Season Rewards?

Season Rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Q:

Heya folks!

After recently returning to GW2, I noticed that it doesn’t appear there are season rewards anymore like how it used to be. Back then, we got so many points to use to buy hero weapon skins based upon how our sever ended up in the ranking. Is this not the case anymore? If not, is there any real incentive for your server to win each week?

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Season Rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

A:

Currently no, you don’t get any rewards when your server wins.

I’ve heard somewhere that they are going to introduce rewards for when your server wins a skirmish (assuming you participated during the skirmish).

The Art of Roaming [gank]

Season Rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

The incentive is 3 bonus rank up chests a week. nothing more. Promoting more rewards for winning will just cause more stacking, and complaining that servers are full and people cant get in.

Anet probably looked at the population metrics During season 3 and after season 3 where the game mode probably lost half its players and put the tournies on the back burner. Now your incentive is gaining enough wxp to keep your reward track going. Whether you cap objectives, repair walls, or kill people, you will keep ticking away.

As for a server having incentive to win? There are quite a few servers who value that winning score, Blackgate, maguuma, NSP, Yaks bend for instance put great effort into PPTing and holding objectives. Mag is in denial of it, but their worship of the KDR and their recent love of completely destroying EBG and focusing the weakest server is evidence of it. Scoring metrics attract all sorts of players and give them enough drive

Season Rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Currently no, you don’t get any rewards when your server wins.

I’ve heard somewhere that they are going to introduce rewards for when your server wins a skirmish (assuming you participated during the skirmish).

That’s pretty disappointing as I can’t remember how long we asked for better WvW rewards. I still like playing with by group but it would be nice to have some sort of progression to work towards.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”