in WvW

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Save GW2: turn WxWxW in GxGxG.

in WvW

Posted by: kntz.1420

kntz.1420

Ok, let me explain.

Currently there are no sense in playing WxWxW.

What I am suggesting is that the WxWxW maps (only WxWxW maps) become extensions of PvE maps with new quests, new goals, trade, farms and housing with “real” and “total” open PvP where different guilds can compete (it doesn’t matter the source server) .

Alone or group players could choose factions (temporary or not) as well.

This means that WxWxW maps would allow PK: Player (s) vs. player (s), the real PvP, and no longer a zerg festival.

So, it is a good solution for GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

no

in WvW

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

Yes, let’s remove something that so many people love and enjoying playing and replace it with a game mode for elitist guilds to show their kitten off instead!
Again, no.

While I am all for GvG being introduced again, replacing an already existing game mode with it is lolable.

Also, if you want “real pvp” go play Spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Yes, let’s remove something that so many people love and enjoying playing and replace it with a game mode for elitist guilds to show their kitten off instead!
Again, no.

While I am all for GvG being introduced again, replacing an already existing game mode with it is lolable.

No we want REAL Guild Wars 2 = GvG

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

custom arena that way —-—————————→

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Imagine trying to organise three large guilds to compete at the same time. You’d be lucky to get one match a week.

in WvW

kntz.1420

Imagine trying to organise three large guilds to compete at the same time. You’d be lucky to get one match a week.

Ok, Let me explain:

No more WxWxW. We use only the maps to preserve PvE as it is.
There are several guilds and a lot of “foreveralones”.
It´s only and classic “open PvP” among guilds, parties or factions from any server (megaserver), not among servers. Yes, 1×1 duels too.

No more zergs but battles everywhere for territories, areas, new objectives, dangerous quests, you decide.

It would be fun, hard and good to play everyday.

(edited by kntz.1420)

in WvW

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Ok, let me explain.

But what about those who like playing WvW as it is right now? What about the solo roamers? What about the havoc squads? What about the scouts? Where will they go? What will there be for them to do?

This means that WxWxW maps would allow PK: Player (s) vs. player (s), the real PvP, and no longer a zerg festival.

You already have PvP in sPvP. If that’s what you want, you can go there.

Not everyone who plays in WvW plays in Zerg, duels or a 5 person group. You’re basically ignoring all of those people.

in WvW

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i dont see how turning wvw into gvg saves guild wars2. i see a lot of dedicated people playing wvw now that would leave the game.we got server wait on reset night for hours on the main maps . if you want gvg keep asking for gvg dont try to ruin a good part of the game for those who love

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Again, no.

hehehe

people stop enjoying wvw like half year ago, when most of community left GW2.

stop creating delusion world around you bro.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Again, no.

hehehe

Yeah, don’t you know there are no more “real” players of GW2 left, all that’s left are all the fake players.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Again, no.

hehehe

Don’t know about your servers, but we still get queues on T1 servers. They’re not particularly longer or shorter than they were a year ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Again, no.

What’s this? An anet employee or a fanboi?

Have you stepped into WvWvW the last year? I can assure you it’s not what it used to be. The whole place is a zergfest, where most zergs don’t even fight eachother but take towers and don’t defend them.

The “elitist” guild groups are the only good thing there still is in WvWvW imo, and I think rewriting WvW from scrap is appropiate. The game mode sucks big time for everyone who enjoys PvP.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most people dislike WvW.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

Again, no.

Have you stepped into WvWvW the last year? I can assure you it’s not what it used to be. The whole place is a zergfest, where most zergs don’t even fight eachother but take towers and don’t defend them.

The “elitist” guild groups are the only good thing there still is in WvWvW imo, and I think rewriting WvW from scrap is appropiate. The game mode sucks big time for everyone who enjoys PvP.

Have you? It seems not.

in WvW

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

Again, no.

I would like proof that ‘most’ people dislike wvw. Do you know ‘most’ people? No, thought not.

Actually, most people like wvw. See what I did there?

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Ok, let me explain.

What I am suggesting is that the WxWxW maps (only WxWxW maps) become extensions of PvE maps with new quests, new goals, trade, farms and housing with “real” and “total” open PvP where different guilds can compete (it doesn’t matter the source server) .

I guess you don’t understand WvWvW at all – it does have PvE content. WvWvW is a combo between PvE and PvP. As far as zerging, that is the PLAYER’S OPTION, not the game. I often play WvWvW in a small dedicated and coordinated group. Also, with the advent of voice communication, who is to say the big ARE UNCOORDINATED? The term ‘ZERG’ means uncoordinated or mindless (look at most world bosses – those are ZERGs), but big groups are hard to coordinate and to the player on an opposing side, they look uncoordinated.

Try EotM then, that is a new map in the mists. That is mostly PvE, as that is how the players are using that map.

There is a real PvP – sPvP and yes you can play GvG in that, just not with 8 people per team.

As far as your suggestion, you know not what you are talking about. WvWvW has the most players in it, based on what A.Net has said.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

in WvW

kntz.1420

I guess you don’t understand WvWvW at all – it does have PvE content. WvWvW is a combo between PvE and PvP. As far as zerging, that is the PLAYER’S OPTION, not the game. I often play WvWvW in a small dedicated and coordinated group. Also, with the advent of voice communication, who is to say the big ARE UNCOORDINATED? The term ‘ZERG’ means uncoordinated or mindless (look at most world bosses – those are ZERGs), but big groups are hard to coordinate and to the player on an opposing side, they look uncoordinated.

Try EotM then, that is a new map in the mists. That is mostly PvE, as that is how the players are using that map.

There is a real PvP – sPvP and yes you can play GvG in that, just not with 8 people per team.

As far as your suggestion, you know not what you are talking about. WvWvW has the most players in it, based on what A.Net has said.

I guess you don’t understand “Guild Wars” at all.

Ok, let me explain, again.

in WvW

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

The name Guild Wars comes from its lore. Not from the fact GW1 had GvG.

I would suggest to read this completely: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lore

“Throughout the centuries, the continent of Tyria found itself in constant warfare. The multiple Guild Wars raged across human lands – constantly ending and starting again, creating a series of wars between Humans.”

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Xerion.8014)

in WvW

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

No matter how few people according to you enjoy WvWvW there are even fewer who care about GvG.
The answer is NO.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I guess you don’t understand “Guild Wars” at all.

Ok, let me explain, again.

ROFL – YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND – The name Guild Wars comes from LORE ( http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lore ) and it was coincidental that you could GvG in GW1.

There is a sense to WvWvW – it is for server pride. If you don’t understand that, then no one can really force you to understand. The WvWvW maps are too big for GvG and would end up being like EotM (which is one zerg following another – that map in non-coordinated).

A.Net has already stated that this game was NOT designed for Open world PvP – period. The game would have to totally redesigned and that is NOT going to happen. They designed WvWvW to be a more controlled and pointed PvP with elements of PvE involved.

Sorry this game is not for you – move on.

in WvW

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

I like to play WvW every so often, I do not have a guild. I would hate to see this happen.
I wouldn’t have a problem with GvG being added in a proper way but not as replacing WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

How about instead they come up with something similar to what the battles isles were, give us guild halls, and implement real gvg using those halls. One team defending, one team invading.

Then the people that to gvg can gvg. And the people that want to wvw can wvw. Tada, happiness all around

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in WvW

kntz.1420

Addendum

From https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-MegaServer/page/44

Just want to chip in that the lasting effects I see of the current implementation of megaservers is that while servers are generally well populated, Anet are basically killing/neglecting the most important aspect of a thriving MMORPG; the community is at a severe disadvantage to getting relevant players together, whether that comes from friends at a micro-level to groups/guilds at the macro level and players from your own homeworld at the biggest level. Before you’d see the same names over and over and develop a sense of community and belonging, now even guilds and small groups are facing too many barriers just getting to play together, and as such megaservers in their current implementation are just killing off GW2’s most important factor.

Anet – you seriously need to revise your algorithms/implementations of megaservers and how you put players together in shards; come up with a way of handling “districts” like in GW1 and rather than having people spam “join in <zone>” to get in over and over when a shard is full, queue people up just like you do for WvW entry so that people can rather focus on playing the game in the meantime while still moving forward in queue to get in to the same shard as their friends/guilds/etc.

yeah i have said it before, ill say it again, in order for megaservers to work well, they have to come up with new means of identifying, encouraging and developing communities, and megaserver has to be able to accomodate people who specifically want to go out of their way to play together.

so allow players to create/develop/manage communities based on shared interests, and then allow them to travel together

Since the megaservers went live, the community I was part of has died. My friends list now has hardly anyone online anymore, and my guild use to have consistently during the evening, 90-100 people online. That’s now dropped to 20-30 people.

I’ve just lost the will to log in these days, the final nail in the coffin is the strict world boss times. The loss of the dynamic nature of the world boss popping up randomly killed the game for me, that was the one thing I really loved doing in this game.

Right there with you Xaal. +1

Battles among servers without strong guilds/communities means nothing.
So, eliminating WxWxW there is no more need to megaservers. Guilds can grow wealthy and healthy. This way GW2 is back to be a MMORPG and no more a “trimmed” version of League of Legends.

(edited by kntz.1420)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

lots of ppl still enjoy WvW, myself included.

there’s really no reason whatsoever to remove it, you could still implement everything you’re asking for without removing WvW

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

kntz.1420

Guild Wars 2: so many meaningless battles just to kill guilds… it is nonsense or not?

(edited by kntz.1420)

in WvW

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Or just add GvG..? You’re pretty much just replacing one auto attack zerg with another.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Ok, Let me explain:

No more WxWxW. We use only the maps to preserve PvE as it is.
There are several guilds and a lot of “foreveralones”.
It´s only and classic “open PvP” among guilds, parties or factions from any server (megaserver), not among servers. Yes, 1×1 duels too.

No more zergs but battles everywhere for territories, areas, new objectives, dangerous quests, you decide.

It would be fun, hard and good to play everyday.

I disagree. This would actually increase the zerg. Only mega zerg guilds would be able to run on the maps. Its doesn’t take skill for 60 people to wipe 10. Not to mention what would you fight over? Anything you control would be lost as soon as your guild moves to something else. Today I fight for my server, my guild joins others to further that goal. The megaserver killed server communities as is outside of WvW, this would only make it worse. I have enjoyed open PvP games before but there was still an element in your side/their side in it, this would be a free for all which would attract very few people. Sorry -1 here.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

Ok, let me explain.

No.

There is no reason in this game to ever have open PVP in a PVE area. The only people who would ask for such a thing are scrubs who cant hack it in the PVP zones.

Ganking PVErs is what you are asking for, and thats not REAL pvp. Thats scrub PVP.

There is a dedicated PVP area. Use it and stop kittening about not being able to harvest PVE tears.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

(edited by JMadFour.9730)

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

We’ve had this discussion on the WvW forum multiple times.

The answer is: yes there should be GvG for those players who enjoy it, as long as it is not at the expense of the current WvW players.

WvW is an inclusive playstyle.

GvG promotes exclusivity.

Many players came to GW2 and are staying with GW2 because of the inclusive, server-pride based WvW play.

I am one of them.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Battles among servers without strong guilds/communities means nothing. So, eliminating WxWxW there is no more need to megaservers.

Megaserver architecture only applies to WvW in EotM; it has nothing to do with regular WvW. Further, your suggestion is not about GvG, it’s about turning WvW into open PvP. Finally, reposting the exact same argument you posted earlier is not good debate technique.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It is already offten wvw brakes down into gvgvg or just gvg for towers etc.. if your not in a guild that wvw you still have some things to do and are not comply locked out from the wvw content.

You know just because something is not NAMED the way you want it to be dose not changes how ppl play it Spvp is a type of GvG wvw is a type of GvG heck even minly team games are a type of GvG its just take a bit of coordination on the guilds part to make them into GvG fights. So stop being lazy if you want to realty GvG make it happen there all the tools in the world to make it work in GW2.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

ever thought of this, how are we gonna complete world exploration when only PvP guilds can compete?
it’s already bad enough WvWvW is included as it’s now, all you’re doing is making it impossible for any PvE-only player….

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I and many others love WvW as it is. It needs some updates, sure, but removing it completely and replacing it with open world PvP? Yeah, no.

People don’t defend things? Not sure what server you’re on, but in t1, people do defend. Want to see people not defending? Head into EoTM. That is people capping things and not defending.

Your argument about how this would promote healthy communities is delusional at best. It would make larger guilds stronger and completely wreck smaller guilds as they can’t do anything against the megaguild zergs.

I don’t know why you’re intent on saying no one likes WvW. There’s plenty of us still playing it. Not sure how you could imply that it’s dead, when at least in t1, all maps are queued every Friday at reset, and some other nights during prime time. Obviously the population of WvWers is still pretty healthy.

I’m all for implementing GvG, but not in a way that removes the WvW a lot of people love.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in WvW

kntz.1420

Friends, this is not a “debate”. It is only a kind of “outburst” to wake up devs.

“Megaserver” is just a pun for “Mergeservers”.
You know that the population of GW2 is falling instead of rising.

Ok, if GW2 is a game of few and still is a blessing for some, fine.

It’s been my experience that the server in each bracket with the highest WvW population wins. There is very little real doubt about who is going to win week to week, or each bracket of the tourney’s. Five defenders have no chance of stopping a 20+ man zerg. Servers are buying and selling guilds in order to “load” their server with overwhelming odds. Servers that have lower WvW populations are giving up. People who might otherwise compete either “join the bandwagon”, or find other content, or quit rather than become bags in an unequal “competition”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-Population-Balance

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

My guild consists of two people, the wife and myself but we pull our weight in WvW and work with the other guilds there for the Server and not to stoke our egos. WvW needs some loving but we do not need nor want to change the format to GvG. As I currently have 9 level 80’s that I use in WvW and no longer play the PvE side of the game the OP’s suggestion would essentially force me to leave the game.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Friends, this is not a “debate”. It is only a kind of “outburst” to wake up devs.

“Megaserver” is just a pun for “Mergeservers”.
You know that the population of GW2 is falling instead of rising.

Ok, if GW2 is a game of few and still is a blessing for some, fine.

It’s been my experience that the server in each bracket with the highest WvW population wins. There is very little real doubt about who is going to win week to week, or each bracket of the tourney’s. Five defenders have no chance of stopping a 20+ man zerg. Servers are buying and selling guilds in order to “load” their server with overwhelming odds. Servers that have lower WvW populations are giving up. People who might otherwise compete either “join the bandwagon”, or find other content, or quit rather than become bags in an unequal “competition”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-Population-Balance

Again with the population of the game. There is no proof one way or another that the game is losing players. Period. Also using anothers person OPINION of server populations and WvW isn’t proof. Yes, while some guilds MAY transfer servers for WvW, just means that WvW is still very alive and active, and not dying at all. “Most” players only really encompasses the players that you see when YOU are online. I don’t do much WvW, but everytime I log in and see what people are doing, most of the time the answer is “WvW”. Everytime I’ve jumped in to WvW, even during non peak hours, and my server wasn’t doing that well, I’ve only gotten the “Out numbered” buff a couple of times. It may just be the server you are on, but that certainly doesn’t include “MOST” players, or even a small fraction of players.

Killing WvW because you don’t like it for whatever reason, in favor of GvG, is certainly not a solution. If you want to GvG, Join sPvP with your guildies. Or bring your guild into WvW and do things apart from the “Zerg”. defend points, cause havoc, etc.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Don’t be fooled by the OP’s words. This thread topis is about changing WvW into a PK zone. My guess is there aren’t enough PvE victims in WvW for his tastes.

Ok, let me explain.

in WvW

kntz.1420

Don’t be fooled by the OP’s words. This thread topis is about changing WvW into a PK zone. My guess is there aren’t enough PvE victims in WvW for his tastes.

Ok, let me explain.

Yes, you are right.

PK is solid PvP and GvG is a major interest in GW2.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Solutions-to-GvG-arena-and-scene/page/2#post4189170

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Guild Alliance warfare could indeed make WvW a MUCH better experience. The main reason is that it could balance out populations and coverage on a weekly basis.

Guilds could ally themselves and declare war on other guilds. Each week all guilds big and small would be thrown in a pot. Based on a fairly simple set of criteria they system would create an alliance of several guilds that face off against two other generated alliances. Un-aligned players/guilds would be used to fill out the coverage/population in those alliances. WvW play would remain intact and be far more balanced. They could even expand and contract the number of matches based on player activity.

This wouldn’t solve all the WvW woes but it could remedy its biggest problem.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Making WvW a Team Competition won’t fix it, it’ll only kill it even more and close out the population that WvW thrives on; From Roamers to Random Zerglings – it should not be a game mode where it’s mainly exclusive to those who want to PvP in a Competitive esports style.

Don’t care about community for whatever reasons? That’s fine, but don’t look down on those who do like playing amongst their community because it may be too ‘casual’ for your own taste.

The problem is that populations are not spread out enough between servers, Anet promotes stacking on most top tier servers.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

kntz.1420

Truth be told. Battles between different servers seemed like a good idea but became a destroyer of communities. GW2 dies slowly because of WxWxW.

in WvW

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

when i go into wvwvw and see about 25 people on the conclusion i draw is that 25 people like wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Baron Oakley.1539

Baron Oakley.1539

Truth be told. Battles between different servers seemed like a good idea but became a destroyer of communities. GW2 dies slowly because of WxWxW.

Truth be told, highlighting an entire statement in bold doesn’t make it true.

It might be true that WvW damaged some server’s communities – but honestly, I really think for most servers WvW helps create a community. There really isn’t the same need to co-operate in PvE and until I became a WvW player I never joined the server TS, attended council meetings etc. – I didn’t even know they existed.

For most of the servers I have faced (T4-T6) I am certain that the majority of players are not hardcore GvGers. Your original suggestion might make a few ppl happy – but I think it would be much better to introduce a separate place for GvG than to kill a game mode many enjoy.

If your suggestion were to be implemented, I and many others would stop playing.

Tar Telemmaite
Northern Shiverpeaks – NSP Pride!

(edited by Baron Oakley.1539)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I like both GvG and WvW. No. GvG needs its own game mode.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

No. Keep your GvG out of my WvW.

I do not mind a dedicated GvG game mode. You should lobby for that and not lobby for ruining a game mode for your own personal interest.

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Actually, I’d say with the megaserver, WvW is the only thing holding server communities together at this point.

I know when I’m in WvW is the only time I really feel connected to TC as a community anymore, and I love that, because I think our community is amazing. Outside of WvW, the only server-specific playerbase you have is the guild(s) you’re in.

Removing the last bit of server community we have still intact after the April patch would be a very bad thing, and likely would drive a lot of people who frequent WvW away.

You can keep repeating the same argument over and over, but people just don’t agree with you. Getting rid of a game mode many of us love just so you can have open-world PvP against people who don’t want to PvP…well, your idea is bad, and you should feel bad.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie