Roaming Duos

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: BfourD.8540

BfourD.8540

Hi Everyone,
I was just looking to get some peoples opinions on which class combinations you like to run with your buddies roaming in wvw. I do agree that any 2 good players could do well with any class, but I think some combinations just work well together. For example, right now I sometimes run Mesmer/Thief. The Mesmer creates a good distractions with clones/stealth while my thief can remain unfocused and pick off people real quick. Let me know what you guys think!

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Mmm hard to say. Anything and everything works for roaming. I have thief/warr/guard/mes/ele at this moment. I mostly roam in a group (3-5).

I have run as a guardian together with a warrior sometimes, or as warrior with a guardian. That seems to work, with several build combinations:
- Today I ran as a mostly zerk warrior hammer/gs with extra condition duration removal (10-0-30-0-30 traits) and my mate was running guardian meditations, knight gear mostly I think, with meditations.
- A while ago I ran a consecration guardian coupled with a condition warrior (swords + longbow). We easily fended off 5+ people at all times (camping a camp :p )
- Mesmers are always nice to have in a group, thieves work for ganking people fast, but usually very weak if they don’t have a few people to back them up and take the damage.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

One thief and one Mesmer, or two thieves, or two mesmers.

I currently run a necro recklessly.

Teef master race

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

One thief and one Mesmer, or two thieves, or two mesmers.

Pretty much the strongest combo

Stealth + Perplex abuse

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: BfourD.8540

BfourD.8540

I heard someone suggest engi/war. Any thoughts? I dont really know too much about engi so I wasn’t too sure.

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I currently run a necro recklessly.

Necro roamers for life!

The Mister and I run a necro duo.

But yes, Thief/Mes seem to be a pretty good combo given all the things they can bounce back and forth with.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Yeah, the first thing I thought is when the thieves in my guild want to roam with my Mesmer. I run a condition build with lots of vit and toughness that pumps out clones, blocks a lot, and uses stealth when the blocks run out. It’s really not fair, by the time you figure out there’s a thief there it’s often too late. Nasty combination to deal with.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Ranger and Engineer
Ranger and Thief
Ranger and Elementalist

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Two thieves. Each can solo a supply camp in 35 seconds (excluding capture time) and you can coordinate the pull together to speed it up even more. Also the fastest moving profession in the game and can stealth to always get away. Your group is only as fast as your slowest person which is why I like two thieves over thief and something else (though warrior is a close second in movement speed). When bored or in a BL with little resistance, it’s fun to walk a golem to a tower or keep. I have travelers runes so I can build it at the supply camp and walk it over. I also have R4 catapult mastery which means 2 mins to take down a wall so we can flash build a guild catapult at a keep or tower if just one of us previously picked up +5 supply from one of our structures at our home BL. If we are hitting east or west keep, I can just place the catapult such that it can take down both the outer and inner from its spot (doesn’t start hitting inner until outer is already down of course).

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Two medium armour work really well in small scale. They are the best for roaming imo

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I think a mesmer and thief are pretty strong. There’s some obvious synergy between the two when the thief is running the usual shadow arts gank build and the mesmer runs maybe something like 20/20/30 with prismatic understanding, torch, decoy, MI, etc. Those types of builds tend to endlessly frustrate stray zerglings that think they can rush in for a free bag in skirmishes.

Really though with traveler’s runes, any class can potentially roam with the whole build devoted to optimum combat, not wasting slot skills or traits for speed buffs. I can’t think of any combination of two good players that would be bad per se, but again, builds with mesmers and stealth tend to be the most frustrating for the average wvw player to handle. Refuge and to a lesser extent MI are also the best outs when things do get out of hand.

(edited by zen.6091)

Roaming Duos

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Two PVT Guardians. Kill your opponents with boredom.