Requesting Feature: Private Commander Tag

in WvW

Posted by: BonezMcGee.1428

BonezMcGee.1428

Would it be possible to implement a toggle for a Commander Tag so that it would be visible only to your squad/party? (Or maybe just squad/party and other commanders) Would love this for roaming/guild groups that don’t want to be visible on the map, yet still have some order without having to be diligent with Ctrl+T on the leader.
It would be very much appreciated.

Thoughts/Comments?

Cheers,

Max

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Lots of players in the past used to ask for guild only tags so only the guild members would be able to see it. From that we got multiple colored tags and it was still asked for even after colors were added.

Anet then makes an expansion and adds another tag to pve called a mentor tag. I haven’t really seen the wvw’ers ask for the guild tag in a long time but that could be because guilds are losing players so most people are now just pugs now.

Good idea but if they can’t figure out how to just give players guild tags, I don’t think they will figure out how to give players just a party or squad tag..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Has been requested since launch and till today never implemented. However there is a work around for it. Tag up and invite people to the squad, tag down rejoin group and put a target ( ctrl t ) on the driver.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

BonezMcGee.1428

Has been requested since launch and till today never implemented. However there is a work around for it. Tag up and invite people to the squad, tag down rejoin group and put a target ( ctrl t ) on the driver.

The exact work around I’m tired of :/

Would be really nice if this were given some consideration by Anet. On the surface, it does not seem like it is an incredibly complicated task.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

BonezMcGee.1428

Would be nice if both did. And it is such an easy fix, just seemingly overlooked for no real reason.

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

considering how long it took them to add colored commander tags lol

good kittening luck

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

We’ve avoided adding this feature because we don’t believe it would be healthy for WvW. While we can appreciate why some players would want a feature like this, lots of other players only engage in WvW when, upon entering a WvW map, immediately see a commander icon to follow. We try and avoid adding features that can be used to intentionally exclude other players.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

We’ve avoided adding this feature because we don’t believe it would be healthy for WvW. While we can appreciate why some players would want a feature like this, lots of other players only engage in WvW when, upon entering a WvW map, immediately see a commander icon to follow. We try and avoid adding features that can be used to intentionally exclude other players.

Doesnt autoupgrades do that exact same thing? Excluding players…from actually participating in it, was that not considered before it was implemented? I know I know someday, we dont know when yaks will matter again like they did before…

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Jovani.9207

Jovani.9207

for now I would say to just settle for a bum tag. Or start up a squad and use the bum tag that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

The people asking for the private tags are the people who don’t want pugs following them. We aren’t asking for you to remove the current commander tags(keep them as they are so pugs can follow them). I think having pugs follow a group that doesn’t want them might be more frustrating situation for both the pugs and the group than giving the option for squad tags.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

OK leave the 4 basic ones and include a Guild specific one. Put it behind the Guild Hall upgrades.

Edit: And make it to be allowed unseen!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

There are solutions. Abandon your squad. No one take Lead. Rejoin. Win.

in WvW

Posted by: Dotcher.1065

Dotcher.1065

We’ve avoided adding this feature because we don’t believe it would be healthy for WvW. While we can appreciate why some players would want a feature like this, lots of other players only engage in WvW when, upon entering a WvW map, immediately see a commander icon to follow.

As one of those players who only really engages with WvW when there’s a tag to follow, I ask you to reconsider this.

Small guild groups with strong coordination really don’t want players like me around, because quite frankly, I’m more of a hinderance than a help. Back before I learned the difference between closed and open raids, the guild groups I followed made it quite clear they didn’t want me there if I turned up at their tag. Usually politely, occasionally not so much.

Making it halfway across a map (which to a new WvWer can be frustrating in itself) to find a group only to be told you’re not welcome, with or without insults, is far worse an experience than zoning in to find no visible tag at all.

We try and avoid adding features that can be used to intentionally exclude other players.

In this case, the exclusion is inherent to the competitive nature of the game mode, and not really related to the tools provided. Small focused groups simply can’t be as effective without tight coordination. Giving them a tool to help that coordination doesn’t affect the exclusion one way or another; players like me are still only going to be welcome and effective in a large public group.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

That’s a really silly position to take. Not every dev decision should cater to the casuals. Private tags are such a small thing that it shouldn’t matter to anyone. We already work around this, so why just not give us some QoL updates and allow us to tag unseen.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The fact is guilds exclude players anyway. If it could be made invisible it would actually lead to less bad feelings if anything. It just seems like you’re making a unilateral decision about how you think the game should be played and ignoring the reality of the game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

It seems extremely silly to ignore the reality that guild groups have been running tagless for 3 years. May as well just allow them to have a guild only visible tag.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

This is sort of a silly statement. Guild groups and closed raids already happening. By not implementing this feature you’re not actually protecting anything….it’s already happening. I understand that you guys want to try and promote as much coordination as you can, but this is the opposite.

Forcing diametrically opposed playing personalities to play together (I.E. People who tend to be more casual and will enjoy following a pug tag and playing with friends vs a more hardcore super cereal players) will cause more frustration then it will any help.

These groups of players are not telling the others they can’t WvW….what we are asking for is to let these two groups of players play their own way, side by side on a map. You can have your cake and eat it too in this case. This is the part that makes WvW great…both groups can run with their friends or their commander and play on the same map without stepping on each other. If you force them to play together you are in essence actually going to end up hurting more then you are helping.

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in WvW

Posted by: Azazel.5908

Azazel.5908

Telling people not to play as they want (meaning, guilds asking players to leave) must be one the worst ideas I have ever seen getting support around here… What the hell…

I’m ALL for not implementing such a feature.

A lot of people on joining a WvW map will quickly leave it if they find no commander tags on the maps (specially now with low populations). Implementing such feature would make things EVEN WORSE.

Also, is borderline absurd that players are being excluded from game play because some “elitists” think they are the game mode’s owners…

If you want your tagless squad, just ask your squad leader to drop it and just rejoin.

There MUST BE a penalty (a.k.a not having a tag for themselves) for people who do this, otherwise in no time EVERYONE would do it, calling all sorts of “reasons” to justify it..

So NO for invisible tags.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

We try and avoid adding features that can be used to intentionally exclude other players.

O.o I shall refrain from the tossing of kittens upon kittens upon kittens. I may need to go lie down a moment…

OK, now that’s better, I can be serious for a moment. The following is only my personal opinion; therefore, it shouldn’t be construed as fact. It is only opinion.

The quintessential question following the above quote is:

Was Heart of Thorns intentional?

I believe the answer to be yes. I also believe that Heart of Thorns has added numerous features that have excluded players (those that did not purchase Heart of Thorns) from enjoying a lot of content outside of Heart of Thorns. I don’t need to list specifics. If you want specifics take a good long look at the WvW forum, the sPvP forum, the posts about elite specs, etc. etc. etc. Take a good look at this post in particular:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Tactivators-War-Room-Banners-Broken/page/2#post5918343

Just one example of how a feature has been added (Banners) that has excluded others (players without Banners).

holleratchalater,

Fellfoot

Edit: Well, technically, they’re aren’t excluded from playing, They’re certainly excluded from winning a fight. They aren’t being excluded from getting rolfkittenstomped… so… yeah.
Edit2: I misspelled quintessential. lol at myself.
Edit3: Hey look! You see what I did there? I made a mistake. I made a simple mistake, I corrected the mistake, and now I’m acknowleding that I made and corrected a simple mistake… wow… not as hard as I thought it’d be.
Edit4: …and I’m totally not even going to say anything about that “healthy for WvW”
Edit5: There’s so much darkness in that entire statement (not just what I quoted). The darkness is what frustrates me more than anything.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Some players? I have not talked to a commander yet that didn’t want this feature available when needed. So we will have to continue to target the commander instead of using the mark target function as it was intended?

I am not so sure you have ever run with a guild group. Most times we want to have our own objectives and that does not include having 20 rally bots following you around.

If this seems a bit harsh consider that many of us join a guild for a specific purpose. Be it fights, roaming, small scale GvG etc, and even if you don’t give us the ability to follow a guild tag we will continue to just mark our commander. Public tagging is something we don’t normally do so it is not as if you are fixing anything by forcing us to use a public tag.

What we ask for is a QOL for WvW guilds, and not to always exclude others, as there are many players that public tag. Maybe if you guys played more WvW instead of telling us what is good for us then you might just see that!

Edit: thanks for being brave enough to talk to us!

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I don’t get the issue with the squad tag. Teamspeak and a good leader fixes everything, so in my opinion there’s no need to wait for Anet to give you something they refuse to give.

I think the bigger problem is Anet systematically killing WvW by injecting PvE crap into it and contaminating the player base by putting everyone on mega server’s which encourages guilds to exist over multiple servers so it’s less likely a guild will congregate in WvW and play together. Just my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Thanks for communicating this, the players need far more like this!

You certainly have to be careful when “listening to players” because they can be wrong too. But dialogues can lead to far less frustrations when things end badly at implementation level, if we know the reasons why that change was made – and will tolerate more patiently until it is reverted, if needed to.

On this subject, your intentions are great, but the implementation fails. You have players with varied expectations, and the more of them are made happy or content, the better is for the WvW mode as a whole. Yes, most players feel better if there is a tag worth following, even if they just roam or have a private raid. These cdr players should be valued by your company above everything else, and if special rewards are not an option, being extra careful to their needs would be the least you should do.

Being a tag of an entire map, is extremely stressful, you should try it sometimes. These players deserve to rest when they need it. That includes active rest, as in leading a smaller oganized private group, which is far less straining than leading newbies and randoms. You should want to keep these commanders happy, for the sake of the WvW.

Also like others said, from a follower standpoint, it’s very unpleasant to be kicked from a squad you joined, not knowing that is a private raid. Or being asked to leave. Neither side is wrong, but the game is poorly designed if this happens. Sorry that I’m saying this. There are MANY things you could do to reduce these situations*, but not to eradicate them: everyone has the right to play at times solo, in small group, in medium group or a full map “blob”, right? It’s not like WvW means 1 tag and everyone is following that… or it is? Not even 2 or 3 tags without more smaller groups.

*off topic here, but just ask away in another topic, the players are more than willing to explain their reasons and potential solutions to them.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

The team cares about what’s good for WvW? It sure hasn’t shown.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Guild only tag would be useful even in PVE!! (lets see if that works) Sometimes you want other people to follow you but other times you just want your guildies. Way it is right now you only have the option to have others follow you. Just want another option for guidies only.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

The team cares about what’s good for WvW? It sure hasn’t shown

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Two things:
What about commander tags within squads?
If you folks were so intent on not adding features and making changes which would be considered unhealthy for the WvW community, perhaps you should look into other recent changes which have actually been unhealthy for WvW, such as the meta event which lags the whole borderland, the banners which screw over many players or the airstrike thing which lags most SM fights.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

As opposed to the past and present WvW decisions made by Anet that are clearly healthy for WvW ? How’s that going for you guys ?

There will always be players that pugmand and there will always be players that refuse to pugmand. Having a guild only tag would not change this in any shape or form.

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

This is a very sad response considering all guilds do anyways is just target the driver.

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

The fact is guilds exclude players anyway. If it could be made invisible it would actually lead to less bad feelings if anything. It just seems like you’re making a unilateral decision about how you think the game should be played and ignoring the reality of the game.

Ohai, you must be new here (joke but you should get the point). Pretty much it’s how feel it’s been. My guild, while not being large, would have LOVED to have this feature nearly 2 years ago, or even a year ago, even when running small. And no, even for a group of 10 or less a ‘raid’ squad isn’t practical since targeting is all kinds of messed up that way, no idea if squads are any better as I despise the harassment spam of invites in pve as it is, and wouldn’t join a pug squad in wvw. We never really told people they weren’t welcome when we ran as a group, but as soon as we saw a pug that we hadn’t seen fight before, the reaction was basically oh great, here is someone that will be a hindrance (ok even now when we run 3-4 and of course no tag we say the same thing). This is precisely why we went out of our way to run tagless for ~10. And while it sounds mean, and kinda is, randoms/pugs get treated as just disposable fodder. However, if they know how to fight, and how to follow a coordinated group? Then nothing at all against them. In fact, have had some fun runs that way, all of which were tagless runs, and it was never our nature to verbally attack people and tell them to go away, although one alternative tactic guilds do is to run far into a map, then ditch them by suddenly waypointing elsewhere, or intentionally running them into a group, and then bailing on them. Since this kind of behavior is already occurring, how this stance helps anyone is beyond me.

That cannot be enjoyable to those already excluded. If a guild wants to run tagless now, and they can and do, it’s the same as if the commander tag just wasn’t visible to non-guild or non-squad. But hey, the way I loved WvW is pretty much a disaster at this point, with the fun far more sparse, so it doesn’t really matter anymore even if you did implement this kind of feature. Obviously that doesn’t stop me from commenting.

Edit: So I sound less like I’m attacking a specific Dev and don’t want to contribute to them being afraid to post a response >.>, and not wanting to shoot the messenger. The response, which is so rare as to be a shock, is appreciated, just not the message, as it doesn’t quite mesh with what is already done.

Edit @ Azazel: If you see this, this is ALREADY done A LOT. It’s been very common. Why shouldn’t a guild be able to have a sign they themselves can see, without having a giant sign calling to everyone else? When those random people show up, it can ruin the gameplay for the guild, and see above for what happens then.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

lol wtf…
People have been playing tagless for 3 years, by targetting the driver and now by leaderless squads. THIS WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN because people want to run as a -guild- in a game called GUILD WARS. Its totally different style of play having a closed raid vs open, and many of us hate to run tagged with our guild as we end up with 60 people following making any sort of meaningful fight impossible.
Get a clue Anet seriously, this has been going on for 3 years already and you’re just putting inconvenient barriers in the way from what people actually want.

People will still tag for pugmanding, WHEN THEY WANT TO.

(edited by Argos Helios.4965)

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Would it be possible to implement a toggle for a Commander Tag so that it would be visible only to your squad/party? (Or maybe just squad/party and other commanders) Would love this for roaming/guild groups that don’t want to be visible on the map, yet still have some order without having to be diligent with Ctrl+T on the leader.
It would be very much appreciated.

Thoughts/Comments?

Cheers,

Max

Our community has setup inofficial rules for that:

Blue tag: open raid
Yellow tag: closed guild raid
All other tags: scouts, havoc or focus groups

It doesn’t work always but for the most part our people stick to that. It also helps to talk in a friendly way to players running after your group if unwanted.

Thats why we need community driven servers and not megaservered eotm kittens.

in WvW

Posted by: InfernusX.4936

InfernusX.4936

By not adding Private Tags and forcing tags to be seen by everyone is excluding me and others from the game as guild groups often don’t want to run with people who don’t listen to the driver or people who refuse to get on ts. If we wished to lead pugs we would pop a commander tag for all to see. We choose not too and should not be punished for that decision. Don’t you see that you can’t force us to include randoms who refuse to cooperate properly in our rallies? Please consider adding guild or private tags so that guilds or privately running groups can operate properly and avoid excluding the hardcore players from the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

This is why I and so many left, not this topic in particular but the response. They literally have no idea what is good or bad for WvW it’s like the team was hand picked from a line up of people that live in opposite land.

They need to hire someone who’s sole job is to walk around and face palm employees that have dumb ideas, it would be the hardest working employee in the office.

in WvW

Posted by: Fizzee.1762

Fizzee.1762

Don’t worry guys, this is basically the same excuse we were given 3 years ago when we asked for raid frames.
Fortunately, when PvE or sPvP needs something we get it too.. All you need to do it find a reason that this should be implemented and post it on the raid or sPvP forum and you’ll get it implemented in weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: lepewpwn.4726

lepewpwn.4726

People can be so dramatic. I don’t see why private commander tags need to be a thing. If random wvw players join in then whats the problem exactly? If you’re trying to conduct a guild wvw event, then the more the merrier. If random players can interfere to an extent that you can’t complete your guild event, then that kind of interference (due to numbers) is a problem many would be glad to have. Its a recruitment opportunity for your guild.

If you have a problem using commander tag on your server, as it interferes with your server’s regular map commander, then its your server’s issue. They need to deal with it.

I run my guild’s wvw activities, and to this day I do not think any second of development time should be wasted towards developing private commander tag.

Could it be harmful? Of course. Guilds could decide to only put up a private commander tag, effectively forcing random players to join guilds to participate in wvw. That is a worse outcome than what we have at the moment.

Random players are not a negative reason to implement an enhancing feature. Thats the kind of elitist logic that I’m glad should not be entertained.

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

This is the answer of anet and that’s what you have to do it with. End of discussion.

Anet your the weakest link, good bye

Piken Square

(edited by ImLegion.4018)

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

And generally, lots of commanders will run public raids or pugmand for these people. But I cannot stress enough that there are a lot of dedicated, hardcore WvW players who play highly organized and do not want random pugs following them.

Leaving out this feature has two unfortunate side effects:
- It’s either a nuisance to the guild group because they have to find ways to avoid having a tag up. This is usually done by running a tagless squad or not using the squad UI at all. Doing this, you need to have a constant target on the commander so it effectively removes the target call feature from gameplay, which is a shame.
- Or it results in verbal abuse of the pugs when they show up to follow a group that wants to play alone. Some of us kindly ask them not to follow, others are more blunt. In any case, it’s not a good experience for the people you’re trying to help with this decision.

I realize that you like to cater to casual players in WvW, but as one of many people who prefer the tactical and communicative requirements of WvW fights over sPvP as a competitive environment, I can tell you it would be much appreciate if you would show some love for the more dedicated WvW players.

(edited by vana.5467)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

It’s not much more welcoming for new players to beeline to the guild raids and be told in no uncertain terms to kitten off because, well, it’s a guild raid. Many servers use different tag colours to differentiate between open and guild raids, but not all do, and an inexperienced player wouldn’t know anyway.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Bartender.1674

Bartender.1674

ITT: Kids want candy, Anet tells them no because Anet is a responsible parent, kids whine and tell Anet that if they don’t get the candy they will take it anyway

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Well let’s put all the WvW decisions that anet has made in a row and check which have been healthy. The list will show how detrimental almost all of anets decisions have been to WvW. So the attitude that you the developers know best just needs to be dropped.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

ITT: Kids want candy, Anet tells them no because Anet is a responsible parent, kids whine and tell Anet that if they don’t get the candy they will take it anyway

more like… kids want candy, parent anet says no, so kids accept heroin laced candy from the homeless bum on the street (just like theyve been doing for years) because parent anet refuses to hand out real candy.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Avoiding to make features that can be used to intentionally exclude players sounds great on the surface, but the nature of any group excludes others. It’s like communism, great idea on the surface, but it doesn’t really work out because it’s not designed with human nature in mind.

Though I must say, it seems to me, most players develop their own interesting ways of having said tagless or especially tagged guild groups. (I quite like how there’s a server with such a tag systen)

If you don’t want tagless commanders, what about an icon for Guilds especially? Like a small guild shield. Also showing whether a squad is locked or not locked can help to show whether it’s invite only or locked. (Strange features with the presented argument in mind)

If the idea of a player entering a WvW map and not seeing any commander there is such a problem. Then aren’t there other systems that can alleviate that problem? (Showing how many players are on the map, Showing where they are, either precisely or roughly)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Squad, Guild, All should be the chose.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

So it is better as a casual player to run to a Commander Tag and get flamed from the guild because you are running with them?

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Guys, give him a break. At least he’s responding to us. Even if you don’t agree (I don’t agree either), there’s no reason to go all on the offensive.

That said: the tag does not need to be exclusive, does it? What if every party gets a leader with a small tag?

That does not seem to be exclusive. What is really exclusive is the fact that parties can only consist of 5 people each. This is way more “divisive” than making a tag for groups.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I don’t see any harm in a private tag. People run around without a tag in their guild group anyway so adding this won’t change a darned thing. Well only 1 thing, Quality of Life.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I’ve always wanted private tags but with the changes to the number of rallys I’m not even sure if rallybots matter that much anymore. (I’m talking about 2-3 pugs not 20)
The only reason for us (and surely for many others as well) to refuse random was because 1 dead “noob” leaded to 5 enemies alive.

If there only were players on the borders to see how this affects fights now…

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

One of the main reasons we like to run tagless is because if we have a tag up we attracted a zerg of 40 (Tier 3). So you have 15 of us, 25 randoms against 20-30 randoms. The other side never had any chance, gets flattened and stops coming back. We don’t get the fights we want, the enemy gets rolled and nobody has fun.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

forum bug bleh…

(edited by gavyne.6847)