STEALTH stomping needs to stop.

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

1. Put a “+” in team chat.
  2. Find a party member. One will do.
  3. Make sure both of you have a AOE knockback equipped.
  4. Problem solved.
  2. Find a party member. Make sure that party member has decent AOE (GS warriors come to mind).
  3. AOE the area around your party member when they are getting stomped.
  4. Thief is downed due to his own arrogance and false sense of security.
  5. Problem solved.
  1. Don’t run glass cannon builds.
  2. Don’t get downed.
  3. Problem solved.
Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

2. Find a party member. One will do.
  3. Make sure both of you have a AOE knockback equipped.
  4. Problem solved.
  2. Find a party member. Make sure that party member has decent AOE (GS warriors come to mind).
  3. AOE the area around your party member when they are getting stomped.
  4. Thief is downed due to his own arrogance and false sense of security.
  5. Problem solved.

You can solve ANY problem by just outmanning your opponent. So we dont need any balancing at all? Awesome.

Again: What makes stealth stomping far superior to stability/block stomping is thakittens repeatable every few seconds whereas Stability and Blocks have huge cooldowns, need utility slots and are usually needed for combat. You cannot waste those abilities exclusively for stomping whereas thieves can stealth stomp any time all day long.

in WvW

zamalek.2154

You can solve ANY problem by just outmanning your opponent.

No you can’t . A competent thief will deal with two competent players, as they have a tactical advantage (that most use as a crutch). 90% of being competent is not burning a stealth ability cooldown on something as pointless as a death flourish when you can simply continue to DPS them (as you were before). Grouping up and taking advantage of idiots who stealth stomp is part of taking advantage of your enemies weaknesses. Them roaming in WvW killing players who complain instead of improving their game is them taking advantage of a weakness.

To be clear, I don’t have a thief, I don’t intend on making a thief and have never had a problem with death-stomping-thiefs. Every time I have been killed by a thief it was my own mistake.

Working as intended.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I like stealth stomping. Cuz I am childish and a very very bad player. And stealth makes you immune to everything, as we all know, and stealth stomps can by no means be countered.

Stealth Stomp FTW!!! Muhahahaha

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I like high DPS theives for one reason, and that is, they punnish those berserkers. If you want high damage, get ready to pay the price. Every build has a weakness, and a berserker’s weakness is a berserk theif

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah stealth stomping is annoying, but the whole class is annoying as it is a trollclass. whenever i see a permastealth backstabbing spammer, i picture a 13year old thinking about himself how great he is and laughing the whole time.
people are frustrated with that class. too much dps, too much stealth, too much mobility.
i dont mind the mobility, but the way stealth is implemented in gw2 is the most kittened thing i have ever seen in a mmo. u get boons, heals, condition cleansing and extra dmg from stealth. in any other game u either cant move that fast, can only use certain attacks, cannot stack stealth, cannot attack or cannot move at all or stealth is broken the moment u get hit or take dmg.

i think anet needs to give thieves more viable builds before they can change stealth though. dps and cooldowns also need to be looked at, but if they are supposed to be the most mobile class im fine with that.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

If stealth stomping needs to be nerfed, so does mist form, distortion, stability and teleport stomping. It’s part of the game. There will always be QQers.

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

1. downed skills (the interrupt/stomp breaks) shouldn’t be player targeted. I’d prefer them to be ground targeted.

Whenever I get stealth stomped I know it’s coming and I know exactly where the player is. I could throw my Hammer at them and interrupt them no problem. But I can’t target them. So I guess my Hammer has to stay in my pocket. :[

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

The problem about thieves is not the stealth. In fact the stealth itself is quite good implemented in the game imho. However, the ability to heal up very quickly, even passivly through traits during stealth and that conected with condition remove every 3 seconds, via another trait and on heal and on teleport, makes thos D/P perma stealth theives very annoying. However, “annoying” is the correct describtion. It doesn’t make them OP.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

The problem about thieves is not the stealth. In fact the stealth itself is quite good implemented in the game imho. However, the ability to heal up very quickly, even passivly through traits during stealth and that conected with condition remove every 3 seconds, via another trait and on heal and on teleport, makes thos D/P perma stealth theives very annoying. However, “annoying” is the correct describtion. It doesn’t make them OP.

I agree with you. I don’t mind stealth at all. What bothers me is when I successfully evade his burst and hit him pretty hard myself only to see him disappear and then reappear a few seconds later beyond 1200 range and fully healed.

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Stealth stomping is the most insanely stupid kitten I have ever seen in any mmo.

Should Blink, Mist Form, Distortion, Portal, Aegis, Blind and Stability stomps be removed too? Stealth Stomping is a valid game mechanic and while annoying should stay, there is counterplay to Stealth Stomps.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

What makes stealth stomping far superior to stability/block stomping is thakittens repeatable every few seconds whereas Stability and Blocks have huge cooldowns, need utility slots and are usually needed for combat.

The difference is that you can stop a stealth stomp, you can’t stop stability/invulnerable stomps.

You cannot waste those abilities exclusively for stomping whereas thieves can stealth stomp any time all day long.

By this comment I can tell that you’re the kind that only sees his 2ndary skills and utility skills as a defensive set, I encourage you to see decent videos of all classes and how to use them offensively ^ ^

Just give it a look to any of the profession sub-forum and find a decent uploader, like Osicat(Mesmer), geez gotta love that portal stomp

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)

in WvW

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

OP my advice to use is to not get downed in the first place. Clearly if you are getting downed, you are not winning the fight.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You were downed and you really believe that you were going to win?

So, what do you do against invulnerability stomps then? Stealth stomps I can at least help my team mate, can’t do anything against invulnerability stomps.

Give it a rest already. You were downed, you lost.

Let’s just removed downed system. You drop to 0 hp, you die. Problem solved.

Hey you! Yea you!… I love you… this is exactly what I would like to happen but it won’t. They have invested too much into the downed state being a unique feature of this game to make a 180.

At the very least though… their first priority should be downed skill balanced and no stupid rallies.

Everyone and their mother knows that stealth stomps are the least of your worries when it comes to stomps. My fav thing atm is elixir s tiny dunk stomping with the giant finisher. Kittening epic.

I Completely Agree with you OP and you are not Alone in this long childsih mechanism uphill battle.

Only children plays this game.

A Real Man will show himself in Honor in Killing you.

Not “hiding behind the bush” which Cowards, and Children do.

OP, nearly 1 Year to Guild Wars 2 Anniversary and this is what WvW is all about, to those Individuals who chooses to play games instead of Fighing Like Men.

In other word, some of us, including you and I Op are Sick and Tired of playing thier childlike games.

Unfortunately,

As the saying goes, ‘when i was a child, i behaved and Acted like a child, now that *I’m a Man, I have No uses for Childish Games*"

Unfortunately

Many choose to otherwise

Dude… no one lines up in neat little rows and fires a single round anymore. No one cares about your supposed honor. The victor outplaed the other player. Stealth stomps can be countered. L2p & Deal with it. You’re only holding yourself back as a player by thinking in these sorts of ways. Play to win and stop playing by your own made up rules. If you want to stop playing games like a scrub and become a better player you really should read this:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Well said to the burn guy. If ANET didn’t want the game to be played a certain way, they would change it. There are updates every two weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Your allies just need to learn how to counter stealth stomp. Note that ALL stomping can be countered by stealthing the downed ally.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

Stealth stomping is the most insanely stupid kitten I have ever seen in any mmo.

Should Blink, Mist Form, Distortion, Portal, Aegis, Blind and Stability stomps be removed too? Stealth Stomping is a valid game mechanic and while annoying should stay, there is counterplay to Stealth Stomps.

Well, to be honest the stealth stomp is the most difficult to counter. However the problem is upstream, because what is ruining the game is the downed state, not the stealth stomp.

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

You’re a funny one. Drag a simple request out into some long argument about how futile it is to keep playing after you have been downed because according to you there essentially no chance of you winning the fight at that point. I have won several fights after being downed, either fearing people off cliffs (yes it does happen despite how unlikely you think it is, go try play on the skyhammer map for awhile), rallying off random mobs that were nearby and close to death, or even from tagging players that my allies were about to finish. Fact is, the fight is not over when you are downed or Anet would not have bothered making the downed state mechanic. All I said was let me use free-look targeting while downed and remove the target requirement of my skills so that I can hit invisible people with them. Despite all of your useless analysis of game mechanics, you have not provided one logical reason why I shouldn’t be able to do that. If you want to do more useless analysis, don’t waste your time because I’m not going to read it. If you want me to respond, start your post like this “Necromancers should not be able to use any of their downed state skills on invisible targets because…” and continue with your argument if you have one.

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

If stealth stomping needs to be removed so does;

- Stability Stomps
- Invulnerability Stomps
- Teleport Stomps
- Stealth Stomps

and any combinations of them.

If you don’t want them all gone then stop QQ’n just because you already lost a fight and feel even more like a noob for getting stomped.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Master of Timespace.2548

Well, to be honest the stealth stomp is the most difficult to counter. However the problem is upstream, because what is ruining the game is the downed state, not the stealth stomp.

Pretty sure distortion stomp is more difficult.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

you can’t stop stability/invulnerable stomps.

Stability stomps you can stop with damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

1. downed skills (the interrupt/stomp breaks) shouldn’t be player targeted. I’d prefer them to be ground targeted.

Whenever I get stealth stomped I know it’s coming and I know exactly where the player is. I could throw my Hammer at them and interrupt them no problem. But I can’t target them. So I guess my Hammer has to stay in my pocket. :[

I’m right there with you Warrior-bro. It sucks seeing the stealth stomp coming from a mile away and being helpless to do anything about it.
Stealth stomping is fine as a mechanic, the downed state needs a lot of work or removal.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I prefer a stability stomp. That way you get to see me shove my kitten in your mouth.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

being immune to damage doesn’t stop you from knocking them down or fearing them.

if they stealth stomp, you cant hit them, you cant knock them down and if you fear them they run off in stealth then just come back and stealth again.

how do you even hide in front of a guy you want to stab in the face?

“downed player> Oww my head hurts, mm I must be seeing things, what is this shadowy figure standing over me, mm whats he going to do? I know, I will ignore it. UURRRK” <blood spatter>

you can hit and knock down stealth players. the best way to counter stealth is to learn about it.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Stealth stomping, invuln stomping, stability stomping, whatever.

You went down, you already lost, getting stomped whilst it’s covered by invuln, stability, or stealth is not the source of the problem. It’s like complaining that the guy who just hit a homerun gets to run the bases and you cant do anything about it.

I guess this is something I’ve rationalized a while ago since I main an Engineer and our downed state is a straight up death sentence. When you go down, your on borrowed time and have no place to think you should be able to survive and get back up…unless you’re an Ele near a friendly tower/keep entrance. You lost, game over, troll them with your downed state to buy time, but get stomped with some dignity and quit crying.

Don’t want to get stealth stomped? Don’t get downed.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

It is the easiest to counter for your teammates.

You cannot do anything to someone that is invulnerable. You cannot CC somoene that has stability. Stealth stomp is the easiest to counter. If you were downed, you lost anyway.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

You were downed and you really believe that you were going to win?

Let’s just removed downed system. You drop to 0 hp, you die. Problem solved.

You are aware aren`t you, that if they`ve been fighting, the thief scum won`t be at 100%hp?
They could`ve got the thief low enough that they could, whilst in the crappy downed states, damage them enough if they`re visible to put them into downed state also.

As for getting rid of downed state, I`m all for that, or at least give us a suicide button so that we don`t have to waste time just laying there.

The problem with the OP is they said they lost several fights because of stealth stomp.

It isn’t stealth stomp.

The OP lost all the fights because they did not get the other player downed.

It is the OPs fault, not any game mechanic.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I’m sorry, its totally and utterly kittened, many times where I would have won a fight while downed ruined by the IWIN stealth stomp, it pretty much counter anything you might do to stop them stomping.

Stealth should be broken on any kittening action taken while in stealth, be it healing, attacking or stomping.

I Completely Agree with you OP and you are not Alone in this long childsih mechanism uphill battle.

OP, nearly 1 Year to Guild Wars 2 Anniversary and this is what WvW is all about, to those Individuals who chooses to play games instead of Fighing Like Men.

In other word, some of us, including you and I Op are Sick and Tired of playing thier childlike games.

Unfortunately,

As the saying goes, ‘when i was a child, i behaved and Acted like a child, now that *I’m a Man, I have No uses for Childish Games*"

Unfortunately

Many choose to otherwise

So I assume you don’t actually play Guild Wars 2, and spend your time in active warzones. I also assume you just stop by the forums every once in a while to remind us that we are children.

Sorry for not capitalizing every other word, hope you still understand.

It’s Unfrortunate instead of you reading my past threads and posts, you Deilbertly and Intentionally attack me for your Egoniss and pleasure.

In that case, you Do Not deserve my Quality Time Response

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

He downed you first. He should get the kill, not the other way around.

But it doesn’t work when the thief drops SR before he drops?

How about when someone interrupts the stomper because they don’t have access to stealth instantly as the thief does and their stability is on a 40-60 sec cool down?

How about when someone can’t stomp a thief because they are being focus fired? Yet a thief can do just that by shadow stepping?

How about when a thief uses shadowstep mid stomp to stomp an ele who mist formed to the side?

How come every other class in the game can’t do what a thief does with stomping/reviving?

This needs fixing. Anyone who does not agree is a player who gets carried by the thief class and get wrecked if they play anything else. Don’t believe me? Dig deep into their previous replies and you’ll find they all play thieves.

Huh..what a coincidence..Who’d’ve thunk it..baddies supporting baddies.

Anet devs messed up big time with the thief class and other game devs will snicker whenever they walk into a room or are mentioned. Wonder if the person who came up with the stealth mechanics will ever be hired again.

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

How come every other class in the game can’t do what a thief does with stomping/reviving?

Because every class is not the same and they have differing roles? By your line of thinking every class should be able to do everything every other class can do with the same degree of capability. The thief is a rogue/assassin archetype that excels at picking off single targets, it only makes sense that they should have the best options when it comes to finishing wounded opponents. Your post is just as misguided as those in the thief forum complaining that they suck in zergs and die constantly when they try to mindlessly stack on the commander at the front of the hammer train.

MAG

(edited by DrWhom.3105)

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

How about when someone interrupts the stomper because they don’t have access to stealth instantly as the thief does and their stability is on a 40-60 sec cool down?

How about when someone can’t stomp a thief because they are being focus fired? Yet a thief can do just that by shadow stepping?

How about when a thief uses shadowstep mid stomp to stomp an ele who mist formed to the side?

This needs fixing. Anyone who does not agree is a player who gets carried by the thief class and get wrecked if they play anything else. Don’t believe me? Dig deep into their previous replies and you’ll find they all play thieves.

Anet devs messed up big time with the thief class and other game devs will snicker whenever they walk into a room or are mentioned. Wonder if the person who came up with the stealth mechanics will ever be hired again.

You are an obvious thief-hater so whatever. Is stealth strong? yes, it needs to be. Stealth is the bread and butter or thief survival. Stealth stomping can be counter and it often is. I play a thief so i can’t weigh in? I am the most qualified to speak up because i know the weakness of stealth stomping. Of the times i’ve had seemingly clean kills ruined WHILE I AM STOMPING IN STEALTH. Stealth is more op in this game than in others? hardly. Stealth in GW2 punishes those who are inept much worse than in other games i will give you but even decent players do not fret when fighting thieves.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

The whining in this game never ceases to amaze me. Stealth stomp is only one of many types of stomps and is one of few that is actually, albeit only slightly more, stoppable. The others have longer cool downs and all that but who cares. If you are downed, you died and deserve to lose. Would you prefer the thief BP you and laugh in your face while you still can’t do anything about the stomp? Just deal with it. Quietly.

in WvW

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

Do you even have a thief? I seriously don’t think you have ever even touched the class. If you are getting killed by a thief, you are either upleveled or Bad. The reason I rolled a thief was to learn to counter them as my main on my warrior and you know what? I kill a hell of a lot more thieves now.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

I’m sorry, its totally and utterly kittened, many times where I would have won a fight while downed ruined by the IWIN stealth stomp, it pretty much counter anything you might do to stop them stomping.

Stealth should be broken on any kittening action taken while in stealth, be it healing, attacking or stomping.

Guaranteed when shadow refuge saves you, or you rally off a stealth stomp you’re not complaining, but once you get slapped in the face with it – it becomes an issue. Stealth stomp = stomping with stability, there’s no difference – except that stability is better since you can still get knocked back or stunned while in stealth.

l2p.. if you honestly think stealth is the ONLY way you’re getting stomped then you have other things to think about. You would’ve been stomped either way. Warriors have endure pain, quickness, stability. Guardians can use shields/blocks and stability, necros can cast fear and use death shroud. Eles can mistform. Mesmers can portal, stealth, and distortion stomp…You’re focusing on “stealth” but you don’t realize that EVERY other class can 100% complete a stomp. If your kitten is on CD then l2p and manage your utils better.

This is the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever seen. I don’t understand why ppl QQ about stomping. If you’re on the ground, ANet is being kind enough to say “hopefully someone with more talent comes by and kills the other guy before you get roflstomped”

(edited by Alchemist.3692)

in WvW

zamalek.2154

If stealth stomping needs to be removed so does; [good stuff]

You get a +1 sir. You just see stealth stomps more often because it’s on of a thief’s job to roam and pick off lone players and break the back-lines – it only seems “silly” to do it on other classes because it isn’t really their job.

Auroraglade

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

There are 2 issues with Stealth Stomping

1) Finishing someone of doesnt reveal the Stomper.

2) How easy and abundant Stealth is to Thieves when they stomp.

There are plenty of things that almost guarentee a stomp (against certain professions), but these all come with long cooldowns. The player is actually investing something into getting the stomp. Risking not having that stability/immunity available as the fight continues.
Stealth is so abundantly available to a Thief, there is no cost involved to do it. It doesnt even break you from Stealth so you can just go ahead and backstab someone or run away while you’re at it aswell.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Unfortunately,

Unfortunately

Many choose to otherwise

This has to be the most pathetic and most hilarious post I’ve ever read, hahaha thank you.

in WvW

Master of Timespace.2548

Oooooooooomg mist form actually has a counter!??! NERFFFFF Btw ele, guard and mesmer can do this too.

in WvW

zamalek.2154

Actually, even though I don’t have a problem with stealth stomping – this does sound nice from a balance perspective: reveal the stomper after the stomp (make it count as an attack).

However, they usually don’t have much more time left after the stomp (1s – 2s tops from what I have seen); so it’s not a big issue.

Auroraglade

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Actually, even though I don’t have a problem with stealth stomping – this does sound nice from a balance perspective: reveal the stomper after the stomp (make it count as an attack).

However, they usually don’t have much more time left after the stomp (1s – 2s tops from what I have seen); so it’s not a big issue.

I do agree that when said stealth stomp has stomped, the stealth stomper should have a revieled. It is an attack from stealth so I do think it should follow the other stealth mechanics. I’m not going to loose any sleep if it doesn’t get changed though.

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

Pretty good idea actually. Revealed when stomping might go some way to making people feel less “cheated” when it happens to them, and fits with existing mechanics.

Even better, while it might make those getting stomped feel a little better it wouldn’t actually reduce the thief’s ability to stomp effectively. As has been repeated over and over using stealth to stomp is inferior to using Black Powder against anything but targeted, ranged interrupts (perhaps everyone complaining is a LB ranger?) so it wouldn’t actually change anything.

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

i only wish i could see the person while they’re finishing me. i don’t mind not being able to target them, i just want to see it coming

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Oooooooooomg mist form actually has a counter!??! NERFFFFF Btw ele, guard and mesmer can do this too.

Bro, necro wurm stomp. Nerf please.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I have to agree with those saying “you were downed, you lost” in a 1v1 scenario or in a small skirmish.

However, I completely disagree with that assessment in a larger battle. There is a much higher chance of getting downed, no matter how much better you are than the players attacking you. You didn’t lose, you were unlucky. That down state is time for your allies to revive you.

In a small scale fight, you’re likely to have a single downed ally. The stealth stomps are expected, and your allies have a good chance of prevent the stomp. Increase the scale of the battle, and you’re going to have more downed allies at once. Unless there is an extreme level of coordination that would be near impossible in a large scale battle, defending them from stealth stomps is simply not viable. Trying to efficiently divide your CCs and reviving is just not likely to happen. This leaves the downed players completely vulnerable to stealth stomping, likely from thieves that weren’t even involved in them being downed.

I also agree with those that said invulnerability, teleport, and stability stomps need looked at as well. While stability can be countered, removing stability takes time, meaning that the stomp will still likely happen. Teleports fall under the same realm as stealth, because they are preventable, but only if you are aware of them. They are more of a problem in large groups, and more easily prevented in smaller fights. Invulnerability is the biggest problem, because it’s not something you can stop.

On the other side of the problem, there is one downed skill that definitely needs a nerf. The ele’s Vapor Form should not be able to move through a tower/keep portal. No other profession can move through those portals after being downed and simply be able to revive themselves in safety. The closest would be the warrior, but their survival depends on getting a kill after using Vengeance. This is not likely to happen if they run into a doorway. The warrior is in a position more readily revived by allies, but they will still have been defeated.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

On the other side of the problem, there is one downed skill that definitely needs a nerf. The ele’s Vapor Form should not be able to move through a tower/keep portal. No other profession can move through those portals after being downed and simply be able to revive themselves in safety. The closest would be the warrior, but their survival depends on getting a kill after using Vengeance. This is not likely to happen if they run into a doorway. The warrior is in a position more readily revived by allies, but they will still have been defeated.

I agree that you shouldn’t be able to vapor into portals. Another problem caused by vapor form is that even if you stomp them after you won’t get WXP from them (ever).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Another problem caused by vapor form is that even if you stomp them after you won’t get WXP from them (ever).

I never paid attention enough to notice that. That’s a bad mechanic, but it does kind of make sense from a technical/coding perspective. Must be resetting your tagging of the player along with the temp rallying effect Vapor gives them.

Does doing damage to them before you re-attempt the stomp give you credit?

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

I hate with all my heart invisibility and invincible stomping and stomping while stability is on. It’s just a sure kill on 1 on 1 and no skill can help. It just makes #2 skill useless while it’s designed to give you a chance.

in WvW

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

3:0 thats a stomp

/Osicat

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Forget the person who’s Downed ….

What’s broken about Stealth Stomping is it also prevents your target’s Allies from interrupting you as well. I’ve tried dozens of times to get someone back up when a Thief or Mez is lingering just out of cleave range. Nothing stops them. You’ve only got a few seconds to get your ally back up and not even 1 second to interrupt the actual stomp. Haven’t been able to save 1 single person when the stomper is Stealthed. Is this a case where the only possible solution is to lay down stealth traps before you attempt to Rez?

It’s the most cowardly tactic I’ve ever seen in WvW, …and I’ve watched whole teams of speed hacking IOP gankers back when those were a thing….

It’s a really simple and FAIR fix: You start the stomp animation??… You instantly lose stealth and stability. It’s that simple. A little Risk with your reward just like how every other encounter is designed.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Stealth? It’s what makes a thief a thief. C’mon, seriously? People want certain aspects of that modified or removed? It’s what thieves do.

Also, last I checked, stealthed or not, a thief still takes damage when doing… whatever. Can you target them when stealthed?… No. And??? Use your AOE skills.

I love it when thieves are thieves and do what they do best – be sneaky, quick killers. I used to hate on the thief class too, but after creating one to learn how they operate, I can now handle them in most situations. All classes have their specialty. The fun part is learning how to combat them with your skills and talents!

Cheers!

PS : as many have said, if you’re downed, consider yourself dead. ;-)

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

The only thing about stealth stomping that needs to change is people not recognizing it when it is happening. That’s not on Anet though.