Rest in Piece roaming 9/9/2014.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Man, all of you crying about LB rangers haven’t seen DB yet. Two of their guilds run 90% LB rangers, no exaggeration. We’ve run into zergs of exclusively LB rangers.

YB had a Ranger night last night. It was fun but get on top of a LB ranger… that is a dead ranger.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Man, all of you crying about LB rangers haven’t seen DB yet. Two of their guilds run 90% LB rangers, no exaggeration. We’ve run into zergs of exclusively LB rangers.

YB had a Ranger night last night. It was fun but get on top of a LB ranger… that is a dead ranger.

Works well in theory, but when there are that many rangers, you’re bound to eat some Point Blank shots from the other rangers and get Rapid Fire’d to death. Wouldn’t work well against a proper zergbusting comp, but it sure annoys the hell out of roaming groups like my own.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Another qq warrior – spend a year invincible in wvw and when a patch comes out that gives one of the weakest classes in the game a chance to actually do some damage to a warrior they cry about how OP mesmers are….

sorry but that is complete rubbish… I can wear full berz gear and have all my weapons and stats set to maximum damage and not even move the health bar of a warrior. The only way to possibly do any damage to a warrior is to use conditions or spend 40 minutes dodging and hitting without being hit in return.

And running in zergs the class that repeatedly gets the least amount of loot and wxp is the mesmer.

If you can’t be bothered to target your attacker and re-target after they come out of cloak then you deserve to die like the noob you are… mesmers are the least loved class in GW. The skill fail-rate on a mesmer is unbelievable and it is the only class in the game that has an elite that buffs the player they are fighting and can kill them if the person being turned into a moa keeps their wits instead of running in panic.

The patch actually nerfed quite a few mesmer things and the only buff they got was on a scepter that has just as much chance to kill the mesmer than it has to kill their foe. But then we don’t expect people who qq about mesmers to know how to play the game.

I’m going to assume this was directed at myself and the others commenting on the Mesmer changes in this thread.

1. I play all classes, and have them all to 80. My warrior barely gets touched because I find other classes more enjoyable to play. So your “qq warrior” statement is irrelevant.

2. Why on earth would you put your Mesmer in full zerk when you have so much condition damage potential?

3. We are not talking about shatter, we are discussing PU.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Step Six: “get rekt by glassbow ranger”

Normally we get into over the Ranger comments but in this case you are right. I apparently have been imitating a pincushion since the patch went out. I was having fun on my glassy D/D thief pre-patch but went back to the warrior post patch since RF is so spammable now. Rapid Fire is the devil… THE DEVIL!

RF CD, Damage (total damage, not Dmg per Sec) is the same really. Nothing changed in that regard.

People seem to think there were some kind of ninja buff to rangers. No, it was not. Everything they did to LB was give more damage to middle and close range on AA (which is something it needs for realz, but getting into melee with LB is bad either way)
, they decreased cast time (reduced the time it takes for the skill to channel) of rapid fire by 2 seconds (rangers could already fire this fast pre patch by using quickening Zephyr, a utility skill with 60 second CD) and they reduced barrage cast time by 1/2 a second (so we are slightly less dead when trying to channel it).

I hope the noob rangers go away from WvW soon. Ill wait some 2-3 months before i do any more serious roaming, this is due to the fact that atm, everyone is going berserk and trying desperately to hard counter a simple PvE build. Either way, this is not the time for serious roaming with LB ranger. Too many are gonna focus you.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

A well played power ranger can be a really pain in the kitten , with the RF and signet buff their survival has been increased.

60620 LB / GS with bark skin.

Said build has zero condi removal. Or presumably 1 per 10 seconds with SoR.

Last time i checked, my D/P thief didnt have any cond power, we talking power here folks.

Because people roam assuming they won’t face condis.

Because people can’t do anything about condis even if they did assume they were there.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Eh, roaming has been going down hill for a long, long time. I try not to say that looking in the past with rose colored glasses, but it’s the truth.

All of the additional PvE-only condi gear has been disastrous for solo and small group play in WvW. It’s really a joke now. No better than the tab hex, condi spam, face roll fest GW1 eventually became (does someone at anet secretly have a kitten for this?). People use to endlessly whine about burst thieves and mesmers, which did dominate roaming before the condi meta, but it was for the most part a learn to play thing. In small groups it was manageable because the risk / reward of glass builds became much more of a risk.

Then there was the completely unnecessary (global) nerf to crit damage, another fail carryover from PvE, which has exacerbated the problem with condi being so strong.

I don’t know what to think of the LB ranger rage yet. Part of me wants to believe it’s not OP, it’s just that there’s a lot of players on little to never played rangers alts now that are better than the typical clueless WvW bear bow.

(edited by zen.6091)

in WvW

Straegen.2938

RF CD, Damage (total damage, not Dmg per Sec) is the same really. Nothing changed in that regard.

Prior to the patch in 5s a player could do 1 RF and that is it. Now they can do 1 RF and 3 base attacks which can be almost 20% more damage. That is a big jump in overall damage during the same interval. This also triggers more “hits” for more proc chances. Then there is the significantly better burst and DPS from RF. Don’t even get me started on how halfing the channel on that skill makes Quick Draw better.

So in the real world, the RF change was a substantial buff. I used to be able to skip to a ranger while he was firing that. Now Rangers can channel that skill, fire a knockback and cloak in less time than the old skill. That is a BIG change to both short term DPS, total damage and survival for a LB Ranger in the same time frame.

Good for roaming… I still say no. Fun novelty in a group setting, absolutely.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Prior to the patch in 5s a player could do 1 RF and that is it. Now they can do 1 RF and 3 base attacks which can be almost 20% more damage. That is a big jump in overall damage during the same interval. This also triggers more “hits” for more proc chances. Then there is the significantly better burst and DPS from RF. Don’t even get me started on how halfing the channel on that skill makes Quick Draw better.

So in the real world, the RF change was a substantial buff. I used to be able to skip to a ranger while he was firing that. Now Rangers can channel that skill, fire a knockback and cloak in less time than the old skill. That is a BIG change to both short term DPS, total damage and survival for a LB Ranger in the same time frame.

Good for roaming… I still say no. Fun novelty in a group setting, absolutely.

It would be good for pressure.

However i think some of the most intriguing play may come from trapper runes and remorseless…. You can take LB + a trap, get stealth then swap to GS for massive 100% crit chance burst…. Gonna be hard to play though as you will have to use valkyrie + cavaliers to survive….. :|

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Can just stealth with LB and swap to a GS with Int rune for the same effect and not deal with condi runes on a power build.

Also to Straegen’s comment on Quick Draw… going that deep in Skirm for the QD trait only makes the shortcomings of the power ranger that much more apparent as the condi options are limited to signets, bears, and healing spring.

ps. Is there an iCD on the trap stealth or the super speed??

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

So I saw someone talking about how mesmers r underpowered in wvw compared to warriors? So I know I’ve been out a wvw dueling a few months but the only class I ever feared fighting was a mesmer

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Part of the problem still gets back to the food, some runes, and sigils.

Let’s reduce:
- condi duration food (+ and -): 40% is way to high
- Newer condi runes: perplexity, tormenting, and other outliers
- Sigils: torment

Without these things carrying them as they just spam out defense, condi builds get to be more on-par.

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

So mesmer are even more of a problem now? great, my hard counter to my guardian T_T

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Roaming is fine.

PU mesmers
Heal Eles
Trolly Engis
P/D thieves
Meditation guards
Power rangers
Condi-heal warriors

All are great for roaming

in WvW

Straegen.2938

However i think some of the most intriguing play may come from trapper runes and remorseless…. You can take LB + a trap, get stealth then swap to GS for massive 100% crit chance burst…. Gonna be hard to play though as you will have to use valkyrie + cavaliers to survive….. :|

IMO it is hard to avoid running a signet ranger for the LOL effect. Popping Hunt or Wild signets followed by an attack chain is just fun. I went full glass with piercing last night. One ranger is annoying… four or five us were tearing the front lines up. Course one reflection skill and ouch!

Roaming is fine.

PU mesmers
Heal Eles
Trolly Engis
P/D thieves
Meditation guards
Power rangers
Condi-heal warriors

Great is very relative. Mesmer… check. Thief… check. Warrior… check. Everything else… gets caught too easily. Especially a medi-guardian. It is like playing a might stacking warrior with none of the escape skills. Awesome fun to bomb people though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Prysin.8542

IMO it is hard to avoid running a signet ranger for the LOL effect. Popping Hunt or Wild signets followed by an attack chain is just fun. I went full glass with piercing last night. One ranger is annoying… four or five us were tearing the front lines up. Course one reflection skill and ouch!

Roaming is fine.

PU mesmers
Heal Eles
Trolly Engis
P/D thieves
Meditation guards
Power rangers
Condi-heal warriors

Great is very relative. Mesmer… check. Thief… check. Warrior… check. Everything else… gets caught too easily. Especially a medi-guardian. It is like playing a might stacking warrior with none of the escape skills. Awesome fun to bomb people though.

thats why you slot signet of stone XD

Also, piercing + Read The Wind, Quickening Zephyr, Rampage as one and wild – instant multikill. Noone will be able to react to 1.5 second burst

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Another qq warrior – spend a year invincible in wvw and when a patch comes out that gives one of the weakest classes in the game a chance to actually do some damage to a warrior they cry about how OP mesmers are….

sorry but that is complete rubbish… I can wear full berz gear and have all my weapons and stats set to maximum damage and not even move the health bar of a warrior. The only way to possibly do any damage to a warrior is to use conditions or spend 40 minutes dodging and hitting without being hit in return.

And running in zergs the class that repeatedly gets the least amount of loot and wxp is the mesmer.

If you can’t be bothered to target your attacker and re-target after they come out of cloak then you deserve to die like the noob you are… mesmers are the least loved class in GW. The skill fail-rate on a mesmer is unbelievable and it is the only class in the game that has an elite that buffs the player they are fighting and can kill them if the person being turned into a moa keeps their wits instead of running in panic.

The patch actually nerfed quite a few mesmer things and the only buff they got was on a scepter that has just as much chance to kill the mesmer than it has to kill their foe. But then we don’t expect people who qq about mesmers to know how to play the game.

I’m going to assume this was directed at myself and the others commenting on the Mesmer changes in this thread.

1. I play all classes, and have them all to 80. My warrior barely gets touched because I find other classes more enjoyable to play. So your “qq warrior” statement is irrelevant.

2. Why on earth would you put your Mesmer in full zerk when you have so much condition damage potential?

3. We are not talking about shatter, we are discussing PU.

He called mes one of the weakest classes in the game. I don’t think any amount of reasoning is going to get through…

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I still don’t think PU condi mesmer is any good. There’s just too many people caring too much about 1v1s and forget 1v1s are filled with hard counters. PU condi mesmer gets hardcountered itself.

In small groups they are mostly useless and can be safely ignored the majority of the time. Thankfully, most players in wvw haven’t yet found how strong other kinds of mesmers can be.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

PU mesmer is OP 1vs1 against noobs, turn off auto attack, bring some condi cleanse and they cannot kill you, they are also incredibly slow.

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

only necros counter mesmers

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Sounds like you need some mesmers :P

Reflection mesmers FTW.

in WvW

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

Roaming is fine.

PU mesmers
Heal Eles
Trolly Engis
P/D thieves
Meditation guards
Power rangers
Condi-heal warriors

This is roaming in a nutshell, don’t forget SA thieves.

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

PU mesmer is OP 1vs1 against noobs, turn off auto attack, bring some condi cleanse and they cannot kill you, they are also incredibly slow.

Bad suggestion…
Its quite the opposite actually, bring heavy CONDITIONS.

Something you should consider before calling noobs people i guess.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

“i do ele i go war ooops w t f war nerfes
69% and down
gf dont impresss say she leaving now
all is vain”

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Bad suggestion…
Its quite the opposite actually, bring heavy CONDITIONS.

Something you should consider before calling noobs people i guess.

Bad suggestion to turn off autoattack and bring more condi cleanse ? do you even know what PU mesmer does ? mesmer has very few conditions, he relies on confusion and torment to take down players.
I used to play PU mesmer for many months and people would just suicide with 18 tacks of confusion and 5 stacks of torment.

If you bring heavy conditions you will just die faster, mesmer has arcane thievery and all the conditions you put on them will be just cleansed or turned beack to you, when I face a heavy condi spec like necro or engi I just use arcane thievery after theyr condi bomb, easy win.

If you need some practice you can go OS and play against the spec you have more problem with.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

A PU mesmer really has no hard counter with the exception of multiple players showing up. Any build that essentially spends the entire time evading its enemy while doing good damage is a hard fight. Add in blocking, blinking, clones, passive conditioning, hardened build and stealth… you have a build that generally requires more player skill than the enemy to beat. I usually bring them to a draw but beating a good one in a fair fight is pretty rare. Heck they don’t even really have a cool down window… just a super good 1v1 build.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]