Save WvW Before its too Late

in WvW

Posted by: Radakill.3469

Radakill.3469

Most people will agree that the current WvW situation is so far out of balance that the current method of server vs server is either dead or dying. Anets attempt to band aid the problem by imposing time limits and gem fees wont fix the issue and at best, only prolongs the inevitable death of WvW as we know (knew) it.

Are there those that will dispute this? Of Course.

Transferring to a top ranked server was really nothing less then cheating. And those that have done so will fight tooth and nail to keep it that way. No big surprise there. So you will have posters rave on and on about how the current system is fantastic.

It is not.

Anet, in all its wisdom, SHOULD have seen this coming long before it started to become such a problem, and acted much sooner, and, with many more restrictions, to prevent such a catastrophic disaster from happening in the first place. Plus, they were warned, to no avail. Mores the pity.

Now, many servers have been bled dry while the other top ranked have swelled. For those playing on the high ranked servers, they enjoy virtually uncontested rankings and rewards week after week, while the lower ranked servers are lucky to have much participation at all, feel nothing but frustrated as week after week more and more people quit or even get desperate enough to pay the price of either character wiping, or buying into a higher ranked server as well.

This is the reality. I see it get worse every day.

The other reality is, server vs server is pretty much FUBAR at this point.

So, how to fix this nightmare?

Simply, you make the competition fair. Level the playing field. And yes, its going to really tick off some people. However, I have seen this time and time again, if you leave a problem like this to fester, one day you wake up and suddenly you dont have a player base. Even the top dogs wont stay around for long if no one is left to conquer.

For the fix, at this point the only real way to make the game fair again is to remove server vs server altogether. Remove the option of essentially forming your own team. Its the only way. Otherwise, players will abuse any chance to move to a team with the scales tilted in their favor. It will happen every time, Ive been playing games since before the PC was invented, and trust me, its just human nature. You cant give people a choice, they will abuse it.

So then, whats left?

Random.

You take those players who wish to participate in WvW, you throw them into a random pool for the week (or day, whatever time period) and everyone is assigned to a team for that period. This can be weighted by various criteria, such as ranking for example. Open up a time frame for the those that wish to apply, no shows can be filled in by late comers.

This is just an example, as matches can be arranged in a variety of ways, but random is the key.

Will something like this tick some people off, hell yeah it will. I can see the flame posts already and I havent even started the thread. But in the long run, it makes the game fair for everyone, and no one, even the cheats and transfer junkies will want to play for long when the challenge is gone.

Cmon Anet, dont let WvW end up like DAOC, do something about it now.

in WvW

Posted by: DoomMagick.5963

DoomMagick.5963

1. issue: Guilds as proof of the ‘mega server’ anet would never part guild members from each other, thus making it a game of stacking a guilds(500people).. Sure this would support the name of the game but…. I’m pretty sure such a thing would result in even worse WvW play.

And WvW’ing with a new crowd every week + unable to do it with your friends if done your way would just as quickly ruin it. :/

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

TBH I think it’s already too late for WvW. Anet has ignored the community for too long and whatever changes they make IF any will take time, I have seen the WvW population on my server alone drop drastically over the past six months.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Level the playing field, buff Outmanned. Make it double the duration on Righteous Indignation for Outmanned Supervisors and Make Outmanned keeps and camps loose supply when captured. This should slow down larger zergs and promote small group play. Increase difficulty/level of all outmanned NPC’s to make their caravans more likely to get somewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Level the playing field, buff Outmanned. Make it double the duration on Righteous Indignation for Outmanned Supervisors and Make Outmanned keeps and camps loose supply when captured. This should slow down larger zergs and promote small group play. Increase difficulty/level of all outmanned NPC’s to make their caravans more likely to get somewhere.

^^^ This, and remove downed state/hard ressing so that smaller, more skilled groups can take out larger groups.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

Buffing Outmanned and extending the duration on RI would be a decent start.

I would like to see the down state reduced but not removed. Many times, I’m insta-dead from ACs and ranger spam anyway.

Furthermore, let’s add a hard rez timer added for Outmanned. I.e. if you don’t rez your downed mate after 15-20 sec, then he’s kicked back to the beginning WP… like falling in EoTM. Non-Outmanned would be insta-ported.

Massing is a fundamental military tactic, and we shouldn’t be too upset when it’s used. However, we can mitigate its more ridic aspects.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

in WvW

Radakill.3469

1. issue: Guilds as proof of the ‘mega server’ anet would never part guild members from each other, thus making it a game of stacking a guilds(500people).. Sure this would support the name of the game but…. I’m pretty sure such a thing would result in even worse WvW play.

And WvW’ing with a new crowd every week + unable to do it with your friends if done your way would just as quickly ruin it. :/

Mega Server is purly PVE instance at this time and would not be effected. The “Guild Wars” aspect of the game would live on.

A similar way of random generation is already in place in the game, this would be a larger extension of that. PVP is random (if your not in a pre made), and there is no reason why pre mades cant be implemented in a random match system for WvW, just on a smaller scale… ie limit the size of the pre made groups to inhibit large scale stacking.

Friends are still playing, they might be on the other side of the fence, is it really so hard to go head up with your friends now and then instead of having them on the same team?

As far as ruining it… the current system has already done that, it cant get any worse. With a random match system it gives hope to players that even if they lose one week, they have the next match to look forward to. Right now people feel hopeless and dread every matchup knowing every week will be the same outcome. This leads to quitting and eventually could end WvW altogether.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

The reason I avoid EOTM like the plaque is because you are not fighting FOR anything but yourself.

There absolutely no server loyalty.

Some dismiss such a notion as being unimportant but they are wrong. It only unimportant to themselves.

I have never transferred servers. There a whole pile of people I know in WvW who have been on my server from the start and would never transfer servers. To suggest everyone the same and just jumps server to server to find which one will win is simply nonsense.

EOTM is nothing but a Karma train. It has become that because the only reason to play it is to get STUFF. The difference between playing for a server and playing for ones self may not appeal to you but it appeals to a wide swathe of the player base. Contrary to what some suggest I do find satisfaction in helping other members of my TEAM to win and contributing in that regard.

If you ask any athelete that was involved in professional sports what they missed most about their careers it was not getting the goals or scoring touchdowns or being cheered, it was the sense they were a part of a team and helping one another to victory.

Your suggestion is akin to having a hockey game where if one team was ahead 4 to nothing after the first period 6 of its best players would be moved to the other team after the first period in return for 6 of the poorer players so as to “make the game fair”.

Are there issues with WvW? Of course there are but randomizing which team one is on is not a solution and is a worse cure then the problem.

I do not want to be assigned to a random team week to week. There would simply be no reason to play WvW over Pve if I was. While there are those who would not be bothered by this at all and that is THEIR prerogative, there are many I am sure, who would agree with me.

You have what you ask for in EOTM. The group that does not care about server loyalty can go play there.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Randomising wvw matchups might genuinely be the worst idea I’ve heard on this forum. I’ve been in every tier between T2 and T8 on my server without transferring. Sure the best matchups are the closer ones but if I had to play with different people very week I’d just stop playing wvw compeltely

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

The reason I avoid EOTM like the plaque is because you are not fighting FOR anything but yourself.

Some dismiss such a notion as being unimportant but they are wrong. It only unimportant to themselves.

I have never transferred servers. There a whole pile of people I know in WvW who have been on my server from the start and would never transfer servers. To suggest everyone the same and just jumps server to server to find which one will win is simply nonsense.

EOTM is nothing but a Karma train. It has become that because the only reason to play it is to get STUFF. The difference between playing for a server and playing for ones self may not appeal to you but it appeals to a wide swathe of the player base. Contrary to what some suggest I do find satisfaction in helping other members of my TEAM to win and contributing in that regard.

If you ask any athelete that was involved in professional sports what they missed most about their careers it was not getting the goals or scoring touchdowns or being cheered, it was the sense they were a part of a team and helping one another to victory.

Your suggestion is akin to having a hockey game where if one team was ahead 4 to nothing after the first period 6 of its best players would be moved to the other team after the first period in return for 6 of the poorer players so as to “make the game fair”.

Are there issues with WvW? Of course there are but randomizing which team one is on is not a solution and is a worse cure then the problem.

I do not want to be assigned to a random team week to week. There would simply be no reason to play WvW over Pve if I was. While there are those who would not be bothered by this at all and that is THEIR prerogative, there are many I am sure, who would agree with me.

You have what you ask for in EOTM. The group that does not care about server loyalty can go play there.

The comparisons to professional sports are simply far fetched. Team bonding and comradery etc is all nice and fun but the reason we play sports is for COMPETITION. That word needs to be bigger than I can make it here. COMPETITION only exists when both sides are even. Comradery and team work brotherhood all come as a side bonus to the overall theme of EQUAL COMPETITION. So yea, you and many people like stacking servers and being with your PvE buddies in zergs trampling over the opposition.

No reason to WvW because you can not be with your friends? WvW in its purest form is about competition. This is a PvP zone not a stack in a corner and 1 spam NPC to death and collect loot zone.

I would absolutely love your idea OP. As much as I like my “friends” and my guild and my server. My priority is a balanced competitive game mode REGARDLESS of anything else. How that method is achieved is of little concern to me. Professional sports players do not care how many teams are in the league or size of rosters or rule changes etc. They care about balanced competition. They care that the game is 5v5 or 11v11 etc.

Bottom Line? Game is too casual. Why should Anet force any balanced populations or servers when most of these players like to stack and farm the opposition 30 v 5. Why would Anet take away the biggest cash cow they probably have in gem sales for transfers. Game Over.

in WvW

Radakill.3469

I actually agree with what your saying, however, your ignoring the side effects of “free will” in any game. People, given the choice, will look for the easy way to solve any problem. Its human nature. Winning for many players, is a problem, and to solve it, they will migrate to any side that had an edge if given the chance. This is the case here, and has been in every situation that allows people to choose teams, servers, guilds etc. You see it in real life every day, and to expect it wont happen in a game as well is just pure ignorance. Its a historical fact that will repeat itself over and over.

You may not agree with random, but it does solve many problems and allows for some aspect of fairness. And, most important, you may think it will drive people away, however, in many games pvp matches ARE random, and those will be around and are still frequently played and are popular. Random, along with LIMITED grouping and pre mades, have stood the test of time, its a system that is known to actually work.

In fact, most, if not all, large MMO games that offer pvp have some sort of random + pre made generation system, this one included. GW1 had it.

For the record I would prefer a server vs server system for WvW myself… if it was fair and balanced but unfortunately, as we have seen here and in the past, it just dosent work, you cant expect all people to play fair if they are given a choice.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

One of the biggest problems is that there are too many servers and not enough players to populate them in WvW. There’s not enough incentive to enter and play WvW competitively (as in, not fairweathering) for the majority of players. The lack of rewards in WvW compounds the problem, as hardcore WvW players need to PvE to fund themselves.

There are enough players on paper to populate every WvW map on every server every day during NA prime time. You don’t see them because WvW doesn’t provide enough to do for those PvE players. Especially on lower tier servers where players can’t play the PPT game that highest tier servers have the means to do which attracts more PvE players.

Randomising WvW teams would not fix the problem but make it worse, since the more fundamental problems of incentive and reward wouldn’t have been fixed. The reason higher tier players have “more players” (not really) is that the small amount players that don’t live in North America have only a few servers to play on where they can get fights and not PVDoor. Hell, there’s around 8 Oceanic guilds in all of T1 added up, together fielding maybe 300-400 players, pushing 500 on a very good day. There are more NA players on a single Tier1-Tier2 NA server. Think about that. Only idiots would transfer off T1/2 if they played Oceanic since there’d be no fights at all.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

They tried this in EotM, and it turned into a Karma/XP train. EotM is no longer even a competitive game mode.

Just because WvW has problems, that does not mean that every solution will help. This solution will make it worse, no thank you.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

babazhook.6805

>>People, given the choice, will look for the easy way to solve any problem. Its human nature.

PEOPLE will not. SOME people will.

The problem with posts such as yours and those who that nod their agreement is you and they wish to claim every person motivated by the same things and plays for the same reasons. You can not have one size fits all. You never will.

>>You see it in real life every day, and to expect it wont happen in a game as well is just pure ignorance. Its a historical fact that will repeat itself over and over.

Ignorance , really? What I see day to day is not what you see day to day. I acknowledge that there are people with no sense of loyalty. I also so the many that have that loyalty.

It is not “human nature”. It appeals to some people and does not to others.

If you must champion your cause then what you should be doing is asking that EOTM be revamped so the points mean something. Then you can join it, be assigned to some random team and play to your hearts content. I have no issues with that.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

There have been a couple threads with ideas how to improve WvW server competition. I hope ANet is going to pick up some of those ideas. Another season without changes would be sad.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

babazhook.6805

>>No reason to WvW because you can not be with your friends? WvW in its purest form is about competition. This is a PvP zone not a stack in a corner and 1 spam NPC to death and collect loot zone.

Oh please. I grow sick to death of people such as yourself demanding that everyone must be playing this game for the same reasons you are.

I ACKNOWLEDGE what you like in the game. Please have the decency to allow others their own reasons.

I have tried EOTM. I hate it with a passion. Others like it. WvW is not just about PvP and “competition”.

I am not asking that EOTM be changed just because what I find important in the game is not present there.

Please do not tell ME why I am playing the game. I know why I play it. You do not.

>>Professional sports players do not care how many teams are in the league or size of rosters or rule changes etc. They care about balanced competition. They care that the game is 5v5 or 11v11 etc

Yeah this is why Bosh , Lebron James and Duane Ward all went to Miami to stack that team. This is why Lebron James has suggested he might go to Utah so as to make sure that team more competitive.

This is why all the big name free agents in hockey want to sign with the Edmonton Oilers and the Buffalo Sabres. They want to ensure those teams more competitive.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

As stated many times above, random is bad. But the OP is not so far away from the solution. What we need is an alliance vs alliance vs alliance system and the megaserver’s instances tecnology. That will preserve some form of pride and guarantee even battles and that you’ll be placed in the same instance as your guildies and friends.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

As stated many times above, random is bad. But the OP is not so far away from the solution. What we need is an alliance vs alliance vs alliance system and the megaserver’s instances tecnology. That will preserve some form of pride and guarantee even battles and that you’ll be placed in the same instance as your guildies and friends.

that sounds like called Queue wars.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

yanniell.1236

There’s no queues with the megaserver’s system.

I´d like to take this opportunity to recommend people that don’t know how the megaserver works, to read about it and to think how it would work perfectly in an AvAvA system.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

ANET dropped the ball BIGTIME by letting free server transfers go on for so long after release. People naturally flocked to the ‘winning’ servers because they wanted to be where all the action was.

It is like they couldn’t decide if they wanted a realm-vs-realm game or a PvE game, and tried to have both.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t really work that way. If you want to have serious realm-vs-realm then that necessitates certain restrictions on PvE players and vice versa.

At this point, I honestly don’t know what to do for the game. The server-vs-server thing could have worked if transfers were cut off early after the release date and lower tier servers were allowed to fill up until we had a roughly equal playing field amongst all.

Instead, they opted for server-transfer-wars, all the while acting like the WvW game would have zero effect upon server world populations.

As the rest of us all know, the two go hand in hand, and thus we have the huge disparity that you see today.

I dunno how to fix it at his point honestly. Too much time spent supporting the wrong sort of behavior has done a helluva lot of damage.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

There have been a couple threads with ideas how to improve WvW server competition. I hope ANet is going to pick up some of those ideas. Another season without changes would be sad.

“A couple of threads?” There have been literally … and I mean literally … HUNDREDS of them. There was even a full-blown CDI last fall on this topic that by itself covered 23 pages and over 1,150 forum posts listing many good ideas. It was ignored and dismissed in its entirety by ANet … as will be this one.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Personally I would retain much of the current system. I would revamp the REWARD system totally.

Rather then rewarding the top 3 servers with ever increasing rewards , I would remove that concept entirely. Finishing first would mean nothing more then bragging rights and no more in the way of rewards.

What I would base rewards on instead is the meta-achievement completed (it may need tweaking) along with a system that tracks WXP points earned while in WvW.

Thus if you were on Eredon Terrace and complete the meta achievement and earned 30000 wxp while in game or if you were on Jade Quarry and earned the same 30000 wxp while completing the meta-achievement you would get the same reward.

Now there an advantage here earning WXP on a more populated server. I would redo the outnumbered buff so as to make WXP earned by servers with a much lower population even greater.

I would keep the system that saw a cap on the number of players in game.

This would give lower populated servers a specific advantage in that they could always get into the game to earn WXP. The higher populated servers would likely see queues. This would mean less time in the game as those on the lower populated servers earn WXP.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

This is system could work with some minor adjustments to allow guilds to play together.

It basically comes down to 2 things, either players voluntarily spread out across the “servers” or Anet forces them to do so. Either way, things are balanced in the end, everybody wins.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I am in this CAMP.

I am not there for myself. I want to know and understand who I am playing WITH.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Personally I would retain much of the current system. I would revamp the REWARD system totally.

Rather then rewarding the top 3 servers with ever increasing rewards , I would remove that concept entirely. Finishing first would mean nothing more then bragging rights and no more in the way of rewards.

What I would base rewards on instead is the meta-achievement completed (it may need tweaking) along with a system that tracks WXP points earned while in WvW.

Thus if you were on Eredon Terrace and complete the meta achievement and earned 30000 wxp while in game or if you were on Jade Quarry and earned the same 30000 wxp while completing the meta-achievement you would get the same reward.

Now there an advantage here earning WXP on a more populated server. I would redo the outnumbered buff so as to make WXP earned by servers with a much lower population even greater.

This would give lower populated servers a specific advantage in that they could always get into the game to earn WXP. The higher populated servers would likely see queues. This would mean less time in the game as those on the lower populated servers earn WXP.

I agree with improving rewards based on the completion of a weekly meta achievement. – I think certainly on my server I’ve noticed an improved drive this week with the fight coming down to getting better rewards.

However having the rewards gained based on WXP will only further drive the game toward karma training and push more people out of normal wvw and into eotm. those of us who play to win and put in hours of scouting, dolyak escorting and upgrading will again be left without any recompense for it.

An idea I like is having it based on results in the matchup and have a weekly meta acheiv that runs a bit like the LS ones do where you either complete X number of these achievements or do the wvw dailies in that week to qualify. Then you get a small number of tickets, wexp, karma and gold for completing the meta based on your servers performance that week. If the matchup system is fluid enough you’ll get a decent spread of rewards across time… unless you’re in the very bottom server. then you can use the tickets as another currency like laurels and trade the in for unid dyes, ascended gear, level ups etc. for a small number of tokens, or save up and eventually get a weapon skin

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Even simpler would be to remove the ppt tally for structures and just keep it for killing other players, how can it be any more fair then that? PvE elements in wvw and earning a shaiteload of ppt for it is just useless and bad design from the get go.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

babazhook.6805

>>Even simpler would be to remove the ppt tally for structures and just keep it for killing other players, how can it be any more fair then that? PvE elements in wvw and earning a shaiteload of ppt for it is just useless and bad design from the get go.

I could see maintaining the ppt system for structures and “score” but not using it to award rewards at seasons end.

Anything that would lessen the desire of people to server hop chasing higher rewards.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

>>Even simpler would be to remove the ppt tally for structures and just keep it for killing other players, how can it be any more fair then that? PvE elements in wvw and earning a shaiteload of ppt for it is just useless and bad design from the get go.

I could see maintaining the ppt system for structures and “score” but not using it to award rewards at seasons end.

Anything that would lessen the desire of people to server hop chasing higher rewards.

>>However having the rewards gained based on WXP will only further drive the game toward karma training and push more people out of normal wvw and into
EOTM

I would not consider EOTM as part of this system at all. EOTM points earned would have nothing to to with seasons and this system. They can create something new for that.

If it them draws the karma train type away , all the better. Peoples can then choose a system that suits their own goals and preferences rather then shoe horning all types into one system.

Eotm.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

-Guild vs Guild
-Alliance vs Alliance
-In guild halls
-You’re free to use your PvE gear/food/etc
-Spectators load into a safe area with an invisible barrier enclosing the various themed arenas
-Sack up and stop catering to “server” pride people because server vs server does not work here. Call it a day.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

-Guild vs Guild
-Alliance vs Alliance
-In guild halls
-You’re free to use your PvE gear/food/etc
-Spectators load into a safe area with an invisible barrier enclosing the various themed arenas
-Sack up and stop catering to “server” pride people because server vs server does not work here. Call it a day.

Frankly, much as I am loathe to admit it, I agree with you.

In my opinion, the WvW system is too much about ladders and ranks and tournaments and scores. I’m encouraged to see other, new games making more interesting game-modes, but the whole “score” idea in a “perpetual” zone is horrible.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Having been here from launch, I’d say it’s already to late. The golden days of WvW are long gone. I remember battles in Garrison that involved 4-6 guilds fighting against eachother in different locations within that keep for hours. I look back fondly when we took the Vizunah home Garrison and had a constant battle for 3 days straight, day and night, having guilds releasing each other.
Logged back two or three times over the last 7-8 months and it’s nothing like it used to be.
Guild groups used to be around 15-20 guys, now they have expanded to 25 or even 30. It’s an unmitigated disaster.

As Cactus said, good, fleshed out suggestions have been posted since day one. All I’ve seen is devs jumping ship, one after another, seemingly confused about how to actually make games.

Sif Urkraft

(edited by Mizu.9387)

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

No, just no.

Enough people have already said how bad this idea is. WvW has problems but this destroys so many of the good things about WvW that it’s not worth solving the problem anymore.

Go to EOTM if you want to run around in random zergs with nobody you’ve ever seen before to no purpose. But keep it out of WvW proper.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

yanniell.1236

People should read about the megaserver’s tecnology before say things like “i don’t wanna play with people i’ve never seen before”.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

You would completely kill WvW. Do you hate it or something?

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.5281

Raven.5281

My opinion may not be popular, but don’t reward WvW. Either everyone gets the same prize, or no one does. Next make server transfers free to lesser servers. And just maybe, the populations will trickle down and we’ll get balance.

I’ve also heard suggestions of just doing things like the more players in an area, the higher a debuff stacks to discourage blob play.

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I have read alot of bad ideas on this thread. Most of which have been beaten to death more often then not.

Almost of these suggestions will do is put the final bullet into the head of my beloved game mode.

No thank you.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

for what its worth here is my two cents on how to improve/fix wvw.

add the ppt from EoTM to the current wvw match.

example, in EoTM your server color is ticking at +70, in your current match your server is ticking at +200, add them together to get the total PPT, for your server in your current match. = +270.

example 2, in EoTM Green loses a Keep (worth 25 pts) then all Green Servers lose 25 points to their current PPT.

this will encourage people to defend their staff in EoTM, and essentially EoTM will become everyone’s fifth map.
with a system like this there wont ever be a server ticking at +0 thanks to their EoTM allies.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

People should read about the megaserver’s tecnology before say things like “i don’t wanna play with people i’ve never seen before”.

I was saying that because I’ve experienced the megaserver technology.

Reading about it makes it sound like you do get to play with people you know… but going in game and heading to most PvE maps (or EOTM) mean it’s an endless sea of new anonymous faces.

Megaservers have been terrible, I’d hate for them to ruin the last part of the game where they don’t apply.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Mega servers do not belong in WvW. We do not need overflow maps. Any system that introduces overflow maps to WvW will be the death of the game mode.

Overflow maps are what killed EoTM and made it into a Karma train to start with. Then people kept at it because it was easy and it was profitable. This same thing could happen to WvW if we move to any kind of system that uses Megaservers or Overflows for WvW maps.

The main reason is there is no sense in playing defensive if your hard work/siege becomes meaningless due to an overflow disappearing.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

make it less castles but mor epic design, make more camps while camp resources ment server supply and +ppt.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

I was saying that because I’ve experienced the megaserver technology.

Reading about it makes it sound like you do get to play with people you know… but going in game and heading to most PvE maps (or EOTM) mean it’s an endless sea of new anonymous faces.

Megaservers have been terrible, I’d hate for them to ruin the last part of the game where they don’t apply.

+1 im used to see players from my server, guilds that i recognize, its the randomfest on random overflows, it is not a improvement at all.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

This is a step in the right direction.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.