Sanctum of Rall vs Gate of Madness vs Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

Those guilds that xferred to SoR from JQ or any other top tier server…facepalm.
They leaved JQ because of queue times, but now we are climbing to Tier 3…if we keep climbing then the queue times will be longer and guess what? they’ll leave the server and choose another one. And here they say: please welcome us! we will make the difference! Let this be our new home! What a joke.

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Posted by: Reac.5829

Reac.5829

Didn’t [LUN] xfer?

-Irony-

in WvW

Posted by: Veenix.5248

Veenix.5248

Those guilds that xferred to SoR from JQ or any other top tier server…facepalm.
They leaved JQ because of queue times, but now we are climbing to Tier 3…if we keep climbing then the queue times will be longer and guess what? they’ll leave the server and choose another one. And here they say: please welcome us! we will make the difference! Let this be our new home! What a joke.

actually ques would only get worse if MORE guilds transferred over on the climb back up… but you know, don’t have control over what other people do

Edit: i cant speak for every guild that transferred from JQ but am pretty sure we have no intention on being another T1 server. the problem is after you win a few fights people take their ball and go home. then theres nothing to do but capture things which is what leads to the big point difference when you stop coming back out to fight.

(edited by Veenix.5248)

in WvW

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

@willydemon

Kinda funny to see ‘repel enemy attackers’ ‘event succeeded!’

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Malvader.7502

Malvader.7502

“Reac Didn’t [LUN] xfer?” Yes they did, from the Darkhaven server after SoR beat them.

Dear hunter is awesome its like Norm from cheers when they pop into map or team chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Last friday, I was really excited playing wvwvw. The match seemed close, and it was really anyone’s game. It continued a bit into saturday, and I was still excited. It seemed to be a good match, and a close one. FINALLY, a close match! Not a blow out!

Then I get home from work sunday and drop jawed at the screen. SoR controlling over 80% of the map? wtf happened? I asked around, and apparently we were outnumbered, etc etc, guilds transfering to SoR.

So great, I didn’t even bother going into WvWvW the rest of the week, no point, no fun.

What Anet needs to do is start making server transfers cost something now, or stop them altogether except free ones to lower populated servers. I mean, the rating system is basically pointless until that happens. As an example, what if all the people on JQ (since it was mentioned in this thread, just using them as an example), came to yak’s bend? JQ’s rating would plummet the rest of the weeks and yak’s bend would grow until it happened again.

And I know, I know, the server transfer prob wont stop till guesting is implemented. Until then, might as well go back to 24hr matches. Data and ranking at this point are skewed. Start anew once transfers arent free.

in WvW

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

Well after Tiglie’s not so classy post I think it’s about time to see another topic closure…

Edit: Looks like it was deleted or modded. Let’s try to avoid insulting and attacking others for just another day.

(edited by Vexacion.3971)

in WvW

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

There are just some people who should only experience the forums in exciting, “read only mode” and it’s those people who badly reflect their own servers as well as make fools of themselves.

+1 for thread lock.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

(edited by Isredel.4302)

in WvW

Posted by: Daboss.4682

Daboss.4682

With that said, all these trash guilds that came and ruined our queue, why don’t you make a name for yourselves transfering to a non-winning server, instead of bandwagoning in and ruining it for those of us that have been here?

Sigh, i’m glad your a minority when it comes to this opinion.

Daboss – 80 Guardian – Sanctum of Rall
Magicmang – xx Ele in progress
[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

I think the difference between higher or lower server tiers it is mostly based on how many players are actively participating in world versus world, their level of teamwork, coordination and to some point the PvP value of it’s players.
Honestly, I have seen in Sanctum of Rall constantly growing in all those areas over the time which finally came together to fruition this week. Any server coming together in all those areas will be victorious as it would fail doing otherwise. That includes the future encounters for Sanctum of Rall as well.
Looking beyond that not only cannot change the facts but it is just a waste of time.
All these discussions about conspiracy theory brings into my mind that a win is a win, the sense of fairness as there should be grace in defeat, overcoming obstacles, learning from defeat, actually that would be a measure of character…
I wish to extend my congratulations to everyone that participated on all three servers and lets not forget this is a game that we are suppose to enjoy together.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in WvW

Daboss.4682

Here’s a video of what the trash guilds that transfered here are capable of.

[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

With that said, all these trash guilds that came and ruined our queue, why don’t you make a name for yourselves transfering to a non-winning server, instead of bandwagoning in and ruining it for those of us that have been here?

Sigh, i’m glad your a minority when it comes to this opinion.

JQ was the designated target server for many old daoc/WAR guilds. The guilds Daboss listed are such old guilds, with players with over a decade of MMO pvp/wvw experience. Usually they know their game.

Welcome from VIG alliance , TW.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Rashka.7304)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Daboss, Nekky, I do think that the majority of our server are quite happy to have you and those ex-War/Daoc that came with you. Prior to launch when Fog told me that you were all going to Jade Quarry and not Sanctum of Rall, I was actually disappointed (Just ask Fog I’m sure he would remember). I do feel cheated of this week, but it’s just a game, and it’s a new game. Hopefully, we have many more years ahead of us, people will come and go, tempers may flare and subside but at the end of the day we’re going to jump into WvW and have fun. That’s all that matters to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

Daboss, Nekky, I do think that the majority of our server are quite happy to have you and those ex-War/Daoc that came with you. Prior to launch when Fog told me that you were all going to Jade Quarry and not Sanctum of Rall, I was actually disappointed (Just ask Fog I’m sure he would remember). I do feel cheated of this week, but it’s just a game, and it’s a new game. Hopefully, we have many more years ahead of us, people will come and go, tempers may flare and subside but at the end of the day we’re going to jump into WvW and have fun. That’s all that matters to me.

+1 to this right here, Thanks!

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Am I the only one that thinks the server transfers are a good thing for now? Yeah, my gaming was ruined this week. However the dissipation of guilds that originally all clustered onto a select few servers onto less populated servers will be good for the game in the long run. There will be a point, hopefully within a month or two, where the free transfers work themselves out, and queues/populations will be better for everyone all around. After that I am sure Anet will turn off the free transfers.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

I hope Arenanet made a great deal of money on initial sales. Many games have been killed by weaknesses being exposed by the players. Congratz on those guilds in helping to destroy a potentially good game. You guys knew this was going to happen but you did it anyways. You should have went to Kaineng, where they really needed help.

I find the lack of response from Arenanet disturbing.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Am I the only one that thinks the server transfers are a good thing for now? Yeah, my gaming was ruined this week. However the dissipation of guilds that originally all clustered onto a select few servers onto less populated servers will be good for the game in the long run. There will be a point, hopefully within a month or two, where the free transfers work themselves out, and queues/populations will be better for everyone all around. After that I am sure Anet will turn off the free transfers.

The problem with it is the way it’s setup now. There’s absolutely no penalty for transferring to a winning server. No lockout, nothing. The populations will never even out unless more populated servers are locked out of transfers, transfers are locked out of WvW for a period of time, or something along those lines.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I honestly would mind seeing this thread cleared out/closed.

It’s sickening me, how hostile people are being on SoR and such. (Not to mention the poor sportsmanship.)

To SoR members:
Yes people did transfer here.
For those who say “The new people suck, kitten off, leave SoR, ect…” Get over it, you are the minority, while the majority of people are welcoming newer guilds with an open heart, and working with them. Take a long look into the past of SoR and think of how Roger would take the way you are treating the newer members of SoR.

True I didn’t know him, but from what I’ve heard and read, I can honestly say he wouldn’t approve of how childish and rude some of you are being to newer SoR members.

I highly doubt he would have wanted the server to become a place where a new guild or player is trash talked about. I am willing to bet he would have welcomed the newer members or guild with an open heart an open arms.

Please don’t bring down SoR because of your hate, but be the SoR we all know. I know I’ve only been in SoR for 3-4 weeks, however when I first came, myself and my guild were welcomed, and got to know many within the community. We stayed because we liked it in SoR.
The general atmosphere has changed for the worse and now it is more of a hostile environment then it was 3-4 weeks ago. All need to think back and reflact on their actions and words, then see how it’s making people feel who haven’t been in SoR from the beginning.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

I think the transfers are for the greater benefit of the game. The top tiers were obviously too crowded with 5 hour WvW queues. hopefully the transfers are going to spread out though.

in WvW

Posted by: Raccoon.5876

Raccoon.5876

All things aside, my WvW experience has been greatly diminished since last weekend. I preferred some of the earlier boot on the neck beat downs we took to the current situation.

Raccuna – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

I think the transfers are for the greater benefit of the game. The top tiers were obviously too crowded with 5 hour WvW queues. hopefully the transfers are going to spread out though.

In a perfect world perhaps…however human nature being what it is….people want to win. Many of them are going to do anything that allows them that. Allowing effectively unlimited transferring with no penalties does not help the game in any way I can see.

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

which is why cutting transfers in the immediate future would be good, now that the major alliances from tier 1 have dispersed among the population, this would be the opportune time to do it.

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

I’d like to thank SOR for the match up last week, and for the way they did, what Yaks Bend didn’t do, and fought back after losing so much ground on the 1st day of this current match up.

To the GOM guys stick with it, over time things hopefully will get better for your server.

Now for the YB Folks, Grow a heart and show some pride in your server. Sure SoR hit back with numbers, but what did you all do? oh this is too hard now so SOR will win and I will take the week off WvW. The sadest part of all of this, is not the thumping YB is receiving it’s the fact that the total lack of pride, of heart, of will from the folks on YB.

any ways I have left YB because of the lack of heart and pride people in the server have. So I wish ya’s GL with your future battles.

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

It would be incorrect to believe that Yak’s Bend didn’t give a good effort. I know my guild did their best taking over objectives but there is no way in hell that we could hold anything for long with the numbers SoR zerged with. The week played out too much like the failed MMO Warhammer – run around avoiding the enemy while trying to take stuff. Yak’s Bend has heart, but we’re not stoopid.

in WvW

Posted by: Peacedog.6804

Peacedog.6804

Now for the YB Folks, Grow a heart and show some pride in your server.

any ways I have left YB because of the lack of heart and pride people in the server have. So I wish ya’s GL with your future battles.

So what you’re doing is chastising the entire server about “heart” so you can feel better about moving to another server? I gotta admit that takes “heart”.

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

Another week of transfers like this and GW2 WvW goes the way of Warhammer. sPvP may be able to keep it going but another week of mass transfers kills the game for a huge percentage of the WvW playerbase.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I’d like to thank SOR for the match up last week, and for the way they did, what Yaks Bend didn’t do, and fought back after losing so much ground on the 1st day of this current match up.

To the GOM guys stick with it, over time things hopefully will get better for your server.

Now for the YB Folks, Grow a heart and show some pride in your server. Sure SoR hit back with numbers, but what did you all do? oh this is too hard now so SOR will win and I will take the week off WvW. The sadest part of all of this, is not the thumping YB is receiving it’s the fact that the total lack of pride, of heart, of will from the folks on YB.

stick with what? it’s pretty disheartening when you see 30 people take a supply camp. GOM has seen so many guilds leave. the orbs on top of masses is just a slap in the face. but fine, ‘good fight’ and all that.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

Until SoR moves up and the mass transfers makes it the next Henge of Denravi. The new guilds that moved to SoR will again abandon SoR. Ask any mistress who becomes a wife. Eventually, the new wife will be again replaced with a new mistress.

It is just a matter of time.

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

I realise being a commander you have probably had to bear more frustration than the average pug, so I’m in no position to judge your personal decision, but it’s probably not a good idea to have a go at the server when leaving (especially while at the same time encouraging GOM to stick with it).

(edited by Ordibble.3092)

in WvW

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

Whatever, Ill be glad when Friday finally hits and we yaks can go back to some actual interesting matches. Have fun in your constant battles with JQ, HoD, server queues and what not…

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

DaBoss – I am happy to see you again.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Indo – great to see you again too <3

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Wow…just…bug off. I’m not from any of the servers here but anyone who tells their server that they lack heart, and then leave the server anyway is scum. The least you can do in being a coward is to not be vocal about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Cael.2641

Cael.2641

Those guilds that xferred to SoR

What a joke.

I’ll go ahead and slide this in the dictionary under “Hypocrisy.”

But that’s OK. I don’t really blame you. SoR is good people.

We’ll just be seeing you again very soon.

Darkhaven is coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Everyone has to make their own choice. But it looks obvious this is happening in just about every single tier, and will continue to as long as Free Transfers are rampant. So I doubt greener pastures are really greener. YB is set up for a great matchup if this boondoggle doesn’t happen again, and I bet comes back with a vengeance starting tomorrow, to have the match we should have had this week.

The most (or only) competitive matchup actually looks like the one in the very bottom tier right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Yes, this isn’t really a problem with just these servers, it’s an overall problem. And until Anet does something about it, WvW is just going to keep going downhill with the same thing happening over and over again.

I was having a blast with WvW and figured I would be spending a lot more time in it, but the cracks are starting to show, and need to be fixed or it’s just going to be a disaster.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Stay classy, SoR.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

good luck!

i hope some day in your travels across the servers of GW2 you find yourself on a server that does have the heart, server loyalty, and pride in their server that matches yours!

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Laundry.5120

Laundry.5120

Stay classy, SoR.

X-fers I think…I only recognize one of those guild tags….

Lavanderie – 80 Mesmer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Electrique – 80 Engineer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

lol why do i bother….

I logged in… went to EB , step 5 feet out of GoM zone in area and am faced with a standoff between 6 of us vs 10+ SoR with siege set up behind them

gg

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Stay classy, SoR.

X-fers I think…I only recognize one of those guild tags….

They are on your server now, so what difference does it make? Despite all the protestations, maybe the SoR of last week is not the SoR of this week? Perhaps in the chase to go up two tiers at once a few compromises have had to be made?

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

They’ve explained what they are doing. They need all the points they can get to try and get to T3. It’s neck and neck with Tarnished Coast for that slot. I’d say let them. If SoR had this strength since the beginning they would be much higher rated, so why subject the next Tier up to another match like this. Let SoR get where they might belong, or even where they might bite more than they can chew and get a real fight.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Until SoR moves up and the mass transfers makes it the next Henge of Denravi. The new guilds that moved to SoR will again abandon SoR. Ask any mistress who becomes a wife. Eventually, the new wife will be again replaced with a new mistress.

It is just a matter of time.

And if that happens, I will still be on Sanctum of Rall. I might take a break from WvW for a week or two, but I’ll always be on Sanctum of Rall. It’s a game, a game that I spend a lot of time in, but it’s a game nonetheless. Every server picks up fair weather transfers when they win matches, sometimes they pick up good transfers when they win, sometimes they pick up good transfers regardless of the scoreboard or the rankings. Anyway, I’m sick of this debate, you can have your soapbox back chicken little.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Guess we could have used a few less golems =D
But what fun would that have been.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Daboss.4682

http://i48.tinypic.com/257f9et.png

Look how close the points are.

[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: Dargron.3895

Dargron.3895

Stay classy, SoR.

Yep, the spawn camping is disgraceful, and unfortunately we’ve yet to find any argument to convince them to stop it. The best we can offer is to keep our own guilds clear. Some people simply have no concept of an honourable fight. I can only hope they were foolish enough to aggro the guards.

Dargron|80 Charr Engineer| Gaiscioch [GSCH]|Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Chiro.5283

Chiro.5283

As far as the facts of this matchup in particular, we came over Saturday morning/afternoon when SoR was about 26-7k down. Soon as we came over, we jumped into WvW and took the orb and all 3 keeps in Yak’s BL, then moved to EB and started the work on SM and everything there. While people may blame the turn around on us, we were only present in 2 of the borderlands on Saturday, so it wasn’t just us, it was a collective team effort on everyone’s part to bring a 30k deficit back, which is no easy feat.

And as for the running up of this score, it was never our intention to demoralize. But in fact, after we turned around the score, we saw that if we could maintain above 600PPT for at least 15 hours a day, we could go from 2nd place tier 5 to 3rd place tier 3 and we would be able to skip tier 4 completely. And it looks like it’s going to happen.

Based on the results of the previous matchup (YB v NSP v SoR), I think we can all agree that the current result is due largely to the server transfers.

As for not intending to demoralise, seriously? You have stated that your intention is to get points to skip tiers (by trashing the other 2 servers), and you don’t think it will demoralise in any way? TBH, I am more angry than demoralised that you guys have came over and ruined a week of WvW for all of us (the original SoR included). Not that I haven’t tried fighting back but after a few days of taking supply camps only to get it zerged back in the next minute, it gets kinda pointless.

(edited by Chiro.5283)

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Well I think we will all be glad when this week is over.
Let’s try to keep it friendly and constructive on the official forums though.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Yaks/GoM, I want to personally apologize for the SoR players camping your spawns with siege, that kind of behavior is unnecessary and inappropriate. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to police our own so the best we can do is offer you an apology.

And I want to apologize to all players from all 3 servers for ruining this week’s matchup, it was not our intention to cause this amount of chaos. We were looking for a new home without queues and a lot more players followed us than expected.

There will be a new matchup tomorrow, hopefully we can put the hostility behind us in case we ever happen to meet up again down the road.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Yeah our next match up will be interesting.
I see GoM and Yaks will be facing off again =D
Kinda curious how that’s gonna turn out.
I’d put gold on Yak’s though.

Sanctum of Rall