Remove EoTM or limit its use

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Didn’t read this thread in its entirety (eyes starting to hurt from writin’ two walls myself recently) but, I agree (actually one of my “walls” covers this).

EoTM is a DETRIMENT to WvW and needs to be completely REMOVED in my honest opinion!

Although, they could keep EoTM “maps” under one of my proposed “fixes” (also another wall in my thread)… … … That would make the EoTM map an actual part of actual WvW :O

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Well since experience cannot be gained in WvW, I guess EotM will be a dead map unless there are queues.

No. We don’t get exp anymore BUT now we get one tome for every WvW rank! In other words, people who used to level alts in EotM can grind levels for them on their mains. I only played for about an hour but I got 8 Tomes total including the ones from daily keep and reward track. Today’s patch was a great improvement for EotM, actually. Mains grinding tomes for alts means less uplevels in EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Well since experience cannot be gained in WvW, I guess EotM will be a dead map unless there are queues.

No. We don’t get exp anymore BUT now we get one tome for every WvW rank! In other words, people who used to level alts in EotM can grind levels for them on their mains. I only played for about an hour but I got 8 Tomes total including the ones from daily keep and reward track. Today’s patch was a great improvement for EotM, actually. Mains grinding tomes for alts means less uplevels in EotM.

Yah! Even less incentive to play WvW!

See you there on the maps, gonna log in my Necro and see how much damage I can do.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

EOTm was a waiting area to get into WvW.

The idea was always to get the players on the WvW maps so they can play WvW.

Some players didn’t like the fact they were having to follow commanders, they didn’t like using ts, they didn’t like fighting for one server, they didn’t like being in guilds, some thought WvW wasn’t rewarding enough for ranks.

They turned to EOTM and gave it another focus as Rankfarm area, thats when the population on the borderlands and in EBG on the different servers started going down.

Well WvW has been reworked, it allows you do the things you did in EOTM without any stress. So come back to WvW.

In my humble opinion there is no need for reward-tracks in EOTM they should never be applied and EOTM should disappear as an instance its just taking up space and keeping players away from where they should be on the WvW borderlands.

Maybe the EoTM map can be reworked and offered into a working Borderland map for a map-rotation for the borderlands.

The discussion about Actual WvW and not real WvW is bullkitten. its an excuse.

There has always been just 1 WvW and not multiple ersions and Edge of the mist was part of that as a waiting area, never meant to be permanently used. Seeing it has no use anymore remove it.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

EOTm was a waiting area to get into WvW.

The idea was always to get the players on the WvW maps so they can play WvW.

Some players didn’t like the fact they were having to follow commanders, they didn’t like using ts, they didn’t like fighting for one server, they didn’t like being in guilds, some thought WvW wasn’t rewarding enough for ranks.

They turned to EOTM and gave it another focus as Rankfarm area, thats when the population on the borderlands and in EBG on the different servers started going down.

Well WvW has been reworked, it allows you do the things you did in EOTM without any stress. So come back to WvW.

In my humble opinion there is no need for reward-tracks in EOTM they should never be applied and EOTM should disappear as an instance its just taking up space and keeping players away from where they should be on the WvW borderlands.

Maybe the EoTM map can be reworked and offered into a working Borderland map for a map-rotation for the borderlands.

The discussion about Actual WvW and not real WvW is bullkitten. its an excuse.

There has always been just 1 WvW and not multiple versions and Edge of the mist was part of that as a waiting area, never meant to be permanently used. Seeing it has no use anymore remove it.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

in WvW

Posted by: jemort.2083

jemort.2083

This is a game. It is to entertain. Some people like EotM. Some like PvE, WvW or PvP. Play what YOU like and leave others to have their fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

It’s very simple:

• I like to go into TS, then I go into WvW
  • I don’t like to be in TS, then I go EotM

In any case, its now less than 2h a week (WvW+EotM), while it was 20+ hours a week 3 years ago, so yes, 95% of me are gone for WvW

The only thing that could bring me back is a competition, that can be taken serious, not this 24/7 PvD-nonsense with open teams allowing troll/spy-accounts on every team.

But I don’t see any steps in that direction nor do I believe anylonger that ANet will ever do them.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

I don’t get it.
EoTM is completly different from WvW.
It is used differently by the people who use it.
Why should you take it away from people who like it (or want to grind tomes?).
WvW for me is not something you can force on somebody else by taking away content they maybe? rather do…

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I don’t get it.

If EotM is completely different from WvW, then it should NOT have any WvW rewards either. I don’t care what sort of rewards it would give, but WvW rewards should stay only in WvW. If you want them, play WvW. If you want to play in EotM, you can do it but not gain any WvW rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

should prob wait a couple weeks after the new wvw updates until you start firing up the bulldozer for eotm.

if anything were to be done, it would be best imo if they found more ways to integrate eotm into wvw. for example, the supply drop from eotm you find in wvw spawn.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Let it go peeps, eotm and the rewards are here to stay. Go beat up pixels in wvw and enjoy the update.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I don’t get it.

If EotM is completely different from WvW, then it should NOT have any WvW rewards either. I don’t care what sort of rewards it would give, but WvW rewards should stay only in WvW. If you want them, play WvW. If you want to play in EotM, you can do it but not gain any WvW rewards.

Lol, different rewards in EotM than WEXp and BoH would be cool, after rank 1500+ and 30k BoHs in my wallet, something else would be great But I don’t think you do WvW a favour if all people with much to many WEXp and BoH can do PvP for different rewards in EotM

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Nobody is pointing a gun to your head to play EotM .If You don’t like it don’t abuse yourself by going there.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

• “Experience will no longer be awarded in WvW.
    Tomes of Knowledge have been added to the Chests of the Mists awarded for ranking up in WvW and exist in the new WvW reward tracks.”

This is quite interesting, so a benefit from WvW + EOTM been removed regarding XP gain but has been replaced by incentive to “grind” out these reward tracks for tombs?

At least if there are any fights in EOTM it would leave out any rally bait up levels. And yes, there are pretty large fights that take place in Edge.

I can see this being a good thing for those that want to play their “main” but at the same time level an alt in forms of gathering tombs via rank up.