STEALTH stomping needs to stop.

in WvW

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

I’m sorry, its totally and utterly kittened, many times where I would have won a fight while downed ruined by the IWIN stealth stomp, it pretty much counter anything you might do to stop them stomping.

Stealth should be broken on any kittening action taken while in stealth, be it healing, attacking or stomping.

Stealth stomping is the most insanely stupid kitten I have ever seen in any mmo.

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I think it’s not the first time I see that thread subject.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Yet

No Action have taken place.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

I’m sorry, its totally and utterly kittened, many times where I would have won a fight while downed ruined by the IWIN stealth stomp, it pretty much counter anything you might do to stop them stomping.

Stealth should be broken on any kittening action taken while in stealth, be it healing, attacking or stomping.

Stealth stomping is the most insanely stupid kitten I have ever seen in any mmo.

I Completely Agree with you OP and you are not Alone in this long childsih mechanism uphill battle.

Only children plays this game.

A Real Man will show himself in Honor in Killing you.

Not “hiding behind the bush” which Cowards, and Children do.

OP, nearly 1 Year to Guild Wars 2 Anniversary and this is what WvW is all about, to those Individuals who chooses to play games instead of Fighing Like Men.

In other word, some of us, including you and I Op are Sick and Tired of playing thier childlike games.

Unfortunately,

As the saying goes, ‘when i was a child, i behaved and Acted like a child, now that *I’m a Man, I have No uses for Childish Games*"

Unfortunately

Many choose to otherwise

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

You were downed and you really believe that you were going to win?

So, what do you do against invulnerability stomps then? Stealth stomps I can at least help my team mate, can’t do anything against invulnerability stomps.

Give it a rest already. You were downed, you lost.

Let’s just removed downed system. You drop to 0 hp, you die. Problem solved.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I Completely Agree with you OP and you are not Alone in this long childsih mechanism uphill battle.

OP, nearly 1 Year to Guild Wars 2 Anniversary and this is what WvW is all about, to those Individuals who chooses to play games instead of Fighing Like Men.

Someone playing this game calling players childish. You have issues.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Yet I Don’t Play these Childlike games

Did I Offend You?

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Yet I Don’t Play these Childlike games

Did I Offend You?

People acting childish don’t offend me. Just disappoints me that you are supposed to be human. I feel pity for you.

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

I Encourage you to Quote where i called evey players Childish..

As the saying goes, “Pity Yourself when you know the Truth Hurts”

In other words, I Don’t need your Pity.. keep that to yourself.

Being Human is to take Full Responsibility for your Actions and your Behaviors, Not Hiding like Cowards or playing Hide and Seek or Where is Waldo games like children

Seriously,

Ask yourself, ‘Why than these games are Annoying, Frustracting and Time Wasted’?

Well, I answered that question already.

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Yet I Don’t Play those Childlike games

Did I Offend You?

You said only children play this game.

You still going to troll more?

in WvW

Posted by: denimdan.8642

denimdan.8642

i love how every one in the forms always ignore the one or two sensible posts and just trolls the trolls trolling the trolls

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Yet I Don’t Play those Childlike games

Did I Offend You?

You said only children play this game.

You still going to troll more?

You as a Troll.. Obviously

Do Not Deserve My Time and My Quality Response.

in WvW

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

being immune to damage doesn’t stop you from knocking them down or fearing them.

if they stealth stomp, you cant hit them, you cant knock them down and if you fear them they run off in stealth then just come back and stealth again.

how do you even hide in front of a guy you want to stab in the face?

“downed player> Oww my head hurts, mm I must be seeing things, what is this shadowy figure standing over me, mm whats he going to do? I know, I will ignore it. UURRRK” <blood spatter>

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

i love how every one in the forms always ignore the one or two sensible posts and just trolls the trolls trolling the trolls

As you alreayd know, Troll- (childish behaviors) only responds with 1 or 2 sentences..

Now do you see who is the Troll?

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

If you take away stealth stomping then ill simply black powder stomp you.

Regardless, you got downed. You clearly must’ve gotten outplayed. Stop whining when you should already be dead anyways.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

invincibility/invisibility stomping is pretty annoying, and probably shouldnt be a thing

at least in stability, you can be attacked

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Yet

Working as intended.

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

invincibility/invisibility stomping is pretty annoying, and probably shouldnt be a thing

at least in stability, you can be attacked

Can do damage but I still can’t help my team since I can’t CC to stop the stomp.

Stealth stomp is the easiest stomp to deal with and I can stop it with my CC.

A downed player lost. Those pitiful downed state skills are only there to make the downed player think there may be some hope. They lost.

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Yet

Working as intended.

LOL!!

Relevant Image Attached

Attachments:

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Some of you just need to roll a Thief alt as many of the QQ posts on this board are easy to counter.

in WvW

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

I don’t mind stealth stomping at all. In fact, I think every class should have something similar to stealth stomping.

What annoys me is stealth rezzing of a downed player.

in WvW

Shoe.5821

Can do damage but I still can’t help my team since I can’t CC to stop the stomp.
Stealth stomp is the easiest stomp to deal with and I can stop it with my CC.

but only some classes and builds have the kind of abilities that can CC people in stealth

which is kind of lame

++elixir S executes are very silly

but you cant execute people as a werewolf lawl

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Stop raging and deal with it. Alot of classes are able to stability stomp which is basically the same thing.

in WvW

Shoe.5821

I think there’s a difference in degree between a stability stomper and an invincibility stomp, since you can damage stability stompers.

stealth stomping is like invincibility in many ways, though obviously not all ways

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

In other word, some of us, including you and I Op are Sick and Tired of playing thier childlike games.

Unfortunately,

As the saying goes, ‘when i was a child, i behaved and Acted like a child, now that *I’m a Man, I have No uses for Childish Games*"

Unfortunately

Many choose to otherwise

So I assume you don’t actually play Guild Wars 2, and spend your time in active warzones. I also assume you just stop by the forums every once in a while to remind us that we are children.

Sorry for not capitalizing every other word, hope you still understand.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

I use invis stomp usually in cases where I need to avoid other players (if I’m alone in a fight against multiple people)… however if I’m 1v1ing someone I’ll be decent enough not to do that. :shrug: What bothers me about it is when I get ganked by a few people and they seem to think there’s a need to invis before stomping lol… it’s like… “why?” I clearly lost, and mesmer downed skills are pretty terrible anyway. There was only one case where I would have won against someone and it was because we were both downed. Their friend ran by and stomped me at the last moment and game was over. But… honestly, downed state doesn’t make much difference if it were there or not. Usually by the time you are downed it is too late, unless you get that lucky rally off a mob or another player.

So really what I’m getting at is… yes the invis/invincible stomping feels pretty insulting but at that point there’s really nothing you can do unless you get lucky. It’s just part of the way the game works, unfortunately.

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Stop raging and deal with it. Alot of classes are able to stability stomp which is basically the same thing.

I’m not aware of any perma-stability builds. If Anet wants to let players run around invisible all the time and let them finish you while invisible, at least give me a crosshair and remove the target requirement on my skills so that I can skill shot them.

in WvW

Klawlyt.6507

I’m not aware of any perma-stability builds. If Anet wants to let players run around invisible all the time and let them finish you while invisible, at least give me a crosshair and remove the target requirement on my skills so that I can skill shot them.

If a thief was actually perma-stealthed, he wasn’t fighting you, he was restealthing. That’s about all you do in a perma stealth build. If someone really wants to heartseeker back and forth just outside a battle so that when you go down you have a 0% chance of stopping him, more power to him, I guess.

Also, there is no targeting requirement (outside of mesmer illusions). You can freehand to your heart’s content.

Basically what you’re saying is, lots of classes have really good ways to stomp you, and one has a really, really good way. Apparently, the latter is one really too many.

in WvW

Waffler.1257

If a thief was actually perma-stealthed, he wasn’t fighting you, he was restealthing. That’s about all you do in a perma stealth build. If someone really wants to heartseeker back and forth just outside a battle so that when you go down you have a 0% chance of stopping him, more power to him, I guess.

The point I was making which you failed to understand is that stability stomp and stealth stomp are not the same because you can gain access to stealth extremely easily through several different means and this is not the case with stability.

Also, there is no targeting requirement (outside of mesmer illusions). You can freehand to your heart’s content.

As for this, I am supremely confident that you have no idea what you are talking about.

in WvW

Klawlyt.6507

Confidence is key, keep it up.

Here’s the thing people never take into account regarding downed state. It’s a group mechanic. In a 1v1, if you go down and the other guy doesn’t, you’re not supposed to have much more than a snowball’s chance in hell of getting back up.

But, you might say, we’re talking about WvW. That’s where the team comes in. And that’s where there’s no simple answer. On one hand, thieves are always being accused of being useless to zergs. On the other, here they have an excellent contribution to the zerg, finishing off enemy players. Perhaps you should adapt to the game and start making friendly with your server’s thieves, and incorporate them into your play. If you go up against a server who has a lot of these stealth stompers, perhaps you should adapt and start aiming for the thieves. They’re squishy anyway, they’ll make good rally bate.

But at the end of the day, my biggest argument is this. We’re on the WvW forums, so I’ll assume we’re chiefly concerned with WvW. Even if a thief is stealthed it still takes the full ~3 seconds to stomp (barring use of Haste, which isn’t terribly popular these days, thanks to what we used to kitten about thieves being OP for). How often do you survive those ~3 seconds without any other problems? Take thieves out of WvW entirely, and how much more often do you think you’ll get a rally? If there were no stealth, would you be here kittening about stability stomps simply because they’re the biggest barrier to you getting back up?

Each class has strengths and weaknesses. Most classes can do several things well. Thieves generally do one thing well: make people die quickly. Stealth stomping seems to fall in line with that philosophy nicely, don’t you think?

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Confidence is key, keep it up.

Here’s the thing people never take into account regarding downed state. It’s a group mechanic. In a 1v1, if you go down and the other guy doesn’t, you’re not supposed to have much more than a snowball’s chance in hell of getting back up.

But, you might say, we’re talking about WvW. That’s where the team comes in. And that’s where there’s no simple answer. On one hand, thieves are always being accused of being useless to zergs. On the other, here they have an excellent contribution to the zerg, finishing off enemy players. Perhaps you should adapt to the game and start making friendly with your server’s thieves, and incorporate them into your play. If you go up against a server who has a lot of these stealth stompers, perhaps you should adapt and start aiming for the thieves. They’re squishy anyway, they’ll make good rally bate.

But at the end of the day, my biggest argument is this. We’re on the WvW forums, so I’ll assume we’re chiefly concerned with WvW. Even if a thief is stealthed it still takes the full ~3 seconds to stomp (barring use of Haste, which isn’t terribly popular these days, thanks to what we used to kitten about thieves being OP for). How often do you survive those ~3 seconds without any other problems? Take thieves out of WvW entirely, and how much more often do you think you’ll get a rally? If there were no stealth, would you be here kittening about stability stomps simply because they’re the biggest barrier to you getting back up?

Each class has strengths and weaknesses. Most classes can do several things well. Thieves generally do one thing well: make people die quickly. Stealth stomping seems to fall in line with that philosophy nicely, don’t you think?

And where in your rambling do you explain why I am not allowed to free-look and hit players with skills without targeting them in downed state? Because that was pretty much all I asked for in my original post that you responded to, to which you said you can (except for mesmer clone skill). However, I am sure that you went and did some testing so that you now realize you were wrong in that assertion.

in WvW

Klawlyt.6507

Unfortunately I didn’t get the chance. Now that you mention it, I think you’re probably right about that part. I don’t remember thinking free-aiming in the downed state would have ever been any kind of useful though, so it never crossed my mind. What exactly did you hope to accomplish beside the last minute downing of an opposing, stealthed thief? If you could free aim, how often do you think you’d take down an opponent you can’t see once you’re limited to downed skills? Even if there were no stealth stomps, wouldn’t he just run right back up to you after your bubble/fear/vapor/etc like everyone else does?

But clearly, everything else I have said has been invalidated. You have won the forums on this day, good game.

in WvW

Waffler.1257

What exactly did you hope to accomplish beside the last minute downing of an opposing, stealthed thief?

Low health opponents can be downed before they finish their stomp at which point you have about 50/50 chance of victory since you have slightly lower health but your 3 skill (which is pretty powerful on some classes) is also closer to coming off cool-down. Even if the opponent isn’t at low health, if another opponent nearby is about to die, you can interrupt the stomping opponent to buy yourself time to rally off the other near-death player. If you position yourself correctly near a cliff, fear/bubble can knock the player off and either kill them or buy you additional time to recover. Of course bubble is fine since it doesn’t require targeting, but fear does. I’m sure there are other situations where not having guaranteed death on down state because you are unable to do anything to players you can’t target would be useful, but I’m too lazy to think through them all.

If you could free aim, how often do you think you’d take down an opponent you can’t see once you’re limited to downed skills?

More often than 0% of the time.

Even if there were no stealth stomps, wouldn’t he just run right back up to you after your bubble/fear/vapor/etc like everyone else does?

See answer to first question.

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Yet

Working as intended.

You became my new best friend.

in WvW

Klawlyt.6507

What exactly did you hope to accomplish beside the last minute downing of an opposing, stealthed thief?

Low health opponents can be downed before they finish their stomp at which point you have about 50/50 chance of victory since you have slightly lower health but your 3 skill (which is pretty powerful on some classes) is also closer to coming off cool-down. Even if the opponent isn’t at low health, if another opponent nearby is about to die, you can interrupt the stomping opponent to buy yourself time to rally off the other near-death player. If you position yourself correctly near a cliff, fear/bubble can knock the player off and either kill them or buy you additional time to recover. Of course bubble is fine since it doesn’t require targeting, but fear does. I’m sure there are other situations where not having guaranteed death on down state because you are unable to do anything to players you can’t target would be useful, but I’m too lazy to think through them all.

If you could free aim, how often do you think you’d take down an opponent you can’t see once you’re limited to downed skills?

Even if there were no stealth stomps, wouldn’t he just run right back up to you after your bubble/fear/vapor/etc like everyone else does?

See answer to first question.

Thieves’ #3 skill is completely against another downed opponent. Really their #2 is just a very reliable way to avoid exactly 1 stomp attempt, so it’s pretty useless against another downed opponent. Who’s being unfair now?

If you’re near a cliff?! Like that happens often enough to be a factor in anything? I don’t think the game is balanced for PvP/WvW/WvW-near-a-cliff.

If you have a team mate nearby, why isn’t s/he doing anything to help? Why don’t they throw down a fear mark, or a guardian wall, or a static field, or aoe stealth… ?

It’s all if’s! The fact is, in most situations, not allowing thieves to stealth stomp just lets you die another way. Yes, thieves can stealth far more often than any other class can use stability. But, thieves also get no access to stability. (except while using Dagger Storm, and it’ll go away as soon as you stop using it, so no, you can’t Dagger Storm Stomp) So, like so many other things, it’s a trade off.

More often than 0% of the time.

Do you really think it would be by a statistically significant amount? Really? Do you have such a high rate of rallies that only gets ruined by the nasty thief who stomps you from nowhere? Do you get back up 9/10 times and that 10th one is always a thief? Because this sounds like a philosophical argument more than a practical one. And on the flip side, in a given week, what percentage of incoming stomps would you say are done by stealthed thieves? How badly are they ruining your WvW experience?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

L2P
Stealth stomping is not nearly as good as stability stomps or mist form stomps. Should we remove those to cater to the needs of the bad pvp’rs too?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Shoe.5821

Mist form and shrink stomps make no sense, and probably shouldn’t exist. There’s lots of transforms where you can’t stomp, so they arn’t even consistent.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

mist form and shrink stomps are far more annoying than stealth stomps

Stab stomp is also much harder to stop than a stealth stomp.

I laugh at the majority of thieves that attempt a stealth stomp. if they are running any kind of burst build they shouldn’t be stomping at all. Even the tanker builds a thief doesn’t want to stick in a single spot for too long. Good teams will put down a lot of damage on their downed allies just to catch bad thieves going for stealth stomps.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Also mini/mist form stomps arnt iwin either.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Why are you still playing this game?

Stealth won’t get fixed. Just go play another game. By staying you are rewarding Anet for horrible designs with your RL money.

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Do Not Deserve My Time and My Quality Response.

This is the most hilarious thing I have read in a looooong time..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

He downed you first. He should get the kill, not the other way around.

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

if there’s anything that’s annoying in the stomp/downed arguments is the fact that certain classes need 3 stomp attempts to succeed due to stealth and teleport downed abilities.

in WvW

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

As you alreayd know, Troll- (childish behaviors) only responds with 1 or 2 sentences..

Now do you see who is the Troll?

I can’t be the only one seeing the irony in this being a two sentence response. Seriously though, stealth stomping is completely fine. So is Elixir S(take) and stability and whatever. If you have such a problem with being stealth stomped, don’t get downed in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

if there’s anything that’s annoying in the stomp/downed arguments is the fact that certain classes need 3 stomp attempts to succeed due to stealth and teleport downed abilities.

QFT

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

You were downed and you really believe that you were going to win?

Let’s just removed downed system. You drop to 0 hp, you die. Problem solved.

You are aware aren`t you, that if they`ve been fighting, the thief scum won`t be at 100%hp?
They could`ve got the thief low enough that they could, whilst in the crappy downed states, damage them enough if they`re visible to put them into downed state also.

As for getting rid of downed state, I`m all for that, or at least give us a suicide button so that we don`t have to waste time just laying there.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Klawlyt.6507

As for getting rid of downed state, I`m all for that, or at least give us a suicide button so that we don`t have to waste time just laying there.

This part I’d be in favor of. Especially in sPvP where they can let you bleed out and miss a respawn. Then again, props to them for their tactical awareness, I ’spose.

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

I dont need stealth stomping, I use shadowstep or blind stomp :p

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

The difference is both stability and block for most classes are on huge cooldowns while stealth is not. Thieves can easily stealth stomp multiple downed players in a row. No utility slot is needed.

Thieves are far beyond when it comes to stomping downed players.

But there’s no simple solution. Thieves dont have access to stability (besides Dagger Storm) or blocks, so Anet cannot just take away the ability to stomp during stealth.

The whole downed state + stomping mechanics should be looked at.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I say kitten no.

If they get rid of stealth stomp, go ahead and remove: mesmer invulnerable stomp, mist form stomp, stability stomp, portal stomp, etc.

Sounds silly doesn’t it? So does what you’re asking for. Its just part of the class that killed you.

Commander Nachonix