Remove Boonshare, It's gonna break WvW

in WvW

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

But before, we didn’t had the resistance boon and it was much harder to stack quickness than it is now with chronomancer.

It’s not just Chrono that’s ramped up the quickness stacking, it’s the fact that before HoT, quickness wasn’t a boon.

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

first of all, i need to point out that there are alot of exaggerations here in this thread. but knowing how things go, it is coming for sure.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

But before, we didn’t had the resistance boon and it was much harder to stack quickness than it is now with chronomancer.

It’s not just Chrono that’s ramped up the quickness stacking, it’s the fact that before HoT, quickness wasn’t a boon.

But even if it was a boon, the only ways you would get quickness on a mesmer would be from timewarp or signet of rage. All other quickness skills from other professions are self quickness.

Now you have Tides of Time, Well of Action, Seize the Moment Trait. And with Continuum Split you can use the quickness skills and signet TWICE. I sometimes roam with my friends on Boonshare Mesmer and sometimes we end a fight with still 15-20s of quickness left. The ramping on quickness is just absurd if you compare to base mesmer.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

OneEightHundred.5689

But even if it was a boon, the only ways you would get quickness on a mesmer would be from timewarp or signet of rage.

If 2 guards give 8 seconds of quickness to 2 mesmers, then they can keep it going forever with SoI ping-ponging, but it’s more vulnerable to strips or mistakes. Even if they didn’t roll it permanently, 2 FMW + 2 SoI would give over a minute of quickness to everyone hit by it (as opposed to 16 without SoI).

Chrono just removes the need for FMW and makes the whole thing idiotproof, but the real problem is that AoE copying quickness is fundamentally broken, especially when you can ping-pong boons across multiple copies of SoI to get them to many times their original duration.

(edited by OneEightHundred.5689)

in WvW

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

Put a cap on quickness, say 5s. Have resistance reduce incoming damage for conditions like protection does or…. Have protection reduce incoming condition damage as well and completely remove resistance from the game.

On the condition side, allow condition stacking to occur but once said condition type has been cleansed/removed then give it an ICD (ie: 1.5 s) for reapplication. One of the biggest issues with conditions is the ease in which they can be reapplied versus cleansed.

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

This whole argument is ridiculous as hell. Hot brought alot of damage to the game I don’t see these boons as overpowered or needing nerf. They are a necessity to any organised group. Besides, if players take time to organise themselves, why shouldn’t they have an advantage over the average player. Are you trying to kill guilds? Why have a guild when I can just pug it out all the time

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

Put a cap on quickness, say 5s. Have resistance reduce incoming damage for conditions like protection does or…. Have protection reduce incoming condition damage as well and completely remove resistance from the game.

On the condition side, allow condition stacking to occur but once said condition type has been cleansed/removed then give it an ICD (ie: 1.5 s) for reapplication. One of the biggest issues with conditions is the ease in which they can be reapplied versus cleansed.

5s is the time I take to run from my computer to my toilet. And believe they are almost side by side unlike some towers and camps and how long two groups take to ramp up their fights. Are u thinking for my potty sweetie

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think some boons just need a hard cap such as quickness… 10s should be enough of hard cap, stacking quickness to a minute or more shouldn’t be allowed.

Same goes for resistance.

Those 2 boons are just way too strong.

(it also doesn’t need a skill group to pull off)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Omg there are counters for everything if you know how to play your class. Stop whining please and play the game. I mean, what do you want? Everything to be so balanced that you just spam 1 and see who dies first??

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

I have seen instances of groups running around with +1min 30s of Resistance as well as the rest of the whole gambit (might, protection, quickness, etc, etc, etc).

Let’s be honest here, Boonshare doesn’t really need to go, it’s a good idea and fun to use but it needs to be capped at a sensible point that doesn’t allow a 5 man party to go completely ape-kitten with it.

Certain boons such as Resistance, Protection, Quickness, Vigor need to have a max duration cap set to 10s. That would help to curb things a bit.

in WvW

OneEightHundred.5689

Everything to be so balanced that you just spam 1 and see who dies first??

No, but that’s a pretty good description of what it’s like to run boon share against a group that isn’t though.

Quickness and resistance were never supposed to have 100% uptime. I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. If you think they should have 100% uptime from a totally brainless build, then maybe ANet should just make Pain Absorption and FMW grant a minute worth of boons and get it over with.

The counter to boon share is to run boon share. We run boon strips while also running boon share, boon strips aren’t an effective counter by themselves because it takes far more player slots to get rid of all of the boons. If you could rip a full stack of boons from a whole zerg easily, then stab would be useless.

Also keep in mind that the existence of this build completely removes condition pressure as a method of counterplay because none of your conditions will ever do anything.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I have seen instances of groups running around with +1min 30s of Resistance as well as the rest of the whole gambit (might, protection, quickness, etc, etc, etc).

Let’s be honest here, Boonshare doesn’t really need to go, it’s a good idea and fun to use but it needs to be capped at a sensible point that doesn’t allow a 5 man party to go completely ape-kitten with it.

Certain boons such as Resistance, Protection, Quickness, Vigor need to have a max duration cap set to 10s. That would help to curb things a bit.

Or give more classes access to that glorious Corrupt Boon that Necro can use, such as Revenant, Thief, and Engineer. Give more classes the ability to turn those buffs against you, and see how fast the boonshare is shut down.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

It takes player slots to run boonshare as well? Like that slot could go to another role? The counter to boons is boonstrip as mentioned earlier in this thread. Boonstrip as indicated by the name is the stripping of boons on another player by a boonstripper. :O

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

OneEightHundred.5689

Or give more classes access to that glorious Corrupt Boon that Necro can use, such as Revenant, Thief, and Engineer. Give more classes the ability to turn those buffs against you, and see how fast the boonshare is shut down.

Sure, as long as you’re okay with stab being useless and everyone going back to venom wells and pirate ship.

in WvW

OneEightHundred.5689

It takes player slots to run boonshare as well?

It doesn’t take as many, each mesmer is a stack of boons for 5 people.

There is no boon removal that’s good at removing deep stacks from multiple players, and there won’t be because it would break stab. The only AoE boon removals are ground-targeted AoEs that remove one per pulse and can be avoided, a necro shout that removes 2 boons and requires being right up in their face, and Grim Specter, which can be used once every 3 minutes, is a really slow reflectable projectile that also tracks the ground and usually misses.

It’s hard to just get quickness off of one player with a full boon stack. I’ve been stripping mesmers and it usually takes SS + Corrupt Boon to actually get quickness off of them, it takes several rounds of that to actually slow them down because they keep getting more copies from other mesmers, and then it takes another minute before it actually wears off of their group.

(edited by OneEightHundred.5689)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Sure, as long as you’re okay with stab being useless and everyone going back to venom wells and pirate ship.

Considering I’m seeing 8 stacks of stab being taken out in under 1 second, I’d say stab’s ALREADY useless.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

5s is the time I take to run from my computer to my toilet. And believe they are almost side by side unlike some towers and camps and how long two groups take to ramp up their fights. Are u thinking for my potty sweetie

Are you so dependent that you need to stack so much quickness prefight in order not having to worry about stacking some more during the fight? What promotes more skill and organization, pre stacking all your boons or calling out your boons during a fight? Perhaps that’s something you should be thinking about the next time you are in the potty sweetie.

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Considering I’m seeing 8 stacks of stab being taken out in under 1 second, I’d say stab’s ALREADY useless.

You are not seeing 8 stacks of stability being taken out in 1s unless it was boonstripped. The icd on the stability stacks is working fine, otherwise the meta wouldn’t have shifted back and we would still be pirate shipping.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Quickness and resistance were never supposed to have 100% uptime. I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. If you think they should have 100% uptime from a totally brainless build, then maybe ANet should just make Pain Absorption and FMW grant a minute worth of boons and get it over with.

But… Anet hasnt done jack kitten to fix it, so it must suppose to be like this?

Because the fix is simple. Protection is a shareable boon but does not stack. Resistance is not a shareable boon and does not stack. Quickness is not a shareable boon and does not stack. Bam done. This can be fixed in minutes because the game already has these states available in the boon rules.

But nope they done nothing.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

But… Anet hasnt done jack kitten to fix it, so it must suppose to be like this?

Because the fix is simple. Protection is a shareable boon but does not stack. Resistance is not a shareable boon and does not stack. Quickness is not a shareable boon and does not stack. Bam done. This can be fixed in minutes because the game already has these states available in the boon rules.

But nope they done nothing.

Honestly, knowing Arena Net new line fo work, we’ll have to wait for them to make a pool about this so then they can start working on fixing this that will be aplied in some future major update without a specific date.