Season 1 Reward Chest?

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’ve tried a search and looking elsewhere but I haven’t been able to find any information on what will be contained in the season 1 reward chest for WvW.

Based on current rate it will take me 50-60 hours of play to get the key for this chest.

To me this corresponds to approximately 250 gold worth of my time or 3 ascended armor/weapon pieces. Is the reward going to be similar to the amount of time required or is it going to just be a huge slap in the face when I open it?

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

It will not be 250g or 3 ascended armor/weapons. I am betting that it will contain among others things at least 1 jug of liquid wxp.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

And a permanent finisher maybe. So if you’re asking: is it worth my time?
> Only if you like WvW.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well by your standards and by Anets own standards of reward throughout the game, especially in WvW, I suspect the answer is :-

A huge slap in the face when I open it.

The only time I have known Anet to be fantastically generous with rewards was the chest at the end of the 1st Karka event, which had a decent chance of precursor/exotics. But since then they have been increasingly tight with there rewards, hence all the player complaints you see.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Depends on how your server does. Winners of the various leagues will get a “better” reward. It’s a reason to get out there and fight for your server.

If they offer a major reward for server placement, they will get hoards of people out for season two. If it’s just a skin or finisher, I think season two will flop.

Time is relative. You aren’t being forced to participate in WvW. If you feel you can get better rewards outside of it, then do that.

Otherwise get out there and fight. The only thing the devs have said on reward from Sept. 1:

Community concern is that incentives will be high enough to draw players to transfer up the tiers, killing even more low tier servers, over filling silver tiers with players and so forth for gold. Can you comment on any plans to address community size issues?

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

2 blues, 20 merit’s, some ascended mat’s, a finisher, some blueprints.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m not expecting much but howls of frustration from the PvE achievement point hunters. Something like, “all that time for this…”.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Depends on how your server does. Winners of the various leagues will get a “better” reward. It’s a reason to get out there and fight for your server.

If they offer a major reward for server placement, they will get hoards of people out for season two. If it’s just a skin or finisher, I think season two will flop.

Time is relative. You aren’t being forced to participate in WvW. If you feel you can get better rewards outside of it, then do that.

Otherwise get out there and fight. The only thing the devs have said on reward from Sept. 1:

Community concern is that incentives will be high enough to draw players to transfer up the tiers, killing even more low tier servers, over filling silver tiers with players and so forth for gold. Can you comment on any plans to address community size issues?

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

Weird… i’ve never heard of any competition ever where you get better rewards for coming in 20th place then you do for 6th place… How does that make any sense at all???

For me it is actually less of an issue of time/reward as it is fun/reward. I enjoy many parts of the game, and some parts are more rewarding than others. I will almost certainly finish the achievement because I enjoy killing people in WvW. The title alone is enticing to me. But on the other hand I will inevitably feel disappointed if after all that work I get 2 blues and a green.

A permanent finisher would be a very nice reward. On an open market I would expect a rare permanent finisher to sell for at least 100g, so that is something I would consider worth while. Of course that also depends on the animation.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

2 green and 2 siege blueprints

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i feel so pitiful reading about my impending rewards… impending because I STILL CAN"T GET that demolision expert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

servers ranked 1 get a legendary, other servers 2 blues and a green

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Weird… i’ve never heard of any competition ever where you get better rewards for coming in 20th place then you do for 6th place… How does that make any sense at all???

For me it is actually less of an issue of time/reward as it is fun/reward. I enjoy many parts of the game, and some parts are more rewarding than others. I will almost certainly finish the achievement because I enjoy killing people in WvW. The title alone is enticing to me. But on the other hand I will inevitably feel disappointed if after all that work I get 2 blues and a green.

A permanent finisher would be a very nice reward. On an open market I would expect a rare permanent finisher to sell for at least 100g, so that is something I would consider worth while. Of course that also depends on the animation.

You’re looking at it wrong. It’s not 20th place get’s a better reward than 6th place. Since seasons splits the servers into brackets, each individual bracket would then need to be ranked. In that regard, it is just how Devon spells it out. 2nd place will get a better reward than 6th place, regardless of the bracket designation.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I’m wagering on season one winners getting an ascended back piece, second place gets exotic, third rare … Plus the finishers, etc…

Why back piece? It doesn’t exist in WvW yet, but has been asked for a ton of times. Most living story events had some kind of back piece skin. Making it ascended makes it truly a unique reward for the servers that go after it.

People will flip out over only some players getting it, but you can bet it will cause a stampede for season two. And not just on the T1 servers.

They do have a plan in the works so everyone can get one eventually: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Ascended-backpieces-via-WvW …. So the season one winners essentially just get them a bit earlier —- a reward for winnIng that top spot.

My server has no chance of getting first, but I will certainly congratulate the first place winners.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It will be a somewhat crap reward. Virtually all loot in GW2 is crap. They really should have taken a page out of Diablo or Borderlands for a quality loot system.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

yeah it’s not worth it, ignore the rewards, most of the new items and achievements – there comes a point that the best reward is ignoring someone that makes you feel like everything is stressful, unachievable and not worth it.

I’ll offer the achievement now.

“jingles respect achievement* – balancing the game is the 1st of 9,945 ranks, you’ll get a pat on the back for giving me what i paid for.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I hope that the season 1 reward first give out reward for being in the harder leagues, then give out rewards based on how well your server did in that league. I know that a bottom rank gold league server would win the silver league but lose every match in the gold league. Knowing how A-net has rewarded wvw so far, the end of league rewards will be underwhelming. Still hoping we get some unique rewards at the end of the season or unique good finishers for the higher wvw ranks.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It will be a somewhat crap reward. Virtually all loot in GW2 is crap. They really should have taken a page out of Diablo or Borderlands for a quality loot system.

they did, and look where we are now. rng dependent and repetitive. the only difference is in how many people youre doing it with.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

they did, and look where we are now. rng dependent and repetitive. the only difference is in how many people youre doing it with.

No they didn’t… when was the last time you used a weapon that dropped outside of leveling a character? With the exception of the ascended drop (which I have never seen in over 2k hours or play), all loot gets destroyed/sold.

Loot is almost pointless in this game. They could save me a ton of time by just having stuff drop gold, magic find and on a very rare occasion something unique like a named exotic.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I like how he basically destroys the entire concept of leagues in one sentence. Being on SoS, it’s absolutely impossible for us to do any better than fifth place in the gold league. Meanwhile, people who finish first in the silver league, fighting far weaker servers, get better rewards. Thanks, Anet.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They let us all know how it would work nearly two months in advance. It gave people plenty of time to make the right choice for them.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

They let us all know how it would work nearly two months in advance. It gave people plenty of time to make the right choice for them.

So I should just abandon my server, my guild, and all the people I know in the game so I can get better rewards in WvW? If I was rich, I would’ve transferred to JQ when the rate was 800 gems, waited till the league started, then transferred back to my original server.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

2 blues, 20 merit’s, some ascended mat’s, a finisher, some blueprints.

Would be my guess as well. Greens for finishing top of the tier

Ele / Guardian

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

So I should just abandon my server, my guild, and all the people I know in the game so I can get better rewards in WvW?

Nope. But that’s your personal choice based on what motivates you alone. If the shiny carrot was more important, then yup, move. If the community is more what you value, then do your best to fight/recruit. The key here is choice. Everyone was given the same information months ahead of the leagues. My server will never win it, but for me the shiny carrot has never been that important.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

I just think it’s a bad idea to reward the person who wins the bronze league more than the suckers who come in 6th because they have no chance of winning the gold league.

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

if you ignore achievements, the wvw score and all the extra shiny things they dangle in our faces, the game will fix itself and balance itself. The only reason wvw is such a mess is because of the score – the only reason pve has overwhelmed wvw is because of achievements.

The minute I don’t care about what new shiny they are offering, I start having fun again simply playing the game with fun people – like a deck of cards.

I started today by directing their new announcements to my spam – if I don’t pay attention to all the distractions they add to the game, I actually look forward to playing again.

Take whatever shiny you can get and run. – avoid any people that make a big deal of these vanity items – it clearly ruins the game.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

The rewards for winning the season should be something like a kite that they can play with. Everyone who finishes the achievements with that key should perhaps get a yellow quaggan or something for back piece that they can transmute. Blueprints for winning season won’t be too bad. Anything else seems to be quite unfair.

-S o S-

Season 1 Reward Chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Ter.8251

Ter.8251

Looking at “hero” achievement panel. More jumping puzzles? Not sure if Anet gets it, not all of us go in WvW to do jumping puzzles. After a year of playing the game, I have finished maybe 2. One in EB takes you out of EB with previous patch. Then puts you back in que (often 2+ hours on TC).