Sanctum of Rall vs Gate of Madness vs Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

rolls eyes

Yaks was beat the prior week without any transfers or “bandwagoners.” This week they just folded like a house of cards and didn’t bother to organize a fight back after Sanctum took the lead.

And it has nothing to do with 24-hour coverage. Yaks didn’t show up most nights even in primetime. The reason Yaks is “outnumbered” is because they didn’t bother to show up.

Yeah, that has to be it (and yes, that’s sarcasm in case you can’t tell!)

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

There are people wasting Siege golems to spawn camp? Oheson, can you tell us which guilds are seen doing it? I’m curious as to which groups are wasting the time and resources for this kind of stuff.

Not even worth it man. I just say good riddance to SoR and I hope SoS kicks your kitten this week. After your 5 hours queues we will see you back in a few weeks without the uber nightly PvDoorers.

in WvW

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

i’ll be interested to see what happens on Yaks today considering how many peeps jumped ship on our server .
despite the beating we got i pvp’d 6-7hrs everyday and had some good fights .
To sor good luck with your next matchup

I get the feeling Yak’s will spring back, you guys have some great core guilds. You guys may have a couple people that come to these forums and act like jerks, so do we, but they dont represent our servers as a whole. I get the feeling that your opponents in this next matchup are going to have some pent up frustration forcibly carved into their skulls from you guys. Good luck.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

Nothing you guys are complaining about hasn’t happened to us at some point in the past including this week, there are ways to overcome border gate spawn camping, it just takes a little bit of leadership. I know you have it in you I’ve seen people on your side doing it, they just weren’t supported by anyone else. Those server transfer guilds you’re so fond of mentioning haven’t really been out this week either, I’m a regular in WvW and it’s been a real slow week for us. The entirety of Yak’s and GoM simply gave up from the get-go, there is no one to blame for that but yourselves.

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Two things I really enjoyed about this matchup:

1) Killing SoR invaders while naked. Seriously, though. For all the chest-thumping you guys did on the forum about how skilled you are pvp-wise, it would be a good idea to have your folks invest some extra time into learning their characters. If one guy with roughly 1/3rd of your stat bonuses can take on 2 or 3 fully-geared invaders, you’re going to have a rough time against servers with equal populations.

2) Taking advantage of no queue times to get free teleports to Lion’s Arch all week. Saving that extra 3s at the end of each farming run really adds up.

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

Those server transfer guilds you’re so fond of mentioning haven’t really been out this week either, I’m a regular in WvW and it’s been a real slow week for us. The entirety of Yak’s and GoM simply gave up from the get-go, there is no one to blame for that but yourselves.

What nonsense. I’ve seen the transfer guilds in Wv3 all week. How could you miss them? There was no giving up, you had a huge number of players transfer and were putting double our numbers on the map. You’re deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

Yeah. If that let’s you sleep easier at night, you keep telling yourselves that. While we’re having a decent match up this week – without the lopsided intervention of JQ server hoppers screwing everything up – we’ll wish you well in your new endeavors…far away from us. Now, with four hours till server re-set, do you SoR people think you could show just the slightest hint of class and stop with the chest-thumping and absurd grand-standing?

in WvW

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

2) Taking advantage of no queue times to get free teleports to Lion’s Arch all week. Saving that extra 3s at the end of each farming run really adds up.

Do you really not know that you can get a free port to LA anytime by going to the SPvP lobby?

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

=__________=

GoM, mate, please have a habit to check taken keeps for mesmers inside before rushing to another keep. It was embarrassing.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Two things I really enjoyed about this matchup:

1) Killing SoR invaders while naked. Seriously, though. For all the chest-thumping you guys did on the forum about how skilled you are pvp-wise, it would be a good idea to have your folks invest some extra time into learning their characters. If one guy with roughly 1/3rd of your stat bonuses can take on 2 or 3 fully-geared invaders, you’re going to have a rough time against servers with equal populations.

One thing I really enjoyed from this match up. Making about 500 badges off you Yank Bendians. Some of you guys just never give up heheh. Now I will have a ton of siege for our next match up which will actually be somewhat of a competition. Thank you yak bendians.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Do you really not know that you can get a free port to LA anytime by going to the SPvP lobby?

This forum really does need /satire tags.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

hahahaha. Oh man some people are so ignorant.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

Those server transfer guilds you’re so fond of mentioning haven’t really been out this week either, I’m a regular in WvW and it’s been a real slow week for us. The entirety of Yak’s and GoM simply gave up from the get-go, there is no one to blame for that but yourselves.

What nonsense. I’ve seen the transfer guilds in Wv3 all week. How could you miss them? There was no giving up, you had a huge number of players transfer and were putting double our numbers on the map. You’re deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Same old song every other week. This isn’t the first time SoR was matched up against same servers again. The mistake lies within expectation. People expect the followup match to be just like previous one.

However, SoR managed to adapt their strategy. Since expectation wasn’t met people struggle for explanations – guild transfers, cheating, full moon, whatever.

Many servers just forfeit if the going gets tough, but so far SoR is strong when it comes to morale. The core guilds on SoR are here to stay, and with them their defiance in order to beat the odds.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

“…Alot of the bandwagon guilds aren’t really contributing to our WvW efforts. The reality is they are still a somewhat small drop in the bucket when compared to our larger, more active original guilds. There are a few exceptions, but the bandwagoners serve more to tie up queue times than anything else. I mean this strictly in terms of actual contribution, and not just populating a zerg…”

Never mind, Lord Lefteris. No matter what you say, people will simply not accept that they lost because they were outplayed. No, it was the fact that SoR had 900 people in every borderland to their 20 (even if WvW server cap mechanics make that completely impossible).

This is funny when there are posts from guilds that transferred stating what happened and mentioning the numbers that transferred.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

Yeah. If that let’s you sleep easier at night, you keep telling yourselves that. While we’re having a decent match up this week – without the lopsided intervention of JQ server hoppers screwing everything up – we’ll wish you well in your new endeavors…far away from us. Now, with four hours till server re-set, do you SoR people think you could show just the slightest hint of class and stop with the chest-thumping and absurd grand-standing?

I dunno, can you guys stop being sore losers and telling us we don’t deserve this win? We beat you last week, but we couldn’t beat you this week except for the transfers? Please. You guys might have had a fighting chance earlier on in the week if you had more than 10 people in a borderland at once.

But you didn’t, you just gave up. I didn’t see one serious attempt from Yaks to take anything back all week, not after the Friday night fracas (which was well-done).

GoM, yall got spirit, you just need some more people out in the borderlands and a bit better organization — one zerg has uses, but when it’s facing 3 smaller zergs.. two zergs can capture things while the third simply slows down your super-zerg. Sure, probably lose whatever the super-zerg is on, but trading 2 for 1 is a net loss for you).

Yaks.. most of you are alright and were good sportsmen last week. Yer cool, and keep fighting the good fight. The Yaks in here telling us we’re garbage without the transfers..well heh, who cares really. To them, to the sore losers, I simply say: Scoreboard.

Yaks.. most of you are alright and were good sportsmen last week. Yer cool, and keep fighting the good fight. The Yaks in here telling us we’re garbage without the transfers..well heh, who cares really. To them, to the sore losers, I simply say: Scoreboard.And regardless of what happens in our next matchup, at least we’re going to keep trying. You’ll never know how much you can do unless you try.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

Hey SoR. It will be interesting to see how you fight when you don’t have 4 to 1 odds. At no time this week did we have even or even down 2 to 1 on every battle.

lol. But..but you guys are uber so you should be able to overcome.

in WvW

Posted by: KalasDelRio.8921

KalasDelRio.8921

Despite our ‘win’, if you want to call it that, I’ve been highly disappointed with WvW this week. Hats off to those few Yaks that fought on and tried their best to be a pain in our kitten though, It was fun duking it out against you guys.

I can’t see why people are judging servers by skill or dedication at the moment because until the free xfers stop, (and I can only hope that happens soon) we’re not gonna know which server is the best, Since guilds are just going to keep hopping every time they hit queues.

ANet needs to hurry up and start charging for xfers O.o

Majestic Mez | Snoop Doggs Blunt | Majestic Tracer [OMEN]

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

Yo Rashka and Warmonkey, did you completely miss how you had a minimum of 8 guilds, plus followers transfer to SoR? It was posted in this thread by a leader of one of the transferring guilds. They transferred on Saturday, which was the point you started making your come back. Until they transferred you were being smoked. Quite the coincidence eh?

This game’s about to end so I don’t care about it any more, but get a clue. This wasn’t the original SoR buckling down, or Yak’s Bend giving up faced by a determined foe. You got carried.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

There are people wasting Siege golems to spawn camp? Oheson, can you tell us which guilds are seen doing it? I’m curious as to which groups are wasting the time and resources for this kind of stuff.

Not even worth it man. I just say good riddance to SoR and I hope SoS kicks your kitten this week. After your 5 hours queues we will see you back in a few weeks without the uber nightly PvDoorers.

You’re probably right, we’ll drop down a tier or two because the core pop on Rall- the guilds who didn’t transfer over -aren’t the ones who wanted to move up so fast. Don’t worry though, when we drop back down we won’t be able to dominate like this and beat you by 400,000+ points.

We’ll just beat you by 2000 points or so, like we did the week before.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

FractalChaos.6539

Speaking only for myself, I’ll stop pointing out how whiny you sound when you stop pretending that server transfers were the sole reason for SoR winning. Until then…grow up.

in WvW

FractalChaos.6539

Hey SoR. It will be interesting to see how you fight when you don’t have 4 to 1 odds. At no time this week did we have even or even down 2 to 1 on every battle.

I’m fully expecting SoR to come in 2nd in this matchup; by how many points I’m not sure. Then again, if we win I’m sure that once again- for the 5th week in a row now -the opposition will claim it was due to server transfers. It’s ok, I’m used to it by now.

in WvW

Posted by: Munki.9452

Munki.9452

I think people will stop suggesting that Transfers played a large part in your victory when you acknowledge that they had a definite role in it.

As far as I we see the situation over here on Yaks; Friday we came out strong and did very well. SoR started fighting back and were starting to make headway. Saturday, TW and a number of other ex-JQQ guilds transferred on to SoR. SoR gains almost full map control, as well as has superior numbers in most of the borderlands at this point. Night falls and the map gets swept up at that point. You ride your morale boost from your fantastic comeback (which no matter what you want to believe, your new guilds helped with!) while we are having to deal with the demoralization that occurs from losing such a large lead coupled with being outnumbered in EVERY map by this point (due to fair weather WvWers no longer queueing in).

Ultimately it doesn’t matter what really happened. SoR was a very strong server. They are now an even stronger server. I know you like to say that this is a familiar song and dance, that every other week you are accused of gaining transfers, etc etc. But the fact is, you got an infusion of T1 quality guilds at the start of this match, during a crucial time. NOTHING you can say is going to make your opponents feel better. If we got an infusion of T1 guilds too maybe we could have felt better about our loss. You absolutely could have won anyway… but we all got our spirit crushed because over the space of one weekend your server turned in to a MUCH better one than we faced last week.

No defense is going to be able to really change the perception other servers have of the matchup. It’s nice that you can be the winning server and preach on about how we shouldn’t have given up, etc etc. Despite you having good intentions in your advice, all it does is come off as preachy and pretentious.

No matter what you want to say, the ‘evidence’ is there to paint your win as something that came due to transfers, regardless of if it’s the truth or not. Unfortunately, Perception is a lot more powerful than truths that can’t be proven. In the end, this is just a roadbump in your servers rise to glory and I applaud the JQQ guilds for actually dispersing to other servers. I’m just sad my server was a casualty in this dispersion.

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

I think people will stop suggesting that Transfers played a large part in your victory when you acknowledge that they had a definite role in it.

As far as I we see the situation over here on Yaks; Friday we came out strong and did very well. SoR started fighting back and were starting to make headway. Saturday, TW and a number of other ex-JQQ guilds transferred on to SoR. SoR gains almost full map control, as well as has superior numbers in most of the borderlands at this point. Night falls and the map gets swept up at that point. You ride your morale boost from your fantastic comeback (which no matter what you want to believe, your new guilds helped with!) while we are having to deal with the demoralization that occurs from losing such a large lead coupled with being outnumbered in EVERY map by this point (due to fair weather WvWers no longer queueing in).

Ultimately it doesn’t matter what really happened. SoR was a very strong server. They are now an even stronger server. I know you like to say that this is a familiar song and dance, that every other week you are accused of gaining transfers, etc etc. But the fact is, you got an infusion of T1 quality guilds at the start of this match, during a crucial time. NOTHING you can say is going to make your opponents feel better. If we got an infusion of T1 guilds too maybe we could have felt better about our loss. You absolutely could have won anyway… but we all got our spirit crushed because over the space of one weekend your server turned in to a MUCH better one than we faced last week.

No defense is going to be able to really change the perception other servers have of the matchup. It’s nice that you can be the winning server and preach on about how we shouldn’t have given up, etc etc. Despite you having good intentions in your advice, all it does is come off as preachy and pretentious.

No matter what you want to say, the ‘evidence’ is there to paint your win as something that came due to transfers, regardless of if it’s the truth or not. Unfortunately, Perception is a lot more powerful than truths that can’t be proven. In the end, this is just a roadbump in your servers rise to glory and I applaud the JQQ guilds for actually dispersing to other servers. I’m just sad my server was a casualty in this dispersion.

Many of us have acknowledged the transfers have contributed, but we also say its not the only reason. Alot of the bandwagon guilds that joined are hurting us more than helping as well. Sure TW helped, but its unfair to claim like many have they are the only reason for our success.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

I’m fully expecting SoR to come in 2nd in this matchup; by how many points I’m not sure. Then again, if we win I’m sure that once again- for the 5th week in a row now -the opposition will claim it was due to server transfers. It’s ok, I’m used to it by now.

I expect it too as I feel many currently feel too confident from spawn camping. I do feel however, those that are getting a kick out of the spawn camping are from some of the bandwagon guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I think we stand a decent chance at winning this matchup. Crystal Desert has a very small Oceanic presence and Sea of Sorrows has a small North American presence. I think we’ll walk into the matchup on equal footing perhaps us even with a slight advantage from having a bunch of unused siege from last week.

Either case, SoR has a decent Oceanic player base now. Hand plays exclusively in the early AMs as most of our members are Americans working on graveyard shift. When I’ve been on the last few days it hasn’t been too difficult to muster up the forces to retake our camps and towers in the early AM, worst case scenario we just try to hold what we have and we’ll be able to do that.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

tkalamba.2541

I think we stand a decent chance at winning this matchup. Crystal Desert has a very small Oceanic presence and Sea of Sorrows has a small North American presence. I think we’ll walk into the matchup on equal footing perhaps us even with a slight advantage from having a bunch of unused siege from last week.

Either case, SoR has a decent Oceanic player base now. Hand plays exclusively in the early AMs as most of our members are Americans working on graveyard shift. When I’ve been on the last few days it hasn’t been too difficult to muster up the forces to retake our camps and towers in the early AM, worst case scenario we just try to hold what we have and we’ll be able to do that.

We also have KIWI from New Zealand that can play during our off hours.