Restrict free accounts in WvW to EOTM only

in WvW

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Maybe restricting f2pers to certain servers would help keep WVW alive and that way f2p spy accounts only affect f2p WVW servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

EotM can be run in multiple instances but a “normal WvW” cannot. It is absolutely possible for an enemy server to create 100 accounts on your server, logging in to your BL or anywhere and restrict your player limit. Spies exists I admit but most of the servers only have one or two topmost. Imagine if a 100 strong wvw guild decides to troll the enemy and flood their BL with f2p accounts. They do not even have to spend supply or start crap upgrades and build crap siege… Their sheer presence could kill an entire match-up because the defenders cannot log in to wvw due map limitations…

And this is bad… Really bad!

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: xXx.6417

xXx.6417

Please free EOTM for F2P players lvl 20 or 30.
F2P players should not be allowed to enter WvW below LVL 80!

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Free players need to get a character to lv60 before they get access to WvW. They’re less likely to be a rallybot, and leveling up a character to 60 on a new account just to troll?

in WvW

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

Tbh I have mixed feelings about this; whilst I totally understand where people’s worries are coming from, none of us have any idea just yet (as it’s kinda unlikely you’ll have people hitting level 60 until later today I assume, or later) just how badly this will affect WvW. So I think it’s only fair that we save the complaining until we know to what extent it’ll affect WvW, for better or for worse.
However, I do have issue with a few of the reasons people are suggesting this change should be implemented, mostly with the whole “Eotm will give them experience with WvW which will make them want to buy the full game” etc etc. That’s not the case at all in my opinion.
I find it’s highly contradictory that for as long as eotm has been a thing, WvW players have shouted about how boring and Ktrainy Eotm is, how stupid of a game mode it is, and how it’s completely and utterly NOT WvW. I mean, I STILL see people instantly blasting anyone with a Diamond rank for being an “Eotm Ktrainer”. But then, when this whole discussion starts, you take the opposite opinion and suggest Eotm is a good introduction for new players into WvW? Wha?
My irl friend started playing yesterday after I’d been nagging him to buy the game for ageees. I explained to him all the different parts of the game, and I touched on Eotm. I explained what the mode is, what it was intended for and what it ACTUALLY is used for and you know what he said? “That sounds absolutely kitten.”
I’d agree with him, and If I were a new player who was interested in the WvW side of the game, and my first experience of “WvW” is just a boring ktrain where no, or very little, PvP interaction is actually involved, I would be 100% put off from spending my money to get more of what I thought was “WvW”. I think by saying “Oh yeah go into Eotm it’ll let you experience some of what WvW has to offer” is incredibly misleading and you’re giving them a false and pretty kittenty representation of what WvW is, and that is NOT going to attract new players into buying the full game, thats going to do the opposite.

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

Hi Anet,

Please limit free accounts to EOTM. It is one of the easiest ways to control them trolling WvW. Otherwise you will need to restrict supply carry, commander tags, upgrades etc for them in WvW which will be more complicated. Restriction to EOTM only will entice them to purchase the game more if they like WvW and want to help their server ‘win’. Level to 60 before WvW is not a restriction at all for serious trollers.

Restrictions listed here : https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157
Free accounts need to be limited to EOTM only.

No. I want my f2p friends to join me in actual WvW.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

This is the first thread i have ever seen where wvw’ers are now saying EoTM is WvW, and will give new players the experience of wvw…

Amazing how peoples perceptions of certain areas can shift so suddenly when it suits them.

It is still not real WvW, but it does give them the taste of deploying siege, taking objectives and generally going through the k-train motions in a pvp enviroment. If they are restricted to EotM, It does however keep them from having any impact in the outcome of the REAL WvW matchups. Yes, spies have been in the game forever, but do we really need to give them FREE reign?

As it sits most raids are done tagless by my guild due to the spies we have now ($10 accounts – BAH), the last thing we need is more distrust in this game mode. Limiting their access to EotM, does nothing to diminish their enjoyment of the core WvW experience, but it does give those that play real WvW a bit more security IMO.

I can only see spies and trolls disagreeing with this suggestion so +1 to the OP.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I do not agree, while the door is open for abuse it’s Anet that opened that door. People shouldn’t be limited, Anet should be taking the initiative to hire some in game GM’s and take measures to control/police their decision. Stop accepting the lack of actions on Anets part and start demanding that they do their jobs.

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

I do not agree, while the door is open for abuse it’s Anet that opened that door. People shouldn’t be limited, Anet should be taking the initiative to hire some in game GM’s and take measures to control/police their decision. Stop accepting the lack of actions on Anets part and start demanding that they do their jobs.

After 3 years of little to no actual policing on their part, I think it might be easier to just have the restriction put in place for now. ANet support for WvW is currently a busy signal while they flesh out HoT thus demanding they start doing their jobs will get us nowhere IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

It will continue because players don’t take the steps they need to. You want change ? be proactive, don’t log in, don’t blindly pre-purchase xpacs, make it known that it’s unacceptable.

They don’t do their job because we allow it to continue, not only allow it we accept it and enable it.

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

Being proactive in this case means not logging in and thus depriving me of my enjoyment. This solution is unacceptable to me thus I disregard it. If after 3 years in a game mode that gets little to no attention requires that I protest by not playing then something is terribly wrong with it.

It just seems to me that ANet is trying to attract new blood by purging it’s body of all the old blood at this point.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Instead of limiting what free accounts can do, maybe they should start fixing the issues in WvW which allows players to troll.

Put a cap on how much supply a single player can take from a objective so a single player can’t waste it all.

Put a debuff on players who die in a golem which prevent them from entering new ones.

Fix the bugs which has sit on their bug tracker for years which allow people to glitch into places. Put in safeguards to detect people who speed hacks, wall hacks, or some other form of hacks.

Well golems would be good if they had a option to lock golem with 3 option, by the one who drops the blueprint, it is not that hard to fix it…….

-Usable by every one
-By party members
-By guild.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

zerorogue came up with the best solution I’ve seen so far https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/using-free-accounts-to-solve-WvW-balance/first#post5434461

This won’t prevent all trolling but it will make it extremely difficult to have targeted coordinated trolling like filling up an opponents queue’d map. Plus it gives free players a taste of WvW but if they want to join a community they will have to buy the game to pick a server.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: cyanidecapsule.3926

cyanidecapsule.3926

+1 to EotM on F2P accounts

in WvW

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

As far as I understand the fp2 account, is that if you level your character to 60, you unlock WvW. I’m fine with that, but you can delete that character and then freely switch servers, make a lvl 1 char and then troll in WvW.
This is my main issue with it. Maybe make the WvW unlock character bound so people can’t do what I just described.
So I’m ablosute fine with restricting fp2 accounts to EotM, so they can’t troll/spy in the regular WvW BLs.

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

As far as I understand the fp2 account, is that if you level your character to 60, you unlock WvW. I’m fine with that, but you can delete that character and then freely switch servers, make a lvl 1 char and then troll in WvW.
This is my main issue with it. Maybe make the WvW unlock character bound so people can’t do what I just described.
So I’m ablosute fine with restricting fp2 accounts to EotM, so they can’t troll/spy in the regular WvW BLs.

Apparently server transfer is not possible for f2p accounts.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/New-Free-Account-Hidden-Limitations/first#post5435283

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Fully agree with OP.

Reaching lvl 60 hardly takes few hours of PvE’ing thereby making trolling/griefing even a bigger problem than now it is.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

“People are going to/already hacking/cheat/grief anyways” is not a valid argument.

It’s like saying that having locks on your house is useless because people can break in anyways.

Sure, the money for a new account is very little, but it can still deter many would-be-griefers. It won’t stop the more obsessive ones, but that’s not the point.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

let it be, new players need to be exposed to wvw rather than the ktrain map

You must not spend a whole lot of time in WVW to NOT understand the point of why some of us are a bit meh about it.

Otherwise you’d be sort of concerned too.

than again i dont care about ppt and just go roaming most of the time.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

+1 Totally agree. We’ve seen what happened when Anet created $20 and $10 purchases. This will just be worse with free accounts.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

“People are going to/already hacking/cheat/grief anyways” is not a valid argument.

And claiming EOTM is good enough for these f2p players is good enough, is not good enough, and way beyond a valid arguement. It’s the words of one who thinks they are an elitist and dont want noobs spoiling their game.

We’ve complained about how EOTM isnt WvW due to the fact it has no impact to WvW, that PvE players have made it their K-Train, and that even veteran WvW players dont even bother going there unless they are in a really really bad matchup and want to annoy the K-Trainers!

The fact that they have to level to 60 first should be good enough, as you said the money isnt much for a core account, so if spies really are dedicated to spying they will buy several copies, and you know they already have.
This will add a few spies but again as I said it wont have much impact if you ask me.

But if you think telling these new players to go to EOTM instead for theri “WvW experience”, then frankly you are talking out of your kitten !

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

And claiming EOTM is good enough for these f2p players is good enough, is not good enough, and way beyond a valid arguement. It’s the words of one who thinks they are an elitist and dont want noobs spoiling their game.

And why is that only possible from an elitist to say something like that? That notion of “noobs spoiling wvw was never mentioned”. Also, this does nothing but to sidestep my point that the relevance of potential sabotage is a an issue unless you’re agreeing with that notion already

We’ve complained about how EOTM isnt WvW due to the fact it has no impact to WvW, that PvE players have made it their K-Train, and that even veteran WvW players dont even bother going there unless they are in a really really bad matchup and want to annoy the K-Trainers!

Perhaps that’s the reason why the suggestion was made in the first place? It is the priority of potential damage to the wvw people care about so much that they may make such a suggestion and also be mindful of this exception to EOTM as a potential compromise.

The fact that they have to level to 60 first should be good enough, as you said the money isnt much for a core account, so if spies really are dedicated to spying they will buy several copies, and you know they already have.
This will add a few spies but again as I said it wont have much impact if you ask me.

I do not think level 60 is that hard to get.

But if you think telling these new players to go to EOTM instead for theri “WvW experience”, then frankly you are talking out of your kitten !

I’m afraid there might be a possbility that yes, someone could hold that opinion in a sincere fashion. I think if they’re not paying, then it’s reasonable that there could be some restrictions.

And honestly this whole statement is confusing an subjective opinion with an objective fact.

I mean, after all, I don’t think it’s reasonable to argue that WvW offers the same experience as EOTM does. I don’t think any one argues that. I also don’t think it’s reasonable to suggest that WvW has nothing in common with EOTM, because objectively speaking it is chosen from the WvW menu, shares mechanics such as supplies and siege, oh and it grants WvW experience. And there does exist Mists supply. I think I and maybe others can form the opinion of “EOTM isn’t to the same level is WvW’”, but “EOTM isn’t wvw” is merely hyperbole to drive home the former point and doesn’t really have that much value when taken literally.

It’s much like say, hotjoin in PvP, where many serious players would not even bother with, but it’s still within that game mode, and still useful for a beginner to grasp. This analogy isn’t perfect because at this point hotjoin would be more similar to PvP, as EOTM is to wvw, but I think my point is there.

So no, I don’t accept any of these things, because I never said most of them in the first place. You don’t have a right to make these claims about people that disagree with you, nor does speaking on behalf of veteran players really allow such a conclusion to be made either. That, and you’re making some strong insinuations about a lot of people in this thread that might be veteran wvw players too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

After reading the FAQ, especially the bit about mailing gold, and seeing a positive response from Anet on my question regarding API exposure of free accounts, I’m not too worried anymore.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, that much is true.

We’ll really have to see how it happens in practice.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

This thread is utterly appalling, in a hilarious way.

WvW vets prior to F2P: “EOTM is just a k-train and isn’t real big boy WvW, it’s a joke.”
WvW vets after F2P introduced: “Restrict F2P accounts to EOTM so they can get a feel for what WvW is like and entice them to buy the game, else we’ll get more trolls in WvW.”

How toxic, misleading, vile and wrong. What a bunch of salty children these people are; laughing off how EOTM is basically PvE with little pvp interaction (which it mostly is, given the k-trains) and yet wanting to dump fresh blood into the game by restricting them THERE stating it’ll entice players to buy the full game.

Yes, dump all the would-be new guildies, players, server buddies, friends etc into a joke of a game mode.

This community. Seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Well I dont see Anet blocking potential paying customers from a game mode and stopping them from buying the game.
In fact I think even level 60 is too high, as they will have to do a lot of PvE to get there. There is a bigger chance of players giving up on GW2 based on the boring PvE the core game has than level to 60 to even try WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well I dont see Anet blocking potential paying customers from a game mode and stopping them from buying the game.
In fact I think even level 60 is too high, as they will have to do a lot of PvE to get there. There is a bigger chance of players giving up on GW2 based on the boring PvE the core game has than level to 60 to even try WvW.

They can pvp.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

WvW is harsh for uplevels anyways; much less for new players that haven’t gotten used to game mechanics. If they really want to enjoy wvw, they need to make it to 80. The level up chests also offer exotic gear that can hold them off once they reach it.

Leveling isn’t really that bad in this game, ever since they reformed the terrible trait system so that you didn’t have to pay to unlock every trait (or do some boring task).

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

This thread is utterly appalling, in a hilarious way.

WvW vets prior to F2P: “EOTM is just a k-train and isn’t real big boy WvW, it’s a joke.”
WvW vets after F2P introduced: “Restrict F2P accounts to EOTM so they can get a feel for what WvW is like and entice them to buy the game, else we’ll get more trolls in WvW.”

How toxic, misleading, vile and wrong. What a bunch of salty children these people are; laughing off how EOTM is basically PvE with little pvp interaction (which it mostly is, given the k-trains) and yet wanting to dump fresh blood into the game by restricting them THERE stating it’ll entice players to buy the full game.

Yes, dump all the would-be new guildies, players, server buddies, friends etc into a joke of a game mode.

This community. Seriously.

EoTM is just the testing ground for what Anet is planning on implmenting in wvw, nothing more, and can change according to what their plans change. EoTM IS supposed to be the future of wvw. It being a Ktrain is due to it being a bad design so hopefully Anet will learn from that and make changes accordingly. EoTM is not supposed to stay the same, it being a testing ground means it is ever changing.

SEE GW2 EoTM Wiki:
“Edge of the Mists serves as a testing ground for the new features that may be introduced to WvW,”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists

If they actually planned on implementing what wvw players wanted in wvw more people would play in EoTM.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

There’s a reason why the lower tier servers wanted a minimal xfer fee.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Uhh let them play WvW just make them goto lower pop servers is all.

There are only 3 servers left who care about PPT in NA….the top 3

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Uhh let them play WvW just make them goto lower pop servers is all.

There are only 3 servers left who care about PPT in NA….the top 3

Top 4 actually.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

dont let the free accounts spoil the current server status!!!

Wait i think it would help most worlds they would just get in the way of the say top 9? ranked worlds.

if you have majority of people who can’t whisper cross chat or use map chat, not sure how much that will help. yes granted, it will boost the base population but theres a limit to quantity over quality .

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi Anet,

Please limit free accounts to EOTM. It is one of the easiest ways to control them trolling WvW. Otherwise you will need to restrict supply carry, commander tags, upgrades etc for them in WvW which will be more complicated. Restriction to EOTM only will entice them to purchase the game more if they like WvW and want to help their server ‘win’. Level to 60 before WvW is not a restriction at all for serious trollers.

Has anyone at Anet really given any thought to WvW?

Spies are not idiots.

Spies should not be given a free pass…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Hi Anet,

Spies are not idiots.

Well anet did say WvW was a priority after launch… let’s see if they lied.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Hi Anet,

Spies are not idiots.

Spies are already in game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi Anet,

Spies are not idiots.

Spies are already in game.

None of us are dumb enough to believe there aren’t.

If you are going to negate the fact that this would open the door to thousands of immediate spies which can and will change scores, If you are ok with that, then you are not a WvW’er at all.

We’ve had it with imbalances in WvW and the hacking, and the lies, they aren’t protecting WvW at all – never have and seemingly, never will.

It’s bad enough that Anet has ignored their real end game for PvP and PvE – WvW deserves a lot better than it has been given and has not seen the promises made come to fruition in most cases.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Selufein.8307

Selufein.8307

+1 for eotm or separate servers restrictions.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

The new F2P players are effectively the ‘next generation’ of WvWers and you want to stop them from experiencing the ‘real’ WvW? How is that sensible?

And can’t help feeling that your reasoning is flawed:

• Cheats and Spies: F2P may increase the numbers but it takes a dedicated kinf of person to dedicate his/her time to that activity. And I very much doubt that this has a pivotal impact on a MU. Yes – it is annoying. But I also suspect that a good proportion of the spying and hacking excuses I’ve seen are the justification of a loss that was always going to happen.
  • Queues: Seriously? How quickly we forget the size of the queues into the borderlands in the ‘good old days’ in the first 2 years of this game. Queues are a sign of a dynamic and living game mode. Start praying for them, then start hassling Anet to find ways of improving the situation.

I spend 90% of my time in WvW. I want to see more people there across all timezones. Now that there’s a chance of seeing that happen, you all want to stop it?

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

No we want the new players to get into WvW… After they levelled their toon up, learned the basics AND payed the purchase price.

They can get the feeling of the unique feature of Gw2 as 150v150v150 battles in HotM and if they like it and decided to actually BUY the game they are absolutely welcome to the WvW community.

So in the case they do something stupid like on purpose rallybotting, trolling and cheating they have to face the consequences.

Have you been in sPvP hotjoin yesterday? Did you see what’s going on there?!

Imagine this in wvw please and give it a second thought!

Do you REALLY want 20000 f2p accounts to get into WvW who cannot be banned? Who do not have to fear anything because:

“Hey this game is f2p I do whatever I want you can suck my… you b2p pregnant fish!”

Is THIS what you want?

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

Apparently server transfer is not possible for f2p accounts.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/New-Free-Account-Hidden-Limitations/first#post5435283

That’s good to hear. Thanks!

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

/sign ……….

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The new F2P players are effectively the ‘next generation’ of WvWers and you want to stop them from experiencing the ‘real’ WvW? How is that sensible?

And can’t help feeling that your reasoning is flawed:

• Cheats and Spies: F2P may increase the numbers but it takes a dedicated kinf of person to dedicate his/her time to that activity. And I very much doubt that this has a pivotal impact on a MU. Yes – it is annoying. But I also suspect that a good proportion of the spying and hacking excuses I’ve seen are the justification of a loss that was always going to happen.
  • Queues: Seriously? How quickly we forget the size of the queues into the borderlands in the ‘good old days’ in the first 2 years of this game. Queues are a sign of a dynamic and living game mode. Start praying for them, then start hassling Anet to find ways of improving the situation.

I spend 90% of my time in WvW. I want to see more people there across all timezones. Now that there’s a chance of seeing that happen, you all want to stop it?

It’s not the F2P players we’re worried about.
We’re worried about current vets abusing the system by trolling siege, wasting upgrade supply, spying more, intentionally rallybotting their guild on the other side, etc. etc. All this will do is further put off new players when they see how terrible the experience may be due to the number of people willing to abuse the system.

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

In my opinion the ‘cost’ to create a spy/troll is about the same. Previously you had to spend money that comes out to a few hours of work depending on pay. Now it requires a few hours of leveling instead.

Don’t people wan’t more players on their server? People are always complaining about coverage and letting free to play players in on WvW is a good way to boost participation. Don’t just look at the possible downsides look also to the possible upsides to this. With the new automatic upgrades there is little for them to troll other than population numbers.

I’m sure if it becomes a big problem ArenaNet will consider restricting their accounts in the future. I think people are just blowing the negatives out of proportion. Either way ArenaNet is going to continue for now with what they have said regardless of this forum thread.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

I definitely do not agree that free accounts should be limited to EotM at this time, it seems a bit premature to call for that. If they end up really causing all the problems feared by people in this thread they could easily change it later on. If they don’t cause a problem I’d rather have them in real WvW as I feel my server could use a few more people (more than a few actually).

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

If you are going to negate the fact that this would open the door to thousands of immediate spies which can and will change scores, If you are ok with that, then you are not a WvW’er at all.

I’m ok with that and my 4k+ rank tells me I’m a pve’er. Looks like we have more spies playing then actually people that play WvW.

LOL thousands of spies impacting the scores

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m ok with that and my 4k+ rank tells me I’m a pve’er. Looks like we have more spies playing then actually people that play WvW.

Eh, you’d be surprised what people do in this game.

Imagine a bored T1 guild decides it’s going to grab a few guilds, head to GoM and ppt until they can push it up as far as possible and knock down an enemy server because of some grudge match. They go en masse to GoM, game the rating, then leave en masse once the goal is accomplished. Leaving GoM stranded in let’s say Tier 3, to painfully be blobbed to death without resources, until they eventually return to original tier. Only by that time, the server is so demoralized, it loses players and sinks further.

That’s just one scenario, sadly.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

briggah.7910

Eh, you’d be surprised what people do in this game.

Imagine a bored T1 guild decides it’s going to grab a few guilds, head to GoM and ppt until they can push it up as far as possible and knock down an enemy server because of some grudge match. They go en masse to GoM, game the rating, then leave en masse once the goal is accomplished. Leaving GoM stranded in let’s say Tier 3, to painfully be blobbed to death without resources, until they eventually return to original tier. Only by that time, the server is so demoralized, it loses players and sinks further.

That’s just one scenario, sadly.

Been there and done that lol but those are all players not spies..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

Also GoM did make it into t3. May have been t4 its been awhile. It was during the second season where we took first in bronze. Our morale was high and we went on a 20+ win streak and that brought us all the way up in tiers. Sadly though when we started to lose it became a sinking ship. I’ve just become used to it happening to us.. See everyone is important to me on the server so even when small guilds leave us it hurts us.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: dayvie.2134

dayvie.2134

I believe that f2p should be able to access wvw at lv60. EOTM is not comparable to actual wvw – there is a clear difference between clubbing baby seals with boredom and jousting with other players on a relatively even skill level. Because they are f2p does not exempt them from fun, but rather we should encourage growth of potential players. It’s a game and it should be fun – finding and helping future players to brawl with is good. Also, your average player doesn’t care about spying – a game should not be stressful over an score.

I play for my guild and I do so because it is ridicously enjoyable to constantly clash against other guild groups. I see no reason for a few tryhards to remove majority from such a thrill. Stop the ppt, drop the blueprints, and brawl your hearts out.