Seasons? Tournaments?

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

We got tournaments in 2013 and 2014.
Nothing in 2015
Nothing in 2016
Those are 2 years anet didnt give a kitten about WvW. Yes pvp might be a big thing for you, but we have nothing happening here.
Is there any new tournament planned? I’m wondering since it was announced to have seasonal events in WvW like 2014, spring and fall tournament. But Anet, seasons happen every year, also 2015 and 2016 and believe me or not, 2017 aswell. Now, are we getting ANYTHING? Because I dont want to believe the desperate “WvW is the unwanted child”. There are still masses of people enjoying it, but feeling kinda left alone.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

They said once, there won’t be any WvW tournaments anymore, because many people kinda “burn out” during those and stop playing after.

And WvW isn’t really a competitive game mode, because competition requires equal conditions for all participants, which is not given in WvW.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Well at least one thing has changed in the last year of this repeated request, maguuma is sure to win the tournament instead of blackgate.

Also, a tournament using just the first 24 hours from reset every week would be decent, since most players show up for their prime in every time zone after reset. Running it for the entire week would just allow better coverage servers to take over by the end of the week.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

WvW Content? hello Team? Team? TEAAM?!

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I blame the lack of a search function on the fact that you guys open a new one of these threads every 3 weeks or so. A season isn’t content, stop pretending it is.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Aury.1367

Will ask until someone of anet says that WvW has been abadoned.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Whens-the-next-WvW-tournament/first

Needs to be stickied so people can stop asking every couple weeks.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Aury.1367

However, we can still run a poll to see if the majority of the community wants another 4 week tournament

Did you saw a poll? I didnt. So I keep asking.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Sure go ahead, he’s not even on the team anymore, which should tell you something.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

Yes, we need a season desperately don’t listen to fourm warriors. People like xenesis and other players don’t realize that seasons brought so many players to the game mode. Sure you see a dip in numbers at the end of seasons because there is nothing to play for. We should have another poll for a season.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: Absurd.2947

Absurd.2947

Hiya Aury. I don’t know if the seasons are what WvW needs right now, but it definitely needs SOMETHING. But seeing how they do nothing, balance the game around raids, which seem to be their main focus, and how they think no one plays WvW, I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually shut it down, it’s LA v2.0, a glorified chat room nowadays.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Yes, we need a season desperately don’t listen to fourm warriors. People like xenesis and other players don’t realize that seasons brought so many players to the game mode. Sure you see a dip in numbers at the end of seasons because there is nothing to play for. We should have another poll for a season.

That’s kinda funny you say I don’t realize that seasons brought so many to the game mode and yet I’m still on the side of having them, albeit more limited fashion so that it can be run more fairly for everyone.

Players from my guild came to wvw because of season one and stayed in there as their main mode of game play. So yes I do very much know it brings players into the game, the ones who mentioned burnouts are the devs and some other players. Burnouts I believe that really affects certain servers that has a chance to win, that push themselves to win, like BG JQ.

What annoys me is people coming in here every other week to ask about tournaments and ending up with the same discussion over and over again.

Sticky the red thread. But I bet it’ll come up again anyways cause people don’t bother to do any research.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Read…

Our primary motivation for avoiding running another tournament, is that at the end of every tournament we saw a permanent dip in the number of players playing WvW. Presumably this was due to players burning themselves out during the tournament.

However, we can still run a poll to see if the majority of the community wants another 4 week tournament, even if it might be bad for the long term WvW population numbers. Though even if ‘running another tournament’ won the poll, we’d probably hold off until we get the scoring updates in.

Yes, Jason, we “desperately” need a season when the devs are still working on scoring, skirmish rewards, reward tracks, the crappy lag, class balance, population balance…. and a bunch of other “stuff”…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Seasons? Tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

I love wvw so much… how come there is no LFG for it? All ya see are giant guilds or stealth roamers – makes me so frustrated.