Revive Underworld!

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Hey guys
As I heard about the news of free transfer between 18th and 27th of March, I though of 2 options for my server Underworld. Eitheir this help us getting back where we were long time ago, or this leaves as we are since 25th to 27th rank the kitten is basicly the same.
So I would like to know if there is any guilds/players interested in coming for this server, either first time or to come back.

Personally I would love to see the server that I choose to play grow in the WvW. Right now there are only 2/3 servers we can win and WvW weeks have been this 2 ways: Either we win with great advantage or we lose with great disadvantage, and I’m tired of that. I want even and tought fights, I don’t like being massacred and I don’t like free wins.

Please is there someone interested on getting Underworld back to where he was? To the golden days?

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

That depends, My guild left for good reasons, and i left for two or three of them, They have names too, Jarni, Fenwick, and the toxic atmosphere they turned the server into. I will never return nor will any of my guild as we’re very happy on GH, but i would be nice to see you guys in my tier so i had the opportunity to give them both a right smack-up in wvw The amount of blueprints i will drop on both of them, and its a shame they removed townclothes i had a wizards hat reserved for corpsedancing enemies.. oh god the possibilities. I’d probably be put on trial for war crimes by arena net though….

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

If you cant say anything nice then don’t post since this is an uw thread, although i imagine mods will move it to the correct section soon, starting a flame war on a thread that has nothing to do with you is really petty.

Underworld would love some new guilds, the wvw playing guilds have no problem working together, we share a teamspeak and generally have a lot of fun. We usually have a nice few weekly meet ups as a community for world bosses and that kind of thing.

A few guilds who are interested in having fun and not getting obsessed on PPT would go a long way with us Actually, a few more guilds more and we would have the coverage to jump quite a few ranks 0_o

We have queue free, drama free and fun wvw down here, but new faces are always nice to see

If any guilds want to know more just whisper or mail me

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

K he is still there, For all people looking to join, good luck shall ye be brave enough to dare face the cracken, for he is a fearsome beast made of pure unbased ego that no mere mortal weapon may slay. Fare the well adventurers, there is a reason people left that server, and the cracken is at the very core of it, Even jack sparrow would turn away from this tentacled pest!

PS, did you get a custom tent in gendaren fields as you technically counted as one of the LA npc’s dear cracken, for the amount of time you spent there when you were supposedly doing some great feat elsewhere in thee game.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

UW used to be decent and still got good peeps in there but it fell far too low in tiers at an alarming rate for reasons I perceived as season 1 hype bandwagon effect. it is something only the server’s community would know for certain though…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

HI UW! We miss you. We might be joining you guys there soon the way things are going. – a guy from blacktide.

HI LEILA! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Come come UW… you still have more people than Vabbi.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

^ We are trying to get more people to our server, not trying to loose them.
(though i do understand Vabbi’s position & motivation)
So please, could you not advertise for a different server in this thread, but make your own?
Thank you

So yeah, Underworld could use some active guilds / people, whether they are new players or old comrades from other servers, that’s ok. It would be nice if we could even out the balance and have great fights between competitors, rather then be zerged over. (or wipe the competition in one move).
It is sad to see, that mostly it’s not lack of skill but lack of numbers that do us in.

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Phoenix.3416

I will ignore the nastiness from that group… most of uw knows its nonsense, they really have no place in this thread.

UW used to be decent and still got good peeps in there but it fell far too low in tiers at an alarming rate for reasons I perceived as season 1 hype bandwagon effect. it is something only the server’s community would know for certain though…

That was pretty much it.

Basically 2 weeks before season 1 we realised we were going to be the last slot of silver and wouldn’t win against any of the other servers without transfers. Then there was a debate about moving to bronze league which caused a huge arguement.

The guilds who wanted to be in bronze moved to the lower servers and after those guilds left a load of the other guilds then left after it was to late to fix the points and they realised how bad it was. They spread out over silver and then the bandwagon effect kicks in

1 guild leaves, then next panics and leaves, the next sees 2 guilds left and panics :P etc.

We had a lot of fun in league 1 anyway but we were outmanned alot :P so had to resort to a lot of sneaky tactics like put rams at every tower at once etc :P

We were basically in a really bad spot before the last league ha, its a shame because if we had moved down 1 rank before it had started and everyone left we would have been evenly matched with a large chunk of bronze. I guess it was a mix of wvw pride and bandwagoning in the end

We are short a few guilds that would make bronze league much more fun and even. Tier 1 is great but it must get a bit repetitive fighting the same people on evenly matched terms ;P come down here and actually learn to fight 3vs1

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: eleozz.9056

eleozz.9056

yeap underworld is a good place for small and big guilds, no queue, no flame wars, good cooperation between the active guilds (eg. )

underworld is an casual pvx server anyways ^^

i would like to see more wvw guilds on uw

Spartians Gr [SPGR] Officer
Diamon Devona/Human Elementalist

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I wonder if free transfers will balance the population. I’d rather think people will join higher populated servers.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

The thing with Underworld is that you don’t actually need more players, but I’d say more skilled existing ones. As much as I hate generalisation, you guys mostly need twice or thrice amount of players to take enemy group down.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I enjoyed the last week with Underworld, tough fights and some really skilled roamers. Though some UW don’t like snowmen :c

Great server for anyone looking to move down few tiers, Vabbi needs more enemy invaders to kill :P

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The thing with Underworld is that you don’t actually need more players, but I’d say more skilled existing ones. As much as I hate generalisation, you guys mostly need twice or thrice amount of players to take enemy group down.

Everyone needs double the players to take down Psy xD

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

mPascoal.4258

To the poeple who left and say it was because of Fenwick, well I think it wasn’t. He isn’t the king of Underworld and you could just ignore him, like you do to any unpleasent player. Ignore the toxic people and the atmosphere would be just fine. But what it’s done doens’t matter now.

Sorry i did this post on the wrong section. I’ll try to make a worth one at the right section

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: ErayzZz.7642

ErayzZz.7642

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: seelskes girl.6892

seelskes girl.6892

@ mPascoal : This is Alcas Necro (old WvW Commander) i loved wath you posted there and jes i’m still thinking bout the server where i grow up in. I left UW couse of some personal reasons. I’m not going to talk bout it wath happend happend and so be it. I think i’m going to hurt lot’s of good peaple now who are with me on Gunnars and they are going to kill me 10 sec after this post. But there is not one day i do not think about UW. We had a good community there and i miss that, had some nice battle’s even we had no chance of winning but that on all servers. So there i a chance ill return to UW. I also know 1 person is not going to make allot of diffrence on the server but hey, i miss those golden day’s.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Sandman.4192

Sandman.4192

Nice one ErayzZz lmfao

[SLAY] The Soul Slayers!! FSP EU
Prepare To Die!! Never Stop Fighting!!

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

mPascoal.4258

SLAY returning isn’t an option I guess? I have previous guild mates there, and I would love to play with them again.
At this point if we don’t get anyone I will move too. Having some issues with some guild mates more than once now and If I left my current guild I don’t have much reasons to stay on the server. We shall see how it goes…

@ErayzZz bring a whole squad of those, we will need lot

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: ErayzZz.7642

ErayzZz.7642

SLAY returning isn’t an option I guess? I have previous guild mates there, and I would love to play with them again.
At this point if we don’t get anyone I will move too. Having some issues with some guild mates more than once now and If I left my current guild I don’t have much reasons to stay on the server. We shall see how it goes…

@ErayzZz bring a whole squad of those, we will need lot

i dont think we will be back,tbh i played in uw for a long time and i dont wanna go back,simple

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Panteri.4073

Panteri.4073

I left because of ******* and ******** ruining the freaking server. No drama at all? Spare me that stuff. People left Underworld for a good reason, let them be.

(edited by Moderator)

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Phoenix.3416

You left, we get it, this thread is nothing to do with you at the point you left.

Now stop spamming in it to cause drama :/ its really petty to sabotage threads you do not like and have nothing to do with because you dont like 2 players on a server of thousands.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Being free of any negative disposition towards Fenwick, I do agree that it’s slightly unreasonable to drop posts here that would discourage players from moving to Underworld due to your dislike for a couple of people on the server. Even if, and I have little knowledge to validate, things were/are as you say, there is no good reason to begrudge the server a chance to improve and/or gain new players to bolster it.

Just because I hate Deso with a passion doesn’t mean I jump in their recruitment threads to hijack or discourage, because I have a vaguely existent maturity level. Not much, but enough to prevent me from doing that.

I wish you the best of luck, Underworld, and remember there’s a plethora of ways in which to improve if you’ll only work together; small things count, and acknowledging your faults is the start of the solution.
A former commander salutes you.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

(edited by Immolator.5640)

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

mPascoal.4258

This week we are already seeing changes to one of the servers. I haven’t goen to WvW yet because the time I have spend this week on the game was mainly in sPvP but the guild mates that I have that do WvW almost everyday say that Vabbi got some new guild there and these week they are winning so far. This can mean that Vabbi might even get more guilds when March 18th comes.

I mean I understand some of the reasons ppl left, the ones I know but the server has changed. I’m neutral about Fenwick because he never did anything that would turn against me, to be honest it’s quite the opposite. Idk how it is now but there where some week where the Mayh with other guilds tryed to do the difficult world bosses, like Tequalt and the Wurm. I don’t think we ever did the Wurm but Tequalt we did. They have also tryed to “revive” the server. In the server population says we are very high but thats just not true, it’s impossible for a server to be very high and still fail in PvE which is what most of the players do, but after all the changes we had not even Tequalt we can do unless we organize it for like a week with all the guild we have. It’s sad and I don’t want this to continue this way.

But this is kinda servers fault to sometimes. I on my own sometimes tryed to organize events like the Marionete and the Knights right now and ppl just don’t care. We say how to do on chat and nobody cares. Marionete that was a easy event if we would get it more than twice a day it was a good day (after first week)

Idk what to say anymore, I will not be here telling that we are great at this and that.. no I will say how we are and ppl will come or not. All i think this server need is actually some new and fresh blood running and pumping this server.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

It does look as though Vabbi has gotten a lot of new blood, I’ve never seen them so active!

How do you guys think Fissure of Woe players feel? We’ve been hemorrhaging players for a while now due to the actions of a certain guild that came, stole members then spent the next month in WSR targeting us, making most of our WvW players just give up.

We’re last at the moment, I think we need the players more than you

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Perez.1670

Perez.1670

Underworld never needed numbers, we never had numbers to begin with. only a lot of skills and team work.

I want to return, i miss the old days, i miss ÄÄ. but i will not return as Rob still believe he holds some “kinglike powers” and pugs actually listens to him.
I never understood the hate people got for jarni but yeah.
Get rid of the toxic from WvW, and you will see some people who miss underworld switch back directly.
Atleast then you can actually start working on some ground.
People didn’t only leave because of Rob however, they left because so many actually listened to his rubberish.

Stop forusing on Farm and work towards teamwork and point holding, and evolving the players skills.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Phoenix.3416

We got rid of the toxic a long time ago, just before league 1.
We spent the entire of league 1 just having fun and meeting up to play wvw as guilds

The toxic left with you and returned when you guys started to post on this thread…. Ive had months of drama free time on UW which says alot about your group :/ This thread is nothing to do with you, Uw is nothing to do with you, stop spamming on a thread that has nothing to do with you… its just petty

Nice to hear from you eze! you big traitor hows the guild doing? :P

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Perez.1670

Of course you had a drama free time, all guilds who actually spoke up and did stuff left.
It do got with me to do, since i still belive in underworld, and one day hope to be able to return.
the toxic is still there.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Phoenix.3416

The toxic is only there if you bring it back with you…. the rest of us are fine. Noone slates commanders, everyone is having fun and we are all working together without the need for events

Youre welcome back to UW just dont bring the toxic with you, the rest of us can let it go so if you return make sure you do to.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

mPascoal.4258

Underworld never needed numbers, we never had numbers to begin with. only a lot of skills and team work.

I want to return, i miss the old days, i miss ÄÄ. but i will not return as Rob still believe he holds some “kinglike powers” and pugs actually listens to him.
I never understood the hate people got for jarni but yeah.
Get rid of the toxic from WvW, and you will see some people who miss underworld switch back directly.
Atleast then you can actually start working on some ground.
People didn’t only leave because of Rob however, they left because so many actually listened to his rubberish.

Stop forusing on Farm and work towards teamwork and point holding, and evolving the players skills.

Actually we kinda need numbers. We have had weeks that what beat us is actually the numbers, because if it was even on those we would win most battles I’ve seen and I’ve been part of. We are organized, at least the most actives guilds we have are good at that, we need is numbers ;D

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Perez.1670

Trust me numbers is but a illusion.

Im on piken wiping 70man blob with 25ppl.

or 10 ppl taking on a 30man zerg easily..

Ofcourse it is a elite guild group but still.
Just keep practising,

However for public commanding numbers a recommended, so yes u should look for numbers, but u shouldnt prioitise it over training

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: FooThai.3265

FooThai.3265

We spent the entire of league 1 just having fun and meeting up to play wvw as guilds

Fun?! Maybe it was fun for you and others that showed up 1-2 times per matchup in wvw, for your monster blob events with ppl recruited in LA.

For the ones who actually fought for UW durring the entire season, it was hell. Outmaned 24/7 and only few capable people to fight with, rest of the wvw population being AP hunters at that that time.

I’m not here to sabotage your recruitment thread, it just bugs me seeing you still talk crap on the forums after all this time. You still fail to understand that you dont even come close to a wvw player, so stop already talking from the point of view of a wvw player. Have fun durring season 2.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Immolator.5640

Nice to hear from you eze! you big traitor hows the guild doing? :P

Fenwick o/ Treachery is very much a matter of perspective xD I like to think of it more as Russianguy’s fault, crazy guy jumped the gun a bit. Regardless we’re still going strong, maybe 4 original UW players actually still here, including myself, and Gandara’s an awesome place and community to be part of, (note the shameless self-promotion).

And you? How goes Mayh?

All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Phoenix.3416

Fun?! Maybe it was fun for you and others that showed up 1-2 times per matchup in wvw, for your monster blob events with ppl recruited in LA.

For the ones who actually fought for UW durring the entire season, it was hell. Outmaned 24/7 and only few capable people to fight with, rest of the wvw population being AP hunters at that that time.

I’m not here to sabotage your recruitment thread, it just bugs me seeing you still talk crap on the forums after all this time. You still fail to understand that you dont even come close to a wvw player, so stop already talking from the point of view of a wvw player. Have fun durring season 2.

We had focused guild coop events every day for the entire league actually, and we have had the same ever since, the league actually got my guild into wvw much more than before. Wvw is what you make of it, if you need numbers you ask other guilds for help, if you cant have fun with less numbers you find ways to make it fun again.

Sigh anyone who claims the “youre not a REAL scotsman” is an instant ignore :P you lose all credibility the moment you play that card. You cant use an informal fallacy as the basis of an argument unless being a real wvwer has a list of set attributes that everyone has previously agreed on.

And Eze is going well! we had to create a 2nd guild for the wvwers, im having a lot of fun to be honest! i dont think im suited for the higher queues and pop of gandara wvw personally, i like jumping around ha. Waiting is hard :P

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Perez.1670

We had focused guild coop events every day for the entire league actually, and we have had the same ever since, the league actually got my guild into wvw much more than before. Wvw is what you make of it, if you need numbers you ask other guilds for help, if you cant have fun with less numbers you find ways to make it fun again.

Sigh anyone who claims the “youre not a REAL scotsman” is an instant ignore :P you lose all credibility the moment you play that card. You cant use an informal fallacy as the basis of an argument unless being a real wvwer has a list of set attributes that everyone has previously agreed on.

And Eze is going well! we had to create a 2nd guild for the wvwers, im having a lot of fun to be honest! i dont think im suited for the higher queues and pop of gandara wvw personally, i like jumping around ha. Waiting is hard :P

However that was only for farming and such. not really hold and defend..
Just capture and leave isnt really full wvw.
The true wvw players consider the points and etc.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Phoenix.3416

You say that but most of the Wvw guilds on uw were obsessed with zerg wiping in open field not points.

I want to have fun above all else. Points are nice but not a requirement of fun, the point of our events was to boost morale and focus on taking our the fortified structures and waypoints so the enemy had to start from scratch for whoever took over from us.

It was nothing to do with farming , it was 3 hours of taking a large number of players and some elite guys to smash up the enemy defenses so whoever came next could retake it easier.

It was a tactical call to boost morale and weaken the enemy defenses, if we dont have coverage we cant hold them all day everyday anyway but we can stop the enemy upgrading

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

^These threads should have an obligatory “microphone” feature, it’s obviously very hard for him to hear other peoples opinions from way up there on that pedastal.

Plz don’t infract me fair forumgods.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Krisszboss.6084

Krisszboss.6084

From a former UW player, the server is very good and arcane mayhem (the guild of Robert Fenwick) is very nice! I didnt leave the server because it was bad, I left because my friends left too. The community is very very friendly. I dont know if you remember me Rob, but I only left because my friends did too, nothing personal. Anyway, if you want a frendly, casual server feel free to join UW.

Main warrior, ele, guard, thief, ranger and a proud player on Desolation, the best server ever

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptonx.5018

Kryptonx.5018

we really need some new blood on this server come and help us grow =)

Comon guys, past is past,

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Phoenix.3416

From a former UW player, the server is very good and arcane mayhem (the guild of Robert Fenwick) is very nice! I didnt leave the server because it was bad, I left because my friends left too. The community is very very friendly. I dont know if you remember me Rob, but I only left because my friends did too, nothing personal. Anyway, if you want a frendly, casual server feel free to join UW.

O hello stranger! nice to hear youre still playing thanks for the nice message, hope your new server is treating you just as well

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: NGE.1362

NGE.1362

Hello everyone, I’m a Dluis PT from UW, and I would love to see more guilds joining in our Server.

I really don’t care about the past.

Lusa and Mayhen and Blod are working on doing World events ( worm / Tequalt ) all the Sundays, and I really like to work with them .

But, we are not here to talk about guild’s , but about a server that was very high in the past and now is just a normal server.
Servers like a Vabi , Fissure of Woe , Underworld and many more , should have a merge, and elevate our common goals to the heaven.

Anet isnt doing nothing to fix that, so the players who still care about the server status.

So any guild leader or guild member, or a member at any server that want to change, please you have there my ID : NGE.1362 , wisper me if you need to.

Gandara – Commander
[Lusa]Dluis Pt

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Immolator.5640

Nice to hear; tbh queues are only a problem here when we have an easy matchup. Don’t we all love fair weather players and the PvE horde running around to get their easy map completion. Then and again queues aren’t really a problem in most cases cos EotM now. If nothing else the community’s worth it. For example we have a ThisisGandara IV guilds compilation video that just went up. Fun events like that make a server worth being on. Again more shameless self promotion, maybe there’s a better place for me to be casually conversing with you.

In terms of adding something to the thread, I’d like to say that WvW players don’t necessarily have to always think about points constantly. Examples being most WvW guilds like Fenwick said as well as pretty much any server that isn’t Deso/GH/Some other servers ranked higher; and when you stop playing the game for enjoyment, good fights and good fun, you’re in danger of losing sight of what the game’s about. Not saying don’t consider points at all, just find a balance. If you’re looking at the points timer every minute and trying to cap things accordingly, I think you’ve gone a little too far.

Other than that @ UW, try posting something like this but similar in the World Recruitment section, basically list all of the pros like any recruitment thread, and make sure you have people for contact details down the bottom. Maybe refrain from Fenwick being one lest his fans follow him there too (no offense intended). Gandara put one up only the other day and 2 guilds have expressed interest already, to my knowledge.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

Nice to hear; tbh queues are only a problem here when we have an easy matchup. Don’t we all love fair weather players and the PvE horde running around to get their easy map completion. Then and again queues aren’t really a problem in most cases cos EotM now. If nothing else the community’s worth it. For example we have a ThisisGandara IV guilds compilation video that just went up. Fun events like that make a server worth being on. Again more shameless self promotion, maybe there’s a better place for me to be casually conversing with you.

In terms of adding something to the thread, I’d like to say that WvW players don’t necessarily have to always think about points constantly. Examples being most WvW guilds like Fenwick said as well as pretty much any server that isn’t Deso/GH/Some other servers ranked higher; and when you stop playing the game for enjoyment, good fights and good fun, you’re in danger of losing sight of what the game’s about. Not saying don’t consider points at all, just find a balance. If you’re looking at the points timer every minute and trying to cap things accordingly, I think you’ve gone a little too far.

Other than that @ UW, try posting something like this but similar in the World Recruitment section, basically list all of the pros like any recruitment thread, and make sure you have people for contact details down the bottom. Maybe refrain from Fenwick being one lest his fans follow him there too (no offense intended). Gandara put one up only the other day and 2 guilds have expressed interest already, to my knowledge.

Gh aren’t a point server, we’re a fight server, just because we have a higher pop than gand currently, (which hasn’t always been the case) Doesn’t mean we’re all for points :P. This should have been evident with the amount of time we’ve been matched up against eachother. We even dueled in eb last matchup we had immol [ending in a draw],i am dissapointed you would carelessly slander the greatest eu server like this(Excuse the self promotion!). You should feel bad. Besides, if anything this is probably the whooped backside from our matchups talking and forming an obsurd view of our server, again you should feel bad! We worked hard to be able to hold our own in wvw, the sever has come along way since season 1!

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Epikindinos.9476

Epikindinos.9476

mPascoal, as much as I like your passion for your server, I think you are not aiming your passion at the correct server.

I was a part of Underworld for 10 Months, before we, as GRTS, decided to leave (after most of the WvW guilds have left). The reason we left was the LACK of Community, there were times we would go in WvW and no other guild was raiding on any map.
I remember going to the community forums only because there was some drama thread and people talking crp about eachother.

Last time I checked those forums was end of this December, and it was still as dead as 6 months ago. So where is this community you are talking about? (Unless you moved site since then… lol)
You have no idea what a community is unless you transfer out of UW.

I also agree with Ezekiel (first commander I followed lol), if you are going to post something like this, post it in World recruitment, with what exactly you have to offer, no bullshxt. Because the moment guilds transfer in, and see what kind of server it is, and it not what you advertised, that’s when things get nasty.
I have respect for Fenwick as he was the only real person trying to create a community, but it didn’t work because a lot of people/guilds just don’t like him, and simply do not want to be a part of what he has (tried) to create. Also Fenwick we have every right to post here as ex-UW people, cause everyone needs to know both sides of the coin, not just the “nice” stuff…

(also off topic : Lol at the comment about GH being PPT server)

I wish good luck to Mayh and SPGR and whoever is still alive and kicking in Underworld.

GRTS

Commander Jack Da Black/Kindinos[GRTS]
Greek Titans
Gunnars Hold

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Immolator.5640

Gh aren’t a point server, we’re a fight server, just because we have a higher pop than gand currently, (which hasn’t always been the case) Doesn’t mean we’re all for points :P. This should have been evident with the amount of time we’ve been matched up against eachother. We even dueled in eb last matchup we had immol [ending in a draw],i am dissapointed you would carelessly slander the greatest eu server like this(Excuse the self promotion!). You should feel bad. Besides, if anything this is probably the whooped backside from our matchups talking and forming an obsurd view of our server, again you should feel bad! We worked hard to be able to hold our own in wvw, the sever has come along way since season 1!

Alright GH isn’t a PPT server, it was like 1 in the morning and I was confused, it’s just because Deso is and GH is Neo-Deso so it’s hard to tell the difference. In fairness the huge night and morning cap makes it possible to mistake it for PPT orientated. Furthermore the amount of difficulty involved in finding a GH guild not running 5 metres from another, or similarly a fight without another guild charging into us, despite being outnumbered in the first place (hence why most everyone on my server calls you Gunnar’s Handhold, in a vaguely affectionate way [whilst not being stomped and emoted on by 3x numbers]) it doesn’t give much evidence towards them being a fight orientated server. From my own point of view, having only seen you from the other side, it’s hard for me to tell, I suppose.

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

I remember fighting Underworld, they have been outnumbered most the time but seemed to be pretty relaxed. No need to spread hate if you left them mate.

Especially if we all know who are the real filth. Gankdara we are all kittenbags.
Sorry could only resist for about 20 minutes to say that.

@Immolator, how dare you speaking my servers name. Don’t even think it !!!

@Underworld, best luck to all of you hopefully you will get what you are looking for.

Greezzz

edit: … getting censored ? really anet ?

(edited by MiniMe.1960)

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Good luck on recruiting.

A word of advice to potential joiners: There is a reason all of the WvW-focused guild left Underworld. And it was not due to losing.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Trust me numbers is but a illusion.

Im on piken wiping 70man blob with 25ppl.

or 10 ppl taking on a 30man zerg easily..

Ofcourse it is a elite guild group but still.
Just keep practising,

However for public commanding numbers a recommended, so yes u should look for numbers, but u shouldnt prioitise it over training

You don’t happen to be ObV? Got 2 friends there xD

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I dunno, but you guys are still fighting over something that happened months ago.

There is quite a good community in the underworld at the moment, and we even had sorts of an alliance , called White Lion Event Company [WLEC] made last month, just to organize our server a bit more. It has some of the guild leaders in it, and Mayhem we have currently left out of it, because it was only causing controversy, and Robert proves that by really just blaming us at us for not just letting them enter, telling some guilds to not enter out of spite, lol, but hey.

Personally I don’t see that much harm in leaving them out of the alliance, they have enough numbers to still organise things for themselves and we still communicate those events by getting people to their events. It cuts out on the drama, it gives people a choice, and everyone still gets informed when something mayor happens on the server. Or at least we still have been whispering guild leaders when Mayh/Lusa (and blod, who is in WLEC) is doing their weekly world event. Tequatl or some such.

So we basically have all remaining guilds working together by doing their own things. And some still organisation with the new initiative (although it’s a month old) where alot of other guilds have sorts of a system to call out for certain events to simply band the server together. And the old initiative of Robert, who still does their events.

It’s really no different than top tier servers with multiple alliances.

WvW has been a bit unorganised still, but there are still commanders who go there every day, and try to organise the players there. WLEC is only a month old, and it’s only growing slowly. We still had some great events. :p

Our somewhat smaller guild ([Rock]) still captures keeps and we really don’t have that much trouble to let the Mayh zerg get some free worldXP even after we basically capped it on our own. :P

To be honest leaving over one person or his guild is kinda pathetic, we simply formed somewhat of a counter initiative for everyone who doesn’t want to deal with that. It’s not that hard.

So all this hate for the underworld is completely biased because people dislike one person. One out of thousands of players.
If that’s -really- a reason to not join our server, then you probably might have a problem. Every server has their controversial guilds/players. (even Desolation, I’m told)

PS.

Here’s some nice examples of what ALSO is happening on the Underworld server:

http://wlec.shivtr.com/news_entries/196497
http://wlec.shivtr.com/news_entries/198523
http://wlec.shivtr.com/news_entries/200070

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Revive Underworld!

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But that is not really the case though.
There were 3 or 4 different tries to organize the community (and especially the WvW part) on UW, and every single time these tries failed, due to more or less the exact same thing, so clearly there is some sort of issues there.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square