Send WvW Corpses To Waypoint after X Minutes

in WvW

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Currently in WvW there is no time limit on how long you can let your corpse sit on the ground.

This leads to people ‘corpse scouting’ and reporting back player positions, movements, etc without any counter play.

This also leads to people exploiting the game to get rezzed inside enemy towers/forts, thus allowing them to portal their team in and bypass the defenses.

I think it would make great sense if a “corpse timer” were introduced. If you haven’t been rezzed in, say, 10 minutes, you are automatically rezzed at the closest available waypoint (or the base camp waypoint).

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

As I’ve understood it, there is a time limit but people get around it by switching gear(I think this was it.)

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Thedenofsin.7340

As I’ve understood it, there is a time limit but people get around it by switching gear(I think this was it.)

If there is a limit, then any workaround it should be treated as an exploit and dealt with accordingly.

I’d love to hear a dev’s opinion on this.

in WvW

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I think you should be ported back after 1 minute. Max 2 minutes. This would have many good effects on WvW.
It would reduce “lame” spying. There is nothing the enemy can do to stop you from spying. Even killing you is useless. This is probably the most important advantage.
No more wasting time by guarding a mesmers body because there could be a thief somewhere around hiding.
The 3rd advantage is that in long zerg fights if you down someone they really have to run and won’t all be rezzed after the fight.
I don’t see any reason why this should not be implemented for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

No, people should be able to go the merchant and repair. I am for something similar.

If the dead player is playing on:
- the winning server, he should be affected by 25 stacks of 2 random unremovable conditions for 2 min.
- the 2nd server, he should be affected by 25 stacks of 2 random unremovable conditions for 1 min.
- the losing server, he should not be affected by anything.

Possible conditions are: chilled, confusion, crippled, vulnerability, weakness

(edited by yesfourme.8906)

in WvW

Posted by: Limm.8401

Limm.8401

I am against this idea, because I think people should be able to go the merchant and repair. I am for something similar.

If the dead player is playing on:
- the winning server, he should be affected by 25 stacks of 2 random unremovable conditions for 2 min.
- the 2nd server, he should be affected by 25 stacks of 1 random unremovable conditions for 1 min.
- the losing server, he should not be affected by anything.

Possible conditions are: chilled, confusion, crippled, vulnerability, weakness

Points don’t mean anything in fights. It is not fair to give the server that happens to hold more tally points a combat disadvantage – especially after wiping when they will have lost their stacks. As someone who doesn’t care about the points but only about the kills I’d stop wasting rams if it meant a punishment to my combat abilities.

As for the OP idea.
I’d like to see the PUG-zerg forced to regroup if we manage to kill a good chunk of them rather then them just rezzing up and carrying on pressing 1.

+1

Kitty Rages; 55k

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

How about flipping the screen black… seems like a simple fix and probably an easy change.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

How about flipping the screen black… seems like a simple fix and probably an easy change.

Also included a “you are dead” message written in blood, followed by the deletion of your character.
Oh… Wrong game…

I think the automatic waypoint after a certain time is q great idea. Three minutes is very generous.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Thedenofsin.7340

A black screen would not prevent rez exploiting through gates and walls.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

A while back someone proposed allowing the winning group to burn the corpses to force a respawn. I like that idea the most because it would be the most interesting way and fun for the victors.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

It is not fair to give the server that happens to hold more tally points a combat disadvantage

It is very fair to give a chance to balance the game a bit more in favor of the losing server.

in WvW

Posted by: Skyeyes.4935

Skyeyes.4935

I agree with OP, a corpse-timer would be ideal.

In fact the corpe-burning suggested in an earlier post would be rather fun, since the enemy could now hasten your respawning so you don’t get even that few moments of extra spying that tells your server which way the mob that killed you went. But, that info would be subject to the conscientiousness of the killers. Do you linger to burn or run on at risk of being watched?

(edited by Skyeyes.4935)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Aww, but the funnest part of being a Mesmer is leaving your corpse inside an enemy structure for a long period of time as the enemy huddles around you nervously anticipating a res from a perma-stealth Thief. I’ve had 10 people camping my corpse before: that’s 10 less people that my guild had to worry about that evening ;-)

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Aww, but the funnest part of being a Mesmer is leaving your corpse inside an enemy structure for a long period of time as the enemy huddles around you nervously anticipating a res from a perma-stealth Thief. I’ve had 10 people camping my corpse before: that’s 10 less people that my guild had to worry about that evening ;-)

You are a very very bad person… shame on you :P

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

People on my server never rez, so I always release and run back. I do, however, 100% agree with you. This, sadly, would cause about 9 months of programming work for the GW2 developers to implement into the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Considering that ArenaNet haven’t done anything about corpse scouting in nearly a year, I get the feeling that promoting and encouraging rez exploiting to happen at every possible opportunity may be the only way to get them to do anything.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Already been suggested a year ago, no change so don’t get your hopes up.

The correct way to handle this is a simple forced respawn timer, 60 seconds after death. Now, with the masteries, you could add a new mastery that extends that period by 60 sec per tick up to 5 minutes but it should cost quite a bit in points.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

It is not fair to give the server that happens to hold more tally points a combat disadvantage

It is very fair to give a chance to balance the game a bit more in favor of the losing server.

Why is that fair exactly?

If you’d allow me to bring this analogy, you are basically saying that weaker boxer should get smaller gloves after a couple of rounds, so he hits harder. It is only fair to balance the fight in favor of the losing guy, right?

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This to me is an exploit and a separate bug. Players shouldn’t be able to rez or bring players up from a downed state through a wall under any circumstance. Targeting any player without a clear line of sight should not be allowed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Azylynne.9487

Azylynne.9487

This has been suggested before, and/or a possible Second Spike (longer Spike on a corpse that forces the corpse of respawn). In either case, I support this mechanic. The maps are small enough where a run back or a regroup isn’t all that horrible. Even a 5 minute cap on death (resets if someone starts a revive) forcing a respawn wouldn’t be too bad.

Nordvegr
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe add respawn timer which would get longer and longer after every death. This would force lemmings server players think little bit.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

There is a time limit of about 30 minutes (Approx). I was in a taken keep with a dead mes, and after about that amount of time, he informed me of a timer that started going for forced waypoint.

That being said, some changes to respawn conditions should be made to improve this particular aspect of WvW.

in WvW

Thedenofsin.7340

If there is a 30 minute timer, it’s insanely too long. 10 minutes MAX, maybe 5.

As far as burning the corpse to force a respawn – that would be pretty fun actually. :-)

Edit: Folks, please +1 the OP if you support it – perhaps we’ll finally see some traction here.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

\

It sounds like someone had a keep taken from them by a mesmer who died by the watergate at bay… (which isn’t an exploit since there is perfect LOS on both sides of the grate (test it, you can attack people through the gate with range attacks!), it’s just cheap)

Btw, the timer is the SAME timer as the afk limit. There is a “workaround”, which includes using tonics, among others. These aren’t exploits, seeing as you’re not “exploiting” anything, you’re just not being afk. When it kicks you out when you’re dead isn’t a “death” timer, but an afk timer.

That being said, it sounds like what really got you, by your own statement, was someone dead (probably mesmer) near a gate or something and was rezzed through it when dead…not the person themselves being dead. BTW, did you ask people to +1 your post o.O

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Thedenofsin.7340

\

It sounds like someone had a keep taken from them by a mesmer who died by the watergate at bay… (which isn’t an exploit since there is perfect LOS on both sides of the grate (test it, you can attack people through the gate with range attacks!), it’s just cheap)

Btw, the timer is the SAME timer as the afk limit. There is a “workaround”, which includes using tonics, among others. These aren’t exploits, seeing as you’re not “exploiting” anything, you’re just not being afk. When it kicks you out when you’re dead isn’t a “death” timer, but an afk timer.

That being said, it sounds like what really got you, by your own statement, was someone dead (probably mesmer) near a gate or something and was rezzed through it when dead…not the person themselves being dead. BTW, did you ask people to +1 your post o.O

Sounds like you like to use in-game exploits for your advantage.

But, back to your post: wrong on all accounts, except for trying to get people to recommend this change. Thanks for trying!

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

\

Sounds like you like to use in-game exploits for your advantage.

But, back to your post: wrong on all accounts, except for trying to get people to recommend this change. Thanks for trying!

I don’t use exploits but thanks for the blind accusations when I was trying to explain. The timer IS the afk timer. It isn’t an exploit, because the timer has nothing to do with the death, but with you staying in the same place not moving.

Should there be a “death” timer? Sure, why not, it’d help out and there isn’t really downside. All I’m doing is explaining that what are being called exploits aren’t exploits (except the rezzing through walls/doors when there is no LOS), and that’s why nothing has been done about it since the game came out (and it was known then).

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

You are a very very bad person… shame on you :P

I know. I feel like I should stop doing it……but it’s so much fun!

Gandara