SBI-JQ-Blackgate-10/26 New and Improved.

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

Every 1/3 person I get to kill on SBI seems to have a commander tag, fun stuff

Anyway, don’t go making excuses. You are double teaming and have been since the end of the weekend.
When you basically have JQ/SBI zergs run past each other waving hello and charging like bulls into anything that’s red.
Or have JQ defend SBI keeps.
Or SBI not touching anything green until it turns red.

JQ, seems to enjoy their free ride, now that they can’t outman SBI and don’t dare to touch anything that’s blue.
Just chasing anything that’s red and not in the way of SBI.

Still enjoying my fights tho, better than fighting ghost servers.
Can’t complain that there isn’t anything to fight.
Just interesting to see over the course of this week how SBI actually is dirty enough to fight outside the game rather than inside.
Acting like the nice guys they supposedly are and how they have been set up with the bad guys (BG, ye we’r the bad guys, get the pun?) and have to deal with us.

As for the US East Coast players, I hope you and your families are doing allright.
It really is noticeable what Sandy did to the player-base of those hours.

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

in WvW

Posted by: Talesslaser.7813

Talesslaser.7813

If by SBI 2v1ing BG you mean “SBI is trashing JQ so hard every time they try to touch anything that’s blue they just give up and have nothing to attack that isn’t red” then yes, it seems you’d be correct. It’s not like SBI isn’t fighting JQ, every now and then JQ tries to send a force of like 20 people to ninja an SBI tower under our noses while we’re attacking BG, but we just send a force of 15 people back to wipe them out and move back to fighting BG. Maybe that just means BG is an easier target then SBI? Honestly, it’s seems like BG has been doing the same thing to JQ, but what do you want JQ to do?

I’m sick of these posts blaming SBI for 2v1. We don’t have anything to do with JQ, so why don’t you just go ask JQ why they “refuse to attack SBI”, I’d actually love to see the responses you’d get.

in WvW

Posted by: Stublin.7619

Stublin.7619

Update 4 AM EST

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

SBI just spend 3 straight hours attacking SM and JQ and every time they got smashed back, so they went to BG. Same with when JQ attacks SBI. BG is easy points and that is why it seems like they get attacked more because the attacks work and take keeps easily.

Its not that both sides aren’t attacking each other, in EB its that neither can really gain any ground because of the match ups.

in WvW

Posted by: flagg.6073

flagg.6073

Another wonderful week of fights. Once again, SBI seems to have weathered the early onslaught and I’m really interested to see if BG has an answer.
The bunker tactics that were so dominant in the beginning of the week are having less and less of an impact. Though, when executed skillfully, it can still present quite an obstacle.
Finally, it would be nice if we could get some new material from all the complainers. The 2v1 stuff is really getting old. Maybe work the “Stormbluff, diplomatic geniuses” angle a little more?

Flagg – [CRNG]
Asura Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

Just a heads up guys all the 2v1 posts are people who are in EBG, when we owned SM we were being double teamed, when BG owned SM they got double teamed it comes as the nature of owning SM.

At times when you do not own SM it can be a 2v1 when your seen as being very weak the other sides want the easy ponts take last week for example, JQ had outnumber buff so SBI took jerrifers and klovan and IoJ took Wildcreek and the other tower (cant remember the name).

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

(edited by Stenia.9623)

in WvW

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

Way to come back into the fight SBI! Hopefully I’ll be able to get on and get into the fray tonight.

Keep it classy.

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

SBI has never teamed up with JQ. And never will. We just have respect for JQ right now for being in Tier 1 with us for so long, kind of like our rival. The reason SBI hates HackGate so much is the fact LotD LEFT SBI and what not. We also do not like Hackers and Exploiters. So, with that being said, SBI chooses to attack HackGate because of that.

Also, SBI has MUCH better coordination that most servers. All the attacks and pushes were planned in advance. Each guild planned their own attacks, and even an entire SERVER attacked. Hell, I had a queue at 3 am EST. That isn’t right. But on the weekend I had no queue.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

I’m talking about SBI coming in full force on every BL, and ignoring JQ.
JQ taking anything they can take, and happily backstab from the other side, without having to worry about their stuff being hit by SBI ever until it turns Red.

Saying, that they don’t attack you, so you don’t attack them.
What exactly would you call that?

When you say SBI is being able to spare 15 man to go trash 20 JQs while still outmanning BG that just shows your W3 weekly coverage in numbers is stronger than BG.

This issue is actually less present in EB.
Even though we’r being double teamed there the whole week
Which frankly enough is a normal thing to happen if you play on the red side, due to map layout.
I think EB has a que (big or small) most of the time so SBI or BG doesn’t actually gain huge number advantage of players over the other

Anyway still plenty of fun fights.
And the week isn’t over yet.

At this point even JQ could still end up 1st

Calling a whole server "hack"gate just shows how narrow-minded you are.
As hackers have been spotted through out every match-up and including your server.
While you take every rumor and assumption of hacks as true facts without ever getting proof or even seen what actually happened and never once look in the mirror.
And then label a whole server for something they didn’t ask/want or could do anything about and what might have been possibly the same individual in every rumored case

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

(edited by Snow Aeth.1937)

in WvW

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Nonsense…. Green or Red… ya all RED to me .. end i kill everything RED i see !

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

“SBI and JQ are losing because they have been beaten and demoralized. Show me some resiliency and meet me on the field. I have a max height human female warrior with short platinum hair, HotW shoulders and boots, no helm, and Draconic Gloves, Chest, Legs. My guild tag is [KnT], my in-game name is Riven The Valorous, I have a commander tag so you can’t possibly mistake me. Come find me and I and the rest of [KnT] will give you your war. I’m waiting.”

Greetings. I’m also a blonde Warrior with similar armor and a commander tag. I also love battle. I represent [MORD] and I believe someone asked for war? Looks as if you got it. SBI are the comeback kids, and anyone saying we are demoralized clearly do not know us. Over the past 2 nights, we have dug our heels in and pushed both JQ and BG back in times reminiscent of last weeks miraculous 32k point comeback almost overnight. BG’s nifty portal bomb and turtle tactics are indeed incredible, and are most definitely NOT a cheat or exploit, just incredible tactics the likes of which neither JQ or SBI have ever seen or prepared to fight against… so it took us a few days to learn it, dissect it, and destroy it. I’ve enjoyed the past 2 weeks fights quite a lot, and look forward to more. Welcome to T-1 BG… and keep in mind.. SBI goes from last to first overnight. and we NEVER give up. Sorry for giving some of the previous posters the false belief that you “rolled over us”.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

My compliments to SBI. I’m a causal WvWer and was surprised I was able to get into BG BL yesterday, fought until my time was up (3-4 hours daily) and got a good amount of badges too. I don’t know how my fellow BG comrades will react but from what I’ve seen on BG BL, SBI is winning on skill and organization.

Tower Guard from Black Gate from day 1.

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

I must say, I get more and more impressed by SBI every week. I didn’t think they’d pull it off last week, and they did. Looks like it may be more of the same this week. Good Job SBI!!

As for the whole 2v1 thing, get over yourselves. It’s the appearance of a 2v1, happens all the time, in all the matchups. Here’s the thing though. I wouldn’t blame them if they chose to 2v1 you. BG had a great reputation (beastgate) as a server that wouldn’t quit, much like my own. Then they got mad transfers from HoD and started talking kitten to everybody on the forums. The last 2 weeks have seen the forums fill up with a bunch of garbage from a bunch of players who think they’re better than everybody. If i was on JQ or SBI, i would certainly tunnel vision on the kitten talkers too. Not that that’s what’s happening, just saying. Maybe try to put a little more sportsmanship into what you write, might get you further.

in WvW

Posted by: Arasuki.6094

Arasuki.6094

Every 1/3 person I get to kill on SBI seems to have a commander tag, fun stuff

Anyway, don’t go making excuses. You are double teaming and have been since the end of the weekend.
When you basically have JQ/SBI zergs run past each other waving hello and charging like bulls into anything that’s red.
Or have JQ defend SBI keeps.
Or SBI not touching anything green until it turns red.

JQ, seems to enjoy their free ride, now that they can’t outman SBI and don’t dare to touch anything that’s blue.
Just chasing anything that’s red and not in the way of SBI.

Still enjoying my fights tho, better than fighting ghost servers.
Can’t complain that there isn’t anything to fight.
Just interesting to see over the course of this week how SBI actually is dirty enough to fight outside the game rather than inside.
Acting like the nice guys they supposedly are and how they have been set up with the bad guys (BG, ye we’r the bad guys, get the pun?) and have to deal with us.

As for the US East Coast players, I hope you and your families are doing allright.
It really is noticeable what Sandy did to the player-base of those hours.

you seem mad.

1. running past,the frequency of this is so miniscule it’s ridiculous. and even if it did happen, it would be because other things on the map are more important rather than squabbling on in the dead zone.
2. JQ defending sbi stuff. if by destroying our kitten is defending, yeah ok. if theyre hitting a gate, and u come up from behind, the chance of them turning around and defending themselves is probably 1 in…… hmm. 1. what you see is blinded by the intense hatred you have for the servers. tier 1 is for the respectful tactical and honest players.
3. i play the role of a scout in wvw. i get info. i do quick assassinations of enemy scouts ( which is hard as a ranger now ). i deceive opponents(only on the battlefield). lets say im standing on a hill watching a fortified green keep get taken by you. red. i rally people to me. and we wait. now. is it better to A. go in while all gates down and fight an alert red at the front and dual reinforcements behind. or B. wait until red takes it, green gives up on it and leaves it alone and red wanders off.

it’s all tactics my friend. you just gotta see it that way.
and seriously? double teaming? grow up. this isnt grade school.

[DU]Arasuki – Ranger
Down Under – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Luana.3289

Luana.3289

This Match aint over yet. We’ll show SBi the grand finale soon enough. Cheers från BG. Thank you both JQ and SBI for lots of fun fights. We’ll soon introduce a set of new tacts from our sleeves.

in WvW

Posted by: FoxxGen.9423

FoxxGen.9423

Reading this forum when we are so closely matched is great! I cannot find enough time to join, but reading this thread is like a great epic story from start to finish (sans a few whines and hax).

SBI has had its ups and its downs. It is one of the few T1 servers to consistently stay T1 (minus that wake-up call in T2). We are consistently strong, and that is why we stay where we are. We have incredible guilds and great commanders. We have leadership and strategy. We have coverage. We recently acquired some guilds from overseas and it seems to have fully balanced our coverage.

BG, when we all play nicely it is great fun playing when I can get the time. JQ, our constant nemesis, it has been enjoyable and you always find ways to hurt us!

Keep the epic fights epic!

in WvW

Posted by: Renowneddragoon.4536

Renowneddragoon.4536

Here is a Score Update

Attachments:

wvw ranks -http://mos.millenium.org/matchups
FA -Select Few [sF]

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

Been a fun week so far. Thoughts:
Last week SBI made a comeback and cruised to the end. This week SBI made a comeback, will JQ or BG mount their own response? I expect one if not both to step up the pressure. In fact both were pushing in the BLs this morning before I had to go to work.

As for the 2v1 comments, it can happen sure. But a pre-arraigned deal, lol WTF you smoking. JQ and SBI has too much bad blood from the beginning to call a truce. Even if large guilds tried to, it’d get shattered by smaller guilds.

Respect between the two is growing though. Don’t confuse respect with a planned 2v1.

Keep up the fight!

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

Posted by: wacko.7543

wacko.7543

you should all feel better now that guilds have transferred off BG again… so… enjoy

Nori Senbei (Black Cloak) Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Seriously, don’t use the lame 2v1 excuse. Everyone gets 2v1’d in WvW. I don’t know what makes you think JQ isn’t attacking SBI in EB. We’re constantly running on both ends of the map to fight both of you off, and sometimes it will be BG, followed by JQ minutes later at the exact same spot (as happened on several occasions last night).

And honestly if we all meet up in the field why wouldn’t we attack BG over JQ? It makes sense doesn’t it that we would be targeting the server that is currently the biggest threat to our winning the match (points-wise of course). It’s called strategy. Heck if I were JQ I would be targeting you as well to try and shore up a second place position before coming after SBI for the first spot.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

kidbs.8920

you should all feel better now that guilds have transferred off BG again… so… enjoy

Wow, if that is the case it’s just sad. These bandwagon people have no pride and don’t give a crap what they do to a server or it’s reputation.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I guess one thing of interest is that BG and SoS are separated by only 90 points as of right now with 1 1/2 days to go with SoS rating should only go up, albeit slightly

Would be interesting for BG to actually get 2nd place and drop out of t1. Highly unlikely but we’ll know in a day

in WvW

Posted by: Treble.1563

Treble.1563

Snow Aeth.1937

People cry when they ain’t winning.

Snow Aeth.1937

You are double teaming and have been since the end of the weekend.

Snow Aeth.1937

I’m talking about SBI coming in full force on every BL, and ignoring JQ.

Wut?

To the real players on BG who don’t waste their time QQing about nonsense, you can still take this. Don’t give up yet!

S U M E T A L [ Warrior ][ S/Wh + Ham ][ Zerg Shout Support ]
M O A M E T A L [ Necromancer ][ Staff + D/F ][ Power DS/Wells ]
Y U I M E T A L [ Engineer ][ 3kit P/S ][ Havoc Roam ]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I think I need to preface this so that anyone who feels like reading the oncoming walls of text has a bit of a background. Also spoiler, massive walls of text inbound.

For starters, props to SBI. Mad respect. We’ll cover this some more later, but it’s important.

I’m originally from Fort aspenwood. It’s the server all my friends started on. A little history lesson though: Fort aspenwoods first ranked match was against JQ. They stomped us so hard our next match was vs kaineng. After that we established ourselves as the #12 server. The absolute average. Soon after that we actually started gaining speed, until we fought blackgate in the T3 (I believe. May have been T4) bracket. It was then that I realized a few things 1. FA had no co-ordination during most of our WvW life. The commanders on FA are more likely to be found in Orr or LA than anywhere else and 2. we dont like spending money. Watching Blackgate field 8 times our siege everywhere on every map was interesting to say the least. I realized that FA had been winning because we had population rather than anything else. We were beating servers like Maguuma or Dragonbrand, SoS or SoR, simply because nighttime rolled around and we had 690 PP’s. Size was our strength, and the moment we met a server just as big as us we got crushed. That was it.

I did eventually transfer to blackgate, as it’s where my dungeon running guild is located (and for those unaware, if you arent on that server you cant gain them influence even if you represent them, which wasnt cool when they were the guild I spent most of my time repping, so I hopped over) I’ve spent the past 3 matchups on blackgate, and they were… not exactly fun. Quite a few stomps, and no real way to identify servers based on their size or strategy.

But then we got moved into the T1 bracket. Yes I thought, now we’re going to see some true co-operation, co-ordination, and determination. I was happy to see BG take an early lead, and I came on the forums, and was met with a horrifying sight. T1 players were complaining about strategies and tactics that reward co-operation and co-ordination. Strategies that had been used by EVERY server in EVERY other bracket for the past 2 months. I actually quit WvW when I saw BG at 660 PP’s. I was sorry for SBI and JQ, because to me, it seemed as if they made it to T1 because of their size, rather than their playing. If they were complaining about the “metagame” which had been around for over a month, especially one which was beating them, then they clearly didnt deserve to be T1 servers.

BUT
but. SBI did something. They took their QQ, and they channeled it into their pewpew, and slowly but surely they took the map, and the lead. Mad respect, total props. SBI has adapted to the situation, and they’ve proved they can 1. overcome adversity and 2. beat out BG, they’ve met the tactics/strategies, and they’ve countered them in some way. That’s all SBI had to do to get my respect, was play the game, and play it well. I havent seen a QQ post from SBI in over 24 hours, so, good job to SBI, looking forward to all our fights to come.

im a little disappointed still in JQ still. SBI players are saying you’re failing to take any of their stuff, which is a little sad, especially because it means you arent playing for first. As the current rank 1 server, who has been rank 1 for so long, and by so much that even when winning the last bracket you were losing rating for not stomping hard enough, you’re apparently not playing for first. And if you’re not playing for first, im not sure why you’re playing at all. And yes, playing for first would mean attacking SBI, as they’re currently in first place (and you can prove that with math)

Right now I expect good things from SBI. I do. They’ve proven that they’re capable of co-operation, co-ordination, determination, both within and even across servers (teamed up with JQ to attack first place in order to reach first place)

I would like to expect good things from JQ. But until I see some of those blue icons turning green, im not too sure I can respect, or expect anything from them. Youve got 2 days, there’s a lot you can do in 2 days.

Here’s to hoping.

in WvW

Posted by: wacko.7543

wacko.7543

Until free server transfers is gone, we’ll never have a true WvW battle. BG was holding our own til those guilds left, and now you see what it’s down too. Numbers mean everything, skill means something and server hopping kills the game.

Nori Senbei (Black Cloak) Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Until free server transfers is gone, we’ll never have a true WvW battle. BG was holding our own til those guilds left, and now you see what it’s down too. Numbers mean everything, skill means something and server hopping kills the game.

Well, they are on a 7 day cooldown now so I think the next few weeks will be VERY interesting.

The last few weeks have been great. It can only get better.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

It isn’t 2vs1, SBI just has a 3 to 1 man advantage once all the NA people go to sleep. That is why they always do most their pushing during that time period. BG and JQ were outmanned for several hours in EB during that period.

Don’t let them lie to you saying that they don’t have good coverage, they have the best coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Selminus.1490

Selminus.1490

Hi. I play with LoD on SBI. I am really isolated to my guild and do not have the map/team chats enabled the vast majority of the time that I play. I had no idea this much drama was surrounding our WvWs considering that it’s watered down PvP and we can’t even see other peoples names. I do know that we have way too many commanders on our server. Some of us were in a keep the other night regrouping and taking 5 and some kid named Cover Girl started barking orders at us. I found it really laughable that random pugs with no real following or guild think a 100g upgrade gives them any type of validity with other players. You don’t buy that, you earn it. I stay out of public chats anyway and prefer to only be around my own guild in WvW. I do know that Psylon and the other LoD do a great job and in some instances work with other guilds. They say that Jedbacca and Cohh are solid and that if LoD isn’t online it’s ok to follow their icons, but I still usually just wait for my guild to log on due to my comfort levels with them. I think that the commander icon needs to have guild status/size requirements for the people buying them. I use join squad anyway to get them off my map, but I know that they mislead newer players by making the wrong decisions and having a false sense of value because they either bought or farmed gold in PvE for a little blue dot. This is a very poor system that needs to be revised. I also wanted to throw out there that the BG stack strategy makes you come off like complete morons and is incredibly easy to counter with even remotely even #‘s. I’m not sure how you play like that and have any sense of dignity, especially after you get AOEd into the pavement for doing it and your server loses that week. I’d fire the guy who came up with it if I were you :p

in WvW

Posted by: StreetDoggy.1780

StreetDoggy.1780

It isn’t 2vs1, SBI just has a 3 to 1 man advantage once all the NA people go to sleep. That is why they always do most their pushing during that time period. BG and JQ were outmanned for several hours in EB during that period.

Don’t let them lie to you saying that they don’t have good coverage, they have the best coverage.

This statement is very true. SBI is an international server with a strong Oceanic presence that is well liked and highly respected by our NA players (even if sometimes they say the oddest things in chat). Any international players looking for a welcoming home are encouraged to join.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

“It isn’t 2vs1, SBI just has a 3 to 1 man advantage once all the NA people go to sleep.”

If it’s not 2vs1 it should be. There’s a reason there are 3 servers per bracket. The 2 losing teams are meant to double up on the first place team as its the best way to get into first place as you have more potential land to gobble up, and you dont run the risk of the first place server getting more territory and thus point advantages compared to you. This is one of the first times ive actually seen cross server teaming first hand, and it’s what is meant to happen. Most brackets just have clusterkitten supremes with all servers attacking all servers. But if you’re playing for first place, you’ve got to hold your own land, while aggressively attacking first place, even if you’re currently in last.

as for the NA times, the last time I didnt sleep, as in, stayed up till 5-7am EST, blackgate had 660 potential points. So clearly somewhere along the line SBI got it’s euro/asian players in gear and they got into the fights and did well.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

There’s no point in complaining about a 2v1. The matchup is 3 servers precisely so that a 2v1 may occur. Two servers ganging up against a 3rd is the way things are supposed to work.

in WvW

Posted by: Rraarrww.3894

Rraarrww.3894

@BMW
Who cares who’s still on the lead. We’re not talking about who’s winning, we’re talking about the horid attitudes some of the BG posters have here.

BTW I’m from HOD, we weren’t as arrogant as BG seems to be even as we dominated most matches. So you can save the “who’s winning” talk for someone that cares.

I’m wondering if you realize a large portion of HoD WvWguilds moved to Blackgate…. SO Blackgate players in WvW have a high likelihood of being from HoD.

I don’t remember BG trash talking this much in the forums either until a few weeks ago when the surge of transfers hopped on over.

I understand a large portion went BG, JQ and SBI. I just don’t remember as many arrogant posters from HOD. I could be wrong though cause I didn’t read every post.

Anyway, seems like a lot of fun the past 2 weeks. Hope my server puts up a fight next week.

in WvW

Posted by: tufy.7859

tufy.7859

As for the 2v1 comments, it can happen sure. But a pre-arraigned deal, lol WTF you smoking. JQ and SBI has too much bad blood from the beginning to call a truce. Even if large guilds tried to, it’d get shattered by smaller guilds.

Respect between the two is growing though. Don’t confuse respect with a planned 2v1.

There are attempts. Read this:

http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum/wvw/907-a-thought-on-what-we-can-do-for-fair-play

Now, I’m not saying it’s actually happening, but proof suggests otherwise – proof suggests that the servers actually did team up 2v1 on the grounds of (as far as I know so far unproven) accusations of hacking. I don’t intend to point fingers or anything, I’m simply showing evidence, make of it what you will.

Caitlyn Leafbound
Radiant Knights
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Yama.9376

Yama.9376

http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum/wvw/907-a-thought-on-what-we-can-do-for-fair-play

Now, I’m not saying it’s actually happening, but proof suggests otherwise – proof suggests that the servers actually did team up 2v1 on the grounds of (as far as I know so far unproven) accusations of hacking. I don’t intend to point fingers or anything, I’m simply showing evidence, make of it what you will.

2v1….duh it is open world with 3 servers battling… Do THE MATH!! Welcome to tier 1.. come back in a few weeks … We will still be here …

SBI THUGS

Zibzab SBI
Pnt N Lol at Bndwgn Zerg Server[sOLo]
Zergling Hunter [ZILF]

in WvW

Posted by: Treble.1563

Treble.1563

@Selminus
There’s no room on SBI for that kind of elitist attitude. Everyone contributes on the server; not just LoD, and not just big guilds.

S U M E T A L [ Warrior ][ S/Wh + Ham ][ Zerg Shout Support ]
M O A M E T A L [ Necromancer ][ Staff + D/F ][ Power DS/Wells ]
Y U I M E T A L [ Engineer ][ 3kit P/S ][ Havoc Roam ]

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

When players hack, or appear to hack, expect a backlash. It doesn’t really matter whether it actually happened or whether it’s even remotely fair to blame “the whole server”.

Fact of the matter is players will behave however they want in a game, and that will typically mean going hulk ragemode on opponents they dislike.

This happens every time highly suspect (or blatant cheating) happens. Unless the server doesn’t have a sack, of course (cough CD, cough).

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

Wow…that even came from a guildie who is always like if it’s red it’s dead. Going to take him outback to the woodshed for that one.

I know what he was getting at, as he despises cheats/hacks more than JQ. (Edit: I don’t think he or anyone in our guild, or even any native SBI player would go for any alliance. While respect between JQ and SBI is growing, there is too much bad blood to permit it. Think of it as Ray Lewis to Big Ben a few seasons ago. Sent him well wishes for a speedy recovery, so that he could try to kill Ben himself. Much respect, but still going to kill you.)

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

(edited by zoobaby.7804)

in WvW

Posted by: emoleas.4309

emoleas.4309

Hi. I play with LoD on SBI. I am really isolated to my guild and do not have the map/team chats enabled the vast majority of the time that I play. I had no idea this much drama was surrounding our WvWs considering that it’s watered down PvP and we can’t even see other peoples names. I do know that we have way too many commanders on our server. Some of us were in a keep the other night regrouping and taking 5 and some kid named Cover Girl started barking orders at us. I found it really laughable that random pugs with no real following or guild think a 100g upgrade gives them any type of validity with other players. You don’t buy that, you earn it. I stay out of public chats anyway and prefer to only be around my own guild in WvW. I do know that Psylon and the other LoD do a great job and in some instances work with other guilds. They say that Jedbacca and Cohh are solid and that if LoD isn’t online it’s ok to follow their icons, but I still usually just wait for my guild to log on due to my comfort levels with them. I think that the commander icon needs to have guild status/size requirements for the people buying them. I use join squad anyway to get them off my map, but I know that they mislead newer players by making the wrong decisions and having a false sense of value because they either bought or farmed gold in PvE for a little blue dot. This is a very poor system that needs to be revised. I also wanted to throw out there that the BG stack strategy makes you come off like complete morons and is incredibly easy to counter with even remotely even #‘s. I’m not sure how you play like that and have any sense of dignity, especially after you get AOEd into the pavement for doing it and your server loses that week. I’d fire the guy who came up with it if I were you :p

I just lost all respect for LoD reading this post.

I followed you guys around for about 3 hours to see how you operate. I thought you guys were pretty good and organized; but also saw areas you could improve. I’ve seen PUGs run groups better than you. I’ve seen PUGs run groups worse than you. LoD is nothing special, and a post like this is just despicable.

in WvW

kidbs.8920

@tufy
That is just the post of someone on our forums that is stating what he would like to see happen out of anger and general dislike for BG. No one on SBI is actually in contact with any JQ commanders. It’s not like SBI and JQ are friends. We’ve built up far too big a rivalry for something like that to ever fly.

Any 2v1 situations are of the normal variety that every server faces in a 3 server match. What you guys at BG are seeing is how SBI works as a coordinated team. Up until now BG has been able to sprint out to big leads over smaller servers and just continue to amass points. What we at SBI know as an experienced T1 server is that these matches are a marathon and not a sprint. We pace ourselves over the course of the week and then strike when the time is right.

Many people were just tired from the JQ match and also frustrated with the orb hacking business (along with the halloween event) and took a few days off to rest. You are now seeing our force coming back in full and rejuvenated. The BG chestpounders at the beginning of the week just didn’t understand this even though people on both JQ and SBI knew this to be the case.

in WvW

kidbs.8920

I just lost all respect for LoD reading this post.

I followed you guys around for about 3 hours to see how you operate. I thought you guys were pretty good and organized; but also saw areas you could improve. I’ve seen PUGs run groups better than you. I’ve seen PUGs run groups worse than you. LoD is nothing special, and a post like this is just despicable.

Let’s take this to our server forums please.

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

where were those BG ppl saying 2vs1? sure we can handle it… obviously you cant even handle 1v1, what did i say about your pov’s 2v1 not even half our force? it’ll be bad because there’s no way you can deal with SbI and JQ full force if they ever agree on doing so… you guys cant even handle WM guild let alone all the guilds we have in SbI, now people are complaining 2v1 on your side again but with a different tone this time LMFAO

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Can you SBIers not argue in here ? please delete your posts and quotes. Take it to our forums. The beer is better here and you have Jed as a gentle kindhearted moderator.

I’m sure you all want the best for our server and that you do your best to do it. Conflicts appear – let’s solve them.

in WvW

Posted by: Kayla.2498

Kayla.2498

Let’s just try to enjoy the last stretch of this match instead of flaming one another.
BG has brought to the table this week with tactics we have not seen in Tier 1 and made us all better players.
Individual players had to use more brains and co-ordinate better instead of just the usual follow the commander and zerg without thought.
It’s probably gonna be the same match up next week and with this week experiences I believe all 3 servers will step up the game next week to prove their own worth.

And of course to my home server, <333333

Attachments:

Kyzrael / Vyzrael – Mesmer / Guardian
Crimson Sky [Sky] Stormbluff Isle
www.crimsonskygw2.com

(edited by Kayla.2498)

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

BUT
but. SBI did something. They took their QQ, and they channeled it into their pewpew, and slowly but surely they took the map, and the lead. Mad respect, total props. SBI has adapted to the situation, and they’ve proved they can 1. overcome adversity and 2. beat out BG, they’ve met the tactics/strategies, and they’ve countered them in some way. That’s all SBI had to do to get my respect, was play the game, and play it well. I havent seen a QQ post from SBI in over 24 hours, so, good job to SBI, looking forward to all our fights to come.

Just FYI, the generic attitude on SBI that I’ve seen regarding WvW is this: If it’s working as intended, you can use it however you want. People complaining on the forums rarely represent the actual majority of us on SBI.

We definitely weren’t ready for the turtle (many of us weren’t even aware of this game mechanic) and it threw us for a loop. Combine that with the fact that a good number of our guilds are PvX and were off playing with Halloween goodies and you see what happens.

If there’s one thing I love (abso-kitten-lutely LOVE) about SBI is that we don’t seem to give up no matter what. We may need a break. We may rant a bit here and there. But when push comes to shove, so many of us just love playing WvW that it always seems to draw us back in….and our guilds generally work very well together.

I see groups of people fall into line in an instant and work together as if they’ve been doing so for weeks. Lines of combo fields just in front of the front line, protective barriers and AoE buffs thrown down consecutively instead of haphazardly, thieves hooking up to packs and acting as invisible healers as well as straggler punishers. Our server just works very well together.

There was only one time I remember us just flat out needing to leave WvW and that was facing the Beast of Denravi. Jeez those were some rough weeks….we needed to just let ourselves fall to T2 just to remind ourselves that we really do belong in T1!

But I digress. My point is that you shouldn’t associate any forum crying with the server the whiners are from. Most of the people on SBI really do believe all’s fair in WvW so long as you aren’t cheating. Most people on BG aren’t hackers, cheaters, or jerks. Most people on JQ are good players and they are certainly strong enough to deserve to be in T1 (I have no doubt we will see them here again).

Every one of you needs to keep building the kind of server pride I’ve been seeing since the day I first got to SBI in week 1 (I transferred from Maguuma….that’s the last time I trust Goons with my gaming experience :-P ). It will make you all work better together and let you remain strong in the face of anything. There’s nothing that would make me transfer off SBI and the fact that most of us feel that way is a big part of what makes us so strong :-)

Whatever the case, I expect to see a strong push from both servers tonight as we attempt to keep our lead and win this thing. BG, JQ, come at us, bros! I bet you don’t even lift!

SBI? You guys rock my world (vs. world)! XD

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Perception certainly distorts reality. We have definitely gained a non US prime time krew, primarily thanks to our new Korean friends.

However, I disagree with the premise that SBI has boasted an off peak force larger than our opponents. For the past few weeks we have repeatedly seen our massive prime time gains be erased overnight by BG. This has been the trend. Take it by day, lose it by night.

We’ve had some herculean efforts from our guilds who contributed extra coverage by staying up late before we had any meaningful night krew dedicate themselves to this task.

I suspect that this will change however. It would be nice if Anet released metrics on population changes that would make such migrations more visible to all players. I’m assuming the fair weather fans that just want to win will start showing up on our server soon, if they haven’t already started that process.

We are taking steps to preserve the community and integrity we value, but I don’t envy any server that has had to contend with these issues in the past (HoD, JQ, BG). Here’s hoping we can maintain what we’ve worked to build so far.

I really wish Anet would just lock out WvW participation for something like 30 days after you xfer. This way people can still move servers to join a guild but it will stymie all the server hopping that has plagued tier 1. Anet could also implement an age-on-server check that prioritizes joining the WvW queue. That would reward long time residents and encourage server stability.

Right now there are two class of players as I see it: those that take pride in their server and work to improve the community on it, and those that exhibit no allegiance to anything other than being on the winning team.

We can take steps toward community improvement, but developer support to promote the former class would be good for everyone as far as I can see.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

(edited by cold.3946)

in WvW

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

Sorry, but the former truth that SBI has no significant presence during off peak has been over for weeks now.

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

I’m not sure that was ever a truth, Magni. We had a lesser presence than HoD but we’ve always had pretty strong off-peak player base.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Talesslaser.7813

Talesslaser.7813

I still really don’t think SBI has any EU presence, it’s just that, especially over the last few weeks, our community as a whole has worked extra hard to hold onto our keeps during our weaker hours.

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Right now there are two class of players as I see it: those that take pride in their server and work to improve the community on it, and those that exhibit no allegiance to anything other than being on the winning team.

I was going to say I havent seen a more ridiculous statement but I stopped myself

First off I will say with 100% accuracy that if you started on let’s say 20 of the other servers other then SBI you wouldve transferred period
SBI is probably the only server who has:
1) showed any kind of constancy
2) avoided the bandwagoners-ie the hoarde of incompetence
SBI has only had one week not in t1 and now has won their first t1 match and may very well win 2 and take server rank 1.
Very easy to make a statement like that in that situation, thereby me calling it ridiculous
With victory comes the pain. I personally do not want you to experience it but if you rank 1 you will and then we will see how much server pride you have when all of a sudden 1/2 your guild is in queue, 20+ people per map are doing the jumping puzzle, no guildtag bandwagoners are stealing supply from keeps and repairing walls that are being trebbed until there is 0 supply in your keep. Guild mates spending 3+ hours in a queue then logging off
It is very fun I assure you.
Like I said I hope it doesn’t happen but if it does and guilds leave in droves I would be curious how the whole server pride thing lasts.
I personally have no shame at all in my 2 moves at all and I moved from a t2 server to another t2 server and then I moved from a t1 server to a t3 server, not that I am ignorant to the masses that just go to #1 because its #1, but I think you generalization is very poor

in WvW

Posted by: Osprey.6587

Osprey.6587

“As for the whole 2v1 thing, get over yourselves. It’s the appearance of a 2v1, happens all the time, in all the matchups. Here’s the thing though. I wouldn’t blame them if they chose to 2v1 you. BG had a great reputation (beastgate) as a server that wouldn’t quit, much like my own. Then they got mad transfers from HoD and started talking kitten to everybody on the forums. The last 2 weeks have seen the forums fill up with a bunch of garbage from a bunch of players who think they’re better than everybody. If i was on JQ or SBI, i would certainly tunnel vision on the kitten talkers too. Not that that’s what’s happening, just saying. Maybe try to put a little more sportsmanship into what you write, might get you further.”

There is truth in this. I don’t know if it’s something that is peculiar to Blackgate or not but we seem to have more than our share of conspiracy theorists that always think the other two servers are working in concert against us lol. I know the trash talking certainly doesn’t help. I’m usually laughing at the notion everytime it is brought up because it is foolish IMO but last night I actually had to scratch my head about what I was seeing on the Blackgate Borderlands map.

We were trading blows with SBI over garrison and after I had to respawn, I took a look at the map and saw everything in the south was held by the default owners yet I kept seeing JQ up taking our supply camps in the north and running around causing trouble. Not saying there was any funny business going on but I thought it was odd that they were not taking the opportunity to assault some of the stuff down south that had to have been lightly defended. I know I would have if I were in their shoes.

As for the 2 on 1 thing, I find it particularly laughable when people cry about it when their server is currently in the lead on points and/or holds most of the structures. What else are you expecting to happen? If you want to catch up to the first place team, you have to go after them. If the 2nd and 3rd place servers fight each other, it isn’t stopping #1 from gaining points and that’s the name of the game.

Dr J/Lord Osprey/Big Show Joe
Guild Leader of [HOGS]
Blackgate