Remove WvW from world completion?

in WvW

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

I mean come on. It’s not even technically IN the world. I’ve done world completion twice, but WvW is what stops me from going for it anymore. It’s far too troublesome, and I know I’m not the only one that ends up waiting weeks for their servers to rotate, and even then it’s a nightmare.

Why not remove WvW and add in Southsun Cove, Dry Top, and Silverwastes? It just seems silly that some privately instanced pvp battleground is counted, but three legitimate zones that ACTUALLY exist in the world on the map don’t even count just because they were added in later.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

In b4 all the why do WVWers have to complete pve zones. The best solution I have seen and fair to everyone…..

1 gift for pve zone completion per char.
1 gift for wvw completion per char.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

These threads about removing wvw from world completion are like T2 zergs in T3 – never ending and multiplying!

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

These threads about removing wvw from world completion are like T2 zergs in T3 – never ending and multiplying!

Well it’s the logical thing to do. Want to keep everyone happy? Add more categories. World Completion. World Versus World Completion. Maguuma Completion (in HoT). That way everyone can win, and a gift can be obtained from each. I don’t care about the gift. I’m just obsessive about it being 100% finished on every character I make, which is why I stopped making new characters until they remove WvW. No need to mix PVE and PVP like that for people that dislike one or the other.

in WvW

Posted by: Ardanis.8745

Ardanis.8745

I was going to create this kind of a topic myself, but Solirus was faster, and probably many ppl before him too.

To the point: My home server is Blacktide, and all I can say about its WvW players is that… there are about max 70 ppl playing WvW in the same time VS at least 150 ppl from any other server. I would rely like to get that 100% but I just cant, its not possible if i stay in Blacktide, so the world completion for me = pay for transfer. 1800 gems is quite allot for me, and if I’m not mistaking that’s almost the value of a new game…

Tried many times to ask commanders to charge the points I needed, and guess what…? Once when I was close zerg wave washed us from the face of battleground in an instant, didn’t knew what hit us (actually we knew, but you get my point).

This game should be fun, but instead its becoming more and more frustrating for someone in my situation, and as we can see there are many more players with the same problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

I mean come on. It’s not even technically IN the world. I’ve done world completion twice, but WvW is what stops me from going for it anymore. It’s far too troublesome, and I know I’m not the only one that ends up waiting weeks for their servers to rotate, and even then it’s a nightmare.

Why not remove WvW and add in Southsun Cove, Dry Top, and Silverwastes? It just seems silly that some privately instanced pvp battleground is counted, but three legitimate zones that ACTUALLY exist in the world on the map don’t even count just because they were added in later.

most that play wvw feel the same way about the 98% of the pve world needed for map completion.

we’d be in favor of removing that portion of the game completely and make completing the map completion that much easier.

gotta be a little give and take. at least yours is a little less than the currently open area of tyria

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Done map completion on a single character, just to have done it. Nowadays I find WvW map completion easier than the PvE part, mostly because I don’t fall asleep in WvW >_<

And repeating myself, but we really need a sticky for map completion...

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Getting WvW map completion isn’t very difficult. You only claim it is because your not familiar with it. yet I didn’t see you asking for WvW players to be relieved of the burden of dealing with the much larger PvE map completion. Why are you demanding changing something for your personal convenience and not another’s? Why would you truly care about map completion unless you needed it for your legendary? I would be okay with the idea as a whole, if they would also remove the cool particle effects and foot falls that come with a legendary. It would be fun to see that, and know who was not legendary enough to earn a legendary. They could be called Unique weapons of above average mediocrity? UWAAM’s sound good?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

But wvw map comp is easiest and most fun part. You need some serious drugs if you plan to do PvE map comp.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

really, removing WvW from World Completion isn’t a bad idea. but at the same time they should also remove the requirement to do PvE dungeons to get the best gear.

if PvE players can get the best gear without setting foot in WvW, then of course WvW players should be able to get the best gear without ever leaving WvW.

fair is fair.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

really, removing WvW from World Completion isn’t a bad idea. but at the same time they should also remove the requirement to do PvE dungeons to get the best gear.

if PvE players can get the best gear without setting foot in WvW, then of course WvW players should be able to get the best gear without ever leaving WvW.

fair is fair.

-ken

To add to that sentiments, it’s not just PvE players. PvPers have access to dungeon loot too through reward tracks, leaving WvW as the odd one out.

in WvW

Posted by: Hero.3527

Hero.3527

I currently have 6 characters with map completion, and all 8 of my characters have wvw done. It really is not that difficult ( i never wvw). My server is BP, and i dont remember a time when we had 70 ppl in one place, its usually more like 3. Just try to go to wvw during a dead hour or just b patient and you will get it.

It would be unfair to change this requirement seeing kitten many people have had to deal with this their first time getting map completion. Just be patient and check your wvw borderlands often and eventually you get it completed.

in WvW

Posted by: Hero.3527

Hero.3527

Also, get guildies to help you out and, and if u plan on getting map completion on more then one character while your idk blue, get on all your characters and go through all the blue spots while you are that color, i did this on lvl 20’s and even a lvl 3 engi.

Hope this helps a bit, just be patient and persistent.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Standard reply:

-Nothing forcing you to do it, its a required task for completion and legendary, dont want to do it, dont do it

-Buy legendary on tp if your so opposed to any wvw

-Its not so bad as the qq’ers make it seem, done all 4 maps on 10 toons

-If you remove wvw mapping, please remove pve zones, or dungeons because I hate them, from the legendary process.

ty gl hf kthx bb

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

X T D.6458

fair is fair.

-ken

To add to that sentiments, it’s not just PvE players. PvPers have access to dungeon loot too through reward tracks, leaving WvW as the odd one out.

They still have to unlock the dungeon tracks by doing storymode which many just hate doing

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

fair is fair.

-ken

They still have to unlock the dungeon tracks by doing storymode which many just hate doing

Nope, for those that haven’t done story mode the dungeon tracks come up in a 2 week rotation for you to complete

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

I’m going to post the best response I ever read to this neverending “issue” that keeps getting new threads made for it:

If Anet makes a change like this just so PvE players can get a specific weapon skin easier, then they’re going to need to fix a lot of PvE events as well. For instance, I’d really like to have some of the Tequatl ascended weapon skins, but Tequatl doesn’t get defeated that often, and is usually only defeated during certain times of the day, by organized guilds who completely fill up their map well BEFORE the event becomes available to start. And a single player, of course has NO CHANCE of defeating Tequatl. Even a small, organized group can’t do it, anymore than you and a few friends can take a defended Keep or Stonemist Castle; in fact, far more people have soloed Keeps than Tequatl, as I’ve NEVER seen a video of someone soloing Tequatl, or even any claim of it having been attempted. So my job basically makes it too difficult for me to finish Tequatl at all, let alone enough times to have a decent chance at finally getting one of those rare weapon drops. And those aren’t even Legendary, they’re just Ascended! So maybe Anet could give me the same chance of getting a Tequatl weapon skin every time I kill a Keep Lord as I would if I were defeating Tequatl, since my schedule doesn’t seem to prevent me from killing Keep Lords several times a week. This is just one of many PvE events that I don’t have time for, as a well-compensated professional. But I should still have access to the same weapon skins as everyone else, even if I never complete the events!!! Hurry up Anet and fix this game to better fit my schedule!!!

EDIT – original thread here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Your-random-generator-for-WvW-is-broken/first#post4793815

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Rimmy.9217)

in WvW

X T D.6458

fair is fair.

-ken

Nope, for those that haven’t done story mode the dungeon tracks come up in a 2 week rotation for you to complete

Thats one dungeon at a time and its set so you cant choose unless you unlock the tracks through storymode, some stat combos can only be acquired through certain dungeons for example zerk from arah, coe, cof

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

fair is fair.

-ken

Regardless though, it’s still giving a form of unlimited access after you do what’s required to unlock said track. You can then play PvP purely and not have to leave your preferred game mode if all you want is dungeon rewards or gear that’s from new living story content. For WvW it does not have this option. It’s either go to the other two game modes or deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I think the feeling is mutual. PvPers don’t want PvE players filling up the borderlands, especially during reset nights and weekends. PvE players in WvW directly affects those that want to do PvP because of queues. Where as PvP players in PvE zones don’t affect anybody negatively.

As someone who plays only WvW, I’d much rather have achievements and completion to do within WvW, and not be forced to do PvE. While I support PvE players’ plea to remove WvW from their completion achievements. These things really should be separated. Anet devs should know the two are completely different beasts and people often prefer one over the other.