? so many different time zones let’s say on na whole america ofc is not on one time zone and they have players from oc (there’s not oceanic server). they may have some europeans too. adjusting scoring by timezones is unfair for the players from oceanic and europe who play in na they will feel they have no impact on the server.

so it has to be another solution than that.

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

I’m an off-hour player many times and, yes it needs fixing. Because I can take at time 5 ppl and get a 500+ tick for hours is ridiculous. 20-40k pt swings in the primetime populations night/morning is ridiculous. So yes it should be marginalized in someway, but you are still going to contribute to the score just not by absurd amounts liek is happening now.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I’m an off-hour player many times and, yes it needs fixing. Because I can take at time 5 ppl and get a 500+ tick for hours is ridiculous. 20-40k pt swings in the primetime populations night/morning is ridiculous. So yes it should be marginalized in someway, but you are still going to contribute to the score just not by absurd amounts liek is happening now.

Yes this. I’ve done it too and it’s op as hell. Even worse, opposing servers wake up to their stuff being t3 and owned by someone else.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I also think there are a few terms for when the majority make special rules to marginalize a minority.

There is a term for when the majority have the same rules as the minority too, except the new rules is different from the old rules in a way that improve them overall.

It’s called… uhm… wait… better rules. Yes, that’s it.

I remain flabbergasted with the fact that people keep spouting nonsense.

To make a comparison with a recent change, let’s take stability. Before it sucked and now its fine. It’s a global change in the rules of the game. Anet didnt make it a special rule in order for the melee train to be able to crush the backline. They didnt just set the ICD on Guardians and Warriors only, which would have been the eqvivalent of what some people think a reduction of runaway score will mean. Anet arent that kittened and players would have gone berserk over a change that favored certain classes only. No, they change the entire rule for how stability work. ICD for everyone. Same for everyone.

Again, Anet arent complete kittens. Give them more credit than that.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Reducing night capping just tells players who aren’t in NA that they are lesser human beings. It is a failed attempt to fix a game mode that is flawed to it’s core.

in WvW

Gideon.6742

Reducing night capping just tells players who aren’t in NA that they are lesser human beings. It is a failed attempt to fix a game mode that is flawed to it’s core.

No, not at all. It’s saying hey less people are playing so the PPT during those hours is going to reflect that. You are still going to get points just not these thousands upon thousands you would before. Even if they reduced the gain 50% you can still get 10-20k point swings……………………for PvDing everything with basically no one or no one defending

in WvW

Posted by: Jiminy.8340

Jiminy.8340

Good god fellow forum warriors please stop referring to real war when talking about WvW in an online game.

Someone is suggesting getting allies from other regions to nightcap for them, as much as especially NA likes to buy guilds from EU to win the match-ups for them, I’m sorry not everyone wants to do that. And to be fair in my opinion it is rather sad trend.

Reducing the effectiveness doesn’t mean nightcapping or some wicked aussie playing in EU server would be meaningless. Even if the PPT during nights would be halved, you’re still worth way more than a prime time player.

And yes, I like to play God at times and decide the entire match-ups by myself night capping, but I do realize it shouldn’t be that way.

So lets ignore real world comparisons and only use gaming terms.

WvW is a 24×7 multiplayer game. If you have 1000 players that only player primetime, you’re not playing by either of those ideals. As an individual, you have fun and win battles and get points. As a team/server, you lose the war.

If you balance out your servers and get guilds across all timezones, you might not win all battles or streamroll anyone at anytime, but you stand a kitten good chance at winning the war because others servers are too focussed on ‘primetime’. It’s all pretty simple. Lots of servers did this during BWE and pre-launch. They’re the effective T1 and T2 servers now.

No ‘buying’ guilds. No playing god. Just playing a 24×7 multiplayer game.

As an aside, you seem to forget that killing other players adds to a server score. You 1000 strong server steamrolling another during primetime generates far more points than just claiming objectives. Should Anet lower the points per kill during primetime due to an advantage of numbers during primetime?

in WvW

Jiminy.8340

No, not at all. It’s saying hey less people are playing so the PPT during those hours is going to reflect that. You are still going to get points just not these thousands upon thousands you would before. Even if they reduced the gain 50% you can still get 10-20k point swings……………………for PvDing everything with basically no one or no one defending

Should we also remove points per kill during primetime? Afterall, there are more players and more points up for grabs then.

in WvW

Gideon.6742

Should we also remove points per kill during primetime? Afterall, there are more players and more points up for grabs then.

That is a terrible comparison. PPK is a small percentage of overall score. On top of that the kill differences makes it even less substantial as most of the points negate each other.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Nightcapping can be fixed with better population distribution or population balance. The merger is step 1 to fix population. To continue, we need to entice more players into WvW to get more people onto the borderlands around the clock.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Jiminy.8340

That is a terrible comparison. PPK is a small percentage of overall score. On top of that the kill differences makes it even less substantial as most of the points negate each other.

But you wouldn’t be opposed to lowering the PPK during primetime? More bodies, more points possible – thus putting ‘nightcappers’ at a disadvantage. Come to think of it, less badges also. Have to try and make everything fair afterall.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyeme.6589

Tyeme.6589

So what’s the solution? Base ppt on population per map. Your server has max population you get the full tick. Your server has 0 population on map, you get 0 points…even if you own everything on the map? Of course someone will afk bot. Servers with more bodies will be at an even greater advantage.

Close the WvW servers from 3am-11am? Make different servers with different “primetimes” since there are different time zones players are from?

Any rigging of the scoring is going to cause more people to leave WvW and probably the game. If a server doesn’t like the fact they are losing the zerg wars during “primetime”, what do they do? They recruit more people! If a server doesn’t like losing the “night capping” war, what should they do? Whine at Anet to change the rules? No. They should recruit more people!

in WvW

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I don’t get why this is even on the list.
There is no such thing as “nightcapping”. It is always night time somewhere around the world.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Here’s a simple fix. Capping an objective adds to your score ONCE. Defending then becomes an exercise in preventing the enemy from scoring. Player kills then become the dominant scoring mechanism.

Result= no more runaway scores from 6-9 hours of ‘nightcapping’ and ‘holding’ objectives when no one is around to challenge.

The key is in calculating the amount to add to the score for that cap, needs to be enough to affect the overall score but not so much that it affects the overall match.

Would also lead to potentially not wanting to flip objectives near their entrance, or to defending them to prevent a score.

So rather than holding 600 points on a tick every 15 minutes with no one around, the effect of uncontested flipping becomes much reduced.

Preventing an attack could also add a small amount to the score, so defence is rewarded (and adds to the contribution bar, provided you were in combat, no afk allowed!). It would also make contesting a WP by some random thief counter productive for their server as they would be adding to the enemy’s score. I’ve never understood why a single player touching a door should worry the defenders so much that the alarms ring and the WP becomes contested.

This method would see greater scoring the more players on the map, but everyone’s efforts at any time of day would be equally rewarded.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

There is no such thing as “nightcapping”. It is always night time somewhere around the world.

Not possible. The world evolves around me according to Anet’s definition of night capping. If I’m not online doing the capping, it’s night capping. I’ll give you my login time so Anet can properly set this new scoring system to lessen the effects of night capping.

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

True, but GW2-player aren’t distributed equally around the world.
Especially not due to the division into EU/NA.

Unfortunately this leads to times with full maps and times with empty maps.

To make it equally fair in all cases, the number of objective points per player to be captured for PPT needs to be equal at all times.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

If some people’s problem is with the word nightcapping then lets call it ‘off time capping’. And yes there is such thing. Prime time is when majority is online and off time is when minority of players are online.
No one has said that there would be no points from off time just make it matter less as mu’s are now pretty much decided on off time. No PPK doesn’t equal the off time capping simply because the points are going both ways. But tick during off time is only going one way. And prime time lasts only 3-4 hours where as off time lasts for 6-9 hours.
The problem after HoT wasn’t that big but pre-hot especially this was a huge problem.
I don’t know about NA servers but at least for EU it has been so. Or am I just talking for myself.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If some people’s problem is with the word nightcapping then lets call it ‘off time capping’. And yes there is such thing. Prime time is when majority is online and off time is when minority of players are online.

So instead of building a World around a “Melting Pot” of continuous coverage, we should just stack a 4 hour time period??? This way we can blob roll around and then ask Anet to shut down the maps? This way we must be winners, right?

How off and antisocial does that idea of “prime time” sound?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

Why not mix one NA server with one EU server ? So you got both time zones covered.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Hm Jade Quary, you have coverage, and you want to keep your advantage based on this coverage, how antisocial is this?

Concerning shut-down of maps: I think play would be more fun, if people that fit one map are forced to play on one map and aren’t allowed to spread out on 4 or even worser jump around on 4 to play hide-and-seek. They have to fight people instead of fighting doors and playing hide-and-seek.

And if you would read proposals carefully and not only would make propaganda to defend your advantage, you would notice, that most people do not propose to shutdown all maps in off-time, but to scale map-capacity/objective-amounts to the number of players that do play at that time.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You guys can put down your pitchforks and torches already. 1) first we need to see which poll is going to win 2) if the score wins, we still need to see how anet is going to fix “nightcapping”. Save your berserk energy for times you really need it….

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

How dare OCX and EU players complain about not having a bigger impact as NA on NA servers. Lol sounds like silliness to me. I think Anet should give these OCX players 3 worlds for themselves to fight on, if they still don’t choose to move to these OCX servers then their voices are mute on these forums about getting less for their work. After 2 months if there are still more OCX on the NA servers vs the OCX worlds then Anet simply shut down the OCX worlds and give those players a free transfer, and pay no attention to there voice as far a getting scored less on NA/EU servers. Simply problem solve there lets move on.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The only way this could work without bashing on anyone who is not primetime is tono longer have wvw go on 24/7. Make the real matches 12 hours or 24 hours long, with breaks etc, so people can prepare and strategise for them. Otherwise it will be a mess.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

How dare OCX and EU players complain about not having a bigger impact as NA on NA servers. Lol sounds like silliness to me. I think Anet should give these OCX players 3 worlds for themselves to fight on, if they still don’t choose to move to these OCX servers then their voices are mute on these forums about getting less for their work. After 2 months if there are still more OCX on the NA servers vs the OCX worlds then Anet simply shut down the OCX worlds and give those players a free transfer, and pay no attention to there voice as far a getting scored less on NA/EU servers. Simply problem solve there lets move on.

Remember to also build a wall between these servers. Make Guild Wars 2 great again!

People these days, smh…

in WvW

Weli.4568

So instead of building a World around a “Melting Pot” of continuous coverage, we should just stack a 4 hour time period??? This way we can blob roll around and then ask Anet to shut down the maps? This way we must be winners, right?

No one has said that people should stack more prime time. You are of course free to play when ever you want, that is the point of WvW. It is just silly/stupid that the mu’s are decided when no one or handful of players are defending/attacking.
It is not matter of playing longer or staying up later as people have jobs or school to attend to.

Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Why not mix one NA server with one EU server ? So you got both time zones covered.

Already has separate thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EU-US-Pairings
and reply from Tyler

This won’t happen for technical reasons (our NA and EU datacenters are entirely separate.) Though even if it was technically possible, there’d still be design reasons to avoid doing so, like that EU national worlds wouldn’t have NA partners that spoke the same language.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Here’s a simple fix. Capping an objective adds to your score ONCE. Defending then becomes an exercise in preventing the enemy from scoring. Player kills then become the dominant scoring mechanism.

Yep. Been proposed many times already.

The change plans that can not be directly mentioned actually had same idea – they still had small passive tick but capturing gave much more points, specially when objective tiers increased. The result being that if you capture tier 1 objectives from whole maps when no enemies are around (before anyone jumps in, NOT IN THE NIGHT, but any time) and then they all slowly upgrade while no enemies are around to recap (ANY TIME, NOT JUST NIGHT!) and eventually enemies return to the game and take most of them back, your cap score from low tier obejctives + your tick while no enemies are around is not that much higher as the amount of points enemies gain from capturing the now much higher tier objectives back.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Nightcapping can be fixed with better population distribution or population balance. The merger is step 1 to fix population. To continue, we need to entice more players into WvW to get more people onto the borderlands around the clock.

the people are not interested in population balance or solving the root of the problem. they are interesting in “winning”

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

So much conjecture here.

Please use
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups – score/income evolution for every matchup in the past
http://coveragewars2.com/timezone/ – estimated PPT per time zone
http://www.gw2score.com/matchups – has “Most points gained between” , “Highest tick”
and have a look mainly at OCX/SEA prime and servers where that is the origin of majority of score.

Opinions without data are just feelings or perception. The situation is far worse on EU servers

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

I thought from day one that a 24/7 open world PvP “match” was a format that just couldn’t work. Why not have more realistic 6 hour matches with 2 hour breaks in-between. Winners of the match would be determined by points awarded for objectives capped and defended, as well as players killed…etc…and the points could scale by population so each time zones’ contribution would be more balanced.

Points then could be awarded to each server by how they placed in the 6 hour match and accumulate for a final weekly winner. Rewards in each match like a “daily” reward for participation and achievements would also give more players incentive to play and might help with population balance.

It would give each time zone at least a chance for a small victory every 8 hours and a reason to keep trying instead of how it is now when by mid-week it is already apparent who is going to win so the fair-weathers disappear.

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

propose to shutdown all maps in off-time, but to scale map-capacity/objective-amounts to the number of players that do play at that time.

Yeah, I read that correctly as the double speak that it is. It’s still asking the Dev’s to shut down the maps and limit map capacity to the lowest population only. The entire 24/7 game mode was and is about building a competitive world. That means winning is about having superior organization and coverage around the clock. These request to hamper players playing in their time zones are fostering inequality and antisocial.

Editing to add:

You guys can put down your pitchforks and torches already. 1) first we need to see which poll is going to win 2) if the score wins, we still need to see how anet is going to fix “nightcapping”. Save your berserk energy for times you really need it….

My berserk energy far exceeds the requirement of this message board

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Weli.4568

Yeah, I read that correctly as the double speak that it is. It’s still asking the Dev’s to shut down the maps and limit map capacity to the lowest population only. The entire 24/7 game mode was and is about building a competitive world. That means winning is about having superior organization and coverage around the clock. These request to hamper players playing in their time zones are fostering inequality and antisocial.

Sooo… Your answer is more server stacking? You can’t forcefully spread your coverage around the clock as people have real life commitments such as work, studies or maybe even family. Suggesting something as absurd to someone with full-time job as "yea mate we decided that you should take that 2am-5am shift in off time capping. Not happening.
Reducing off time mattering in mu’s is obviously more logical answer.

Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

I have no problem with night capping. WvW It is a War is it not? and there are lots of people from all over the world playing, why should some get a preference over other just because they live in a different part of the world? diminishing the efforts and time other people put in.

like what hmsgoddess said:

WvW = War. War is a 24 hour thing. It doesn’t stop just because you went to bed. I am so tired of hearing about nightcapping and scoring. work on ways to overcome those challenges. Your playtime isn’t more valuable than others.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Sooo… Your answer is more server stacking? You can’t forcefully spread your coverage around the clock as people have real life commitments such as work, studies or maybe even family.

“Reducing off time mattering”… no. One rule for every timezone, anything else is wrong.

“You can’t forcefully spread your coverage around the clock” That’s true. We, the players, we can’t. But Anet can and should and MUST do it quick. It’s the only way to achieve balance: (close to) same numbers for all servers — in every timezone.

Don’t even name a server here, it’s irrelevant. If every server must die, so be it… but without balance WvW will die surely, while there is no competition at all. There can’t be compromises: balance comes first, rest pales in comparison.

Also one rule for everyone – no discrimination. Adjusting point ticks based on number of fights, or similar, that’s fine. Based on a timezone? No.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

Weli.4568

“Reducing off time mattering”… no. One rule for every timezone, anything else is wrong.

Don’t even name a server here, it’s irrelevant. If every server must die, so be it… but without balance WvW will die surely, while there is no competition at all. There can’t be compromises: balance comes first, rest pales in comparison.

Also one rule for everyone – no discrimination. Adjusting point ticks based on number of fights, or similar, that’s fine. Based on a timezone? No.

Funny, I pretty much see only JQ people defending off time capping.
But you don’t find it dumb that mu is decided when minority of players or barely any is online?

Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Sinning.7483

Sinning.7483

Sooo… Your answer is more server stacking? You can’t forcefully spread your coverage around the clock as people have real life commitments such as work, studies or maybe even family.

“You can’t forcefully spread your coverage around the clock” That’s true. We, the players, we can’t. But Anet can and should and MUST do it quick. It’s the only way to achieve balance: (close to) same numbers for all servers — in every timezone.

Totally agree with the above…except would like to add that with the new Server pairing and increase in numbers we have more larger Zerg like combat and less small group combat…any system based on fights would need to look the consequence of making small group combat even less popular and create an environment whereby we see even less useful builds in WvW.

IMHO the people crying out for Time-of-US-Day based scoring (something Anet will simply not do, it’s illogical to think this is a good solution) need to put a bit more thought in to their arguments/solutions.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Totally agree with the above…except would like to add that with the new Server pairing and increase in numbers we have more larger Zerg like combat and less small group combat…any system based on fights would need to look the consequence of making small group combat even less popular and create an environment whereby we see even less useful builds in WvW.

IMHO the people crying out for Time-of-US-Day based scoring (something Anet will simply not do, it’s illogical to think this is a good solution) need to put a bit more thought in to their arguments/solutions.

Yes how dare NA people on a NA server cry out for their server wide efforts to be worth more then a few OCX/SEA people brought by other server for a free win during off “NA” hours.

#Logic
#Paytowin

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Aeowia.7214

Funny, I pretty much see only JQ people defending off time capping.
But you don’t find it dumb that mu is decided when minority of players or barely any is online?

As I said, this has nothing to do with a server: the rule has to be same for everyone.

And I don’t defend off time capping – if that means capping empty objectives – no matter in which timezone that is happening. But if you mean favoring one timezone over another: that’s wrong in a 24/7 game. Unless this game becomes an NA evening game for 4 hours in the evening and put offline for the rest of the time.

Don’t make other timezones feel like 2nd class citizens. It’s not “dumb” if a match-up is decided 24/7. Instead ask for equal coverage.

in WvW

Aeowia.7214

Yes how dare NA people on a NA server cry out for their server wide efforts to be worth more then a few OCX/SEA people brought by other server for a free win during off “NA” hours.

#Logic

Exactly this. It’s either everyone equal or not. The “few OCX/SEA people brought by other server” has to cease, they are not slaves worth less… They want balanced match up too. They want to have fun, just like NA. And don’t even start that NA is better, they don’t all stack in one server, or other such superiority argument – they do.

Balance either belongs to all, or to none. Coverage has to be fixed by moving players, and not by making some players effort worth less.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

If they made OCX/SEA servers I’d move instantly, I just want to fight other people in these timezones not look at the shiny pepeteeeee.

Let’s face it, even if PPT is competitive the fights are absolutely trash if the server doesn’t have OCX/SEA. Mag/YB are both terrible opponents for OCX/SEA players since they have nothing during those 2 timezones and just make up all the PPT with strong NA/EU presence. So what if the score is even? It’s not fun. I imagine Mag think it’s bad too, YB loves it though, PvD is in their blood.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Players contribution being worth less solely due to where they live is logical?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

I am really not sure what ANet thinks would be a good idea for changing WvW scoring. They created a game mode where coverage is important, and now they are considering punishing that coverage.

They also want more ways for servers to catch up? That sounds an awful lot like punishing the server in first place. I have played during pushes where my server has narrowly lost or even won from behind. Neither are particularly enjoyable, as you end up playing hard throughout the entire week.

It seems like there are a lot of individuals frustrated with the current scoring system not giving them an opportunity to affect the result. The problem is that WvW is not about individual skill, but large scale teamwork. Changing the scoring system is not going to make these people happy, the only thing that will help them is having someone team up with them and show them how to be an effective part of the whole.

All this complaining about night-capping is just about people valuing their own contribution over the contribution of every other player.

On top of it all, to humor the people that really think they alone should determine the outcome of a 24/7 400v400v400 match, I wonder what they would change?

I assume everybody realizes how crazy it would be to ‘close’ WvW during certain hours of the day, so that leaves only one other potential solution to me – scaling score based on the number of players.

I imagine the idea goes like this: if across all 4 maps the combined number of players from all servers is 100, then make the PPT at that time worth only a fraction (100/1600 for example) of what it is worth when the maps are full. The problem being that having no players would then be more valuable than having bad players. Some of the servers I have been on were mean enough without having this kind of incentive to harass other people. I think a lot of the players in favor of this type of change would only be in favor of it until they were the ones their server was trying to get to log off.

Hyade and his flamethrower

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

When you are on a server not located in your personal time zone. Yes, yes it is.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

When you are on a server not located in your personal time zone. Yes, yes it is.

Base on the logic, the server is located in PST, so EST is considered night capping hours.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

Are Anet really considering this? they should leave it. they can’t win. either way they go, they will be screwing over the other half of the world player population.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The drama and sheer exegeration in this thread. “If anet doesnt let me contribute 10x more because i play at night it means they think i am subhuman”.

What the actual kitten?

Nightcapping has been issue since day one, no time slot has more impact on determining the winner than the night slot. Adressing this issue to lessen the overwhelming impact of a few players during off-hours should’ve been done years ago.

Nightcapping is not going to be worthless, however you simply should not be the “Kingmakers” of WvW. Where all that matters is your work and everyone else is irrelevant.
Because that is the reality here that these nightbabies seem to ignore. Right now and for the past 3,5 years it has been the people playing during the day and prime time who have been made, to put it in your words “subhuman”. Because that 4k lead we etch out over the course of an evening of battle is dust in the wind compared to the 30k nightcapping wins back knocking down undefended keeps.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Base on the logic, the server is located in PST, so EST is considered night capping hours.

For the 999’999 time:

It should be irrelevant when you play, but currently it isn’t.

Every player should fight for excatly 1 PPT each player can fight for, be it in prime-time where 700 people fight for 695 PPTor be in at some other time where X player should fight for X PPT.

The problem is the current situation where sometimes it goes up to 20 PPT per player instead of the admissble 1.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

OK then you;d be happy for all your non NA to move to a rival server then I presume.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Weli.4568

More logical than server stacking is

Desolation