Remove Consumables from WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

How about you rely on the skill you have with your profession then some ridiculous in-game, non-balanced items?

Its one thing to have a tree branch that can stun drop from an Oakheart (atleast im pretty sure) but it doesnt replace the abilities your class has and suddenly outshines them by offering a gimmick to rely on.

I use food/oil. I also use Blessings as well.

I dont use skale venom because i just dont see the good in it, i dont think it makes or breaks your match. But is skale venmon really needed to win that duel? So that crit you just made useless with weakness (or made into a glancing blow) that you got from skale venom allowed you to noob-face-tank that high dmg move he just casted on you, instead of having to dodge, and react accordingly. Yup thats Tooootally skill right there.

Because yes, that is what skill is, not learning how to view battle, when to dodge, and how to go about initiating an attack on someone. Its about spamming buttons and getting as many game mechanics on your side that you know about rather then your opponent.

Wow my level of expectation to the quality of pvpers in this game has now been severely put into perspective.

I don’t get it your post in a thread about removing consumables is a insulting one about how OP(I guess you meant it towards OP because of your use of “How about you rely on the skill you have”) should use skill instead of consumables??? If this thread was not directed at the OP then your should of stated more clearly who you were talking to.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

No infact im agreeing with the OP, Bunzy, wholeheartedly.

I meant to state in general to those who think that having these in WvW are good and somehow improve gameplay. When in fact its a crutch that allows players to rely on something that gives them a very significant advantage in battle over someone else.

i.e. – have you ever fought someone with skale venom in a 1v1, 2v2, or even in a random skirmish that refused to fight unless they had their skale venom on? Personally i fight those people without skale venom purposefully to see how close i come against them and if i beat them, you have an advantage on me that i dont and i still win? Guess what your just bad.

Its meant to show that if you didnt have the ability to use Skale Venom, where would you be? You’d be at a severe disadvantage by relying on something (weakness to save you from real dmg) rather then improving on your gameplay (like properly saving your endurance to dodge attacks)

Its a crutch. Period. Take it out of WvW.

I understand Bunzy’s reasonings for “stocking” up on them and using them “Now”. Because, although unorthodox, he wants to inspire other people to see the stupidity in these items and get a following in order to cause a significant enough amount of attention on these items to the devs, in order to get them removed.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I understand Bunzy’s reasonings for “stocking” up on them and using them “Now”. Because, although unorthodox, he wants to inspire other people to see the stupidity in these items and get a following in order to cause a significant enough amount of attention on these items to the devs, in order to get them removed.

Couldn’t of said it better myself

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

What frustrates me is most of the things that are OP in WvW are generally incredibly simple. Most broken builds do not require anything past pushing 2-3 buttons. From that perspective, the consumables are not that unique in the way the break the game.

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

How about you rely on the skill you have with your profession then some ridiculous in-game, non-balanced items?

Its one thing to have a tree branch that can stun drop from an Oakheart (atleast im pretty sure) but it doesnt replace the abilities your class has and suddenly outshines them by offering a gimmick to rely on.

I dont use skale venom because i just dont see the good in it, i dont think it makes or breaks your match. But is skale venmon really needed to win that duel? So that crit you just made useless with weakness (or made into a glancing blow) that you got from skale venom allowed you to noob-face-tank that high dmg move he just casted on you, instead of having to dodge, and react accordingly. Yup thats Tooootally skill right there.

Because yes, that is what skill is, not learning how to view battle, when to dodge, and how to go about initiating an attack on someone. Its about spamming buttons and getting as many game mechanics on your side that you know about rather then your opponent.

Wow my level of expectation to the quality of pvpers in this game has now been severely put into perspective.

Some classes don’t get perma stealth. Until its eliminated, I plan to use these consumables against the class that gets it.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

I agree with the OP plus some. Other than items gained from crafting skills consumables should not be allowed in WvW if they have any effect on combat. I don’t want to wander all over tyria gathering gimmicky items independant of crafting nodes so I can use them in a clutch situation to gain an advantage over my opponent. In my opinion the bar should be set at superior blueprints. I’d prefer if there weren’t superior blueprints so you can’t throw money at a merchant and win but that’s the way it is.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Ban them in regular PVP but don’t take them out of WvW.

What people fail to realize it gives an incentive to actually play.

The people whining are the ones who basically want to make Guild Wars 2 a WOW clone. Please don’t listen to them.

in WvW

melodyca.8921

Some classes don’t get perma stealth. Until its eliminated, I plan to use these consumables against the class that gets it.

THIS! I bet the ones whining mostly whining about it are thieves.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The sad thing is that it is really, really simple to fix all of these items and not remove them from WvW use. Just add a 30 second global cooldown to bundle consumeables.

People need to realize that the effect isn’t what is broken or un-fun, it’s the spammability of said effect. A global cooldown removes the spamming (which is the only broken part about them).

Giving a thief an extra stun every 30 seconds is just OPing an already extremely powerful single target class.

Then make it a 1 minute cooldown. Doesn’t matter on specifics so long as it is long enough that you are highly unlikely to see more than one or two of these in a fight.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

The people whining are the ones who basically want to make Guild Wars 2 a WOW clone. Please don’t listen to them.

Your incentive to play is by perma dazing someone until they die? That’s depressing.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

melodyca.8921

Your incentive to play is by perma dazing someone until they die? That’s depressing.

Not my incentive. I used food but never those items. But I know people who do use them.

in WvW

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

Gears will go the way of Golem in a Box

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Another good post by Bunzy. I think he’s been hacked.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Food is OK – that’s what it is for, after all. Some food items could be slightly balanced, people mentioned plenty of reasons for that already so I won’t repeat them.

As for “special” consumables like spikeroot… well, put it this way, any single ability that enables any player to completely and permanently shut down other players without giving them a chance to react needs to be removed or nerfed badly.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Honestly these consumables are the least of my worries in WvW.

I suppose if you run as a roaming guild looking for 5vs5 matchups…they may be annoying.

But if you are playing WvW to win and not be useless, then I’m not too concerned about them.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I like these items they are a stunbreaker check. Didn’t come to WvW with any stunbreakers ready? Time to die!

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

I’m still fairly new to the game. I have only been playing for a little more then a month and really had no idea how effective consumables were until i started hearing about the exploits over the last few days… The more i play this game and the more i learn about it the worse this game get’s.

It’s like every bad idea Anet could possibly come up with they put into this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

I like these items they are a stunbreaker check. Didn’t come to WvW with any stunbreakers ready? Time to die!

Bullkitten, these items when spammed stun you more then once.

Last night I was getting spammed with it, had to use both stunbreakers, but they just keep reapplying it.
Steam was comming out of my ears, getting stunned for 30sec and being killed by some skillless player is not what I call fun.

All you idiots that say “Keep it” Obviously have not been on the receiving end of these items.

I consider it a game breaking exploit. It needs to go, yesterday.

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

zastari.1730

Bullkitten, these items when spammed stun you more then once.

Last night I was getting spammed with it, had to use both stunbreakers, but they just keep reapplying it.
Steam was comming out of my ears, getting stunned for 30sec and being killed by some skillless player is not what I call fun.

All you idiots that say “Keep it” Obviously have not been on the receiving end of these items.

I consider it a game breaking exploit. It needs to go, yesterday.

I ran into NNK spamming gears all night last night. Things I did that worked:

- Spam gears back at them (lol!)
- Stability
- Mesmer Sword 3 and Sword 2 their face in. People with consumables sure do get panicky when the damage and confusion set in!

Having full groups spamming gears is pretty stupid though! I think a 30s cooldown on these would be great.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

My problem was that at the time, I was not using a sword :@

The thing with the 30sec cooldown is that zergs can still abuse it, just have people throw it one after another. Same effect, only requires a little more coordination.

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Similar to the previously seen, now removed, Golems being thrown around, these items have an equally questionable but more nasty effect, perma stunning someone by spamming easily obtained consumables.

Are these intended for WvW use?

in WvW

zastari.1730

I think they should be removed because they have an unintended side effect of creating many duplicate posts that clutter up the WvW forum.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I think they must be intended for WvW use because somebody else posted about them requesting that they be removed and a mod closed the thread because it was “complaining”.

I guess I’ll have to go buy a few stacks myself.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Wow, awesome. I’m going to buy a ton of those and specifically use them for as long as I can against every Thief I can find. It’s payback time and I have stability! :P

ANet should have nerfed Stealth on thieves; now I’m going to nerf thieves myself by permastunning their kitten See how they like to die over and over from a cheap gimmick. And then I’ll tell them L2P!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

They don’t belong in WvW. But they add the most enjoyed use of said items in WvW. Also, a gold sink. Even though it is under a gold for a stack of them.

I love transforming into a hylek, popping a red hue, and dancing on top of an AoN corpse. Please don’t remove this.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

I think they must be intended for WvW use because somebody else posted about them requesting that they be removed and a mod closed the thread because it was “complaining”.

I guess I’ll have to go buy a few stacks myself.

-ken

It was my thread. Made to maybe get some attn to the issue. It is getting really badly abused in wvw. They have to know it is I would hope.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Wow, awesome. I’m going to buy a ton of those and specifically use them for as long as I can against every Thief I can find. It’s payback time and I have stability! :P

ANet should have nerfed Stealth on thieves; now I’m going to nerf thieves myself by permastunning their kitten See how they like to die over and over from a cheap gimmick. And then I’ll tell them L2P!

This is my plan as well. It’s about time we get something to balance WvWvW vs thieves.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Fully agree with OP, there’s some major consumable abuse recently. One I saw last night was doing perminant knock downs over and over. It wasn’t the gear one either.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

People are now actively searching for stuff like this untill anet gets a hold off it…Gears,spikefruit all that crap…just remove it already,getting abused like crazy,and no…its not fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

If you removed PVE from WVW then they would have to remove Ascended too, and you know that’s not going to happen.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I prefer some consumeables, as long as they are balanced to be in wvw. Its just flavor.

Yeah sure things like gearspam is obviously broken, so the item should be removed.

But I don’t think you should remove fireworks or transformation tonics and similar from wvw.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: The Finn.9573

The Finn.9573

The worst part is that the best way to get them fixed or banned from WvW is to abuse them.

The faster they become a major WvW breaking issue, the faster it’d get fixed.

The squeaky wheel (er.. gear) gets the grease.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yup my friend got permastunned tho his death 4 times in a row but then 2 mesmers came along with him and we used feedback on him. the funny thing was they got reflected and hit his own teammates. XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

selan.8354

If you removed PVE from WVW then they would have to remove Ascended too, and you know that’s not going to happen.

there is a huge difference between ascended and stuff like gear. gear is a weapon that shouldnt be used in wvw but using gear u have to do dailies for should be fine otherwise why should a wvw playef bother to do dailies anyways.the only reason we do it is for ascended gear.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

We should all start spamming gears in WvWvW so that they get removed quicker. Let’s make it fun and strip before spamming gears at each other.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

I’ve seen an increase in these items being used (against me) in T1 since this post started.

I don’t think food/oil use should be removed from WvW though I am undecided about the other consumables.

(edited by Goblin Beet Farmer.3045)

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Funny how there are people who complain about gold costs in wvw. They should be doing spvp instead. Open world pvp is supposed to cost and is supposed to be about capital. Besides, the costs are very small here in Guild Wars 2. Compare to say Eve online, and you’ll realise how hand-helding this game actually is.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

selan.8354

its funny how the severs that are perma stunning everyone to win a fight are defending it with a new thread. Maybe they havent been hit hard enough with those consumables.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

I would love to see any of these weapon consumables simply not work against players. A thread on our internal boards brought up the skale venom, but we only started using it when we saw the buff on our opponents. It has become a third consumable in wvw. Fine.

Gears…1 seconds stun on 5 players, no cd. Um, yeah. If we start seeing organized guilds use these, I’d likely quit wvw until its hotfixed rather than be forced to use such cheesy tactics to win.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.

in WvW

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

Please Anet, remove these stupid items, they are runing WvW for a lot of us.
Gear especially is destroying the game for me atm, usually 1v2 I have at least a chance of running away, when I run into people using this kitten Im dead as toast. This really needs to be removed.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nah. gears are great anti-zerg consumable. learn to use them……

also they are great gold-sink for A-Net….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

With regard to spikeroot. AFAIK it can’t be put in inventory can it? So 1 would have to pick it up in the Caledon forest then port to WvW and use it once.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I can use gears in wvw but i can’t use harpy pheromones? wtf a-net?

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Remove them from WvW.

As for adding a Global Cooldown, I vote no. The last thing I want to do is have my inventory open half the time using these items on cooldown. It’s tedious and annoying. There is also no UI functionality that adds ease of use to items in the inventory.

As for food buffs, I don’t see anything wrong with them. If you can’t afford the lv80 kind, get the lv65 kind. The difference is negligible, and normally less than 25% the cost. I’m actually building a lot of my chars with food buffs in mind now, as they can be used to cover weaknesses in builds.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Galrukh.6532

Naah gears suck…..
Sure I could use them but they are not fun, its not fun to beat someone by stunning them the entire fight and its not fun dying by being stunned an entire fight.
They are not unfair because everyone can buy them, they are just stupid and ruin the game.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Naah gears suck…..
Sure I could use them but they are not fun, its not fun to beat someone by stunning them the entire fight and its not fun dying by being stunned an entire fight.
They are not unfair because everyone can buy them, they are just stupid and ruin the game.

fun is a very subjective term indeed. stunning a zerg may not be your definition of fun but it is for some others……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Galrukh.6532

Naah gears suck…..

fun is a very subjective term indeed. stunning a zerg may not be your definition of fun but it is for some others……

It probably is, but I bet you they do not think its fun being stunned themselves for 30 sec straight and then die without any chance whatsoever.
Or if they do, well they are special people indeed.
If this doesnt get changed I can guarantee you that WvW will turn into a contest of who can start throwing gears first in every fight and that seems really stupid to me.

If they want to keep it in game, make it a 5 min cooldown on using the item (at least) and make it cost 5-10 silver.