Remove "Outmanned"

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Proposal to remove the “Outmanned” buff.

Since the changes to armor repair to being free it lost its little purpose it ever has had. I am proposing this because it now just serves as nothing but to demoralize. There is no worst feeling than coming into a map and seeing “Outnumbered!”.

For what it’s worth, it’s entirely useless and should just be removed.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

It’s not useless. It let’s low-population servers know when an enemy zerg has arrived on the map and what kind of attacks to prepare for.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

It’s not useless. It let’s low-population servers know when an enemy zerg has arrived on the map and what kind of attacks to prepare for.

That’s why it should be removed.

Gandara

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Nydo.3406

Nydo.3406

No, that is why it is useful. Let’s not forget the other things that outnumbered brings to kills.

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

because the biggest zerg on the map totally needs another advantage

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

because the biggest zerg on the map totally needs another advantage

They would say they do. “In real life the biggest armies win, so why shouldn’t that be the case here?”

Hark! Here they come now!

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I don’t get why it would be removed, though it does need a major rework due to the removal of armor repair costs

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

if anet remove the outnumbered buff , they should think how to make more balanced the matchups .

some players in the past suggested all home borders have a escalation depending the number of players that are playing in their home server. .

this feature will block the blob zoning at nights and outnumber servers will perform better the nights /early morning .

if anet add this feature , i am in to removed the outnumbered buff , else better do not touch it until they found a way to bring people all the time to wvw maps.

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Gensokyo.1528

Gensokyo.1528

It’s actually a useful tool when map jumping late at night and roaming with a small group trying to ninja stuff to let you know when the enemy servers map jump blob has ported into the border to come kill you or whether a enemy servers blob is already in the map when u arrive

Piken | [Ash] | Epi The Lad
best Druid EU and South Sudan

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I like the outmanned buff. It lets low pop servers know when to do an all call and gives them an attempt to better organize themselves.

Teh Ouchies

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

Hmm, well at least we are not still talking about dancing with glicko …

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Lol why remove it, sure they need to make it more viable but remove ? No. Currently the smaller servers use this to see where they are … gasp …. Outmanned, this allows them to react accordingly which in many cases is futile anyways when facing much larger forces. Why would anyone want to give the larger forced MORE of an advantage, mind boggling that some people just can’t grasp this.

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

I’d love it to be expanded upon actually. I’d like overmanned armies to get a “Overmanned” debuff, where you no longer get a downed state.

You should still be able to win since you outnumber the other side, unless of course you are a terrible zerg, and the other, smaller opponent groups are more organized and skillful.

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Right petition to name it “Precursor Farm Buff”

Oh wait…Never mind RNG hates me.

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’d love it to be expanded upon actually. I’d like overmanned armies to get a “Overmanned” debuff, where you no longer get a downed state.

You should still be able to win since you outnumber the other side, unless of course you are a terrible zerg, and the other, smaller opponent groups are more organized and skillful.

That would be interesting. We know they can remove it (due to the upcoming “feature” patch newbie leveling changes), so it could be done. Don’t think it would be that helpful for the outmanned server, since they probably wouldn’t have enough numbers to down any of the enemy zerg/blob.

Outmanned needs to just be changed, not removed. They should have done something to compensate for the removal of repair costs. We know they’re against stat increases, but there has to be something else that can be done to replace the repair costs.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In T2, lag spikes are what key us off to an immanent attack. Server response slows down time to defend.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

They should add a point per stomp/kill if outnumbered. It doesn’t affect the fight much but at least the outnumbered team can get some points defending before everything gets flipped.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Outmanned is just a warning sign, nothing more

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Remove "Outmanned"

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

That would be interesting. We know they can remove it (due to the upcoming “feature” patch newbie leveling changes), so it could be done. Don’t think it would be that helpful for the outmanned server, since they probably wouldn’t have enough numbers to down any of the enemy zerg/blob.

Oh it would really change the scenario at least on the most of the lower tiers, where you have one mindless blob taking the other servers stuff.

Most of time they die like a EotM K-train under a single superior AC. Without downed state it would make so much easier to stop their attacks that I’m sure the scores would be a bit more balanced.

They should add a point per stomp/kill if outnumbered. It doesn’t affect the fight much but at least the outnumbered team can get some points defending before everything gets flipped.

I don’t know… This would lead to the elitist groups complaining you joined their outmanned map and they lost their buff which was making them give points to the server by killing people. The idea is good but you know how some people are….

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing