Rezing through gate/watergate

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Trying to find some consensus, I know that rezing through a gate, ( like at Bay Watergate) is considered poor form and a cheap trick, but is it considered an exploit?

Post your opinion.

I’ve seen people hide dead at a WG for hours, which takes dedication, both from the defenders and the mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Yes, it is an exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Not an exploit. Cheap trick, but not an exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I would argue that it probably is an exploit. It seems highly unlikely that Anet intended for it to work, and the only reason that it’s still in game is that they’re unable/unwilling to fix it. Abusing something unintended like this that can give such a huge advantage qualifies as an exploit in my book.

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Rezzing-through-the-gate/first#post1763217
This is the only time Anet acknowledges it from what I can find and they say it’s an exploit. Not something you can really report though even with video/ss proof because anet never bans.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

If it took more than 1 year to change the tag’s color, it would take forever to add a timer.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Been in since release… likely not going to be fixed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just make it so you cant reset the afk timer with changing a piece of gear. Bad design if you ask me. Its not that they going to fix all gates to ress you through and im quite sure this isnt that much of work to get it done.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

I think it’s time to fix the (water)gate scandal. The easiest fix would be a LoS checking whether that LoS would cross obstructing, non-walkable meshes.

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

In my opinion and of course it is just an opinion rezzing through the gate is not an exploit. Reasoning?

1) If you can AOE/melee/kill a person on the other side of the gate then rezzing should also be an option.

2) Most if not all classes have some sort of “pull” skill to pull the enemy away from the gate before stomping

I do agree with getting rid of the ability to reset the timer.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Leave it in place. Add new functionality that allows corpses to be continually damaged to prevent ressing in combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

2) Most if not all classes have some sort of “pull” skill to pull the enemy away from the gate before stomping

You cannot pull an enemy on downed state. You can only launch/knockback…

Since you can still swin on downed state, it’s nearly impossible to not allow someone to make his way to bay (or even lowlands) watergate before dying.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

unfixed exploit. yet those exploiting it left unpunished by ANET. at least not that i have heard of anyone got banned for rezzing people through gate.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Fix water gates, places where some classes can hide inside wall and exit any time etc.
we players should contribute in a forum thread where only Anet dev’s could vew the full thread (player can post but only see what they have posted).

Imo this is the best way to dev’s get idea of what’s happening on WvW, but the real fix would be a new map ^^.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

The only consensus you’ll find is that Anet will do nothing about it.

However, the best evidence of the fact that it’s an exploit is that Anet has closed every thread in the past on this topic. This thread will be closed soon.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

The best fix would be to implement forced re spawn on death. This would also go a long way to fixing zerg fights.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

In my opinion and of course it is just an opinion rezzing through the gate is not an exploit. Reasoning?

1) If you can AOE/melee/kill a person on the other side of the gate then rezzing should also be an option.

I do agree with getting rid of the ability to reset the timer.

Is an exploit. Anet don’t made it because they want, is possible because they can’t fix it. And that is pretty much the definition of an exploit. An abuse of a bug in the game.

The same way, damage/cc shouldn’t pass gates.

But for me is more guilty who, being a mesmer, run to a watergate to die there for exploit abusing, that someone spamming damage in a gate. But is just an opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

easy solution would be to autorez a dead player to spawn after 5 minutes of death.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

easy solution would be to autorez a dead player to spawn instantly when dead

fixed. even better.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Orswich.6423

Orswich.6423

easy solution would be to autorez a dead player to spawn instantly when dead

fixed. even better.

5 minutes would be better.. if you long sieging an enemy keep, it gives a few minutes to rez up a few guys killed by AC’s etc before pushing in..

5 minutes is enough time to rez someone after a zvsz fight, but short enough that someone cant afk there to portal again later

Orswich/Schwabenghast [ING/Ankh] Dragonbrand commander
and sometimes even a decent human being

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

pretty much if this is an exploit so it is the cata spots that damage walls w/o hitting anything nearby that wall.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

pretty much if this is an exploit so it is the cata spots that damage walls w/o hitting anything nearby that wall.

That’s called splash damage, and isn’t remotely close to gate rezzing.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Hard to consider something a real exploit that has been reported a million times for 2 years straight and has never once been fixed or seen any changes to curb the behavior.

As we’ve seen mentioned in this thread… simply changing the res timer after death to 5 mins would have fixed this problem outright. Changing the gate to have a thicker door so you’re out of res range also would have fixed this. Requiring people to be on the surface of the water to res and make people slowly drift upwards on death would have fixed this.

In 2 years time not a single one of these solutions could be realized? And you want people to think it’s an exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Its a bug to dmg/res anybody through the gates/walls
They know it, they told they will fix it

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Hard to consider something a real exploit that has been reported a million times for 2 years straight and has never once been fixed or seen any changes to curb the behavior.

As we’ve seen mentioned in this thread… simply changing the res timer after death to 5 mins would have fixed this problem outright. Changing the gate to have a thicker door so you’re out of res range also would have fixed this. Requiring people to be on the surface of the water to res and make people slowly drift upwards on death would have fixed this.

In 2 years time not a single one of these solutions could be realized? And you want people to think it’s an exploit?

So you think because they haven’t fixed it in 2 years it’s not an exploit? What game are you playing that anet is quick to fix anything WvW related? By this logic glitching under the map to attack keeps is a legit strategy.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

So you think because they haven’t fixed it in 2 years it’s not an exploit? What game are you playing that anet is quick to fix anything WvW related? By this logic glitching under the map to attack keeps is a legit strategy.

Which game? Certainly not this one.

But in WoW thing that were identified as an exploit were fixed nearly immediately. At least to the point to stop the behavior. Same with Shadowbane. Ultima Online. Asheron’s Call.

People found an exploit spot? The removed the ladder to get up to the spot.

People were blinking on impassable terrain? Blink no longer could be targeted.

People would stack sticks and jump on them to gain a height advantage? Sticks were removed from the world.

People were meleeing down mobs with only a ranged attack animation? They added a mob to the pack with a melee attack. Range attack mobs on a roof against mobs with no ranged attack? Introduced a mob with the pack with a bow with longer range than players had.

I could list thousands of these examples over the past 20 years. Very few are the times I’ve seen exploits with noticeable in-game implications remain untouched for months… let alone 2 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Feyd Rautha.7298

Feyd Rautha.7298

Keep reporting it Like any company with a ton of customers, Anet operates primarily through data. If you manage to blip the graph with the same bug, the product development pointy hairs will see it and may take action.

!(wired)?(coffee++):(wired);

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Keep reporting it Like any company with a ton of customers, Anet operates primarily through data. If you manage to blip the graph with the same bug, the product development pointy hairs will see it and may take action.

Because they didn’t got enough data about this one over the 2 years everyone been frowing upon it, right?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It is an exploit just like players standing in odd invuln areas and attacking, asuran jumping into inner SM, CnD off of walls/siege, etc. There are dozens of these in the game and until ANet fixes them we can dislike them but they aren’t cheating.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

That’s called splash damage, and isn’t remotely close to gate rezzing.

i know, but i was talking about the special splash damage spots, where u dont need to land a direct hit even near, if i recall in some places wont even trigger the white swords.