Seperate reset times for NA and EU

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hey, in all seriousness here……………………………….Why not a Saturday mid day PST reset time?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Does it NEED to be Friday?

Because they don’t want to force the team to work 6 days a week?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Hey, in all seriousness here……………………………….Why not a Saturday mid day PST reset time?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

And they know more people play on the weekend?

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Because bro, that would just make it possible for MOAR people to be online at reset…You seem to have the same attitude toward ANET as I (ex-GW1 player yourself I bet)…You know they do not want MOAR people on at reset….This would highlight their skill lag and queue issues even more.

The EU people do not care because they have gotten some modicum of a “fix/answer”, and the NA people are too busy losing their cookies (justifiably so), to realize that ANET never made this decision to be helpful/hurtful to their players, they did it to hide a bigger, growing issue that is most widely seen during reset with high player loads…..

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

I could be wrong but if you look at it from Anet’s perspective,NA servers will have 3-4 hour queue(idk) as stated by the majority of the NA players,for all Anet is concerned everyone will get to play.Clearly a lot of people always get the bench on reset anyway in high tiers but is hard to believe that Anet really cares for the players that used to play the reset and now will be unable ,as long as their spots will always be filled anyway.Players = players for them and even before this change a very good share were left off anyway waiting in queue.Now is probably their turn and many might be even grateful.

Still trying to see this from Anet’s perspective,even if the reset happens at 3 pm there is still a lot of time to still play that reset for a long time since hardly doubt that you will be unable to play all the way until late night-early morning in comparison to EU players that only had those 2-3 hours before hitting the floor or going back to work again.
Now EU gets 4-5(very unlikely) hours to play at reset while NA still gets more than 10 in wich with a little effort a lot of people can organize to get a spot in the action.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: Voradors.5381

Voradors.5381

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Is this seriously the concern? I am a bit out of touch, and i really am asking if that was an answer the devs gave.

Cuz i mean…..why cant this be automated like the actual daily resets are? Is there manual calculations that go into place to decide who moves up and down a tier? Cuz again, that seems like it could be automated.

Voradors – Elementalist
Kesshin [Shin] guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Changing the reset time to be earlier in NA is just stupid. This will have a huge affect on a lot of NA guilds that run reset every week.

I will bet the majority of most NA servers will not be able to make reset now. I will just call it a wash as the queue is so long if you don’t get in right away there is no point queueing up. Thanks for ruining reset.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

This is a complete bullkitten argument as the amount of time it will take West Coasters to get in with queues is the same amount of time it would have taken your EU Guild to wake up at 9am and play all day Saturday.

I’m sure you are thrilled that you are going to see increased turnout for your extra hour or two of playtime. Somewhere between 75-90% of all NA Guilds just had their major weekly Guild Event destroyed by this.

It seems pretty clear most of EU has no clue about the kinds of queues NA sees on Reset all the way down to T6-7.

This isn’t as simple as “oh just delay your Guild Event for a few hours” – this change has pretty much made WvW Guild Events impossible on Reset.

A 10am Friday Reset would’ve been better than the current choice because hopefully SEA/Oceanic/EU players on NA Servers would be done/burned out by the time most NA people get home.

As it is, most of NA simply won’t get to play on Reset because of queues and frustration. It will lead to people quitting the game with no guarantee they return when Split-Reset times are finally put in. And that is really bad for ANet.

Agree with this 100%, atm if you miss your queue on reset night in NA, the night is done because the queues alone are 4+ hours for certain BL’s. I am all for a fix for EU, to be honest I was unaware your reset’s were at 1-2 am. which actually makes it even more sad that it has taken this long for anet to fix this issue. I am also confused as to why anet would band-aid fix the problem by creating another problem for a new region. I think instead of arguing that EU has been dealing with this for 8 months and its time for NA to deal with it, it should be more of make EU reset at 8pm EU time leave NA alone. Anet has made games before, why so last minute with this fix. Take a week or 2 and implement a system that allows EU and NA to play on reset night at reasonable hours for both parties.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Is this seriously the concern? I am a bit out of touch, and i really am asking if that was an answer the devs gave.

Cuz i mean…..why cant this be automated like the actual daily resets are? Is there manual calculations that go into place to decide who moves up and down a tier? Cuz again, that seems like it could be automated.

Because they need to be able to get stuff up and running asap if something goes wrong? (Which happens more often than people would think)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I could be wrong but if you look at it from Anet’s perspective,NA servers will have 3-4 hour queue(idk) as stated by the majority of the NA players,for all Anet is concerned everyone will get to play.Clearly a lot of people always get the bench on reset anyway in high tiers but is hard to believe that Anet really cares for the players that used to play the reset and now will be unable ,as long as their spots will always be filled anyway.Players are players and even before this change a very good share of players were left off anyway.Now is probably their turn and many might be even grateful.

Still trying to see this from Anet’s perspective,even if the reset happens at 3 pm there is still a lot of time to still play that reset for a long time since hardly doubt that you will be unable to play all the way until late night-early morning in comparison to EU players that only had those 2-3 hours before hitting the floor or going back to work again.
Now EU gets 4-5(very unlikely) hours to play at reset while NA still gets more than 10 in wich with a little effort a lot of people can organize to get a spot in the action.

I do not know you, do not want to offend you, or for you to think I am attacking you…But you are wrong, if they truly wanted to open up the range of allowable playtime they would have moved it to the following day (Saturday here in the states), and set it at a time that day that got great coverage from all servers…Again I think people are too concerned with what they did do rather than what they could have done, that is where I think the real motivation behind this lies.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Jeromai.8203

Jeromai.8203

And how many of those one-time events have we had since that?

My point exactly. You wanted an example of ArenaNet not thinking things through beforehand and just going ahead and doing it. Then they receive backlash (or very strongly worded feedback) and attempt to do things better next time.

Players having been suggesting many various other compromises for this NA/EU reset problem. The ideal, everyone agrees, is to separate the WvW reset times. Failing which, a time when one region isn’t immediately locked out of participating due to work would be preferable.

Another interesting idea would be to keep changing up the reset times weekly. One week, suit the NA crowd. The next week, the EU. Another week, SEA/Oceania. That might change up the meta, so to speak, and get different sets of guilds involved for server reset each week.

But permanently shifting the WvW reset time to another time, one that has been established, -doesn’t- suit NA very well, is not the best compromise, let alone solution.

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Just imagine them sitting there with their solar calculators, now I understand why the actual reset takes so long :p

PS: there has to be an emergency team anyway, what if the servers crash on a weekend?

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

So the end result of any change is to make almost everyone unhappy and to start arguments between EU and NA players. Way to go Anet.

The solution has to be fairly simple but will never make EVERYONE happy, someone is always going to be inconvenienced. I would propose:

1. Server resets for WvWvW are split so NA and EU are at different times
2. NA reset is Friday evening, whatever time that works (6 or 7pm west coast time?) for all of your time zones (so for East coast that might make it more like Friday night)
3. EU reset is Friday evening, again whatever works – say 7pm UK time, mainland Europe is then 9pm etc
4. Reset times are linked to BST/DST or whatever other time zone changes take place

Aussie players etc – sorry you probably get the shaft, but then this is not new for you guys in any case. Can’t play Friday evenings? Too bad, honestly I don’t finish work till Midnight UK time so any proposed change isn’t that good for me either.

I don’t really care about technicalities – this is an issue that involves all WvWvW players, the ONLY consideration should be the customers. Not your server staff, what it costs, who it might inconvenience at Anet or how long it might take.

Aurora Glade [KISS]

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

So the end result of any change is to make almost everyone unhappy and to start arguments between EU and NA players.

That’s the saddest part about it, this should not end in an EU vs NA war. The solutions ANet offered simply don’t satisfy everybody. It could be so simple, do the reset on saturday (or sunday, people are working on saturdays too) or at separate times. Fin.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Here’s the biggest problem with this change: I can’t play resets anymore. And by “I” I mean anyone who keeps a similar (read: normal) work schedule in the US. I’m CST, and this is going to be even worse for anyone in MST or PST.

By making things slightly more convenient for EU, they’ve made things completely impossible for a large chunk of the US. That’s an utterly broken decision, which needs to be rescinded.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Here’s the biggest problem with this change: I can’t play resets anymore. And by “I” I mean anyone who keeps a similar (read: normal) work schedule in the US. I’m CST, and this is going to be even worse for anyone in MST or PST.

By making things slightly more convenient for EU, they’ve made things completely impossible for a large chunk of the US. That’s an utterly broken decision, which needs to be rescinded.

Lol this^^^^

This has ruined reset night for 3/4 of the US to make it very slightly better for EU??? Come on!

If I was in EU position and reset was at 2am, making it midnight would make no difference to me. Being it is Saturday at 2am, it would make no difference.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Lol this^^^^

This has ruined reset night for 3/4 of the US to make it very slightly better for EU??? Come on!

If I was in EU position and reset was at 2am, making it midnight would make no difference to me. Being it is Saturday at 2am, it would make no difference.

And yet it DOES make a rather major difference.
The amount of players playing at midnight is MUCH higher than those playing at 2am.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Lol this^^^^

The amount of players playing at midnight is MUCH higher than those playing at 2am.

But it drops off within 30 minutes of midnight. Two ticks is not enough to count for anything.

Getting the server populated with regular, skilled people for the hours that it will be queued up, is far more important to the NA crew than 30 extra minutes of populated coverage in the EU.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Lol this^^^^

How do you know, reset has never been at Midnight?

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

graverr.6473

Lol this^^^^

lol how do you know .reset time was never at 3 pm .

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Your putting too much energy in getting a 12 am reset, EU reset should be at 8 pm just like the NA.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Because people play even if it is not a reset?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Lol this^^^^

Which would more people show up for in EU? 2am or 3pm? I think it would probably be the same either way. Most people I know are at work/school at 3pm.

The difference between 2am and midnight on a weekend is a lot different than 5pm and 3pm on a weekday.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

graverr.6473

Lol this^^^^

Which would more people show up for in EU? 2am or 3pm? I think it would probably be the same either way. Most people I know are at work/school at 3pm.

I would gladly take 3 pm.Would plan a guild raid for 7-8 pm but that’s just me.Midnight still sux but at least people in EU get to play for 2 hours and still get some sleep before work/school on saturday instead of nothing at all

I am not a fan of the fact that Anet needs to screw someone over in the 1st place and i really don’t understand why the reset times can’t be separate since the NA and EU servers are *completely*separate in the 1st place.You can’t even guest from NA to EU so this thing really leaves me perplexed.

But ,being from EU i can’t not be glad for getting even such a small improvement.Either way here on the old continent still have it a lot worse than you guys even with this “improvement” and im not rying to make it a justification in any way is just a personal opinion.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Lol this^^^^

I would gladly take 3 pm.Would plan a guild raid for 7-8 pm but that’s just me.Midnight still sux but at least people in EU get to play for 2 hours and still get some sleep before work/school on saturday instead of nothing at all

I am not a fan of the fact that Anet needs to screw someone over in the 1st place and i really don’t understand why the reset times can’t be separate since the NA and EU servers are *completely*separate in the 1st place.You can’t even guest from NA to EU so this thing really leaves me perplexed.

But ,being from EU i can’t not be glad for getting even such a small improvement.Either way here on the old continent still have it a lot worse than you guys even with this “improvement” and im not rying to make it a justification in any way is just a personal opinion.

See the problem with this on my server will be queue’s. On a normal reset night you have to be on the button/portal to get in, if you miss getting in right at reset you are in a queue for 5-6+ hours, if you get in at all. I would actually prefer a 2am reset, that way there is no big reset push and most ppl would just log on Saturday morning and do their push.

Lol, kids go to school on Saturday in EU???

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I love how their initial reaction to any game change that causes an uproar is to lock the post to keep people from commenting. They really need a PR person to advise them that doing things like that is not in their best interest.

It was rather smart of them to lock it though, since it was more or less only people flaming, no real discussion.

Step 1, EU servers complain about something that inconvininces them (Rightly so, btw)
Step 2, Anet decides EU has a point, and makes a band aid fix that doesnt actually fix the problem and screws over NA players
Step 3, NA players complain about being screwed over with short notice, and voice much hate for a kitten fix on Anets part, and no forethought planning to seperate reset time due to region
Step 4, Anet throws up their hands in frustration, lock/delete all threads that hint at the topic, and hope the issue magically goes away

Predicting Step 5, People start seeing that Anet isnt taking this stuff seriously, and start to seriously look at other games to play.

Our guild was really starting to drift away from GW2 earlier this year. We were looking for other games to play as a group to keep us together. But with the culling fix, we recommitted to the game, because it looked like Anet were themselves committed to making WvW better. (And no culling made small group work possible in the high tiers again).

Screwing NA reset, however, tells me that Anet does not understand their own game. For serious WvW guilds, Reset is the night around which all other things revolve. Guilds have to communicate the most then. That’s when you test out your strategies to see if they will work in the hardest environment. And it’s then you have to play at your best. The rest of the week feels like casual play until reset comes around again.

Anet, you take that away at your own peril.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

This is a complete bullkitten argument as the amount of time it will take West Coasters to get in with queues is the same amount of time it would have taken your EU Guild to wake up at 9am and play all day Saturday.

I’m sure you are thrilled that you are going to see increased turnout for your extra hour or two of playtime. Somewhere between 75-90% of all NA Guilds just had their major weekly Guild Event destroyed by this.

It seems pretty clear most of EU has no clue about the kinds of queues NA sees on Reset all the way down to T6-7.

This isn’t as simple as “oh just delay your Guild Event for a few hours” – this change has pretty much made WvW Guild Events impossible on Reset.

A 10am Friday Reset would’ve been better than the current choice because hopefully SEA/Oceanic/EU players on NA Servers would be done/burned out by the time most NA people get home.

As it is, most of NA simply won’t get to play on Reset because of queues and frustration. It will lead to people quitting the game with no guarantee they return when Split-Reset times are finally put in. And that is really bad for ANet.

And why would queing be any different with that reset moving back 2 hours? People are going to be stuck in there regardless, the only change I see it having is that it won’t be as long right from the start, as not everyone will be able to make it.

And saturday morning is hardly considered much of a reset event for us anymore, whereas you couldn’t say the same thing about your friday evening. We were in a situation where most of us couldn’t play reset at all, compared to you guys who have had it on primetime since the game launched. Move it back 2 hours, and immediately it’s the end of the world and apparently you all would be quitting the game. Are you serious?

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Not gonna quit the game but probably gonna give up on reset night.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

See the problem with this on my server will be queue’s. On a normal reset night you have to be on the button/portal to get in, if you miss getting in right at reset you are in a queue for 5-6+ hours, if you get in at all. I would actually prefer a 2am reset, that way there is no big reset push and most ppl would just log on Saturday morning and do their push.

Don’t play on a T2 server then.

In some countries yes.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

In some countries yes.[/quote]

School on Saturday is crazy;)

T1-T6 has a long queue on reset night, so that leaves T7/T8, no thank you.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

In some countries yes.

[/quote]

Neither T5 or T6 has queues on reset night. Don’t know about T4, but I don’t believe it’s much different, since all T4 servers have strong overnight presence rather than a strong prime time presence.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Let’s not exagerate here. There are not queues on all four maps all the way down to NA T6. I doubt if there were queues on all four maps even in T2 – except for the first hour perhaps.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Let’s not exagerate here. There are not queues on all four maps all the way down to T6. I doubt if there were queues on all four maps even in T2 – except for the first hour perhaps.

T2 has a queue on all 4 maps most of the night.

On TC it does anyway

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

In some countries yes.

Neither T5 or T6 has queues on reset night. Don’t know about T4, but I don’t believe it’s much different, since all T4 servers have strong overnight presence rather than a strong prime time presence.[/quote]

Maybe not the EU servers.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Let’s not exagerate here. There are not queues on all four maps all the way down to T6. I doubt if there were queues on all four maps even in T2 – except for the first hour perhaps.

On TC it does anyway

You’re from TC so I can see that. But Kain and FA?

I’m in T4 and I don’t think we have queues on any map at reset. Maybe a couple minutes on EB and/or our BL for a little while.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Neither T5 or T6 has queues on reset night. Don’t know about T4, but I don’t believe it’s much different, since all T4 servers have strong overnight presence rather than a strong prime time presence.

[/quote]
Actually T5 does for the home borderlands and Eternal.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

On TC it does anyway

I’m in T4 and I don’t think we have queues on any map at reset. Maybe a couple minutes on EB and our own BL.

Either way moving servers is not an option yet or a solution. It would have to get pretty bad for that to happen. Like a former NA T8 situation.

What is stupid is it has worked out great up until now and they are screwing it up. What they are doing is not a solution for EU late night reset. A real solution is needed which would be different resets for NA and EU.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Voradors.5381

Our guild was really starting to drift away from GW2 earlier this year. We were looking for other games to play as a group to keep us together. But with the culling fix, we recommitted to the game, because it looked like Anet were themselves committed to making WvW better. (And no culling made small group work possible in the high tiers again).

Screwing NA reset, however, tells me that Anet does not understand their own game. For serious WvW guilds, Reset is the night around which all other things revolve. Guilds have to communicate the most then. That’s when you test out your strategies to see if they will work in the hardest environment. And it’s then you have to play at your best. The rest of the week feels like casual play until reset comes around again.

Anet, you take that away at your own peril.

Exactly. My guild has events every night of the week. The only one i look forward to is Friday night WvW reset rush; where everything is hectic and tons of fun.

This will absolutely kill that.

I play Tier 7…..and there is a queue. The last 4 weeks (when SF was in Tier 8 ), there was a queue for multiple borderlands.

Voradors – Elementalist

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

On TC it does anyway

I’m in T4 and I don’t think we have queues on any map at reset. Maybe a couple minutes on EB and our own BL.

Either way moving servers is not an option yet or a solution. It would have to get pretty bad for that to happen. Like a former NA T8 situation.

What is stupid is it has worked out great up until now and they are screwing it up. What they are doing is not a solution for EU late night reset. A real solution is needed which would be different resets for NA and EU.

That I 100% agree with.

I originally thought this was no big deal. So people are a little late for reset. But I have changed my mind based on the arguments presented that it is a big deal for some.

Being there right at reset is great fun and I look forward to it. And if you’re on a server with long queues, and have to be at work, it means not having a chance to try to get on at the outset.

Like you said, this is not a solution. A real solution is needed.

I just don’t want us players to start blaming our friends across the pond. Its not thier fault. I can understand their point of view. And I hope they can understand ours.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

I am not talking about European servers.

I play Tier 7…..and there is a queue. The last 4 weeks (when SF was in Tier 8 ), there was a queue for multiple borderlands.

SF is obviously a T8 server in terms of population

/facepalm

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

The other thing I don’t get is I have yet to see a forum thread of EU people crying about how late reset is? Why this change?

And if they are changing this are they going to change the time that the patches go live to be more fair to EU?

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Voradors.5381

/facepalm

Tier 8 with a queue. The point is how poor of a change this is, and it screws many people over.
I would imagine that there are other servers with queues between Tier 8 and Tier 3. Saying he should leave Tier 2 to not have a queue is really what deserves a facepalm….

Focusing on anything other than the fact that a better solution to this problem is needed is straying from the point……

Voradors – Elementalist

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

/facepalm

Tier 8 with a queue. The point is how poor of a change this is, and it screws many people over.
I would imagine that there are other servers with queues between Tier 8 and Tier 3. Saying he should leave Tier 2 to not have a queue is really what deserves a facepalm….

Focusing on anything other than the fact that a better solution to this problem is needed is straying from the point……

The difference is he can’t play at all, because all 4 maps are queued for most of the night.

Now tell me, have you ever not been able to play WvW at all on SF due to queues?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

The other thing I don’t get is I have yet to see a forum thread of EU people crying about how late reset is? Why this change?

And if they are changing this are they going to change the time that the patches go live to be more fair to EU?

EU people have questioned the late reset since release. For some reason those threads do not consist of whining though and are usually quite calm and therefore falls into the pit of forgetfulness quite fast.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

As has been mentioned, T5 and T6 US do not have significant queues on reset night. I’d be surprised if there were ever queues on three maps at the same time.

Also, T7 US is almost certainly larger than T6 right now. The rankings ended up inverted with T6 and T7 being larger than T5. IoJ and DR have slowly fallen into T6 and will slip into T7 (where they likely belong) relatively soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

So they are so useless that they can’t have 2 separete reset time for EU and NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Lycan Nibbler.1567

Lycan Nibbler.1567

Anet have shown by not being able to guest between EU and NA that these two are distinct and separate animals. Therefore there seems to be no reason for them to have the same start time for WvW matches.
I agree the EU times were terrible for reset and needed to be changed. Moving them to say 17.00 GMT or similar would make it much better.
However changing the times on NA to 3pm PST means that anyone working on the west coast (myself included) wont be able to get on at reset and if I dont get on at the start, then I have a several hour wait to get in on a Friday, hence meaning that Friday WvW play is no longer an option.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

So they are so useless that they can’t have 2 separete reset time for EU and NA?

So where are your multi-million played MMO-games? Since you apparently know exactly how to fix this issue you must be rather good, so it is quite likely that you have an equal or better game, right?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Puts “tinfoil hat” on again.

Maybe it’s a conspiracy by ArenaNet to get guilds/players transfer (pay gems /$$$) to lower tier servers so they won’t have to deal with the queue on reset nights.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Here’s Anet’s blog post on the change:

We’re changing the time that the World vs World match resets to make it more convenient for players on both NA and EU servers. Beginning this week, WvW matches will now reset at 3PM PDT (22:00 UTC) on Friday.

I have to say that is a bit Orwellian.

In no way can a 3pm PST/6pm EST start time for NA be called “convenient”.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I wish ANET would come on here and say, “Hey, we listened to your feedback for a change and have decided to keep the current reset time. In the next few weeks, we will have separate reset times for NA and EU. At that point, reset will be more convenient for everyone”

One can dream.