Remove PVE armor stats from WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Juular.4729

Juular.4729

Make it like PvP, you can keep your look.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

NO WAY…..the stupid amulet system in PVP that treats players like low IQ kids is what makes PvP so boring and stale.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Remix.2086

Remix.2086

Had to login and tell you awful your idea is. And to delete it before it gives ANet a bad idea. WvW would lose 80% of its player base if they did this.

Go play pvp if you like those terrible amulets. While you do that I’ll be playing my perfectly min/maxed builds only achieveable through PvE stats.

The last time this was brought up was when ascended armor was implemented and kids who, for some reason, couldn’t make enough gold in wvw to craft them were crying about the 3% difference.

[MR] Mist Raiders
Sucks to Suck

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

this is the worst idea.

this would kill WvW faster than the other terrible idea of combining all servers.

This WvW forum should require a minimum 100 WvW rank before allowing accounts to post on it with stuff nobody wants, and a minimum rank of 300 before they can start a new thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Wvw is the open ish pvp game type spvp is the more balanced pvp type. Making wvw into spvp would simply take away from chose of how to play gw2. Maybe you should be asking for bigger spvp fight and maps to play on.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Sure, take all the build diversity from WvW. /sarcasm

Im sorry, however this topic has been made several times and the general WvW community shuts it down every time, and with good reason. I fyou want an amulet type environment, PvP has what you are looking for. If your end game is to have ammy’s in a PvP environment with a bigger map, make a thread about wanting bigger PvP maps.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

No. Keep PvE stats in WvW.

If you want to better balance stats, I’d suggest scaling all gear stats to exotic level. For example, my Rare gear and Ascended gear would have the same stats while in WvW. However, there would still be some disparity. Ascended armor can equip superior runes and infusions, while rare armor can only equip major runes. This might help to counteract some powercreep, and give WvW players the opportunity to try out more stat combinations at a reasonable price.

Otherwise, keep things the way they are.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Mysteriax.6049)

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

No, just delete trailblazers.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

How about separate PvE stats from WvW? Make a boring old ugly base WvW only armor that you can only change the stats of in WvW (like legendary) and allow players to skin it like they currently can. If you leave WvW with this armor it becomes stat-less. That way WvW gets the flexibility of stat changing and major build diversity but keeps the Legendary armor entitlement at bay. Since most people with Legendary armor probably play PvE anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

…no

Why do some of you think that gear will fix the problems with professions designs?

All things profession related are the weakest designs this game offers, and no amount of gear changes will improve things. The devs have to dig back in and do some major work, not band aid gear fixes.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

…no

Why do some of you think that gear will fix the problems with professions designs?

All things profession related are the weakest designs this game offers, and no amount of gear changes will improve things. The devs have to dig back in and do some major work, not band aid gear fixes.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Juular.4729

I know i would get this reaction, but think about everyone on the same level of stats plus will help new players coming to the game mode, i guess Mike O’Brien was correct wvw players really love pve more.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

I know i would get this reaction, but think about everyone on the same level of stats plus will help new players coming to the game mode, i guess Mike O’Brien was correct wvw players really love pve more.

You’re funny

If we can keep the current system but get free interchangeable stats on every set so I don’t have to farm PVE, I’m all for it.

But if you’re talking about making it like pvp with a single amulet, and complete single set of runes, with absolutely no mixing of stats…… It’s just boring

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

No, just delete trailblazers.

I’d say dire was worse, given it has increased condition damage and vitality over trailblazers, unless said foe doesn’t know how to cleanse.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Definitely would not help anybody really. Not in WvW anyway. WvW is NOT PvE and the stats are not PvE. We make our builds specific to WvW and in no way do we need some ridiculous amulet system to take away our options.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Juular.4729

To have balance you must have a solid balanced base foundation, wvw has become boring, he who has the most condi necros wins, amazing build diversity, Amulet would fix wvw for the good, sometimes you need to think outside the box, i hope anet will just test it before hand, if it sucks it sucks.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Amulets are just a bandaid fix for the balance team being bad at their jobs.

in WvW

Juular.4729

Then lets make it easy for them come on you know it makes sense , you’ll still have your shiny look just more balanced stats, cough necros.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I’d prefer for them to work harder. If we lower our expectations for them, we’ll just get lower quality balance with less build diversity.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

To have balance you must have a solid balanced base foundation, wvw has become boring, he who has the most condi necros wins, amazing build diversity, Amulet would fix wvw for the good, sometimes you need to think outside the box, i hope anet will just test it before hand, if it sucks it sucks.

The amulet is “the box”. Totally inside the box on that one. Canned setup. Condi necros, mesmers, rangers, and so on… they are all killable. Build it right, play it right, they die just like anyone else.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

OP didn’t ask for the amulet system….. All he asked for was to remove PvE stats from WvW. That in no way means you have to go to the amulet system. Most of these comments aren’t even relevant to what was proposed.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

OP didn’t ask for the amulet system….. All he asked for was to remove PvE stats from WvW. That in no way means you have to go to the amulet system. Most of these comments aren’t even relevant to what was proposed.

When did PvP get another system? I must be out of the loop

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

An interesting idea. But how will it work? Most of us worked hard to craft our maxed out builds.

And if we work on wvw only gear, how will we fair in pve?

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: dnkr.5207

dnkr.5207

This is something I wanted for a long time. With an amulett system people would be forced to make proper decisions and it would remove the extremely tanky/condiheavy playstyle that is in fashion atm. Players would need to choose damage output over sustain, support capability over damage output etc etc. Celestial gear in wvw atm really has no downsides. Balance patches every 3 months and the ability to change build at will would be an interesting theorycraft-exercise.

Just to be clear im not advocating that the current amulets available in pvp should be implemented in wvw without modifications. The amulets need to be tailored to fit the game-mode. But in general this is a good solid idea to make wvw more about class and combat mechanics over gear and stat combos.

in WvW

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

i… actually think that this is a great idea. And even heard other people talking about such a think in similar ways. Here is why (prepare for a wall of text :P):

Lets forget the moment that most wvw players also spend time in pvp and/or pve as well. So we just focus on the wvw aspect. With the improved reward system it makes it easier for players to get their hands on ascended gearing, Tho, it still lacks a structure of obtaining certain criteria (pve has just much easier access to it). Sure you can farm your way out to get ascended gear. But then you need to be versatile. And your gear/build may not work at that given time. For example one week you’re up against a server/group/players that are heavily condition based, while other time you might be up against players that play in a different style and use other tactics. So you want to adjust your build. or change your stats on the fly.

So your solution would be to get legendary gear then right? Theoretically, yes. But then you’re forcing players to do a game mode they may not like. Think about armor which you need to do raids for. Weapons is mostly pve stuff. And now trinket(s) which seems to be basically revisiting all the lws3 stuff. So with other words you need to do a different game to obtain legendary gear so you can be more effective in wvw …how does that make sense?

Another solution would be to add legendary gear to wvw. So they can obtain it by just (/mostly) playing wvw. But i think giving wvw the same gear/build structure as pvp would be much easier. Cause the system is basically already there. They just would have to implement it to wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Ikr? I hate that someone has to actually think about how to counter both condi and the meta. People should just be given easy ways to do things. Thinking is for smart people.

Yeah…. let’s just do easy mode.

/sarcasm off

in WvW

Posted by: Lazeris.1725

Lazeris.1725

One of the best parts about this game when compared to other MMO’s

Your gear hasn’t really improved since the launch of the game. Yes ascended gear is an upgrade but it is not nearly as drastic of a stat increase as a typical upgrade would be in other MMO’s.

So…..If your argument for the sPVP stat system to be implemented in WvW, is that it will be easier to gear I would caution you that it is already dramatically easier to gear in GW2 than most other games in this genre and sliding too much further down that slope may result in you simply not being satisfied with the since of progression you expect from an RPG character.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

My pov I interpret OP’s post as “literally the PvP system” where it’s basically amulet + traits, weapons…

• Do I get a refund for my many sets of WvW infusions that costed me many laurels to obtain?
  • Do I get a refund of thousands of gold, mats etc for crafting my maxed out gear for WvW?
  • Do I even get a build template when I switch to this system in WvW?

Like how would this fix anything? Then people will complain about “X amulet is too OP, NERF IT!” People will still run the same, monotonous OP meta builds as is now.

I think what needs to happen is a sharp examination of traits and make the next x-pac elite specs + core specs relevant for WvW gameplay be it zerging, roaming, GvG, small-scale havoc, scouting, 1v1 etc. I remember reading a decent thread that suggested secondary roles or something as an additonal feature in WvW. Like being an assaulter gave you X kit/skill/benefit against X in combat or whatever. I believe more in freedom of choice than being constrained to what PvP’s system is built upon.

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

no please.

We need some stats sets to be changed so there is no more condition tank, and to get some kind of bunker stat to mitigate condition damage and duration.

still i dislike the amulet system as boring.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Juular.4729

My pov I interpret OP’s post as “literally the PvP system” where it’s basically amulet + traits, weapons…

• Do I get a refund for my many sets of WvW infusions that costed me many laurels to obtain?
  • Do I get a refund of thousands of gold, mats etc for crafting my maxed out gear for WvW?
  • Do I even get a build template when I switch to this system in WvW?

Like how would this fix anything? Then people will complain about “X amulet is too OP, NERF IT!” People will still run the same, monotonous OP meta builds as is now.

I think what needs to happen is a sharp examination of traits and make the next x-pac elite specs + core specs relevant for WvW gameplay be it zerging, roaming, GvG, small-scale havoc, scouting, 1v1 etc. I remember reading a decent thread that suggested secondary roles or something as an additonal feature in WvW. Like being an assaulter gave you X kit/skill/benefit against X in combat or whatever. I believe more in freedom of choice than being constrained to what PvP’s system is built upon.

Your points are very vaild, that goes for me to, the gold refund for laurels for you to buy amulets and runes and sigils with badgers , zero food in the new wvw, and yes we can get legend weapons great idea, all gear can still be used in pve, this would open up new tactics in wvw, really all i want is fights and more fights on a even footing, it would really come down to skill based instead of stat based, we really need to test it before we really make up our minds could be amazing or really bad, imo this would help the devs balance only two modes to balance less work load more balance updats win win.

(edited by Juular.4729)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If you look at the title, its clear that when he said make it like PvP he means to not allow PvE stats, becauses that’s exactly what this thread is about.

You guys all assumed he wanted the amulet system when he made 0 indication of that.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

If you look at the title, its clear that when he said make it like PvP he means to not allow PvE stats, becauses that’s exactly what this thread is about.

You guys all assumed he wanted the amulet system when he made 0 indication of that.

So, create what amounts to a third system. I wouldn’t be opposed to that, as long as it allows for my current armor sets. Change traits, change skills, but leave the armor alone. I want the build diversity. I want to theory craft.

I don’t want ‘simple’. I want it to be hard, so when I out think a fast button pusher, I can still win. There is as much skill in theory crafting a counter build, as there is in pressing buttons faster.

in WvW

Juular.4729

Yes a amulet system.

in WvW

Juular.4729

Yes a amulet system, or amulets in each gear part so u can mix match your build, but i think a amulet system is better for balancing.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yes a amulet system, or amulets in each gear part so u can mix match your build, but i think a amulet system is better for balancing.

Anet haven’t balanced their game for 2 years – what makes you think that with amulets in wvw that would happen? And hey, the next expansion is up and things will only get worse.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Okay so, heres the deal. There are amulets and limited things in PvP because certain stat types and combos would make it impossible for 5 v 5 confrontations, mostly unkillable, to fast of killing combinations.

I think some people think that PvP is boring and does not thrive because of these limitations, when in actuallity it is much more balanced than WvW. Any experienced PvPer knows, though we wish we could customize and use certain stat sets that allowing that would severely affect things and in alot of respects destroy PvP. To be competitive PvP must be limited not just in gear but in skills.

Let us take the example of Celestial, when it was allowed in PvP yes, yes it was glorious, however it soon became the go to standard and just about every class except necro started running it. (Now adays its glorious for necro in WvW but only due to certain things)

As someone who has played both game modes for along period of time (years) I can safely say that alot of the complaints about condi damage, stability issues ect that come up in WvW are mainly because large groups of people can run builds you can’t run in PvP.

It’s all good though, I am not propositioning any change for WvW as the Dev’s have clearly stated WvW will never be Fair. Which is fine thats part of the fun right? The unfair buidls people sometimes get to run that surprise you and have you down, or you get to run. (Not that PvP is necessarily fair its just a bit more controlled.)

So really WvW has more crutches and aids to the new player and the less experienced then PvP and in fact allows for more room for creativity. While I hate having to build suits from scratch. I would never take that freedom away from us WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I think some people think that PvP is boring and does not thrive because of these limitations, when in actuallity it is much more balanced than WvW. Any experienced PvPer knows, though we wish we could customize and use certain stat sets that allowing that would severely affect things and in alot of respects destroy PvP. To be competitive PvP must be limited not just in gear but in skills.

It is more balance because anet messed up when they removed the stats from the traitlines – that only affected WvW/PvE. And in PvE it doesn’t matter.
Also the pvp guys tried to balance your game mode wheras pve/wvw got almost no balance for now 2 years.
Before that the game was pretty much balanced, no matter whether you played PvE, WvW or PvP.
I hope I made my point clear. PvP isn’t more balanced because of the amulets, it’s because it has got different traits/stats/damage calculation because it is a separate game mode since june 2015 and the gap has been made bigger. ‘Pvp only’ is the new balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

More stat/build diversity would be better in wvw. Also, we don’t call them “PvE” stats in wvw because they are only what we have.

I second the suggestion that wvw should only have exo gear because then all would be equal and we could afford to use more builds.

Player with ascended gear with infusions is strong compared to the same with exo gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Exotic gear give advantage because it’s so cheap make gear for newest and most op FotM build.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Single stat amulet setup in pvp is the most brain dead thing in the game and ANET cant even balance that. Ive asked in the pvp forum multiple times for them to give us 3 areas where we can select stats.

1. Weapons
2. Armor
3. Trinkets/Accessories

This way we can have a more diverse set of stats than the current low IQ amulet system.

eg (just an example)

1. Weapons – Zerker
2. Armor – Marauder
3. Trinkets – Cavalier

But i still think the current system in WvW makes for more interesting possibilities and honestly why would anyone want to make it simpler? Come on guys how dumb are these players if they only want to make one amulet choice?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Juular.4729

I keep seeing build diversity in wvw as a counter to this debate, what wvw are u guys playing?, run condis or guard bunker or go home, really, trust me Spartacus you do not want wvw builds in pvp.

(edited by Juular.4729)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I keep seeing build diversity in wvw as a counter to this debate, what wvw are u guys playing?, run condis or guard bunker or go home, really.

Then I would counter if that is the only way you are playing, then you are likely getting stomped.

Builds allow you to counter those same things. If you can’t build to counter it, then I would suggest you get with someone who can help you theory craft to fight it. Or remain an easy target for those of us who DO theory craft.

Every build has an effective counter. Maybe not 1v1, but WvW isn’t made for that anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: dnkr.5207

dnkr.5207

This build diversity people talk about… everyone is (or at least should) run celestial stats on the classes that are actually useful in medium to largescale combat. Great! Celestial offers more stats than any other armor (almost 30% more). No downsides, just low risk easy to play builds that stand in the way of interesting gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

This build diversity people talk about… everyone is (or at least should) run celestial stats on the classes that are actually useful in medium to largescale combat. Great! Celestial offers more stats than any other armor (almost 30% more). No downsides, just low risk easy to play builds that stand in the way of interesting gameplay.

What would be interesting about adopting the pvp system? Less build diversity?

To the OP, a firm NO.

I like my build diversity. My builds depends on their unique stat combos and skills and foods. I don’t want to be another mindless drone ‘insert amulet A here’ type.

Not met many that use celestial in wvw in medium to large scale combat..as those ‘extra stats’ you speak of aren’t actually all that useful compared to pushing up the stats you really want- unless you have to choose an amulet, then it becomes a simple ‘yes’.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

People pretend as if gear stats will close the disparity in builds and player skill level.

The only gear disparity that should be relevant is exotic vs ascended for power builds. Sadly it’s a Condi fest which makes gear stat irrelevant. Of course there is also rares vs ascended because people are apparently too poor at the game to get exotics.

There are exotic vendors in wvw and there are also now ascended vendors in wvw who hand out HoT stats for breathing.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

How can you even mention stats balance when you have ?
1 . claiming objective aura ?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Objective_Aura_VIII
2. dragon /centaur/ turtle banners
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bomb_Shell – skills that can hit even 100 players ( considering a 3 way fight )
3. food buffs that are " pve"
4. all boosters working inside wvw https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Booster

So basicaly you can have +250 stat points from sigils , 200 to every stat from claiming buffs , food buffs that can increase 1 stat by up to 300 , and banners, and you want stat balance by amulets?
are you drunk mate?

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

be careful what u wish for.

All this crying for condition nerf, will end in the same novel as HoT: stats gear to contain conditions, will only be accessible in the next expansion and grind farm behind new maps.

in WvW

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

pretty much what everyone else has been saying, I play wvw instead of pvp because I love the fact that you can customize your stats a ton more than just a single amulet,

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Here is some constructive criticism for ya:

Buzz Off.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

So OP, this just shows how out of touch you really are, at least for NA. The most dangerous groups in the game right now don’t bother with necros at all. Boonshare has come full swing. GREM ftw.

CCCP….