Resistance Nerf

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Ugh, please nerf this…such an OP boon…should be a boon that stacks like stability, and each stack should protect a player from one incoming application of cripple, chill or immobilize…it should basically be to movement-impeding conditions what stability is to cc’s like stun, knockdown, daze, etc….that or just have each stack of resistance protect a player from one incoming condition, damaging or non-damaging.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As has been said before if resistance is nerfed then condi’s have to be nerfed at the same time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Belexes.4923

Belexes.4923

Since conditions have been around from the beginning and resistance has not, I think it would be no problem whatsoever to nerf resistance without touching conditions. Nothing ties the two together.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Since conditions have been around from the beginning and resistance has not, I think it would be no problem whatsoever to nerf resistance without touching conditions. Nothing ties the two together.

And people have been complaining about condi’s from the beginning as well.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Condi damage for the last few months has increased by a lot, resistance counters that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

There’s more boon ripping in the game than ever before, and the lethality of conditions is much greater now too. As morrolan said, you’d have to accept some sort of across the board nerf to condis if you want resistance gone or radically nerfed.

Frankly though, you should consider yourself lucky when compared to direct damage, which not only has to invest into three stats to get high damage, it also has to contend with the proliferation of damage reduction boons, traits, and gear, as well as the tendency to load damage into large, dodgeable hits.

I’m not sure what you’re playing, but I run a warrior that packs Berserker Stance, Healing Signet, and occasionally boon duration food. Even with that healthy access to resistance, it can be outplayed a few different ways by skillful players.

You have no idea how many times I’ve come across a condi build (necros are the worst for this, but mesmers and the occasional ranger too) who just sit there, spamming out their rotations without even bothering to dodge, as though they haven’t noticed they’re doing zero damage to me. They’ll sometimes eat 10-25k before they even start to move.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Resistance should give a DEGREE of protection from condis…it shouldn’t just make a person totally invulnerable to all condis for X amount of time…that’s how stability used to be before when it just protected people from every cc for X amount of time and it got nerfed, deservedly so, and the way it is now is pretty well-balanced I think…that’s how resistance should be…a boon w/ stacks where each stack is stripped when it protects you from one incoming condi…the way resistance is now is just way too strong, especially when paired with things like boonshare comps or classes like warriors and heralds w/ demon stance who have a lot of access to resistance.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I would be ok if resistance just got adjusted so it either nullifies condi damage, or cc effects, but not both. Resistance right now is way overpowered since it negates both condi damage and cc effects.

In small scale situation resistance can be controlled and corrupted. In larger scale situation such as 25-30 player guild groups running full boonshare comps, resistance is ridiculous and takes any and all sort of counter-play & tactics out of the window.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

No
kitten off
I hope everyone and their dog runs boonshare so this Condi Mesmer+Thief that plague this game mode are gone.

As much as Resistance with high Boon Duration is broken, if it puts off scrubs from running cheese then so be it.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Stanky.7134

Stanky.7134

Resistance couldn’t work like stab due to how often conditions can be applied. Resistance is in a good spot. There’s plenty of boon stripping to negate it. If you’re having a problem with it focus down the folks applying it. What needs to be changed is this condition meta. Power is dead unless you have the numbers and even then condi is still the better choice. If you aren’t trailblazers or minstrels you’re a liability

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Imagine if Protection offered 100% immunity to direct damage? This is basically what Resistance is doing.

Aegis offers 100% immunity but is cleared after 1 hit.

Resistance is akin to an aegis that the attacker can’t clear with boon strip/corruption.

I suggest 3 solutions:

• Model resistance on protection – make it -33% condi damage.
  • Merge resistance and protection – change Protection to offer -33% condi damage, modify all resistance-based skills to have protection instead – this is a nicer solution as it offers something in return for the nerf (a buff to direct damage reduction is received in return for the nerf to condition damage reduction).
  • Model resistance on aegis – resistance clears after condition(s) are is applied.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

No
kitten off
I hope everyone and their dog runs boonshare so this Condi Mesmer+Thief that plague this game mode are gone.

As much as Resistance with high Boon Duration is broken, if it puts off scrubs from running cheese then so be it.

sorry but boonshare isn’t going to stop players from running those builds because those builds are mainly strong in 1vs1 fights. feel free to run around solo with your boonshare build and kill off all the condi roamers you find till they stop playing it.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If they nerf resistance, at least make protection effective against conditions and make weakness apply “half hits” just like every other power build needs to deal with.

Sick of this game favoring skilless builds and passives.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Going to have to reign in a couple condi builds if they mess with resistance. Seems like anet is doing the opposite though. At this point we really need more condi cleanse and/or it needs fixed so it doesn’t take 3 cleanses just to try to dig out the burn/confusion/bleed.

Lots of times this stuff is passive procs or dumped from stealth too. You could throw an aoe or walk through the crowd and end up with a boatload of confusion, burn and covering condis without anyone actually hitting you.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

A lot of players don’t bring cleanses when solo. Many players do when in groups.

Small scale, conditions are effective at overwhelming people who are unprepared to deal with it. Those that are prepared often stay alive, although, it is absolutely possible for them to die as well if they’re not intelligent about when they utilize their cleanses. Much like physical damage, a player can survive if they are intelligent about when they dodge/block, etc. but can quickly be defeated if they’re careless or outplayed.

In 1v1’s, condition builds are often more effective than power builds for their more consistent damage pressure.
Both types of builds require their hits to connect with their target but condition builds can maintain damage over a period of time rather than instantly. There are still hard hitting attacks and utility attacks for both types of builds but the difference is usually more difficult to recognize with condition builds. This is where I believe a lot of the frustration comes from. People are unsure about what they should be avoiding and what they can tank where as with power builds, it’s pretty clear cut what’s going to be painful and what’s not (eg. Warrior Rush versus Bladetrail. Rush = very painful, Bladetrail = utility damage, not very painful).

Condition builds also have more physical defense than power builds while still being able to deal heavy damage. The difference is that conditions are much easier to manage than physical attacks because even if your opponent hits you, you can still deny them the damage by removing the condition(s), applying immunity (Resistance) or by sending the conditions back. If a physical attack hits you, that’s it, it hits you and it deals the damage. It’s instant and if coming from a damage based build, it’s probably going to hurt a lot.

The reason condition builds are allowed to have higher defenses than power builds is those reasons. Because even if the player hits you, you can still deny them their damage. They have recharges and important skills they need to land just like power builds.

For many, I think the issue is just how conditions work. It’s like being shot in the head versus getting cancer. Being shot in the head is power damage, you don’t have any time to think about it or regret it, you’re just dead and that’s it, you f@!#d up. Where as with conditions they’re over time, you’ve got the entire fight to be angry about “why me” and to hate the person who did it to you. Sometimes you’ll even go through the five stages of death… Denying that it hurts, being angry that it hurts, trying to run away (bargaining), depression when you realize that you can’t outrun what’s already on you and eventually acceptance.

The fact of the matter is that condition builds will always be a taboo because of how they work. They are absolutely balanced (with the exception of a few builds. But then, the same can be said for power) but players will never believe that until they understand how they work. Those of us like myself and other individuals who have played/fought many condition builds have learned how to deal with them instead of trying to have them nerfed in to uselessness.

There are OP power builds just like there are OP condition builds and boon spam is no less obnoxious than condition builds. The difference is that boon spam is much more difficult to prevent because few things have access to boon strip and everything has access to massive boon application. Removing condition builds from their viability would only make the game more linear and boring than what it already is. Learning how to fight them and how to play them will help you a lot more than wishing they didn’t exist.

As someone who has played a core conditionmancer for many years (and now mains a power Ranger instead) I want to let you know that the only things I can kill are people who aren’t prepared. Anyone who has decent condition management will eat me for breakfast. I simply cannot keep enough damage on them and cannot withstand the damage they are dealing to me. Although yes, I have potential to deal a very large amount of damage and have very high health, that damage is not instant. Power builds can cut through me far more quickly than I can cut through them because my damage has a ramp up and can be ignored if my target is carrying proper cleanses. This is why I’ve opted to main my Ranger now, my damage is instant and painful. I can kill people a lot more quickly with a Quickening Zephyr -> Rapid Fire rotation than I ever could with a: Grasping Dead -> Enfeebling Blood -> Blood Is Power -> Corrupt Boon -> Dark Path -> Plague Sending -> Tainted Shackles -> Doom rotation. And would you look at that? That’s a whole lot more skills and a lot more complicated than the power build and all of it can be made irrelevant if my target knows how to cleanse it or how to dodge the most dangerous of those skills.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Resistance should be called Immunity since that is what it is. Given how strong boon duration warriors have become, the up time on resistance is typically 70% or more of a fight.

Resistance should work more like toughness does to power or have it lower the duration. No game should have long running abilities that completely shut down enemy offense… especially ones that can be applied passively. This applies to invulnerability as well. That should never happen passively and IMO it should just stack another 1k or so onto the armor not be a complete invuln.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Resistance should be called Immunity since that is what it is. Given how strong boon duration warriors have become, the up time on resistance is typically 70% or more of a fight.

Resistance should work more like toughness does to power or have it lower the duration. No game should have long running abilities that completely shut down enemy offense… especially ones that can be applied passively. This applies to invulnerability as well. That should never happen passively and IMO it should just stack another 1k or so onto the armor not be a complete invuln.

The problem is that conditions are far too powerful, and everybody runs them. In WvW without resistance, you often get 5+ conditions on you. Cleanse them, and you have them back on you in less than 10 seconds. That’s the problem, it’s too easy to give conditions to people, and for them to stack. Without resistance, we’re back to the problem of condi running zergs (such as Mag’s) dominating the game mode because there’s no counter. Resistance IS the counter to conditions.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I don’t think anybody’s calling for resistance to be removed completely, just toned down. When you have a spammable boon that completely negates all condi damage and cc effects such as fear, immob, cripple, chill, you take away counter-play and tactics.

Corrupt resistance? Sure, but resistance get put right back up, and all those corrupted boons affect absolutely nothing. Resistance nerfed the point to corrupt boons, because resistance effectively counters whatever boons you corrupt. And believe me, as a necro I know the cd to my well of corruption and corrupt boon, they are nowhere as readily available as a single rev that could pump resistance to a full group of people.

This isn’t a big problem on a small scale, such as solo/small group roaming. But it’s a big problem when it comes to say a solid 25-30 guild group rolling boonshare, they pretty much will have perma boons and resistance. They’ll have 1 rev per group and there’s no shortage of resistance. It’s like we’re given all these skills & utilities, but 1 boon renders them useless.

As for WvW pre-resistance? That’s pre-HoT, and as I remember, there was always enough cleanses to go around. Condi did not rule ZvZ. Condi was always preferred more on a small scale. Of course HoT changed a lot of things. But for devs to just toss in 1 boon that nullifies all condi damage & cc’s, that’s just lazy design in my opinion.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

I don’t think anybody’s calling for resistance to be removed completely, just toned down. When you have a spammable boon that completely negates all condi damage and cc effects such as fear, immob, cripple, chill, you take away counter-play and tactics.

Corrupt resistance? Sure, but resistance get put right back up, and all those corrupted boons affect absolutely nothing. Resistance nerfed the point to corrupt boons, because resistance effectively counters whatever boons you corrupt. And believe me, as a necro I know the cd to my well of corruption and corrupt boon, they are nowhere as readily available as a single rev that could pump resistance to a full group of people.

This isn’t a big problem on a small scale, such as solo/small group roaming. But it’s a big problem when it comes to say a solid 25-30 guild group rolling boonshare, they pretty much will have perma boons and resistance. They’ll have 1 rev per group and there’s no shortage of resistance. It’s like we’re given all these skills & utilities, but 1 boon renders them useless.

As for WvW pre-resistance? That’s pre-HoT, and as I remember, there was always enough cleanses to go around. Condi did not rule ZvZ. Condi was always preferred more on a small scale. Of course HoT changed a lot of things. But for devs to just toss in 1 boon that nullifies all condi damage & cc’s, that’s just lazy design in my opinion.

Sounds more like boonshare needs to be nerfed.

[hS]

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Mezmere.3241

Mezmere.3241

If you’re going to nerf resistance to the amount of protection, then you need to nerf condi stats. make them take 3 stats to get a good amount of damage like it is with physical. The cry about resistance is upsetting to see, knowing how overpowered and strong condis are. Resistance is the only counter to conditions in the current meta, as a guilded group you CANNOT pack nearly enough condi cleanse to counter the meta. If resistance is removed rip wvw. There would have to be a nerf to condis if there was a nerf to resistance

BG – [DwT] Death Watch – Guild Leader

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Straegen.2938

The problem is that conditions are far too powerful, and everybody runs them. In WvW without resistance, you often get 5+ conditions on you. Cleanse them, and you have them back on you in less than 10 seconds.
<…> Resistance IS the counter to conditions.

Conditions in small scale are strong but in skirmish/large scale they are mostly an afterthought. This goes back to the fundamentally flawed all or nothing design of the condi system. In this case two wrongs don’t make a right. Resistance is an “elite” directly accessible by a few and really only one class that can abuse it like no other (Warrior). Creating more all or nothing systems just creates more balance issues… lots more.

Boon Duration should have a soft cap like most stats should in an MMO. The higher the amount the less effective each point becomes. No build in the game should be able to double the duration of boons making boon share crazy OP.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

The problem is that conditions are far too powerful, and everybody runs them. In WvW without resistance, you often get 5+ conditions on you. Cleanse them, and you have them back on you in less than 10 seconds.
<…> Resistance IS the counter to conditions.

Conditions in small scale are strong but in skirmish/large scale they are mostly an afterthought. This goes back to the fundamentally flawed all or nothing design of the condi system. In this case two wrongs don’t make a right. Resistance is an “elite” directly accessible by a few and really only one class that can abuse it like no other (Warrior). Creating more all or nothing systems just creates more balance issues… lots more.

Boon Duration should have a soft cap like most stats should in an MMO. The higher the amount the less effective each point becomes. No build in the game should be able to double the duration of boons making boon share crazy OP.

Actually, conditions are WORSE in ZvZ warfare. All it takes is a well placed condi-bomb and you’ve taken out around 3-5 members of the opposing zerg or slowed them down enough to take them out. That adds up fast, this is why you see organized zergs or guild groups having at least 1 Rev on every squad party to deal with conditions on the party using Resistance.

The main problem with Boonshare is that there’s pretty much no hardcap on the timer for boons. Implement hardcaps on the boon timers, you’ve immediately cut off the head of the boonshare beast.

[hS]

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Actually, conditions are WORSE in ZvZ warfare. All it takes is a well placed condi-bomb and you’ve taken out around 3-5 members of the opposing zerg or slowed them down enough to take them out. That adds up fast, this is why you see organized zergs or guild groups having at least 1 Rev on every squad party to deal with conditions on the party using Resistance.

The main problem with Boonshare is that there’s pretty much no hardcap on the timer for boons. Implement hardcaps on the boon timers, you’ve immediately cut off the head of the boonshare beast.

There is no way condi is worse in zergs than small scale. Condis utterly dominate small scale thanks to a few classes that can apply faster than it is cleared. The Plex nerf slowed that down but surely didn’t stop it.

The vast majority of zerg v zerg is still pirate ship from necros, eles and long range attacks. Even the condi deaths that do occur are often from Corrupt Boon which is more an indictment of Boon Sharing than direct condi classes. I hardly ever see a condition I throw on a player survive more than a second or two in zerg.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Proper group compositions will have significant amount of AoE condition clears. There is no way a condition group will win in a large scale fight because of the number of AoE condition clears that are available.

I’ll make a point about game design. GW2 is a game with (1) power damage, (2) cc conditions, and (3) damage conditions. Anet designed the game with condition clears because armor wasn’t designed to reduce condition damage and because they had a system for removing cc conditions and extended that design to damage conditions.

For this reason damage conditions were balanced around the assumption that a player would equip some cleanses. This, of course, was not designed to reduce condition damage to zero. A condition class in PvP has to be able to do some damage, otherwise it isn’t a fair fight.

People, however, have either less condition clears relative to the application potential of the class they are facing 1 v 1 OR do not equip any condition clears. The first issue can only be addressed by class balance. The second problem is commonly referred to as “learn to play.” The game is not designed to eliminate all damage from conditions (because some players damage can come exclusively from conditions) and so players who fail to equip sufficient condition clears—or who are unable to do so—will take both the “intended amount of damage” and the additional damage beyond that due to not cleansing.

Ideally, Anet should (1) balance the availability of self-condition cleanses, (2) limit the total conditions that may be cleansed by AoE cleanse abilities. The first suggestion would make individuals able to fairly reduce condition damage they take in solo fights. The second would increase the amount of condition damage that a group will take, in order to allow condition builds a better fighting in larger fights.

A final note: sometimes a person gets ganked. They are alone or in a group, but they get focused. By two or three condition damage players at once. And they die horribly. And then they complain that condition damage is OP. If you lost 3 on 1 there is nothing inherently unbalanced about that.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Let’s not forget that resistance has been added after the cap on bleeds, burns, etc. was lifted, since confusion was tuned up to damage even without action, and the introduction of torment (if we’re going to go way back to how the game was first designed).

Maybe they’ve taken the wrong path, but I don’t think condi users can have their cake and eat it too here. There are plenty of ways to rebalance things if resistance was removed or heavily nerfed (some ideas have already been thrown around), but that rebalance would be absolutely necessary.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Let’s not forget that resistance has been added after the cap on bleeds, burns, etc. was lifted, since confusion was tuned up to damage even without action, and the introduction of torment (if we’re going to go way back to how the game was first designed).

Maybe they’ve taken the wrong path, but I don’t think condi users can have their cake and eat it too here. There are plenty of ways to rebalance things if resistance was removed or heavily nerfed (some ideas have already been thrown around), but that rebalance would be absolutely necessary.

Confusion swapped WASD keys initially, was a mess to move arround lol… still was cool and new.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Ugh, please nerf this…such an OP boon…should be a boon that stacks like stability, and each stack should protect a player from one incoming application of cripple, chill or immobilize…it should basically be to movement-impeding conditions what stability is to cc’s like stun, knockdown, daze, etc….that or just have each stack of resistance protect a player from one incoming condition, damaging or non-damaging.

Condi is already way too strong

and cleanse is limited if u want to nerf resistance then condi should get nerfed as well

people like u who plays cheesey condi builds makes wvw extremely boring these days which makes downside of wvw.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

and cleanse is limited if u want to nerf resistance then condi should get nerfed as well

people like u who plays cheesey condi builds makes wvw extremely boring these days which makes downside of wvw.

See this is the state of mind that I don’t understand. People say they don’t have enough cleanses, imagine that blocks and evades are the power version of cleanses. Do you have enough of those to counter physical attacks? No.

How come I can kill someone in 1.5seconds with a physical attack and that’s okay but with a condition build that takes 30 – 60seconds that’s not okay? How come you can go immune to those conditions by applying Resistance or cleansing them and that’s not enough but if a physical attack hits you you can’t undo it and that’s fine?

I really will never understand the logic. I’m not asking for power damage or condition damage to be nerfed. I’m asking for Resistance to be adjusted because conditions are irrelevant in large scale combat. Yes they’re strong in small scale but power is still better. There’s just an overwhelming amount of bad players that aren’t willing to learn how to deal with conditions.

Personally I think if conditions were nerfed in to uselessness it’d be a whole lot more “boring” than what it is now. Everyone one shotting each other, no fights lasting longer than 5seconds and every stat combination besides Soldiers, Berserker’s and Marauder’s becoming pointless to use. Wow, how fun would that be? Not very.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

See this is the state of mind that I don’t understand. People say they don’t have enough cleanses, imagine that blocks and evades are the power version of cleanses. Do you have enough of those to counter physical attacks? No.

How come I can kill someone in 1.5seconds with a physical attack and that’s okay but with a condition build that takes 30 – 60seconds that’s not okay? How come you can go immune to those conditions by applying Resistance or cleansing them and that’s not enough but if a physical attack hits you you can’t undo it and that’s fine?

I really will never understand the logic. I’m not asking for power damage or condition damage to be nerfed. I’m asking for Resistance to be adjusted because conditions are irrelevant in large scale combat. Yes they’re strong in small scale but power is still better. There’s just an overwhelming amount of bad players that aren’t willing to learn how to deal with conditions.

Personally I think if conditions were nerfed in to uselessness it’d be a whole lot more “boring” than what it is now. Everyone one shotting each other, no fights lasting longer than 5seconds and every stat combination besides Soldiers, Berserker’s and Marauder’s becoming pointless to use. Wow, how fun would that be? Not very.

I laugh if you think it takes that long of a time…10 seconds on average. That’s how long it takes to rip somebody to pieces with conditions, asssuming 5+ are on you. That’s a 1v1. Now imagine 50v50. Those conditions are coming on way faster than you can cleanse them in this meta. The power of them varies, enough to where you can get burned down in under 2 seconds. I’ve seen it, it’s happened to me on Rev when Resistance got ripped off me right after I used it. Resistance exists to prevent that for WvW. You will rarely, if ever, see Resistance used in PvE or PvP for groups, condi cleanse is easier in those modes.

[hS]

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Reh.5986

Yeah thing is getting hit by power doesn’t ignore stuff like armor, protection, damage reduction. You also have a lot more sources of this stuff whereas condi cleanse can be very limited or build restricting on some classes.

I can dance around in aoe in a big fight and even deal with the occasional big hit or being focused a bit. As soon as I’m not getting cleanse or resistance against groups with a lot of condi I’m either going down or I’m running like mad trying to survive.

It really is screwed up though. Resistance and/or more cleanse is needed because it is screwed up. Condi is near useless in fights where the group runs proper cleanse/resistance. It can be op as hell in smaller fights or against pug blobs though.

It just needs fixed.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Let’s buff protection to be 100% dmg immunity too. Shouldn’t be an issue, because long lasting immunities are totally fine and there is enough counterplay to boons anyway, right?

(Usually i don’t run with zergs, but i did a few times lately and never died to condis. Not even once. And i had no resistance and there was not much aoe cleanse going on, because it was just uncoordinated pug zergs. I have also tried condi necro and power necro and the power variant dealt a lot more dmg.)

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I think that the boon should be nerfed down to 33 or 50 percent. To compensate, you could increase the duration a bit.

Alternatively, make it immune to damaging conditions, so that we can use chill and immob more effectively again.

I prefer the former because immunity is bad design.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Let’s buff protection to be 100% dmg immunity too. Shouldn’t be an issue, because long lasting immunities are totally fine and there is enough counterplay to boons anyway, right?

protection, weakness and frost Aura alone is 93% and if there is a Rev with Rite of the Dwarf or something? for another 50% damage reduction all of which are not effected by conditions because they reduce power damage.
Conditions also go through Aegis and various skill blocks too.

Now there is 1 boon that helps protect against conditions. One.

If anything I would like more sources of Resistance on lower duration

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

You totally miss my point. None of the things you mentioned offer long lasting immunity with close to 0 counters. Resistance would be fine, if it would be something like SoS or EP or like the old berserker stance. Single target, long cd, fix duration. But as a boon it can be extended, stacked and shared, which can lead to ridiculous durations. Yes, it can be removed, but there is by far not enouh boon remove in the game (and it is limited to a few classes).
Don’t tell me it is the same with condis vs cleanses – it is not even close (And condi appliation doesn’t go through blocks or anything else that prevents you from getting hit – unless it is an unblockable attack, but then power goes through blocks too).

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

First split condi damage in 3 different stats and then we could talk

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I believe Anet meant for Resistance to be a short relief to buy time for counter play not an actual shut down ability.

Imagine a 12s Invuln every 20s, followed by a 12s Invuln every 60s then a 2s Invuln every 20s. That is what some Warriors are procing right now with Resistance. If Invulns did that, the nerf outcry would be deafening.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Both AOE condis and AOE resitence trigger needs to be toned down.
And then remove 4th rune resitance from rune of durability and add it to the 6th place of rune of resistance, or something arround it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I agree, just add a shorter max. duration of boons and limit it significantly for resistance.
I think conditions are okay for the most part.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

I’m in favor of a moderate resistance nerf (such as immunity to the movement impairing condis and only reducing damaging condis by 50%) only if other classes get more access to it.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Condi has already been boosted much. They have nerfed the reduce condi food in favor of more condi. They further boost it with increased condi stacks. They finally boosted the condi with HOT stats and traits. Now, you want a resistance nerf to make the condi deadly powerful, why not we call it condi war instead of guild war?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

dzeRnumbrd.6129

This is really the truth of the matter.

Resistance is fine, the boonshare meta is lame.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

dzeRnumbrd.6129

They have nerfed the reduce condi food in favor of more condi. They further boost it with increased condi stacks.

1. They also nerfed +duration foods so your point is moot.

2. Condi stack limits are irrelevant to PvP – if you have 25 stacks of bleed in WvW/sPvP you are already a dead man walking, 30 or 40 is hardly worse than 25, you’re still dead.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

They have nerfed the reduce condi food in favor of more condi. They further boost it with increased condi stacks.

2. Condi stack limits are irrelevant to PvP – if you have 25 stacks of bleed in WvW/sPvP you are already a dead man walking, 30 or 40 is hardly worse than 25, you’re still dead.

Not to mention it’s incredibly difficult to get that many stacks of Bleed, let alone any other condition, on an actual player who isn’t AFK.

I don’t know why I try in vain to convince people that condition builds really aren’t that amazing but at least some people are experienced enough to agree.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Reh.5986

They are situationally amazing. Roaming/havoc/small group if your not a class with op cleanse or you don’t have a competent buddy that can share resistance or cleanse you’re probably screwed.

1v1 can still be outplayed just by avoiding attacks and managing all the passive proc crap. It scales badly though. Getting focused by 2 or more solid condi builds without resistance or buddies to help cleanse is trouble unless you can disengage at will or have op cleanse.

Fixing cleanse and passive condi application would be a good first step to not needing resistance as much.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

PvP? This is WvW, you sure you are in the right forums? In wvw we have zerg and blob, we have necro with epidemic. You think is not possible stack it to a deadly point? If it isn’t possible, why do people have to use boonshare to maintain that disgusting amount of resistance uptime? Bragging rights?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

PvP? This is WvW, you sure you are in the right forums? In wvw we have zerg and blob, we have necro with epidemic. You think is not possible stack it to a deadly point? If it isn’t possible, why do people have to use boonshare to maintain that disgusting amount of resistance uptime? Bragging rights?

To help keep up stability, might, etc. They don’t run boonshare/duration just for resistance. Resistance does however keeps the zergs immune to CC like chill, immobilize and fear.
It’s not for damaging conditions which are much less effective than direct damage on that scale.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I don’t know why I try in vain to convince people that condition builds really aren’t that amazing but at least some people are experienced enough to agree.

Because direct damage has strong counter play. Condi damage is just a matter of dropping the condi until their cleanse is gone which is ridiculously easy in WvW. It certainly doesn’t hurt that a handful of classes can apply condi without crits allowing them to remain extremely bunker.

Only a few classes can keep up in small scale and they can barely punch their way out of a paper bag. Only the Boon Duration Warrior is an exception and it is broken for this and other reasons.

I agree condi should have better counter play but in the meantime nobody should have 80% or more immunity from condi damage in a fight while maintaining very high DPS.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Doesn’t matter, the point remains, if they stack you with 25 that is just as bad as 100. If you don’t clear that bleed then you’re dead.

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Groups of 25–40 never needed resistance. They could AoE cleanse and ignore condi application anyway. Resistance is a problem BOTH because of boonshare stacking and because of the 100% immunity.

Nothing should be 100% immune from damage. It is why they nerfed Diamond Skin. It used to be that an ele running Diamond Skin was effectively immortal against conditions if they kept up their healing. But resistance wasn’t that common until boonshare changed the meta. 100% uptime quickness, 100% uptime fury, 100% uptime protection, 100% uptime resistance. Now everyone can hit like a truck and take absurd damage.

The complete solution is (1) reduce AoE cleanses (single button ones) to make conditions more viable in group fights, (2) nerf resistance down to a 33% damage reduction, (3) make changes to boonshare to take it out of the meta.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Resistance Nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Resistance couldn’t work like stab due to how often conditions can be applied. Resistance is in a good spot. There’s plenty of boon stripping to negate it. If you’re having a problem with it focus down the folks applying it. What needs to be changed is this condition meta. Power is dead unless you have the numbers and even then condi is still the better choice. If you aren’t trailblazers or minstrels you’re a liability

It could if ANet adjusted Resistance to add multiple stacks just like Stab. The stack count needs to be probably 3x-5x a normal single Stab stack count because I agree, the spam on condi is high (and single condi abilities hit multiple times).