Posted by: Ihales.3820

Ihales.3820

5 silvers,
5 badges of honor,
jug of karma,
flame ram blueprint,
2 blue items
+ finisher for first places

(I hope for punching bag in form of D.C.)

(edited by Ihales.3820)

Season 1 Rewards... Expectations?

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

With my luck dealing with the RNG Gods the mini Dolyak I get will probably be dead… like Schrodinger’s cat.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Just don’t open the box!

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Arenanet cant give any good special reward for first place – it would break wvw

1) wvw system is flawed and they would punish big % from there playerbase for not clicked correct server when made the account
2) biggest part of the playerbase dont have any chance to get this reward cause population issues and broken system

and
3) next season everyone would transfer to ONE server so everyone wins

they just cant give out any good reward for first – is not possible^^

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

since it’s a reward that will go to multiple servers i think we’ll have:
100 to 500 badges
3 blueprints
2 greens
1gold

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

A finisher based on first/second/third place ranks, confirmed to be taken away at the start of the next league, probably before the next league starts because of all the QQ.

A dolyak minipet that’s probably going to be given out to all servers no matter the rank.

Blueprints worth 1-3 silver each for a good total of 9 silver.

250-1000 badges of honor since we don’t get enough from the achievement chests. /sarcasm

3 barbs, a banana, and a masterwork underwater weapon that you can’t use and salvages for a fine essence of luck.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Disappointment?

But probably,
The dolyak mini and probably 3-5 items (most likely blues and greens), and possibly some kind of Ascended material (either dragonite, empyreal, or bloodstone).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I like that way the thread divides neatly into two camps – the utterly jaundiced and the ever-hopeful!

lmao.

in WvW

Posted by: Asguard.4621

Asguard.4621

The winners will get rewards that are equal too the amount of loot you get from a 5 min zerg train in quensdale grats

in WvW

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I hope to get empyreal fragments and some random mini that wont be account bound. But I think it will be bullkitten like always, 4 greens, 1 blue and 89 copper

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

A letter from ANET that says:

You realize we just tricked you into thinking you did something, when in reality it is the same thing you have been doing for the last ________ months, we just called it “Leagues” and you bit: Hook, Line And Sinker while we got the heat off of us about not developing WvW enough.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

One complete certainty…

A huge amount of QQ threads about the rewards no matter what happens…

in WvW

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

The “I survived season 1” title

1st place will get the “We are the champions, because we have the most people” title
a gold dolyak finisher, a gold dolyak mini, 6 greens, 4 blues, 30 silver, 5 champion bags and a transfer server voucher.

2nd place will get “Looking for more, because our coverage isnt there yet” title.
a silver dolyak finisher, a silver dolyak mini, 4 greens, 2 blues, 15 silver, 3 champion bags and a transfer server voucher

3rd place will get “You need help, because your community relationship skills lack”
a bronze dolyak finisher, a bronze dolyak mini, 3 greens, 2 blues and a yellow, 1 champion bag, 300 gold, 2000 gems and a stack of luck equivalent to 100 luck levels, also an open Iinvitation to Edge of the Mist beta test.

Seriously doubt it will be fancy as in a way, we all just beta tested WVW 1.3 for them. The good stuff will come in WVW 2.0

in WvW

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hopefully they give up heaps and heaps of ascended crafting mats. We will all need them for ascended armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I’ll be dissapointed if its not a armor or weapon skin… and probably still be dissapointed if its an ugly armor or weapon skin. So yeah… I expect dissapointment.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

One complete certainty…

Yup.

Because virtual rewards in a video game are enough to make people lose their actual minds.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

a mini
1000 bloodstone dust
5 blues
3 greens
1 yellow that gives no ectos

lmao too true!

My guess is:
1-5 gold
dolyak finisher (gold, silver, bronze)
2-3 items of fine (blue) quality or better
X number badges of honor
X amount of WXP
1-3 pieces of siege

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

a solid /pantontheback…and 2 blues a green and a mini dolyak

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The “I survived season 1” title

1st place will get the “We are the champions, because we have the most people” title
a gold dolyak finisher, a gold dolyak mini, 6 greens, 4 blues, 30 silver, 5 champion bags and a transfer server voucher.

2nd place will get “Looking for more, because our coverage isnt there yet” title.
a silver dolyak finisher, a silver dolyak mini, 4 greens, 2 blues, 15 silver, 3 champion bags and a transfer server voucher

3rd place will get “You need help, because your community relationship skills lack”
a bronze dolyak finisher, a bronze dolyak mini, 3 greens, 2 blues and a yellow, 1 champion bag, 300 gold, 2000 gems and a stack of luck equivalent to 100 luck levels, also an open Iinvitation to Edge of the Mist beta test.

Seriously doubt it will be fancy as in a way, we all just beta tested WVW 1.3 for them. The good stuff will come in WVW 2.0

Why should 1st place get more stuff? Surely 1st place people don’t need as much stuff as the lower placings.

You are exacerbating inequality! Way to make the problem worse.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

1 mini
3 blues
2 greens

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

One complete certainty…

This – Justifiable complaints by a lot of very unhappy players who completed the same achievements as everyone else but were awarded less for their effort because the world they happen to be on has less wvw players and they finished in a low position in their respective in the league.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

a solid /pantontheback…and 2 blues a green and a mini dolyak

I’m afraid to ask exactly what a pant on the back is …. Lol :p

in WvW

Jayne.9251

One complete certainty…

This – Justifiable complaints by a lot of very unhappy players who completed the same achievements as everyone else but were awarded less for their effort because the world they happen to be on has less wvw players and they finished in a low position in their respective in the league.

Well except for the fact that people were told this would happen nearly two months before the leagues started, with a sale on transfer fees the week leading up to the league start … So that if the shiny carrot was more important to you than the community you HAD AN INFORMED CHOICE. And not just tier one gold league either. If you chose to stay, that was your choice too. And medium pop servers were even free to transfer, depending on which server you cared to gamble on winning.

This is a competition. Everyone should not get the same reward.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well except for the fact that people were told this would happen nearly two months before the leagues started, with a sale on transfer fees the week leading up to the league start … So that if the shiny carrot was more important to you than the community you HAD AN INFORMED CHOICE.

We were told there would be a reward not what it would be therefore we haven’t really been informed. Everyone assumes it will be cosmetic because the QQ if otherwise would be monstrous. If we were told it would be a precursor or at least a much greater chance at one then thats different.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Well except for the fact that people were told this would happen nearly two months before the leagues started, with a sale on transfer fees the week leading up to the league start … So that if the shiny carrot was more important to you than the community you HAD AN INFORMED CHOICE.

We were told there would be a reward not what it would be therefore we haven’t really been informed. Everyone assumes it will be cosmetic because the QQ if otherwise would be monstrous. If we were told it would be a precursor or at least a much greater chance at one then thats different.

From Sept. 1, 2013:

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

That doesn’t say what the rewards will be.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It does say there will be a “markedly” difference from one placement to the other.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Markedly?s=t

Nobody can QQ about it. Everyone had equal opportunity to transfer if the reward was the more important thing to you personally. Some places were free to transfer. And each of the league winners – gold, silver and bronze – could vie for that top spot and prize, not just gold league.

It needs to remain a mystery until the leagues are won to create momentum for season two. But we have all had enough hints/information for a while now.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

we will get ugly weapon skins and junk minis. We might get an interesting spin-off recipe.

Maybe a set of flappy wings or other big stupid back item.

The main take away for my server will be what we learn about organizing as a team.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

whatever the reward is, bronze league reward should be waaaaayyyyy better than the gold league reward.. after all , those playing in gold league don’t actually play for reward right? right ? right ? you guys play for fight, right right right ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yeah I don’t personally care what we get, we have no chance of getting 1st, but I do understand for some players a big shiny reward is motivation to get out there and fight for their server. There does have to be some reward to fight hard. Giving everyone the same thing would be demotivating (the “why bother” or “just do as little as needed” clause). But then I’m one who chose community over reward. Not everyone is like that though and that’s perfectly fine, too. At least there were options way ahead of time to suit both types.

I’ll still congratulate the winners regardless of what “prize” I get.

in WvW

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I don’t know if everybody feels the same, but I felt like the requirements to get that key were pretty steep. 225 sentries? 225 caravans destroyed? That takes alot of time. Hopefully the rewards go something like:

Unique finisher for the winner
Unique skin for everyone who completed achievement
varying level of gold/tokens/karma/laurels depending on end result

I guess I’d be happy with that, seeing as we don’t have personal housing to put a trophy in. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Devon told me in a PM that the winning server will get

• A huge chunk of the server side bandwidth from the cloud and a guarantee that your server will be lag free
Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

morrolan.9608

It does say there will be a “markedly” difference from one placement to the other.

A golden dolyak finisher is markedly different from none. If they are going to offer substantive rewards like say a greater chance for a precursor like they did for Southsun then we should have been informed so we could genuinely make an informed decision.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Ask yourself how would they scale the rewards from 1st to 9th place, etc., if there’s only one golden dolyak finisher, seems fairly clear … In the meantime, get out there and fight for your server. Next season, if the reward is all you care about, gamble on the server you think will win — bronze, silver or gold — and transfer. I’m sure they’ll have another transfer sale leading up to the second season.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: agam.8075

agam.8075

First place: all the money, booze, and women.
All other places: reduction on repair costs.

Oh, and everyone gets a useless yak mini.

Manliest guardian on™
TC Mag FA YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Rat Token
Double Click to use. Adds a permanent Rat critter to your home instance.

in WvW

Posted by: MZhou.9104

MZhou.9104

First place prize should be soulbound or account bound cosmetic skins. As you get lower in the ranks, the quality of the skins should decrease. At the same time, stat based awards should get higher (i.e. more mats for ascended gear at the bottom ranks).

This solves many problems. First, the really passionate players in servers like Blackgate (who have already finished their gear progression) are rewarded for their outstanding effort with exclusive skins. Those from lower ranked servers are able to increase their strength through gearing up with the ascended gear for next season.

This also discourages people from bandwagoning servers such as Blackgate in the future, since these players are probably relatively unskilled or undergeared and would prefer the gear to the skins. These players will instead return to their home servers before the next season starts, resulting in a much more balanced season 2 (in terms of numbers).

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

There does have to be some reward to fight hard.

Calling bullkitten on this one. The reward for coming 1st should be the glory of coming 1st, that’s all.

It’s only about nightcapping and blobbing anyway, not much in terms of “deserving” a reward until Anet make changes to population per the thread they made specifically with that in mind, and in response to community calls for said and same..

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

A town clothes shirt that says “I got X place in the WvW league and all I got was this lousy t-shirt”.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Calling bullkitten on this one. The reward for coming 1st should be the glory of coming 1st, that’s all.

It’s only about nightcapping and blobbing anyway, not much in terms of “deserving” a reward until Anet make changes to population per the thread they made specifically with that in mind, and in response to community calls for said and same..

Oh I’m with you on that, I don’t really care if there’s a massive reward or not, but I do understand the sociological landscape of MMOs. And a lot of players are motivated to “work hard” if they feel they will win a big shiny prize. As we’ve seen, particularly in NA T1, they’re even willing to transfer to make that possibility happen. If they don’t satisfy that MMO carrot tenet, season two will have mediocre turnout at best. So while you may call bull-kittten (meow?), if you’re being honest and have played MMOs for any period of time, you’ll realize what I’m staying is true.

But yes, for a lot of other players, simply winning is enough. Wish that was the case to get everyone out there fighting at 100% all the time though.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Tru dat, but online gamers, particularly casuals of whom 90pct of WvW participants are love the carrots at the end of the rainbow.

That said, it’s pretty obvious Anet didn’t take their own leagues very seriously, if they did, they would have locked all transfers once leagues started. Also add in the fact no level restriction cap was added to be allowed into WvW. At present state it’s way too easy for those with 2nd trash accounts to simply join in the opponents server as a fresh level 1 to spy or troll as they can continue to delete and create level 1 characters each week for new opponent servers (no need to pay transfer costs this way).

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I’m surprise that no one mention precursors!

Fixed that for you…

RNG chest where you have 0.001% chance for precursor (if you have played less than one week) 0.01% chance for ascended 0.1% chance for exotic rest is green.

And world xp bottle.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Devon told me in a PM that the winning server will get

• A huge chunk of the server side bandwidth from the cloud and a guarantee that your server will be lag free

Noooo. That will actually make those servers have fun blobbing. Can’t tolerate. :O!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Nothing useful and likely nothing interesting. Most GW2 rewards and drops are beyond useless.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

A weapon or armor skin of some sort would be nice. Just something to show, but not something that makes any difference in gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

A note that says thank you for playing; and explaining that WvW is now turning into an amazing new format where the servers are now fighting as a team to defeat Scarlet’s invasion of the Mists…

It’s worth putting money on it.