Removed crafting stations and vendors.

in WvW

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

It’s not hard to get to other crafting stations, but the WvW one was the only one that allowed you to keep your “place” in the outside world. Going to Lion’s Arch means you lose it.

Exactly. I was thinking I might take one of my gathering characters off gathering and leave him in a city to craft. Which made me wonder: if other people do the same, will it push materials prices up?

Though immediately after thinking of that, I had a 2 minute 40 second load screen in LA.

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The PvP lobby is to ‘close’ to LA to get crafting stations. You can just walk through the gate to get to the ones at LA.

It’s not hard to get to other crafting stations, but the WvW one was the only one that allowed you to keep your “place” in the outside world. Going to Lion’s Arch means you lose it.

Hence why we should have two things in exchange: Crafters in the Guild Hall, and the option to return to whence you came in the Royal Terrace and Captain’s Airship.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Ymmv, but I’ve struck up multiple conversations with players that started with a single compliment from one of us on how the other’s character is outfitted…. conversations I wouldn’t have had, nor started, had I not been standing next to them.

Personally, I don’t have that option, so I really only notice people when they talk and I only turn up my graphics if a friend has run up and gone “ermagawd looket my shinies!” I have done so in the past, when I could play on a PC, but I rarely lingered.

It’s not about making the game look more populated… that’s a sad and cynical perspective… it’s about making sure people are going to WvW to play WvW now it’s becoming popular again. Simultaneously it’ll get more peeps together at the various towns because of crafting.

Except that perspective is kind of true. I really miss having three locations to craft in LA. During the post-Scarlet destruction after we moved back in from the Vigil Keep and Priory everyone was spread out at different locations and that helped reduce some of the loading (which is a turn off for many people). It also had people seeing different areas of the city. I almost never see people anywhere other than the main crafting/banking/tp area of LA and maybe down by the WvW/PvP/Fractal gates. No one explores or spreads out.

Another point to make, is that someone once posted that certain racial home cities were more convenient for crafting because of the locations of the stations in relation to the TP. They had it timed (in seconds) how long it took a player to reach the TP from the crafting stations with The Grove and Rata Sum having the best times and Hoelbrak having the worst. So you really won’t see an increased population across all of the cities just because they want to craft. The highest I ever see the Hoelbrak population is when there’s a Shiverpeaks gathering daily and people offer their home instances.

Players like convenience. We don’t like each other unless we like each other.

Many people might already socialize as much as they are going to for now, but it can’t increase or change if the opportunities aren’t there. New players might take more advantage of this opportunity than older players, but that doesn’t mean older players can’t/won’t.

~EW

And why should Anet control how we choose to “socialize.” This is an MMO, not a dictatorship. I do frequently answer questions when I pass through a town or on an open map. I’ve been here long enough I’m basically an in game Wiki for the game. We have plenty of opportunities already to socialize without the loss of the WvW stations.

On the flip side, what’s to say that some “random PvEer” steps into WvW for the first time because a guildie mentions the stations there are convenient and happen to see the map/team chatter thus piquing their curiosity and engaging them in WvW? So one could just as easily say that by removing the crafting stations Anet has also crippled their WvW community.

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Pathetic attempt to force players into zones with long loading screens and pathetic FPS.
Of all the things wrong with WvW someone decided to remove the convinient way to craft in this faulty game. Good job Anet.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Could be their attempt to fix the lag issues that have been occurring since last Friday, by reducing the player counts on each map.

in WvW

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

anet removing good things
will this help the game??

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

in WvW

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

This will help WvW but will hurt all the PvE players who used WvW for quick crafting so we could return to PvE in the same place we left it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

so if I need to craft some food and sharpening stones I will need to do it elsewhere and lose my reward track exp accumulation…thanks! it was so called for!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Crafting stations were the only real method of accessing your bank from WvW

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Personally, I don’t have that option, so I really only notice people when they talk and I only turn up my graphics if a friend has run up and gone “ermagawd looket my shinies!” I have done so in the past, when I could play on a PC, but I rarely lingered.

I’m sorry you haven’t gotten to enjoy that experience of randomly meeting and chatting with someone new while playing.

Another point to make, is that someone once posted that certain racial home cities were more convenient for crafting because of the locations of the stations in relation to the TP. They had it timed (in seconds) how long it took a player to reach the TP from the crafting stations with The Grove and Rata Sum having the best times and Hoelbrak having the worst. So you really won’t see an increased population across all of the cities just because they want to craft. The highest I ever see the Hoelbrak population is when there’s a Shiverpeaks gathering daily and people offer their home instances.

Yeah, an increase in some cities, but not necessarily all… So what? There’s still going to be an increase so why bother splitting hairs about where? Grove, RS, and LA are a fine enough spread if that’s all it winds up being.

Players like convenience. We don’t like each other unless we like each other.

Players like a lot of things… and for some people playing MMOs it includes getting to know other players to see if you will like them. There’s plenty of convenience still in the game, and still plenty of convenience for crafting.

And why should Anet control how we choose to “socialize.” This is an MMO, not a dictatorship. I do frequently answer questions when I pass through a town or on an open map. I’ve been here long enough I’m basically an in game Wiki for the game. We have plenty of opportunities already to socialize without the loss of the WvW stations.

No one said they’re controlling or choosing how you socialize… i said it’s promoting the opportunity/option as a side effect of the decision. Chill. Optimism can be something to practice now and then… I highly recommend it over paranoia and raging.

On the flip side, what’s to say that some “random PvEer” steps into WvW for the first time because a guildie mentions the stations there are convenient and happen to see the map/team chatter thus piquing their curiosity and engaging them in WvW? So one could just as easily say that by removing the crafting stations Anet has also crippled their WvW community.

Since the crafting stations are gone, no guildie is going to say that…. so your scenario is moot. Also, no one would go to WvW without at least asking the general question of “what is WvW?” People stepping in there have some idea of what it’s about, even if it’s only a vague idea.

The decision promotes players to play WvW while in WvW… that’s undeniable. To think it’s going to cripple the WvW community because WvW players will be playing WvW is just delusional.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The PvP lobby is to ‘close’ to LA to get crafting stations. You can just walk through the gate to get to the ones at LA.

But Guild Halls could use the stuff, they are too empty right now.

Weird logic. LA is also close to guild halls that have a portal. ???

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

A vocal minority have been clamoring for this change for years, but I never really saw the point. I am a very active (rank 1700+) WvW player on a T1 server and these “PvE crafter” bogeymen that get scapegoated on the forums don’t really exist. I have played all hours of the day, all days of the week, and I never see more than 4 or 5 people at the crafting stations. Coupled with the fact that maps other than EB are rarely queued outside of reset, I think the impact of the few minutes people stop to craft in WvW is minimal at best, especially compared to the QoL loss for all players.

Not to mention that stopping by my home BL to do a quick craft or drop things off has frequently resulted in my staying a few extra minutes (or, er, hours) to defend a camp, rally to tag, or help out in some other way. With no way to communicate with your server at large (megaserver), and reduced incentive for people to “come for one thing, stay for another,” it can only hurt the awareness and use of the game mode. Really wish they would not have listened to the complainers on this one.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Players should be in WvW to play WvW and not for crafting, farming or afking. Players coming to do other things than play WvW are adding to servers population preventing them from actually obtaining WvW players to compete. I not only think they should have removed crafting stations, but also farming nodes, Gift of Battle reward track, Mystic forge, and anything else that brings players in to do things other than play WvW.

Instead, they should make a server wide chat and make some cities server based, especially lions arch so players have some place to recruit and bring players into WvW to play WvW for the right reasons. WvW needs players coming in to actually play WvW not farm and craft.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Don’t care about the complaints.

1. You can access your bank through the guild register npc, there’s a pull down menu to switch to it.
2. You can access your bank at the upgraded keeps.
3. Rata Sum is the best city to do crafting, with the bank and trading post in the middle of it all. I only ever go to LA for the mystic forge.
4. Better prepare yourself before going into wvw, if you’re running low on foods and oils craft them in your downtime so it doesn’t affect your play time? Or now you can buy them off the provisioner.

Having said that, kinda late on these changes, use to see a ton of people in the crafting area in the early days, not so much these days, I suppose it’ll help a lil on reset night, maybe.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

I’m sorry you haven’t gotten to enjoy that experience of randomly meeting and chatting with someone new while playing.

I never said that. I randomly meet people every day doing map events and running instances.

Yeah, an increase in some cities, but not necessarily all… So what? There’s still going to be an increase so why bother splitting hairs about where? Grove, RS, and LA are a fine enough spread if that’s all it winds up being.

Because, obviously, several people don’t want that. Increasing populations in certain cities increases loading times and lag when passing through. Of course if Anet wants to optimize the cities, that would be helpful too, but that’s probably asking too much.

Players like a lot of things… and for some people playing MMOs it includes getting to know other players to see if you will like them. There’s plenty of convenience still in the game, and still plenty of convenience for crafting.

That is heavily debatable. It’s very easy to get to know people without being shucked into certain corners of the map because “Anet said so.”

No one said they’re controlling or choosing how you socialize… i said it’s promoting the opportunity/option as a side effect of the decision. Chill. Optimism can be something to practice now and then… I highly recommend it over paranoia and raging.

Except that they are controlling the where and how. You can use whatever pretty term you want for it, but by forcing people into major cities or other maps where stations are available (which are few and far between) you create more problems for those locations and unnecessary time/resources spent getting to them. Some places are hard to reach in the game. Not everyone wants to spend time going somewhere or doing something only to have to waypoint out and then slog their way back in.

It’s not paranoia or rage to disagree with both you and the choice Anet has made in this regard. My optimism for Anet disappeared two years ago.

Since the crafting stations are gone, no guildie is going to say that…. so your scenario is moot. Also, no one would go to WvW without at least asking the general question of “what is WvW?” People stepping in there have some idea of what it’s about, even if it’s only a vague idea.

My scenario is not moot. You just fail to visualize it properly. Not all new players know what it is about unless they’ve looked into it or had someone explain it to them. My first explanation of WvW was an awful one and enough to keep me from exploring that aspect of the game the first 6-8mnths I played.

The decision promotes players to play WvW while in WvW… that’s undeniable. To think it’s going to cripple the WvW community because WvW players will be playing WvW is just delusional.

~EW

Bless your little heart, you’ve stooped to name calling.

It will cripple the WvW community, perhaps not in the way I have described, but in other ways too I’m sure.

The Provisioner does not supply top of the line food or oils/stones/crystals.

Items for WvW are expensive, both to buy and to craft. Buying everything is not always feasible.

Having the crafting stations on hand allowed players the ability to craft something needed while in the WvW maps participating in WvW. This includes but is not limited to food, utility items, armors, and weapons.

Crafting stations also allowed permanent access to bank if the Garrison was not owned or upgraded and EB was queued.

They also allow access to material storage to donate or return items to a guild member providing “feast” type food for the duration of a “raid.”

So please, quality of life degraded for WvW and has no way improved the GW community on a whole by forcing players to go else to take care of things like crafting, inventory management, etc. Now, logically, if you want to keep arguing this, they can put the stations somewhere else (like Obsidian Sanctum), or allow us to temporarily save a location to return to within a set time limit and on a cool down, or even allow us to craft where we stand since we do have the option to see our crafting professions within our hero panels.

Once upon a time in the land of Tyria long, long ago, you had to pay to change your traits. Not only did you have to pay to change them, but you had to go and speak to an NPC in a major city to do so. Then the almighty Anet gods in their wisdom decided to add an item to the gemstore that would allow you to retrait from wherever you were (one time use only). But, after some deliberation, the Anet gods changed their minds yet again. Now we no longer need to go to a city or pay a fee to change our traits, nor do we need a gemstore item. (I still have one of those in my bank.)

in WvW

Posted by: Tweetiti.4905

Tweetiti.4905

adding my sadness to the comments

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Like many of us, I WvW every day and I craft every day in our Home BL. With that said, I made it a point of NOT doing so when we were being assaulted by a large enemy group and we more than likely (or definitely) had a queue. But I know that’s not the case for everybody that used the crafting stations on the Home BL’s. (Just read some of the comments in this thread for proof. )

About a month ago, there was a post regarding this topic of removing the crafting stations from the home BL’s. I stand by my comment then as I do now even though I’ll miss the convenience:

I concur – the crafting stations have no place in pvp zones. I mean… it is a nice convenience and allows WvW’ers to stay in WvW if desired when they need/want to craft, but it’s not worth it when ppl are using them when there’s a queue and more fighting bodies are needed.

The full post is here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Suggestion-Move-Crafting-Stations/first#post6155982

Thanks, Anet! The loss is worth the potential gains imo!

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

Players should be in WvW to play WvW and not for crafting, farming or afking. Players coming to do other things than play WvW are adding to servers population preventing them from actually obtaining WvW players to compete. I not only think they should have removed crafting stations, but also farming nodes, Gift of Battle reward track, Mystic forge, and anything else that brings players in to do things other than play WvW.

Instead, they should make a server wide chat and make some cities server based, especially lions arch so players have some place to recruit and bring players into WvW to play WvW for the right reasons. WvW needs players coming in to actually play WvW not farm and craft.

Only players who know that WvW is srs bizniz may play WvW! :P

in WvW

Kunzaito.8169

I enjoy the purity of the core wvw experience (zergfights, tough defenses, havoc, etc.) as much as anyone. But this kind of zealotry just leads to you standing alone on an empty map preaching to an ever-dwindling choir. The facts are: most people who play want to acquire in-game stuff. Therefore they need their playtime to be profitable. WvW is already far less profitable than PvE, and you want it to be worse?

You will not recruit or convert more casual players by trying to get them in for the “right” reasons. You make it useful to be there, easy to get involved, and profitable to stay, and those with the desire and aptitude become stronger contributors.

No one is sitting there crafting from 0-500 on reset night. The vast, vast majority of people are there for a minute or two to access the bank and maybe combine some mats, and the majority of those people are on their way in or out of the raid. This idea that “crafters and afkers” are ruining the population stats is utterly false. First, there’s no way ANet can’t figure out how to account for that kind of activity in their metrics. Second, AFK gets kicked after a very short time, so unless they are purposely AFKing to troll its also minimal impact.

All the complaints amount to nothing more than modified elitism that is not in any way supported by the reality of play.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Who bets there will be a discount on airship passes next week?

in WvW

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

Not to mention that stopping by my home BL to do a quick craft or drop things off has frequently resulted in my staying a few extra minutes (or, er, hours) to defend a camp, rally to tag, or help out in some other way. With no way to communicate with your server at large (megaserver), and reduced incentive for people to “come for one thing, stay for another,” it can only hurt the awareness and use of the game mode. Really wish they would not have listened to the complainers on this one.

This. Crafting in WvW is a way to stay available for my serveur, even if I’m not directly on the battlefield.

Besides, no crafstation I know outside of WvW is as convenient.

I clearly don’t see the point of removing it, and I would appreciate a world of the WvW team about it.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverFox Asimenia Alepou.7196

SilverFox Asimenia Alepou.7196

I am missing it already. It was a quick way to do some crafting and access the bank without losing your position in PVE. Indeed a strange decision to remove this.
And an even stranger thing is, all the stations are still there, just no one attending them :p
Maybe they all needed a holiday and will be back in 2 weeks

- Asimenia Alepou since nov2014 -

in WvW

Posted by: Convallaria.8469

Convallaria.8469

Why remove them? For some of us, that’s the only way we can access our bank while in WvW – and if it’s a reset night and we need something from our bank, we either have to go without or lose our place in WvW. (I’ve even crafted armor on the fly when I decided to change a build – but no more)

Even during the week, access to a bank in our home BL can be tricky because we cannot maintain our keeps long enough to get them.

So the only solution is either carry everything we need, leave whenever we need something or have a few Bank Access Expresses on you at all time.

What’s the reasoning behind removing them, Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

I play WvW every day and I also craft every day. I used the crafting stations in the home BL and paid attention to map chat while I was doing so. This allowed me to respond to the “2 going n camp” calls, etc in map chat. Now that is not going to happen.

This is a unneeded and rather stupid change. Complete access to your bank is now gone from WvW, yes you can access the regular inventory tabs through the Guild Registrar, you cannot access the collection part of your bank. I used to send mats to guild members all the time when they requested in map chat as I could quick go to the stations in wvw, access the needed mats, then mail them to them. Now this will not happen as I am not leaving wvw to get those mats.

I haven’t seen anyone come up with the real reason for this change. I feel the reason for this change is the fact that this is actually a PvE update that affects WvW. You may ask how this is a PvE update. Well the reason this is a PvE update is that they removed ways of gaining exp in WvW and people used to craft for leveling and now they do not get those levels from crafting in WvW. Whether this update was to stop game glitches or to stop complaints to support, I feel it was more PvE orientated than actually because of people in WvW.

For those looking for a better spot to park a character than LA or DR, there are a few good alternatives with Full crafting stations and better load times. 1) Wayfarer Foothills, first “fortress” north in the snow area. 2) The city of Ebonhawke at Hawks Gate WP and 3) The village of Claypool in SW Queensdale. All three have full crafting stations and the location in Fields of Ruin has a TP as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Oh let me guess – crafting stations will be available in the Gem store soon.

in WvW

Sir Mad.1092

Oh let me guess – crafting stations will be available in the Gem store soon.

That was my first thought as well: they wanna sell airship passes.

It’s stupid but it made me lose the little faith I had left in the company. I so miss the good ole GW1 days…

EDIT – I REALLY hope it’s a bug.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Only players who know that WvW is srs bizniz may play WvW! :P

If there wasn’t a map cap and WvW server population cap I could care less. The problem is the number of players going in to WvW is actually used against the server to determine whether or not they are full, how high their transfer fees are and who they are paired up with. When there are Queues, players who will actually benefit the team are prevented from playing by those that are just there to farm or craft. The only reason many WvW players play GW2 is just to play WvW so they are not doing anything in game besides sitting there waiting to get in. If they are unable get in to play WvW with their friends, family and guildies, they go play something else instead running them off from the game all together. For every person taking up a place on the map not playing WvW and helping their team, you have a player who wants to who will leave the game getting bored of waiting to play.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

Agreed… I wish Anet didn’t make this change.

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

in WvW

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That was my first thought as well: they wanna sell airship passes.

It’s stupid but it made me lose the little faith I had left in the company. I so miss the good ole GW1 days…

EDIT – I REALLY hope it’s a bug.

Airship passes don’t hold your spot in your old map; they take you to a different pve map. And it’s not a bug; it was even included in the patch notes.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

This was actually a QoL nerf for me – I used the banks a lot and actually crafted stuff. Last time I tried to create 200 feasts and couldn’t get the ingredients on the TP, so I asked my server if they would help me and they did.
I do get the argument that “PvE players could just afk there” but honestly; there were maybe 3 at the crafting stations at any time. And I often jumped into a fight when I switched stuff between my characters because someone called it out on map chat.

in WvW

Sir Mad.1092

This was actually a QoL nerf for me – I used the banks a lot and actually crafted stuff. Last time I tried to create 200 feasts and couldn’t get the ingredients on the TP, so I asked my server if they would help me and they did.
I do get the argument that “PvE players could just afk there” but honestly; there were maybe 3 at the crafting stations at any time. And I often jumped into a fight when I switched stuff between my characters because someone called it out on map chat.

I totally agree.

My typical GW2 day:

- Grab the daily stuff in my home instance
- Do the skritt queen / quartz farm
- Harvest passion flowers
- Go to WvW
- Do my daily crafts
- Spend the rest of the time in WvW

Today:

- I logged in
- I grabbed the daily stuff in my home
- I farmed quartz
- I harvested passion flowers
- I went to WvW
- Titan was under attack, I went to defend it
- I ran back to the crafting stations – they weren’t there anymore
- I logged out

in WvW

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

What happened?? Are they on strike or something?? Maybe feeling like Rodney Dangerfield?? While you’re at it, why not remove ALL vendors from WvW—including the repair facilities, armor and weapons, and the trading post———-after all, they’re available in the home cities——-aren’t they?

For me, if I’m engaged in an area, a quest, or a story segment, I like having crafters “close by” without having to play “return to sender” to engage in crafting activities.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I get that some people find it inconvenient, but they want people who join WvW maps to be doing that content. If you only went to a WvW map to craft and leave, you obviously weren’t interested in WvW (at that moment), so you really don’t need to be there.

The change actually makes sense.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I totally agree.

My typical GW2 day:

- Grab the daily stuff in my home instance
- Do the skritt queen / quartz farm
- Harvest passion flowers
- Go to WvW
- Do my daily crafts
- Spend the rest of the time in WvW

Today:

- I logged in
- I grabbed the daily stuff in my home
- I farmed quartz
- I harvested passion flowers
- I went to WvW
- Titan was under attack, I went to defend it
- I ran back to the crafting stations – they weren’t there anymore
- I logged out

So wait… after all WvW has been through… you quit over crafting stations? ok.

Also that list makes it look like you use to go to wvw for crafting and spent the rest of your time in wvw doing that, while in scenario two since they weren’t there you logged.

You realize on your daily routine which required you to move around maps anyways, you could just go to rata sum and do your craft dailies(also rata sum home instance is pretty good), then hop into wvw?

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I get that some people find it inconvenient, but they want people who join WvW maps to be doing that content. If you only went to a WvW map to craft and leave, you obviously weren’t interested in WvW (at that moment), so you really don’t need to be there.

The change actually makes sense.

That’s how I feel about it, too. People popping in to just use the crafting stations were taking up spots that actual wvw players need available in order to play; this would be especially bad when people would basically park a character at the crafting station and just mess around there for an extended periods of time. This isn’t a huge issue for all servers at all times, but it was an issue often enough.

Edit: A banker is being added to the maps as a compromise. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Removed-crafting-stations-and-vendors/page/3#post6224291

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

Excellent!

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

#anetlistens

\fistpound

;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Hello everyone,

You’re full of good news. Thank you.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

BOOM
Thank you WvW team!

in WvW

Sir Mad.1092

So wait… after all WvW has been through… you quit over crafting stations? ok.

Also that list makes it look like you use to go to wvw for crafting and spent the rest of your time in wvw doing that, while in scenario two since they weren’t there you logged.

You realize on your daily routine which required you to move around maps anyways, you could just go to rata sum and do your craft dailies(also rata sum home instance is pretty good), then hop into wvw?

It’s not about WvW. It’s about how everything in this game is made deliberately frustrating in order to sell gemstore items. This is just the straw that broke the camels back.

And just a few more things:

- I have never said I was quitting the game, just that I am kittened (and logged out for today).

- Yes, there are crafting stations in cities. There are also 25 uses salvage kits, or limited uses gathering tools, yet no one uses them.

- Yes there were PvEers going to WvW to craft, but how many people did you use to see around the crafting stations? 2? 3?

- Don’t assume things you don’t know: yes, I’m spending 80% of my time in WvW – where did I say I was spending it sitting at the WP?

in WvW

Sir Mad.1092

Hello everyone,

Since there were no more than 2 or 3 players at a time around the crafting stations, how punishing the majority of the players is gonna fix the queue issue?

in WvW

Posted by: Serith.3712

Serith.3712

I like the idea of removing crafting stations but keeping the bank in WVW, anything that discourages players from idling in the starter areas and/or coming into WVW just to do something completely unrelated is a good thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Serith.3712

Serith.3712

This will help WvW but will hurt all the PvE players who used WvW for quick crafting so we could return to PvE in the same place we left it.

Exactly……WVW is for WVW players, not a “quick crafting” stop for PVE players.

in WvW

Posted by: GAUCreep.6958

GAUCreep.6958

+ !add it into guild halls!

in WvW

Sir Mad.1092

Exactly……WVW is for WVW players, not a “quick crafting” stop for PVE players.

So basically, not having the 2 or 3 players we used to see around the crafting stations is gonna fix the queue issue? How exactly?

in WvW

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

With the crafting stations removed, what is even the point of the WvW maps anymore? You don’t remove the crafting stations, you remove all those other objectives that were making it take too long to queue in for the crafting stations!

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

To many times we would be trying to defend something and we would see a bunch of ppl afk in spawn around crafting tables. WvW maps have caps, they are not like pve maps where even if you reach a cap you can still get people in, its always a hard cap. Trying to fight off enemy zergs while people are waiting in queue because a bunch of people wanted to save 1 silver and went to a wvw crafting table with no thought whatsoever of actually engaging in wvw or even if it was causing issues with their home server. It is a shame that these people had to ruin it for everyone but its not hard to adapt to this change.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

- Yes, there are crafting stations in cities. There are also 25 uses salvage kits, or limited uses gathering tools, yet no one uses them.

- Don’t assume things you don’t know: yes, I’m spending 80% of my time in WvW – where did I say I was spending it sitting at the WP?

Shrug I still use the 25 salvage kits and limited oricalcum gathering tools, seriously, I have never bought any of the gem store tools since gathering tools are a pain to keep moving around, and no I’m not buying 30 of them to cover for my 10 level 80’s.

Removing the crafting stations changes one thing in your routine of having to stop by a city to do your crafting dailies, which you do anyways when you visit your home instance. Then you can pop into wvw as usual.

I just think some people are blowing this out of proportion is all.

in WvW

Kunzaito.8169

It’s interesting to learn that they made the change based on some data, but I can’t help but wonder if the data was granular enough. McKenna states that queue times are longer, and their data shows that there are people spending a (presumably) significant time crafting. But are those people crafting during queued times?

I realize it’s anecdotal, but having played WvW pretty much daily since launch I have some frame of reference. People don’t sit in a queue, long or short, to go craft. You go there for convenience, and it’s not convenient if you have to wait 15 minutes to get in. And if it’s not queued, why do you care what other people are doing on the map? They’re not preventing anyone from doing anything and may rally to help when they otherwise would never know.

The only potentially affected situation is when you have a zerg on another map AND something on your home is attacked that requires a response AND the full zerg can’t get in AND the other team has a map queue that results in a numbers situation in their favor and STILL that means the opponent outplayed you past your defenses. I really can’t see that these crafting squatters (who, again, I rarely see more than 1 or 2, and often none, in T1) really have as much of an impact on the matches as some people think.