Removed crafting stations and vendors.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Thanks. Been waiting for this for a long time. It amazes me all the people kittened off that they can’t pop into WvW to craft. Good riddance.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Okay … what are all these loading screens people are complaining about taking minutes long?

I must be missing something because every time I log in , I load to LA and it takes like maybe 8-10 seconds (generally acceptable imho) and I’m in LA

Are you using a SSD?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Blind Jimmy.1634

Blind Jimmy.1634

Here’s a possibly crazy idea (apologies if someone else has already suggested this, the topic searcher doesn’t think so):

Why not put the crafting stations back in Obsidian Sanctum? OS certainly doesn’t have any queueing problems, and I’d like to think it can be easily filtered out as counting towards wvw “activity.” Plus it removes the issue of using the WvW crafting stations without participating in WvW by moving them to a place that isn’t safe from attack. The more I think about it the more I like the risk/reward trade-off of being able to warp to/from WvW for crafting without losing your place in the PVE maps, but at the risk that you might be murdered if you aren’t on your guard while doing said crafting.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The problem of people taking up queue space because they’re crafting was way overblown.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Okay … what are all these loading screens people are complaining about taking minutes long?

I must be missing something because every time I log in , I load to LA and it takes like maybe 8-10 seconds (generally acceptable imho) and I’m in LA

Are you using a SSD?

I don’t think so…. laptop is like 2-3 years old. i7 running win8.1 ~ looking at the drive 1tb so no… def not.

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.1894

Crazy.1894

The problem is not going to LA to craft. It’s coming back.
I have characters all over the map, each there for a purpose. If I have to move them to LA and back each time I have t craft something, it really gets tiresome.
And I’m not even talking about the loading time of LA…

And seriously, changing this after almost 4 years is really sadistic.

So go craft before or after you decide to go into WvW so you don’t have to back out in the middle of your WvW session? Like seriously who is playing WvW and randomly gets struck from behind by a crafting-bug and goes “oh I really need to craft right now, but oh no the queue!” Its called preparedness, you should have things like your gear and food ready to go when you are in WvW and you should already be doing this, especially after 4 years. . . .

Either you misread or you missed the point.
The problem is not ppl who go play WvW and then stop to craft, it’s ppl who are in PvE and use the WvW crafting stations because when they leave WvW they come back at the exact same PvE spot they were before.

Les Loups de Sandpoint [LdS] – Vizunah
and we’re NOT recruiting ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Yes please.

With this change, it’d be one to leave wvw (if already in it), one to go to a place to craft, one to go back into wvw. As opposed to just one to go to Citadel.

I’m waiting for people to ask for crafting stations in the raids.

Already exists. Wing 1 and wing 3 both have cooking stations.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

So if I run out of food/sharpening stones/oils and wish to craft some more or I wish to access the materials in my personal bank I have to leave home border and re-queue.

If someone calls out in map chat that they need help defending something while I am crafting I won’t see it any more because I won’t be crafting on home border.

Why?

I have seen plenty of complaints in WvW, but the presence of crafting stations wasn’t one of them.

If you run out then that’s bad planning on your part- they last 30 minutes or an hour. As they stack it’s easy to carry around 80-100 of each. I’ll restock when I hit 20.

And rather than standing there with crafting windows open you’ll now be actively doing something in wvw (hopefully) and might be present at whatever objective needs defending rather than standing taking up a q space at the stations.

A good move by Anet. Plenty of other places to do crafting, and your toon can be left standing right next to them whenever you log in to the game.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yes please.

With this change, it’d be one to leave wvw (if already in it), one to go to a place to craft, one to go back into wvw. As opposed to just one to go to Citadel.

Ok but, in either scenario you start from pve zones before entering wvw, so craft before you go to wvw?

Ok gets tricky if you’re already in wvw and find the need to craft, unless you parked yourself in a city before entering wvw which cuts down 1 loading screen. Gets really tricky on reset night with a queue on.

But what emergency item do you really need to leave in the middle of wvw to go craft?
Is this something you expect to happen on a daily basis?

Do you carry around less than 5 stacks of food and oil?

Do you go to picnics, and half way through it you decide you need to run home to cook the food for the picnic, and then return to the picnic?

Already exists. Wing 1 and wing 3 both have cooking stations.

Oh that’s really good, although I still would be prepared and bring everything I need for a raid run, like I usually do when I run dungeons, or fractals, or pveing for hours, or wvw.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: ShasOrange.9876

ShasOrange.9876

Got to love how all these hardcore WvW’s think this is somehow going to give them the edge they need to win. I only ever see BL’s have to queue up once a week, an it’s only ever one BL at a time. The rest of the week it’s practically empty, meaning anyone banking, crafting, or even going afk isn’t really affecting much. Anet literally has smashed together different WvW servers to get map populations up, but sure “it’s those pesky PvE crafters that are ruining WvW, lets chase them out, because that will totally fix WvW’s problems”.

And sure, you guys may think those random PvE players jumping in to help occasionally are useless, but last time I checked, there was no food item or buff for carrying another +10-15 supply. So if WvW is absolutely only for the hardcore, enjoy burning more time running to get more supply to get siege weapons up.

in WvW

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Got to love how all these hardcore WvW’s think this is somehow going to give them the edge they need to win. I only ever see BL’s have to queue up once a week, an it’s only ever one BL at a time. The rest of the week it’s practically empty, meaning anyone banking, crafting, or even going afk isn’t really affecting much. Anet literally has smashed together different WvW servers to get map populations up, but sure “it’s those pesky PvE crafters that are ruining WvW, lets chase them out, because that will totally fix WvW’s problems”.

And sure, you guys may think those random PvE players jumping in to help occasionally are useless, but last time I checked, there was no food item or buff for carrying another +10-15 supply. So if WvW is absolutely only for the hardcore, enjoy burning more time running to get more supply to get siege weapons up.

Gotta agree

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Ok but, in either scenario you start from pve zones before entering wvw, so craft before you go to wvw?

Already answered. Not going to talk in circles.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I WvW every day provided I have time. Removing the crafting stations from WvW means I can’t craft while scouting etc. which means I will spend less time in WvW each day.
Please put the crafting stations back so I can WvW more.

BTW you usually find more people afking at the spawn entry point or at the Trading Post guy than at the crafting stations.

in WvW

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

I had a 2 min 40 second LA load the day of the change.

I keep a kitchen timer by my PC to set alarms for various GW2 events. I figured I’d use it to count up that time.

It’s usually not that bad, more like 20 seconds. I have a middling PC but with an SSD added. But 8-10 seconds is really good, I’m envious.

(edited by Morte.5916)

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

What we have here as a discussion, is about a lost convenience for people that use GW2 for WvW and PVE. For those using only WvW, they impose their selfishness on a service that was not really affecting them, This is a myth., to be consumed by fools.
The real reason for the change is that ANet wants to make more money with their inconvenient airpass system.
For those WvW that only do WvW, you will get this, as a thank you note from many of those that play both worlds, we’ll come less often or stop coming.
What is your benefit: Guild crowds that will ravage your maps and much less peoples to defend and scout.
Scouting and fixing camp problems, killing Dolyaks, guards etc is a thankless job and is done often by people hopping in to clean the maps and restore services. This is what is being degraded here. So, full time WvW, let me tell you this: You will suffer from being so obtuse, sooner or later and I hope you enjoy your empty maps.
WvW is up for the Slow Death, as simple as that. Anybody doing PVE, knows very well that we can make far more gold and having far more interesting drops in PVE than in WvW. Anybody running any outfit needing traffic knows this basic truth: ‘you need to attract peoples for success, not make their life more miserable’. It is easy to understand that if one is in a spot, waiting for a dragon to appear for example and having some free time , that they use in WvW to clean their bags, to clean up a few camps and maybe a tower and go back to the dragon fight, as an example, they won’t bother to come anymore, this is what the short-sighted get. Same applies to commanders whispering for help, they will be much more likely to be ignored.

(edited by Cybil Song.2359)

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

What we have here as a discussion, is about a lost convenience for people that use GW2 for WvW and PVE. For those using only WvW, they impose their selfishness on a service that was not really affecting them, This is a myth., to be consumed by fools.
The real reason for the change is that ANet wants to make more money with their inconvenient airpass system.
For those WvW that only do WvW, you will get this, as a thank you note from many of those that play both worlds, we’ll come less often or stop coming.
What is your benefit: Guild crowds that will ravage your maps and much less peoples to defend and scout.
Scouting and fixing camp problems, killing Dolyaks, guards etc is a thankless job and is done often by people hopping in to clean the maps and restore services. This is what is being degraded here. So, full time WvW, let me tell you this: You will suffer from being so obtuse, sooner or later and I hope you enjoy your empty maps.
WvW is up for the Slow Death, as simple as that. Anybody doing PVE, knows very well that we can make far more gold and having far more interesting drops in PVE than in WvW. Anybody running any outfit needing traffic knows this basic truth: ‘you need to attract peoples for success, not make their life more miserable’. It is easy to understand that if one is in a spot, waiting for a dragon to appear for example and having some free time , that they use in WvW to clean their bags, to clean up a few camps and maybe a tower and go back to the dragon fight, as an example, they won’t bother to come anymore, this is what the short-sighted get. Same applies to commanders whispering for help, they will be much more likely to be ignored.

You perfectly summed it up. Low tier servers didn’t have that much of an issue with queues, and there was a significant amount of people that jumped in WvW after a world boss, emptied bags, used bank, crafted some things, and then made themselves useful by doing things like flipping camps, sentries, getting towers etc. Of course, that’s not “epic PvP fights”, yet it’s useful for server tactics and PPT. Now, instead of this, they’ll just hop in WvW (or HoTM) and then take the direct gate to LA. So great for population issues !

And I must say I’m a bit disappointed by this move ANet. Wasn’t there a poll making you focus on scoring changes, instead of quality of life ones ?

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Can’t agree enough with these two posts. Have fun hardcore WvW with less numbers. I wonder how much longer it’ll be before they actual do server merges due to lack of populations.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Cybil Song.2359 has a very good point. The last thing a brick and mortar business normally want to do is to discourage the small spenders who wanders in, looks around, maybe buys a thing or two then wanders back out again. They want these irregular customers to become regular customers.

Now, with this change, what’s the incentive for the PvE players who used to wander in, do some crafting then decide to explore or try out this or that in WvW. They’ll forget it’s there if they don’t have a non WvW reason to go there. They’ll just port to some city, craft, then port to some other PvE map and never think of WvW at all. This change halts a lot of PvE foot traffic through WvW for no real gain in queue time and makes WvW an out of sight and out of mind feature for these players.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I agree with this. Even though I never crafted in WvW many of the people I run with in WvW would stop to craft things they needed during ‘down’ times etc. I hardly ever saw more than a couple people at the crafting stations, let alone a bunch. The times that I went to these stations for anything at all was to get into my bank.. super convenient!

Now seriously due to a few people and ANet’s believing that this was actually a problem causing thing.. we have lost these very useful to WvW people items!!! sheesh.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

Popping in to craft often resulted in me hearing shouts for help with this or that and playing hours of wvw I wasn’t even meaning to.
I never saw more than 1-2 people crafting at any given time. It seems a “fix” to a non-issue, even if some people got irked seeing one or two people not actively participating. It’s no worse than people afk in spawn on other bls or ebg.

in WvW

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Hi all. First all, I am totally agree with Cybil Song. And I just log in to add my thoughts.
At the end of the day, ANet did 1+1=2, but they say they don’t wanted that “2”. What i means? They put (on WvWvW of course) 2 servers together first, now 3 servers together…. But, how they don’t want the queue? Sorry, but they causes the queue and now are telling us it is because us. I am not telling that “paired” is a good thing or is a bad thing, don’t twist my words because my post is not about it. I am just saying what logic it is and the intention behind. Like fix a problem that wasn’t exist before they creates.
Many acts, many things have one clearly intention, and other(s) hidden. Take my post: have the clearly intention of show my feelings, but maybe hide one (or more than one) to see that stations back (no matter if that is possible or not).
Good luck and see you.

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The more I think of this “fix” the more it strikes me as a knee jerk reaction to a suddenly noticed situation instead of a thoughtful, well considered response. It’s ANet fixing a problem with a hammer when they should have used a screwdriver, or maybe not fixed at all because it actually wasn’t a problem but something to keep.

They noticed they have queues and they noticed there are a handful of people crafting. Instead of thinking it through they decided that removing crafting would remove the queues.

They didn’t consider the impact on all the PvE players that jump to WvW to craft and return to spot (And how did they possibly miss this? Aren’t they supposed to be playing the game also) or they knew but didn’t care that this would impact PvE players so much.

They didn’t consider the impact on the foot traffic through WvW from casual PvE. Any manager of a business knows that the hard part is getting people in the door. Selling what you’ve got to them is easy compared to that. By actively discouraging causal PvE foot traffic they’ll now have that many fewer people coming in through the “WvW door”. They’ll have that many fewer people who will come in to craft and stay to play. They’ll have that many fewer people who will try WvW at all because they have no reason to go there in the first place.

ANet. If it was your goal to actively discourage casuals from going in to WvW for PvE reasons and staying to give it a try then this was a good move. If it wasn’t, then maybe you should reconsider anything that decreases the numbers of people who try WvW out, because they never go there at all.

If it was a handful of people crafting, why not simply increase WvW population caps by the average number that affected the queues instead of removing a reason for people to go to WvW.

If your wish was to decrease the numbers of people visiting WvW but still allow ease of crafting for PvEers, how about putting crafting tables on the PvP lobby. It will be the same for PvEers and WvW players wont have to worry about PvE casuals going to WvW and impacting their queues (or doing anything at all in WvW for that matter).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Sorry to see them go, it was a really nice convenience to pop in there, craft whatever, then back out. Having to WP to town and back isn’t nearly as smooth.

Another QoL gone from the game.

you realize that in wvw queues are everything right?
i could not care less if you have to spend 1s to find a crafting station.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Sorceress.2387

Mighty Sorceress.2387

I wish crafting stations would be made available in guild halls. We would be able to pop in and out and not lose our last location. Problem solved:)

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m disappointed with this change too. I’m honestly curious as to which server apparently has so many people just sitting at the crafting stations that it was honestly blocking players from getting into their Home Borderlands. I’m on a T1 server too (Tarnished Coast), and outside of reset night, there is NEVER a queue for our Home Borderlands. All the action happens in EBG. The other Borderlands tend to be near-empty except for roamers and the odd mini-raid by guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

I’d love to see the difference in “entering the map” population from before and after the crafting stations were removed. I’d love to see whether there was a significant drop in the number of players participating in WvW, especially amongst low rank (below mid-Bronze or maybe Silver or whatever) players. I cannot but help suspect that there has been a noticeable decrease in population and participation already. For myself, I already stopped caring about WvW after linking (not even my points, so why even bother?), but now I am even less likely to see my servermates call for help on the home borderland, because I won’t be there, because I will be standing around some Tyrian city refining my stacks of elder wood logs for guild upgrades for WvW tactics… Now isn’t that some irony!

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

“Filthy casuals”

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Its a great move, thx Anet, has been issue for past 2 years.

Being from the biggest PvE server Europe, Desolation, it has been huge problem having 15+ people afk at crafting stations at primetime crafting something.

Also when were losing fights people go afk crafting something instead of leaving map.

People can still access their personal bank in WvW by using guild registrar.

HotM bank was closer anyways.

Theres crafting stations in other cities than LA. If you wanna “craft your sharpening stones” just check do you have enough at the start of MU and make sure you have enough for whole MU or something, its just a change in crafting style (crafting once a week takes less time overall than crafting sharpening stones every day as well)

If scouts complain about not being able to scout while crafting, boohoo, get some friends, get server community guild or something, WvW is a teamgame, I lost plenty of garries cuz I had to go craft ascended gear.

Desert bls were empty though so I crafted there, not on alpine maps, whenever there was outnumbered buff there was enemy blob (cuz no roamers on dead maps, no1 on EU likes desert maps). But hopefully we will have 2 alpine and 1 dbl so we will have 1 dead border in EU and 2 alive border.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

If scouts complain about not being able to scout while crafting, boohoo, get some friends, get server community guild or something, WvW is a teamgame, I lost plenty of garries cuz I had to go craft ascended gear.

Because leaving the borderlands in order to craft your gear will make your response time better… Logic?

in WvW

Threather.9354

Because leaving the borderlands in order to craft your gear will make your response time better… Logic?

Losing an objective because you were doing something non-wvw related is not that big of a deal. We have community guild on desolation and we invite people of our linked server to it. We kick people not on server in it, you can see who is on the server from achievement page in guild wars page. Its just arrangement issue, there doesnt need to be a leader or any discussion in the community guild, just invite all scouts in it and you will feel much safer.

It solves more issues than brings to myself as a person who likes to play on home border. Also I do not like the fact that if i go to Gandara bl, I know we will beat Gandara in fights because they have 10-20 man smaller blob. Crafting stations make fights worse and defending against big numbers as well.
Maybe its not an issue in NA because you run small groups anyways but if you had faced 80 man Far shiverpeaks blob on home bl everyday last summer with only 30 man defending with queue on map, you would agree that this change is good.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Maybe its not an issue in NA because you run small groups anyways but if you had faced 80 man Far shiverpeaks blob on home bl everyday last summer with only 30 man defending with queue on map, you would agree that this change is good.

Yes, it was an issue for NA too, across many servers. The change is good, they just need to put some crafting tables in HotM lobby because it can be used by anyone with or without a guild, regardless of their story line/ game progress the same way WvW was being used without losing their place on their maps. I also hope they will remove the other issues that are artificially inflating the WVW population as well so transfer fees and linking will be more accurate. Players that use WvW just to farm or craft are harming the population count and it is being used against the server they are on.

Problem with having the crating stations in guild halls and other areas is it makes them only accessible to people who have those resources already. WvW was accessible to everyone so somewhere like the PvP lobby would be an adequate replacement accessible to all.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

They never should have been there.

Would be nice if there was a banker where the stations used to be though

Siren – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Threather.9354

They said theyll add banker in Home bl + eb to make up for the crafting stations. Cuz anet luvs us and WvW <3

in WvW

Posted by: davidiven.9408

davidiven.9408

idk why many people cry about this change, yeah it’s cool and convenient, I like it too, but if anet remove i’m fine, just spend some silver to wp

in WvW

skullmount.1758

idk why many people cry about this change, yeah it’s cool and convenient, I like it too, but if anet remove i’m fine, just spend some silver to wp

Its not the silver thats the issue for us (at least me anyways), its the time factor. Some of us have long load times for the city maps, whereas the borderlands was a faster load. Theres also the time it takes to run back to where we were.

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Plop those crafting stations in the PVP waiting zone. Same zone in and zone out effect as wvw but doesn’t actively take a slot from someone who actually wants to play the game mode.

SBI

in WvW

Threather.9354

What they should do is:
1) Make so that you can queue in PvP while youre in PvE
2) Add crafting stations in PvP lobby
So all PvE players will be in PvP, PvP players in PvE and WvW players in WvW
Perfect for WvW player like me.

in WvW

skullmount.1758

Plop those crafting stations in the PVP waiting zone. Same zone in and zone out effect as wvw but doesn’t actively take a slot from someone who actually wants to play the game mode.

Except HotM has just as long a load (if not longer, depends on time of day) than loading in to LA. Also, exiting mists (at leasts for me) tends to move me to LA (even though I don’t use the LA portal…) instead of putting me back to where I started.

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

This change seems to cater to only the most “hardcore” and “serious” of WvW players. Just going to throw this out there: if you’re truly “coming prepared” for WvW, you won’t even be needing to stop at a bank in WvW before you get on with your very serious business, so the bank NPC in Citadel would be fairly unnecessary for the “hardcore” players. Real serious WvW players would be be stationed in a fully upgraded keep anyways, wouldn’t they?

in WvW

skullmount.1758

This change seems to cater to only the most “hardcore” and “serious” of WvW players. Just going to throw this out there: if you’re truly “coming prepared” for WvW, you won’t even be needing to stop at a bank in WvW before you get on with your very serious business, so the bank NPC in Citadel would be fairly unnecessary for the “hardcore” players. Real serious WvW players would be be stationed in a fully upgraded keep anyways, wouldn’t they?

Along those lines, both the forge and the TP should also, which I’m in favor of, since apparently the crafting stations weren’t needed either.

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Depraved Ambience.7942

Along those lines, both the forge and the TP should also, which I’m in favor of, since apparently the crafting stations weren’t needed either.

Which is why this seems like such a silly and illogical change. Either everything should stay or everything should go. Either make all WvW players go to PvE for any of that related stuff, or allow PvE players use that related stuff in WvW (which is often how they get curious about WvW and become WvW players).

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Why have they removed/moved crafting stations? now i cant do food and other food.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

How often do you craft gear? If you’re coming into WvW without gear constantly, I’m not even sure if response time is the issue.

I’m sure I could think of a fringe instance or two where you want this ultimate gear right now but I can’t imagine it happening on such a frequency that makes it relevant.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Cybil Song.2359

I used to craft foods for the players on my server (banquet). I can’t justify the time and nuisance to go to Lion Arch to do this anymore.
That is certainly one drawback of loosing the stations last night i had to go to refine my daily in Lion Arch and come back so, i had no time to answer to a distress call on my server.
I’m sure this is a great improvement for the WvW community.
See…, my time online is limited there is a real life as well so i try to do my priorities and WvW just went down the list.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m pretty sure those saying they respond to calls for distress are fibbing. Or exaggerating.

Scout types don’t tend to care much about crafting — some don’t even care if they get their daily’s or not.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I used to craft foods for the players on my server (banquet). I can’t justify the time and nuisance to go to Lion Arch to do this anymore.
That is certainly one drawback of loosing the stations last night i had to go to refine my daily in Lion Arch and come back so, i had no time to answer to a distress call on my server.
See…, my time online is limited there is a real life as well so i try to do my priorities and WvW just went down the list.

Are you serious? Craft the food in advance and put them in your bank. Your trying to make a problem out of nothing for the sake of making an argument against this change. If you care about helping your server, try actually going into wvw and doing something instead of standing at a craft table doing something that could have been done well in advance.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: pyxxel.2198

pyxxel.2198

Have Anet actually come up with an explanation why they did this? Has anyone seen any official comment or statement?

EDIT —- Found it.

Hello everyone,

Many of you have been inquiring as to why we made the decision to remove the crafting stations in WvW. We made this decision because we have been seeing an increase in queue times with world linking. Upon observation we found there have been players taking up space in the maps who are only crafting and not participating with their teams. However, we’ve been listening to your feedback today and we wanted to let you know that we will be adding a banker to each team starting area in EB, Alpine and Desert. Thank you for the continued feedback!

(edited by pyxxel.2198)

in WvW

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

This is a very good change that should have been in since launch. Having them in the WvW maps is like having them in the SPVP maps. It just doesn’t make sense. Those that are complaining need to spend the 2s to go to LA or a home city and get over it. If you have issues loading(which I seriously think is a lie)then lower your graphics settings or upgrade your system. Either one will work. My daughter always loads about 30s after I do. 30 seconds is not worth complaining about plus I am sure you get the same load times going to a BL. So the real issue is just that you want instant convenience to crafting with out needing to pay travel cost. All the other reasons for complaining about this change are hypotheticals you all came up with because your real reason for being upset you know will be ignored.

in WvW

Cybil Song.2359

Are you serious? Craft the food in advance and put them in your bank. Your trying to make a problem out of nothing for the sake of making an argument against this change. If you care about helping your server, try actually going into wvw and doing something instead of standing at a craft table doing something that could have been done well in advance.

I am serious… after what I read here, on this thread, with all of the extremist comments, i saw here, it made me realize the kind of individuals are on WvW. Why should I do any extras for this kind of crowd? Now , I come in, do some easy stuff that pays me, like dailies, and I’m out. I’m sure the WvW purist will take care of the rest, I still have some advantages from it in PVE, that’s enough from me. I took WvW too seriously, before. WvW is not a religion for me, it may be for some, but not for me and I play here since day one.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Let’s not even talk about WvW.

There’s a reason why there’s no crafting stations in HoT maps or in dungeons/fractals/raids and I’ve never seen requests for them. Can you imagine what it’d be like if people stopped in the middle of a fractal run “BRB need to craft, we’ll be 4% more effective after 15 minutes!”. You’d be booted, and for good reason.

What about people that are in a full map for Dragon’s Stand? Would it be cool if they just went in that crafting? What if I go into these things and halfway through I realized I didn’t bring my best food? I deal with it, and get prepared next time like anyone else who actually cares about using the best stuff. If you actually cared about optimizing the run with overpriced crap like Gnashblade and Bountiful Sharpening Stones, you’d also properly manage your inventory too. As for feasts, well, if I don’t have one, I just summon a trader and buy it right away.

This kind of behavior isn’t acceptable anywhere else. Why would it be acceptable in WvW?

Back when gold was harder to get I understand, but with dailies giving 2 gold every day, please seek out more time efficient ways for your crafting needs.

EDIT: What you really need to campaign for is a better Lion’s Arch setup. As is, if you’re crafting in Lion’s Arch, you’re probably doing it wrong without a portable Black Lion trader.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)