Remove Edge of the Mists

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

EotM is WvW, its under the WvW tab henceforth fact EotM is WvW.

You do the same things you do in the borderlands on EotM, just more emphasis on capturing rather than engaging the enemy zerg. Matter of fact people that play EotM are better than people who play on borderlands, they are more likely to capture something over a borderland commander who usually wipes trying to capture something simple like a tower.

Guess I need to get my eyes checked. Because I can’t believe I read what I thought I read.

Did I?

BG

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

All that said, I honestly wouldn’t want EotM removed at this point. Then all those PvE heroes would probably try to jump to WvW and karma train that too, since it is remotely similar to the current best karma train.

Snip that down a bit.

I just find this post amusing giving he is tagged for TC one of the servers that had a strong PVE and RP community. What T1 does to people.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

All that said, I honestly wouldn’t want EotM removed at this point. Then all those PvE heroes would probably try to jump to WvW and karma train that too, since it is remotely similar to the current best karma train.

Snip that down a bit.

I just find this post amusing giving he is tagged for TC one of the servers that had a strong PVE and RP community. What T1 does to people.

I have no problem with PvErs, actually, in the sense that they’re welcome to come in and try real WvW whenever they want. I started out as a PvE-only player myself.

My point was, take away one karma train and people will look for the next best thing. Queensdale was nerfed, so people moved to Frostgorge, and then that got nerfed, so people moved to EotM for their champ training. Maybe there’s a PvE train somewhere that would be just as lucrative, but EotM is very similar to WvW, so it would suck if those champ trainers decided to flood WvW if their champ train was removed. That’s all I was saying.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I don’t go to EotM very often, but the very few times i been there the chat is full of trashtalk and i mean really horribly bad trashtalk. Racist talk, pedophile talk, people using language i would not repeat in a dark closet, people raging at other people in a way that is totally ridiculous. There simply is nothing good with this map just endless killing of pve champs whilst people get heavy insulted in the chat.
I don’t get why A-net let it go on like that without doing anything about it and just let this area throw a really dark shadow over the sk friendly community. EoTm is anything but friendly, it is brainless farming whilst being heavy insulted.

Last night my raidleader wanted to try something but our borders was empty of enemies, so we move to EotM. Did not take long until we got badly insulted and we did not in any way interfere with them, we rather wanted to be as far away from the champ train as possible. It’s sad really.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I don’t go to EotM very often, but the very few times i been there the chat is full of trashtalk and i mean really horribly bad trashtalk. Racist talk, pedophile talk, people using language i would not repeat in a dark closet, people raging at other people in a way that is totally ridiculous. There simply is nothing good with this map just endless killing of pve champs whilst people get heavy insulted in the chat.
I don’t get why A-net let it go on like that without doing anything about it and just let this area throw a really dark shadow over the sk friendly community. EoTm is anything but friendly, it is brainless farming whilst being heavy insulted.

Last night my raidleader wanted to try something but our borders was empty of enemies, so we move to EotM. Did not take long until we got badly insulted and we did not in any way interfere with them, we rather wanted to be as far away from the champ train as possible. It’s sad really.

You probably got insulted because your raidleader or someone from your guild tagged up. Borderland commanders are no where near as good as EotM commanders. Also, if your just trying to fight the enemy zerg that’s also a big no no. In WvW, you play to win, its all about PPT. EotM commanders know full well about wanting to win, that’s why they try to take the other worlds stuff faster than the other world takes there stuff that way they get good PPT.

EotM players are like excellent chess players, where they know if a world takes one of there stuff, in that time it takes for that world to take there stuff they can take 2 of theres, therefore have a better turnout, hence why you don’t see many pvp battles in WvW. Now bordlerlands, those guys just doing stupid stuff, they down points and they spend time risking fighting enemy zerg. If you fail, you just wasted time. Better to let a EotM commander run borderlands than a borderland commander because EotM commander knows how to take towers down fast unlike borderland commanders. EotM commanders are faced with a lot more challenges than borderland commander and on Jade Quarry you got the finest EotM commanders there are, extremely organized. Blackgate and Tarnished Coast may seem to be winning because the good commanders went EotM because its a lot tougher battlefield of WvW than borderlands, BG and TC should be thankful EotM is part of WvW because if it wasn’t, those two servers would be getting smoked all night long. Heck, we’d be camping there spawn, trebbing it hard and those 2 servers would quit playing and get the heck out of Tier 1 because we so kitten good to kitten with.

But yeah, you have to remember this game type is WvW, its about taking stuff faster than others and then hold it, the only people playing WvW wrong is the people on borderlands. If they just want to fight other people all night long, go tpvp. Start requesting open world PvP if you just want to gank people all night long too. Yall need to stop hating on EotM because its being played as WvW is intended to be played. Also, yes we have zerg battles but they don’t occur often but when they do, its freaking epic, more epic than borderland zerg battles. Takes more skills to be a successful EotM zerg than a borderland zerg because you have a lot of other factors to include, one of many factors is that knockback or fear off of cliff. Yall look at tpvp and its Skyhammer map, a lot of people hate it because they aint got no skills, that map allows skillful players to kill unskilled players faster which causes frustration but its all because they aint got no skills. Probably why borderland people whine about EotM, EotM takes a lot of skills to play on compared to borderlands.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: DriV.6203

DriV.6203

EotM players are like excellent chess players

oh really?! I really do think you are trolling but well, i will still respond to this.

Most of EotM players do not even understand what to do in EotM. Half of those sheeps in blob are repeatedly almost insta-killed by lord with 5min buff… Just face it! EotM players are just pve scrubs who turn around with keyboards keys and dodge with double clicks. They are not excellent chess players at all, LOL. As for EotM commanders. Well, most of those commanders are shipped straight from PvE champion train. I have never seen a nice push from EoTM commander. Hiding and fast capping while passively moving away from enemy zerg, yes i saw that alot.

And when those up level nubs get erased by some angry veterans or a guild, they can just switch EotM map to find another greener everflow with fast-paced strategy capping (ehm, karma train).

Drivi | Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandara
http://www.necroraiders.net/en/

(edited by DriV.6203)

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

EotM players are like excellent chess players

oh realy?! I realy do think you are trolling but well, i will still respond to this.

Most of EotM players do not even understand what to do in EotM. Half of those sheeps in blob are repeatedly almost insta-killed by lord with 5min buff… Just face it! EotM players are just pve scrubs who turn around with keyboards keys and dodge with double clicks. They are not excellent chess players at all, LOL. As for EotM commanders. Well, most of those commanders are shipped straight from PvE champion train. I have never seen a nice push from EoTM commander. Hiding and fast capping while passively moving away from enemy zerg, yes i saw that alot.

And when those up level nubs get erased by some angry veterans or a guild, they can just switch EotM map to find another greener everflow with fast-paced strategy capping (ehm, karma train).

You will find the occasional WvW commander in EoTM and they usually do really well in both fights and karma training. Sometimes I tag up in EoTM on my alt to level it up faster cause whoever was tagged up before only wanted fights or only was avoiding fights and trying to back cap. You need a nice mix of both to keep things interesting.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: DriV.6203

DriV.6203

You will find the occasional WvW commander in EoTM and they usually do really well in both fights and karma training. Sometimes I tag up in EoTM on my alt to level it up faster cause whoever was tagged up before only wanted fights or only was avoiding fights and trying to back cap. You need a nice mix of both to keep things interesting.

Really? Most commanders that i encountered in EotM only differed with tag colour.

Drivi | Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandara
http://www.necroraiders.net/en/

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Decrease badge and wxp and incrase xp. Let players to level fast and do a wvw demo.
And ofc give wvw players real reward

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Borderland commanders are no where near as good as EotM commanders.

I proposed this sentence for the contest of the most amusing “fact” mentioned on this forum 2014.

Question back: good in what? Running in circles? Slaying defenseless champions per time unit? Posting the way point to safe haven most early on a sighting of the enemy zerg?

How difficult is it to command if the only siege you need to know is a flame ram (and – very rarely – a catapult)? WvW commanders – no matter whether borderlands or EB – have to have a lot of various tactics in their tool set to be successful; on EoTM you run around until you wipe, then rinse and repeat. How on earth can that ever be superior?

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Our karma train already mastered catapult. Next we will train how to use trebs.

Attachments:

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Mistakes I see by both commanders and players in EotM

Commanders have this really bad habit of following the same path over and over for three hours. This makes it easy for a smart player or commander to set up an ambush.

A lot of commanders after getting wiped by one of the smarter commanders will still throw down rams and thus allow the players to attack the gate popping orange swords which gives away their position and sets them up for another surprise attack by a smart commander. A smart commander would use catas, at least 4 or 5, so the wall goes down fast AND you don’t pop orange swords until you are on the champion.

Most EotM players won’t clear defensive siege before dropping rams.

Most EotM players give up on FR keep after they find out there are defensive siege set up.

There are still a lot of players using knockback on champions which pushes the champion out of the highest DPS spot.

One common tactic I’ve started seeing in EotM is that when two zergs meet and there is no surprise, the first thing done is to drop open field arrow carts.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

No need to remove EotM from the game. Since the “problem” with the map is the endless farming going on there, and exchange of objectives without a fight, a simple and effective solution is to base the rewards from anything on the amount of already captured objectives. So the more objectives, the higher the rewards, so in order to get rewards, players must defend their objectives as well as attack new ones.

Simple, More coverage = more rewards