Same servers for 5 weeks - Random MU really?

in WvW

Posted by: GameOfDrones.6281

GameOfDrones.6281

Change the matchup please this is starting to get boring. Please!

in WvW

Posted by: sassy.9036

sassy.9036

We need Variety in the match ups, playing the same servers week in and week out gets extremely boring, we need to look at the match up and league system and come up with a balanced and fair system. Anet please look into this, look at other leagues used by football and other sports for inspiration

in WvW

Posted by: Hawkeye.9687

Hawkeye.9687

Is it so hard for ANET the one who looses the match -up to go down 1 Tier ,the winner to go up 1 tier and the second place server stays the same tier ? Why things have to be complicated ?

Main : Thief – Shadowdancer X
Alts : Warrior- Mesmer lvl 80 [Piken Square]
Death is just the beginning

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Seriously what the kitten anet? Viz and piken again.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: GlamSight.9327

GlamSight.9327

You make seasons to make things serious or something but in between seasons you break our kitten with boring match ups of #1 vs #2 vs #3.

Randomize this kitten plz.

in WvW

Posted by: Arthos Ravron.3796

Arthos Ravron.3796

Try being Vabbi during the season 1 matchups.

Commander of FoW, Lieutenant of [AKP], and Proud Human and Guardian

“Humanity cannot grasp Utopia for it refuses to be worthy of it”

in WvW

Posted by: karenappleby.9852

karenappleby.9852

Hey Anet whilst I really like WWW the match up randomness seems to have become very stale. Please change this match up system Anet and make every one happy

in WvW

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Vabbi? Vabbi won once, try being UW :P

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

i agree with Luna,

Personally i love WVW, but the matchups atm. are simply said counterproductif to the entire idea of WVW.

We want to play against other worlds not just fight a slugginmatch in the trenches with the top 3.

Whats the use of having a competition if you cannot play a nyone else? Besides the 3 same worlds.

This is an arrangement that will make players quit WVW.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

in WvW

Posted by: WoodstockTC.6150

WoodstockTC.6150

again the same matchup. Kodash here. give me a break. first time ever after a reset that i am not motivated at all to log in.
i only do wvw but i cant stand that anymore.

im just downloading the mmo i used to play before gw2 now.

OCCUPY WvW – Nirax
human warrior; asura thief

(edited by WoodstockTC.6150)

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

If you read their odds table, they odds are indeed so that 1, 2 & 3 have a 95% chance to play against each other. There is a 5% chance of a 1- 2-4 match. And a 0% chance of a 1-2-5 match.

So, 1 & 2 will always play against eachother, 19 times out of 20 versus server 3, 1 time out of 20 versus server 4.

It’s sad, really, seeing them fail so hard

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: prinzesslife.4758

prinzesslife.4758

Ever since I dropped the same green Item twice from a Claw of Jormag chest I realized the random numbers in this game are broken, I can accept it because it’s just drops that go to the merchant anyways for 1 silver 98. But this is really going to far … fighting against the same server in WvW for six weeks now can not be tolerated any longer . Is random numbers really broken all over this game now ?? There is no more fun going into WvW , it’s become boring to see the same people over and over again me may aswell stop fighting and just take turns flipping the maps , like every 3 hours in a rotation. This is not the Guild WARS I signed up for … In the past weeks I actually added more people from Seafarers and Vizuna Square to my friend-list than I added people from Piken Square (the server I play on). Seriously do you want the 3 top servers to just stop playing until the other servers catch up on them… maybe you should just close down WvW all together and reopen in a few weeks when half of the population of every servers either stopped playing the game or has switched to a lower server. I remember GW2 beta when we got asked to give a rating to the aspect of the games in a scale from 1 to 5 … at the moment WvW deserves 0 = NO FUN AT ALL.

in WvW

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

And same matchup again. This is boring.

in WvW

Posted by: DaveVN.5987

DaveVN.5987

They should have the shuffle like in Season 1 so we have a chance to fight other servers every week.. no matter who wins or lose we will have new enemies n guilds to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

I guess our experiences are different. Season one was a fail for blackgate, the match-ups were awful, I went from the ability to play any time of day, to only NA prime. Some weeks were karma-train from Sunday-Friday, please.. never again. I’d much rather face the same server week in and week out than go back to 300k leads and full-capped maps. The fights are great right now, we’re having a blast.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

To make my proposition clear I’m attaching this ladder table with separate gold,silver and bronze divisions.

My idea is to make the match-up like it was in leagues where every server had to fight the server inside their current division – gold,silver and bronze.
This was a better match-up system why ? – because you was able to fight other servers every other week and the duplicating match ups was only 2 (same 3 servers).

I’ve said that they will be able to fight other gold servers and if the Silver #1 increases the gab with #2 silver than #1 can go up and replace #9 gold server and fight vs #8 and #7 gold for 1 week.After this 1 week if the old #1 silver who moved up have bad score result it will drop back to silver division and the old #9 can rise up to gold gain.

Thats the basic way i can explain the system I’m proposing and i say it again this system don’t involve #1 Gold server to fight #9 Bronze. (e.g. Vizunag vs Vabbi)
Fighting will be only inside the gold,silver and bronze with low chance of #9 gold able to flip place with #1 silver and #9 Silver to replace #1 bronze depending on scores only for 1 or 2 weeks again depending on scores.

I took a month away from the game. Before taking a break we were matched against one particular server two weeks in a row; they totally dominated and were promoted to silver league. Came back two days ago to discover we were up against them again. Guess what? we are matched against this server in the latest round starting today.

We are in the bronze league matched against two silver league servers. The outcome will be interesting. Guessing match ups changed over the last month? As I was under the illusion you fought servers within your own league,

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Look at the bright side – its doing wonders for the queues. During the league it was like 1-2 hour queue to get in at primetime, on reset night it was just to forget about it if you where 15 minutes late.

These days I’ve seen outmanned during primetime because no one want to really fight the enemy anymore. Its been 4 matchups in a row against the same kitten servers. 6 in a row if you count away one of them. Only the very hardcore raiders still remain, the rest are just lolling about.

kitten this kitten. Anet is doing a lovely job killing the servers.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

johnnymiller.5968

Are the leagues still functioning? out of the loop after a month away.

in WvW

Posted by: postman.5826

postman.5826

This is also killing GvG on the tier 1 servers as for 5 weeks we have been facing the same guilds. I know at least one guild that is moving in order to get new guilds to face. this is added to the fact that normal WvW is really stale and people are just not playing the game because this match is so boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

If the match system was the biggest problem consumers had with wvw right now then the world would be a beautiful place.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

People, if you want variety in match up move to lower tier server, is not funny for t3 server fight vs t1. Is not funny for the lower rank server fight vs a 5 ranks above.

All move to t1 servers (leaving low tier almost desert in wvw) and now ask for variety in match ups? Very funny.

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

People, if you want variety in match up move to lower tier server, is not funny for t3 server fight vs t1. Is not funny for the lower rank server fight vs a 5 ranks above.

All move to t1 servers (leaving low tier almost desert in wvw) and now ask for variety in match ups? Very funny.

Don’t be ignorant, all we want is battles with All t1 servers. Why would we want to fight t3 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I don’t think I’ll ever understand this. Give T1 new opponents and they dislike them because they can’t give a good fight. Give them their best options and some players are still unhappy.

Guess what, you’d do yourself and the game a favor if you transferred to a lower tier where I’m sure there is more variety.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Don’t be ignorant, all we want is battles with All t1 servers. Why would we want to fight t3 servers.

How many t1 you think you have in this game? 4 or 5 ranks in the table in this unbalanced game is a HUGE difference. Search and analyze every matchup and ranks and the result and you will see. Thanks to the mediocre community in this game (if i lose i transfer) arenanet have to match up every time with the same servers for (still unbalanced, but more balanced than before) match ups.

If you see the leagues matchups you will see, what happen matching up 6 servers in NA gold league, very funny for ranks 4, 5 and 6.

Very funny for bronze league to play HoD vs Anvil Rock. A lot of fun. A lot of fun too for low silver server fight FA, a lot of fun in variety like you want.

You want variety, transfer to low tier servers and fight for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Crimson Magdelana.9024

Crimson Magdelana.9024

I like how people that xferred to t1 servers are whining about stale matches & fighting the same 2-3 servers over and over again. It’s been that way for a while now.

Want to have some fun? Drop down & help salvage a lower ranked server. Simple as that.
Otherwise you’ll all be stuck fighting each other for a long time.

You call it afk. I call it getting a beer.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I like how people that xferred to t1 servers are whining about stale matches & fighting the same 2-3 servers over and over again. It’s been that way for a while now.

Want to have some fun? Drop down & help salvage a lower ranked server. Simple as that.

Stale matchups used to be the norm, and literally every server in every tier kittened about it; we’re returning to that terrible system now, and it certainly doesn’t just affect t1 servers. Moving to lower tiers won’t solve a kitten thing – you’d just face the same servers week after week in that tier. And since lots of WvW guilds don’t give a kitten about PPT (we want good fights, not siege wars), it’s likely that a single guild transferring to any particular server will have little effect on server mobility.

in WvW

johnnymiller.5968

In a perfect world all servers would have the same player numbers and compete against different servers each round. As we know this is not the perfect world.
Yes it becomes a chore playing the same servers week in – week out, more so if you can never win a round, or if one of the three is far superior to the others.
Then I think about other games played online; BF3 & BF4 as an example. generally the same people any given day and rounds can be completely lopsided although they do not last one week thank goodness lol . Only difference being auto-balance, so at least each side has roughly the same amount of players.

in WvW

Posted by: lunoh.1963

lunoh.1963

Back in spring Anet introduced a very randomized matchmaking system, the number of different opponentswas very high. This system was introduced for a very good reason. The problem now is that the t1 servers are locked exactly like they were pre random matchmaking. So we are back to square one here in t1.

My suggestion would be that every x weeks of the same matchup or pairing the respective servers get an X week ban from each other.
So for example if you get a matchup like piken sfr viz for let say 2 weeks then 3rd week it will be impossible for this servers to meet each other.
And let say riverside and jade sea and server x meet for 2 weeks. Here again in 3rd week it will be impossible for riverside and jade sea to meet each other.

With this you could have some diversity for the t1 servers while not overdominating the lover tier servers.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

ugh back to another 16 weeks matchups with tc. that nearly made me stop playing last time as it gets very boring after a couple of weeks facing the same server over and over. you just know every tactic and how to troll and to spy and all that if u are facing the same servers all the time. yeah we might tget destroyed by t1 servers, but i prefer that over the same stale matchups. i actually like facing our old worst enemy and had fun during matchups with them that happened randomly, but facing em 90% of the time will get very boring and very fast.
dont get me wrong, i love t2 server fights, but tc for the 3rd time in a row….i’d prefer to go back to the old variety, so u dont know what server your are facing and u cant place griefers already and u can get new gvg’s.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: Arthos Ravron.3796

Arthos Ravron.3796

I’d love to be in T1 and have good battles.

For all the whiners, once the new season is out, I hope they transfer to a lower pop server and get rolfstomped everyday by different servers larger than them so then they can see how “stale” a matchup can really be.

Commander of FoW, Lieutenant of [AKP], and Proud Human and Guardian

“Humanity cannot grasp Utopia for it refuses to be worthy of it”

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Back in spring Anet introduced a very randomized matchmaking system, the number of different opponentswas very high. This system was introduced for a very good reason. The problem now is that the t1 servers are locked exactly like they were pre random matchmaking. So we are back to square one here in t1.

No we are not back to the original system. The original system locked the tiers, even for imbalanced matches due to a mathematical flaw in the design. This flaw is resolved.

But we are back to ANet original intention with match-making:
First priority is to generate balanced matches.

And I think it does so very well at moment. And EU-T1 is not locked, the random system can always roll the servers out. And if a T1 server looses power or a T2 server gains power match-making will react fast to it. The spring situation where Deso and SFr lost their power and were still locked in T1 will not happen again.

The imbalances in NA are even stronger (more concentration on fewer servers, as there are no national-servers that counter the WTJ-movement.). Therefore NA-T1 is temporarily locked. And league matches proved that this is in fact adequate.

If you want more variance you need to fight for a match-score system that allows more servers to compete against each other, i.e. reduce the dominance of coverage-wars on match outcome. (cf. offtime-capping, e.g. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Night-protection-1/3281118 which has more variance built-in every server always play 3 different matches at any day)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No we are not back to the original system. The original system locked the tiers, even for imbalanced matches due to a mathematical flaw in the design. This flaw is resolved.

But we are back to ANet original intention with match-making:
First priority is to generate balanced matches.

And I think it does so very well at moment. And EU-T1 is not locked, the random system can always roll the servers out. And if a T1 server looses power or a T2 server gains power match-making will react fast to it. The spring situation where Deso and SFr lost their power and were still locked in T1 will not happen again.

The imbalanced in NA are even strong (more concentration on fewer servers, as there are no national-servers that counter the WTJ-movement.). Therefore NA-T1 is temporarily locked. And league matches proved that this is in fact adequate.

If you want more variance you need to fight for a match-score system that allows more servers to compete against each other, i.e. reduce the dominance of coverage-wars on match outcome. (cf. offtime-capping, e.g. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Night-protection-1/3281118 which has more variance built-in every server always play 3 different matches at any day)

This. T1 having their matches locked in the new system is the result of people stacking into T1. They deserve it.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Just increasing randomness without making WvW more competitive with respect to something else than pure numbers of players will only lead to
easy wins for the WTJ and blow-outs (or boredom) for all others
And the size of this thread is still much smaller than the size of
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Server-Match-up-is-TERRIBLE
this clearly shows balance is more important than variance

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Or just that as less people are affected, there will be less people discussing the issue.
Let’s put this straight: no one wants to have to fight with Vizunah, because there is no chance to win.
It’s clear why anyone else is fine with having the same stale matches at the top – it means they won’t have to fight a futile battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Well, the result of their new system, is that there was no queue on all maps in TC at reset. That was a first since I started playing GW2; they actually managed to make people less intrested in WWW with this new system.

That’s what happens when DEVs implement new systems without asking anyone <sigh>.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

They all have red tags, don’t they?

in WvW

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

Or how about some of the servers in the silver league are thrown against gold so they are forced to learn new tactics and up their game. During the first season, I’ve seen JS bringing SFR to a complete stop because they needed to secure their second place. So it’s possible for those servers to actually fight back.
It’s just like with children: if you don’t give them challenges and stimulation, they will not improve. I hope they just lock down the current match ups completely, so people here who are posting dumb and shortsighted advice like “transfer away” will feel the pain too in a relatively short time window.

Besides, I’ve been on SFR ever since the beginning of gw2 and there is no way I’m leaving my server. In a lot of ways, we are just as much victims of all the people coming to our server. So we should just leave then? Would you?

(edited by Vewen.8016)

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

matchups are fine now and no total blowouts anymore – now all servers can have atleast some fun

i dont wanna play again vs vizunah seafahrer or piken – until coverage problem is somehow fixed by arenanet

and no cause you wanna farm easier servers arenanet should not made lower servers to be canonfodder.

i dont care when you are bored in tier 1 – its more boring to get faceroleld on reset and know you dont have any chance for rest of the week

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Only PUGs get facerolled. Lower tier servers have guilds that would get facerolled less than viz.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

oh for balanced matches with similar strength opponents….

we didn’t get it in league… we not getting it now…we need less variance.

higher servers complaining they getting even fights … is… funny… id like to see how bored they were if they got to fight one of the low servers

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

we realy need something what not let a server to play with an other one after they played a week.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: lunoh.1963

lunoh.1963

Just increasing randomness without making WvW more competitive with respect to something else than pure numbers of players will only lead to
easy wins for the WTJ and blow-outs (or boredom) for all others
And the size of this thread is still much smaller than the size of
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Server-Match-up-is-TERRIBLE
this clearly shows balance is more important than variance

1. there are a lot of high population servers below tier 1 , if you dont get enough people into wvw it’s a community problem, anet can’t help you much there as they try to bring pve players here and there into wvw but only with small succes

2. did you really just compared a 1 week old thread with a thread which been up for 6 months, you serious?

i am not for a full out randomized system like we had before, i want simply from time to time to have different opponnets as less and less people get into wvw and the borderlands get emptier with each day

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

balance MU > random MU

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

Is it so hard for ANET the one who looses the match -up to go down 1 Tier ,the winner to go up 1 tier and the second place server stays the same tier ? Why things have to be complicated ?

+1000

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

Some people are saying “the other” tier 1 servers. There are 3 t1 servers, I think season one proved the other servers in gold league don’t stand a chance against around the clock coverage. Less QQ, more transfer. If the other gold league servers don’t stack up, I’ll be seeing JQ+SoR for a LOOOONG TIME. And so far I’m fine with that.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Matchup system is doing a good job, other servers dont stand a chance against the TOP3

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Who cares if they don’t stand chance against TOP3 in PPT if fights are good? Many middle tier servers would give us better fights than viz.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Who cares if they don’t stand chance against TOP3 in PPT if fights are good? Many middle tier servers would give us better fights than viz.

Yeah until you come up with a way to put a rating to “good fights” I think we’re stuck with what we have. What’s stopping you from transferring to find your good fights?