Removed crafting stations and vendors.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since there were no more than 2 or 3 players at a time around the crafting stations, how punishing the majority of the players is gonna fix the queue issue?

ANet’s reasoning suggests that their numbers show something different from your anecdotal observations. Just because you only saw 2-3 people doesn’t mean there weren’t others heading to the stations or back/forth to the garri’s mystic forge or spawn’s TP/guild bank access. Just because you only saw 2-3 people doesn’t mean that there weren’t more on other worlds. Plus, we don’t know how many people might have been in the queue.

I agree that this is an inconvenience and I wish that (a) ANet had given us some warning they were going to do this (and explained why first, too) and (b) offer us an alternative for “return to where I was after crafting” convenience (or at least explain why they don’t feel that’s important).

That said, I can’t fault them for deciding that WvW zones should cater to WvWers rather than PvErs and trying to improve things.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fleurs Mortes.4502

Fleurs Mortes.4502

While adding bankers to each borderland is appreciated, I feel like this would’ve been the perfect opportunity to convert Obsidian Sanctum into a “lobby” of sorts for WvW.

For ages it has been almost forgotten, used only primarily by duellists and guilds. If each spawn had an area that provided players with the basic NPCs (ie. Bankers/crafting stations/merchants/repairs/Trading Post/Mystic Forge), it would become a server-specific place to queue for other borderlands while doing your daily crafting, etc.

Since it’s a PvP-enabled zone that is shared with the other servers in your tier, it would also provide another relevant place to duel or even roam, with the jumping puzzle adding interesting terrain. (On the subject of which, in addition, perhaps the chest at the end could be buffed to incentivize more players to participate?)

I feel that this would add back the functionality missed in borderlands maps while reinvigorating a zone that doesn’t see much use these days. While you would still lose your place in the queue to go there for whatever reason, it would help to mitigate the issue that other people have brought up in this thread about those who don’t contribute or limit numbers in a borderland. I suppose guilds could also advertise there, since, like other borderlands, OS is server-specific.

Just my 2c.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

This was likely done to alleviate false counting of people in WvW that use the BLs for crafting only

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

Gg another thing taken away from wvw players that has been apart of wvw since the begining of guild wars 2. Thanks anet for listening to fools again by either deleting or nerfing things that are good or useful to vet players.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Gg another thing taken away from wvw players that has been apart of wvw since the begining of guild wars 2. Thanks anet for listening to fools again by either deleting or nerfing things that are good or useful to vet players.

Most WvW players don’t want them there.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

morrolan.9608
Tifa.6473:
Most WvW players don’t want them there.
I always see wvw players from my server using them. Now when there are map ques I’ll just go out to craft a sword and come back in. Oh wait I’m back in que again. There was no poll in removing it that I know of.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

anet removing good things
will this help the game??

This will help WvW but will hurt all the PvE players who used WvW for quick crafting so we could return to PvE in the same place we left it.

Exactly……WVW is for WVW players, not a “quick crafting” stop for PVE players.

So basically, not having the 2 or 3 players we used to see around the crafting stations is gonna fix the queue issue? How exactly?

It is going to help solve the population balancing issues. This was not just about Queues, it was throwing off the numbers they used to determine which servers should be linked, and how much transfer costs to the server should be. The server that had the more players doing this, the more unbalanced their population would be. They do not determine population by the 3 you see there at a time, but over a longer period of time so all of the people who used them over that period of time. Even if it is 50 on a server doing it, that is 50 players offsetting the numbers.

Bingo.

That said, despite being an avid WvW player, I do wonder what they’ll do considering the WvW Artisan bonus only applies while in WvW. With crafting stations gone, will they replace this?

in WvW

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I understand the purpose, but why is the Mystic Forge still there?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Did the mods really just merged my thread here when I was trying to make the dev post more visible?

throws hands up in the air

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

This was likely done to alleviate false counting of people in WvW that use the BLs for crafting only

Why do so many people think this? You really think their metrics for “active wvw population” are so unsophisticated that someone who is only present for a couple of minutes and contributes no world score counts heavily against the population caps (if they even count at all)? That the floodgates will open to closed servers if only these legions of crafters would get out of the BLs?

If anything doesn’t it stand to reason that this “problem” (such as it is) affects all servers more or less proportionally equally, and therefore its removal will “benefit” all servers proportionally equally, and therefore status quo remains?

The earlier post from someone else talking about the removal of XP from WvW and its impact on crafting there is actually the only theory about this whole thing that really makes sense.

There really does need to be another quick access crafting area from which you can return directly to your world locale. If you need your artificer to craft something, and your artificer is parked somewhere or exploring a remote corner, it is definitely not convenient to WP out to a city and have to navigate back. (Also the reason I never bought the airship/DR passes)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I understand the purpose, but why is the Mystic Forge still there?

Superior siege?

Granted with the addition of them being sold now at the notary, and rewards from the tracks, it won’t be needed as much now.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

Another annoyance from the Arenanet team, remove all crafting as well as the easy to reach bank management station. Need to make a potion, go to Lion Arch and come back, loose your stacks and loose some progress in the mean time, that is, if the map is not full when you get back.
From my perspective the ones that made this decision, derive pleasure from annoying their player base, remove conveniences and sell a useless port to home instance… Oops, can’t get to crafting stations from there. well you can always get to our floating crafting aeronef, but, hmm, you got to pay for that.
At the very least, what they could do is to provide crafting stations for guild halls, but don’t hold your breath on that, this is very unlikely, to ever happen, because it would actually be useful.
In the mean time, they will spend a lot of time doing things that nobody care about and have zero importance for user convenience.
If you read this, Arenanet, I’m upset and I’m not the only one. Inventory management is important to me and easy access to weapons, potions and such important to me and I hate to have to hop to a lot of places to get things done and come back to a waiting list.
Thanks for a lousy job, removing what was one of the really nice features of WvW, we are all happy, with the care you show us at Arenanet. For a group that advocates no grind and easy availability of services, you really do a fine job at it (Ironic grin, here)
I’m sure many do as I do come from a map like Silverwastes to help out in WvW, with full bags and ore and such, refine them and are on their way to some WvW activity. It happens all the time. Now with your lousy mod, you make it very inconvenient to come in and help out for a while and return to same map. I really can’t understand the few tards that think that removing those stations actually improve anything.
Finally, there was no problem with queus before Anet had the idea of joining servers, that is the mod, I could do without.

(edited by Cybil Song.2359)

in WvW

Posted by: Redhame.5946

Redhame.5946

Ok, let’s talk about what this does to other parts of the game. Here’s one example: imagine a character out in Tangled Depths. Trying for map completion, so I’ve been in TD for some time. My bags fill up. I would like to donate a lot of the materials I’m carrying to our guild hall. But first, they need to be refined at a crafting station. Before today, I could zap to WvW, refine, then port to our guild hall, donate, and finally return right back to my spot in TD and keep going.

Now what? Jump to LA, refine, donate in the hall and waypoint back to TD? This is going to put me nowhere near where I started. Very few waypoints on that map. Just run back? Sure. That map is very frustrating to navigate. Running back won’t take any time at all.

So that’s the issue: the WvW crafting stations were a big convenience. Removing them makes my in-game goals more tedious to reach. How is that good game design?

If the crafting stations need to leave WvW due to load, that’s fine. Move them someplace else, don’t erase them.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Some of you seriously need to calm down. Throwing around insults at anet, ignoring their reasons for this change, and not bothering to be constructive or objective will not help anything.

This was asked for many times, and there are more technical reasons already put out by Anet for why this change was made. They also said that a bank vendor would be placed in every maps spawn area so that’s a great thing. Plan ahead and place whatever siege and consumables you use on your toons, in your bank, or shared inventory slots.

I made a suggestion earlier that Craft tables be placed in HoTM since it would be pretty much the same as going to WvW but would not conflict. Or Adjust the areas in Obsidian Sanctum to create a kind of WvW lobby with a condensed crafting station and craft merchant.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

^This suggestion by XTD is good.
Obsidian Sanctum will not take up any WVW space for the BLs and EB so i think that would be a good place to put it
Nice one.

in WvW

Posted by: antidote.7201

antidote.7201

Some of you seriously need to calm down. Throwing around insults at anet, ignoring their reasons for this change, and not bothering to be constructive or objective will not help anything.

This was asked for many times, and there are more technical reasons already put out by Anet for why this change was made. They also said that a bank vendor would be placed in every maps spawn area so that’s a great thing. Plan ahead and place whatever siege and consumables you use on your toons, in your bank, or shared inventory slots.

I made a suggestion earlier that Craft tables be placed in HoTM since it would be pretty much the same as going to WvW but would not conflict. Or Adjust the areas in Obsidian Sanctum to create a kind of WvW lobby with a condensed crafting station and craft merchant.

Do you seriously think that 3-5 people at a crafting table have a decent impact on wvw queue ?
Like for real ? Not defending the people insulting ; but come on, there’s no queue on home bl 96% off the time. So, for the extra 4% of the time where there’s queue, the 3-5 ppl at a time are a problem ?? Come on …

It just make the things more boring to do and for no valuable reason

in WvW

Posted by: blackmac.2685

blackmac.2685

unreal the lazy BS I hear!

WvW is for WvW players, not crafting, period!

This might be the most ridiculous complaining I have heard.
Plan it out and go to town, the walk might do you some good!

Those that craft during WvW just take away a spot potentially from someone who actually want to participate the way they should.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Do you seriously think that 3-5 people at a crafting table have a decent impact on wvw queue ?
Like for real ? Not defending the people insulting ; but come on, there’s no queue on home bl 96% off the time. So, for the extra 4% of the time where there’s queue, the 3-5 ppl at a time are a problem ?? Come on …

It just make the things more boring to do and for no valuable reason

Tossing around numbers gets us nowhere unless you can account for every home bl for every server at all times. It is also not just about queues, like others have explained multiple times it can affect how server status is determined.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Cybil Song.2359

I want to see a decent solution, not harebrained solution and something that works without pain. I have 2 suggestions of my own:
1) Put a set of stations in Guild halls.
2) Put a set of stations in the Hall of Monument. That would be perfect, with no liability, it is an instance. Besides that really would be a gesture of appreciation to their old customer base, the ones that made GW2 a possibility and a success.
Crafting in peace with no one making loud noises and colored farts around me would go a long way to improve my humor on the whole thing.

in WvW

Posted by: MLinni.6109

MLinni.6109

I have never seen many people at crafting stations at a time, yet a ton of people idling out the reward track until participation drops to 0%.
I cannot see that loss of convenience as anything other than “buy airship/pavillion passes, plz.” If borderland queues are really the problem, please add crafting stations to the EOTM entrances. No problem with queuing there.

in WvW

Cybil Song.2359

unreal the lazy BS I hear!

WvW is for WvW players, not crafting, period!

This might be the most ridiculous complaining I have heard.
Plan it out and go to town, the walk might do you some good!

Those that craft during WvW just take away a spot potentially from someone who actually want to participate the way they should.

What you say is this: I don’t care about the needs of others that don’t play my way.
This is very selfish on your part and offer no solutions to the problems encountered by the other players. We are looking for working solutions here and venting, criticizing us in that way just show your ignorance and lack of concern for anybody else then yourself.

(edited by Cybil Song.2359)

in WvW

Posted by: ShasOrange.9876

ShasOrange.9876

This is laughable. Queue times aren’t going to get any better, there still going to be terrible those few hours after reset, and basically only then. And the down times on WvW are gonna get worse because less people are going to be randomly on to hear calls for help to stop roamers from slowly taking everything down. Have fun logging on and finding your entire map was taken over last night, yet again because of a pack of roamers. This is just sticking another nail in the coffin for WvW.

The only reason I gave WvW a try initially was because I spent so much time jumping there to unload my inventory etc. Have fun trying to recruit new players now that there’s no reason for them to even visit it. All the while Anet gets to high five themselves for getting people to burn more silver WP everywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

The PvP lobby is to ‘close’ to LA to get crafting stations. You can just walk through the gate to get to the ones at LA.

It’s not hard to get to other crafting stations, but the WvW one was the only one that allowed you to keep your “place” in the outside world. Going to Lion’s Arch means you lose it.

adding crafting to pvp lobby would give us something to do whilst trapped in the Prison of the Mists…8

in WvW

Posted by: Madzharov.7530

Madzharov.7530

So much whining.

Easy solution for WvW players who need to craft something “quick”: Add a guild upgrade, that allows the spawn of all crafting stations only for the people repping the guild and for.. let’s say 5 minutes. That should be enough to craft any consumables you may need on the fly.

Of course, the cost of crafting said upgrade has to be taken into account, because if crafting consumables costs x amount of money and using said upgrade costs y amount of money and y is much more than x, then it won’t be worth it.

There have been complaints about this sort of thing for a while and people should look it from the perspective of WvW players. Examples have been given about it already, but at least try to respect the people who actually love this game mode.

~ Just a scrub

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Players can conveniently go to lions arch or home city for all their crafting needs…

Not if they want to remain in their current location, going to WvW was the only way to craft and stay where you were.

The logical solution would be to put crafting stations in guild halls, but god forbid guild halls actually be useful for anything apparently.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Players can conveniently go to lions arch or home city for all their crafting needs…

Not if they want to remain in their current location, going to WvW was the only way to craft and stay where you were.

The logical solution would be to put crafting stations in guild halls, but god forbid guild halls actually be useful for anything apparently.

Putting them in the HotM lobby area would give access to all guilds no matter how big or small and have the same affect without altering WvW server population.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

This is laughable. Queue times aren’t going to get any better, there still going to be terrible those few hours after reset, and basically only then. And the down times on WvW are gonna get worse because less people are going to be randomly on to hear calls for help to stop roamers from slowly taking everything down. Have fun logging on and finding your entire map was taken over last night, yet again because of a pack of roamers. This is just sticking another nail in the coffin for WvW.

The only reason I gave WvW a try initially was because I spent so much time jumping there to unload my inventory etc. Have fun trying to recruit new players now that there’s no reason for them to even visit it. All the while Anet gets to high five themselves for getting people to burn more silver WP everywhere.

HotM lobby area has a bank to unload, if they add crafting tables there, would work the same as WvW without altering the WvW population numbers that are used to determine server transfer costs and which servers are linked.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Lycan Nibbker.4352

Lycan Nibbker.4352

For the people that missed this note by McKenna, and complaining about banking without the crafters in wvw still.

Bank vendors will be added to all start areas of alpine, desert, ebg.
Please also note you can still use the guild registrar npc to access your bank through the guild bank, there’s a pull down tab for it, they are also at all the start areas already.
You can also bank at all upgraded keeps.

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams.

However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

If you want to craft, feel free to check out Rata Sum, all the crafters, bank, guild bank, trading post are near each other.

Its a shame they didnt do a kitten survey about it first rather than doing other pointless ones they then ignore. I am a wvwer and I use the crafting stations, be it to move stuff around to make space after salvaging mats from kills to crafting foods to progressing on a piece of armour I want in wvw to taking mats out of storage to make sup siege while I am on scouting duty. No, I am not going to take all these items with me on a character beforehand.
what they should have been doing is making a way for wvw reward track gained to be carried over when you left wvw rather than making the situation where you have to stay in wvw for 15+ minutes to use it up before you leave – THAT would have been a QoL improvement, not this stupid move they made.

in WvW

Lycan Nibbker.4352

This will help WvW but will hurt all the PvE players who used WvW for quick crafting so we could return to PvE in the same place we left it.

How will it help wvw exactly? By me going to clear my inv in my home BL to find the keep under attack and running to help save it? Me being in a “megaserver” town and not in a large guild means there are no call outs in LA and hence my assistance is lost.

If you think people at crafting stations make more than a 5% difference in the stats then Id be amazed. However, people standing around waiting for their wvw track to get used up, thats something that should have been addressed.

in WvW

Lycan Nibbker.4352

So basically, not having the 2 or 3 players we used to see around the crafting stations is gonna fix the queue issue? How exactly?

It is going to help solve the population balancing issues. This was not just about Queues, it was throwing off the numbers they used to determine which servers should be linked, and how much transfer costs to the server should be. The server that had the more players doing this, the more unbalanced their population would be. They do not determine population by the 3 you see there at a time, but over a longer period of time so all of the people who used them over that period of time. Even if it is 50 on a server doing it, that is 50 players offsetting the numbers.

Except there are in your example 50 players on every server. anet is not going to mass reduce the gem transfer costs – its too much of a money maker for them so if every server goes down by 50, then the limits as to what makes a “high” server gets reduced by 50 ie no change.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Except there are in your example 50 players on every server. anet is not going to mass reduce the gem transfer costs – its too much of a money maker for them so if every server goes down by 50, then the limits as to what makes a “high” server gets reduced by 50 ie no change.

It wouldn’t be 50 players on every server, the more PvE players on that server, the more people that will be doing it. That was gauging the lower tier servers. There are FAR more on higher tiers and servers that are known for large PvE populations. It isn’t even close to even numbers per server. My example is for one server. It would be more like : 50, 357, 32. 679…. 9789 <~~~ BG Hahaha!

The point is it isn’t even numbers, never will be even numbers and tbh I think removing dailies, farming nodes and Gift of battle from WvW would be an excellent idea as well to really get a much more accurate balance. They need to find better ways to bring in WvW players than treating them like mules chasing a carrot stick. If they don’t want to play WvW, forcing them to just to get what they need to do something else isn’t going to help them or anyone else. WvW players need more WvW players, not people who hate to be there at all.

WvW should be treated like a large scale PvP Mode.. like players asked for in the first place. Anet once told us they were going to give us that.. Many are still waiting.

They can add this junk to the PvP lobby, where it doesn’t affect WvW populations at all and PvE players who don’t want to lose their place on map can pop in there just as easy and get their stuff done.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: phantom.1675

phantom.1675

Takes 7 hours to complete a WvW reward track. If you want to bring in WvW players, address this slap in the face garbage loot system they just released, then tuned, and have still left idiotic.

If you just queue PvP and lose every game youll roll the reward track much faster than 7 hours. Why would anyone bother with WvW given this?

in WvW

Posted by: phantom.1675

phantom.1675

I agree it adds to queues.

For those saying it adds to numbers of players in these “population counts” I say this:
if the data analysts at anet can figure out how to send a poll only to players that have ranked up, they can certainly figure out how to only count players that have ranked up. If you dont rank up in a day, you don’t count.

If those analytics can’t make that inference, well you can see why we have so many problems balancing population.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Takes 7 hours to complete a WvW reward track. If you want to bring in WvW players, address this slap in the face garbage loot system they just released, then tuned, and have still left idiotic.

If you just queue PvP and lose every game youll roll the reward track much faster than 7 hours. Why would anyone bother with WvW given this?

I suggested they tie Loot strictly to PPK and stop rewarding PvD but they didn’t want to hear that. I think they should remove PPT and instead it gives you a buff while fighting over yaks, keeps, towers, camps ect increases loot and PPK while you fight over it. Owning it gives no score, but a buff that while fighting over objectives gives you increased PPK and LOOT. Killing other players without the use of siege while fighting over objectives would be the only way to get points and loot. Defending team would get a slight buff, making owning the objectives more valuable than they currently are.

Now of course I also suggested they get no loot or PPK for siege damage on players as well but that could be negated if they reduced siege damage on players. That would not reward Afkers, PvDers’ Ktrainers and make WvW about the actual fight instead. But too many People wanna PvD instead I guess….

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I agree it adds to queues.

For those saying it adds to numbers of players in these “population counts” I say this:
if the data analysts at anet can figure out how to send a poll only to players that have ranked up, they can certainly figure out how to only count players that have ranked up. If you dont rank up in a day, you don’t count.

If those analytics can’t make that inference, well you can see why we have so many problems balancing population.

The thing is though once one player finds out about the polls, they just tell others, they would have to put a lock on the poll itself to only allow invited players. Dolyaks kills would be a better determination. No Dolyaks in EotM.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: ShasOrange.9876

ShasOrange.9876

HotM lobby area has a bank to unload, if they add crafting tables there, would work the same as WvW without altering the WvW population numbers that are used to determine server transfer costs and which servers are linked.

That would be nice/helpful, but anet are unlikely to do it.

And it’ll still lead to player drop off from WvW. Most of the times I’ve jumped into WvW was after jumping on map to dump stuff in my bank and consolidate mat’s via crafting. It’s nice and easy to jump from PvE to WvW, help out for a bit, then log off and have your toon go back to where you left off in PvE. Now it’s just going to be a bum load of load screens at the minimum. This is just going to lead to more servers dying off and more need for said server transfers for WvW players. So enjoy the spiraling death that it WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Absolutely brilliant! Both choices has been wishes since beginning of wvw, so just awesome!

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

That would be nice/helpful, but anet are unlikely to do it.

And it’ll still lead to player drop off from WvW. Most of the times I’ve jumped into WvW was after jumping on map to dump stuff in my bank and consolidate mat’s via crafting. It’s nice and easy to jump from PvE to WvW, help out for a bit, then log off and have your toon go back to where you left off in PvE. Now it’s just going to be a bum load of load screens at the minimum. This is just going to lead to more servers dying off and more need for said server transfers for WvW players. So enjoy the spiraling death that it WvW.

PvE players coming in to do something here and there isn’t going to save WvW. Only dedicated WvW players will accomplish that. Making cities server based and adding server wide chat option would be far more beneficial to WvW than crafting tables.
WvW players are better brought in to play WvW than to come in to farm or craft.

Players talking about WvW while out on their actual server brings in more players that actually want to fight, be willing to change classes and builds and learn what it takes to win fights while outnumbered. Players coming in to farm and craft are not going to be willing to change off their PvE classes and builds, get on voice coms to know what is actually going on and are far more likely to be one push material. That doesn’t really help their server, it hurts it. Dying in WvW means you are scoring for the other team.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.1894

Crazy.1894

The problem is not going to LA to craft. It’s coming back.
I have characters all over the map, each there for a purpose. If I have to move them to LA and back each time I have t craft something, it really gets tiresome.
And I’m not even talking about the loading time of LA…

And seriously, changing this after almost 4 years is really sadistic.

Les Loups de Sandpoint [LdS] – Vizunah
and we’re NOT recruiting ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

WvW reward tracks should progress based on WXP, the same way the PVP ones progress based on rank points. They’d be dramatically less grindy and terrible that way.

in WvW

Posted by: omegazone.9254

omegazone.9254

• Adding them to guild halls as another tier of improvements — many continue to be surprised that only scribing is available in guild halls.

1. I would agree with the idea of having them in The guild hall
2. Possible in the user home instance.

(Blub) Brotherhood of blub
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

at least give non wvw stations bonuses wich is why people went to wvw to craft in first place

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

Will you chaps also redesign that place cause the flags with professions are still there.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I fail to see why this change would help WvW at all. Only if a lot a lot of players only go to WvW for the crafting stations the numbers to determine WvW population will not change at all by this. And I seriously doubt that they will change. As many people said before there were never more than 3 or 4 players at the same moment at the crafting stations in the BL in my world.

Maybe ArenaNet thinks this will make players complaining about WvW population caps happier. But those players will be disappointed.

Adding a bank to the BL starter areas will not change the inconvenience for WvW players that need a crafting station to craft something. Like a potion. If there weren’t crafting stations in BL before ArenaNet would have added these as a QoL improvement by now and everyone would have applauded them for it. Very strange change.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in WvW

Posted by: Rajani.4895

Rajani.4895

I can’t understand this decision. All my characters are in Southsun Cove to mine the Orichalcum node there. It is more time spending to travel to a city for crafting.

Please give us an alternative who satisfied all people, as example in the guild halls.

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Good change. We have been asking for it for a long time now. Thanks for finally remove the craft stations, Anet.

For those saying to put the craft stations in the HoTM, as much as bad as it is to stay there with nothing to do, a big and resounding NO. Map load often is taking longer than it should during prime time. There is no need to make it longer because people are idling at the craft stations just so they can keep their PvE location. Remember we have a 2 minutes grace for disconnect and crowding HoTM to make the come back harder isn’t the solution.

Make the Obsidian Sanctum the WvW lobby, add the craft station there. However, I wouldn’t make people immune, just for the fun of it since the map is a pvp jumping puzzle/gvg/duel map. You gotta fight for your privilege to use the stations! lol

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

Now that you have removed crafting stations to stop players doing stuff that isn’t helping their team win (a good idea), how about you remove things like the jumping puzzles, vistas, poi’s & skill points too? All these things are taking players away from helping their teams, so should be removed as well in my opinion.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

Hello everyone,

sorry but that is just ridiculus there are much more people afk at spawn than there are people crafting you really can´t be serious the increase in queue times can´t be influenced that much because a handfull of crafters for few minutes
if you want to do something usefull set afk time to 1 or 2 minutes while you have the invuln buff from standing in wvw spawn so we can get rid of the afk spawn people

And we don´t need bank NPC the resource tab is useless now as we cant craft anymore in WvW and the normal bank inventory tab is already accessible via the upper left dropdown menu in guild bank panel

(edited by Eiffel.8937)

in WvW

Posted by: Calendra.9074

Calendra.9074

Ye, remove everything, npc’s, keeps, towers, dolyaks, leave only one big flat space so people can fight each other….. doh
Its so funny to read how people ask for removals instead of ask for improvements.
Ok, crafting stations were removed, but no one from Anet think to place a bank NPC when stations were removed? Its sad they have to read on forums AFTER they made changes.
I know there is a way to aces bank from guild npc, but that window its incomplete (no mats tab etc.)

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

I can’t understand this decision. All my characters are in Southsun Cove to mine the Orichalcum node there. It is more time spending to travel to a city for crafting.

Please give us an alternative who satisfied all people, as example in the guild halls.

A good example on why the removal was justified. Crafting stations in the guild hall would be OK i guess as a substitute.