Servers that are full...

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Some servers have been taking breaks for last few weeks to try to game the population numbers at launch to go from FULL to very high. Anet can you please make sure servers that are full stay full for atleast a month after launch so new players fill up T2-3. It will help population balance & make people that tried to game the system a little dumb. Win-Win!

Thanks!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

What about everything below T3 ? T2 & T3 are both healthy.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Please keep them full. They’re trying to game the rolling average because there are several large guilds looking to transfer into T1 as soon as those servers open up. It would be counter to what ArenaNet is trying to do of getting population to spread out.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Well… They have 5 days left to game the system. The launch of HoT will reactivate a lot of dead accounts.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Well… They have 5 days left to game the system. The launch of HoT will reactivate a lot of dead accounts.

servers have been taking last few weeks off trying to game it for last month or so…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Everybody knows that system doesn’t even work. In EU very high servers are full and full servers high.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

servers have been taking last few weeks off trying to game it for last month or so…

Doubtful they will be able to pull it off with 5 days left, and good luck keeping out pugs and whole guilds that came back solely to play WVW.

Also, remember, the full servers are not just over the full bar, but are grossly way over it, I would not be surprised if some were as high as 2-3 times of what the actual full status is set to. It will take a LONG time for a server to drop, they would have to have close to zero score 24/7 for maybe 3-5 weeks and according to http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups that is not even remotely close.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Some servers have been taking breaks for last few weeks to try to game the population numbers at launch to go from FULL to very high. Anet can you please make sure servers that are full stay full for atleast a month after launch so new players fill up T2-3. It will help population balance & make people that tried to game the system a little dumb. Win-Win!

Thanks!

I wouldn’t worry about that. The full servers would have to drop their coverage to have at a minimum two maps empty in order to drop to very high.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

The opposite needs to happen. All servers need to be opened for HoT launch so those pulling friends in to the game can play together in WvW. Guilds facing natural attrition can recruit new blood. People who would like to enjoy true epic, large scale World vs World vs World as advertise should be allowed to join servers that offer such experience throughout multiple timezones.

Locking servers haven’t really done a whole lot on the grand scale. There are same numbers of Full, Very High, High, and Medium servers as there were over a month ago. Bottom line is this game has too many servers, way too many low pop servers (now marked as medium). New players coming into the game may not understand what these things mean, so they join any random medium servers expecting to experience epic, large scale WvW. Chances are they’ve already quit WvW if not the game altogether by now. You can’t fix this issue without merging low pop servers first. With new borderland maps being larger and utilizing more vertical space, it’s going to really suck for players on servers that don’t have the population to even fill the existing maps.

I doubt gaming the system works, there’s no evidence of it working at all. I sure as heck hope it doesn’t work, because WvW has been boring as heck in the past few weeks. But something is really wrong with the game when people even need to do this just to be able to recruit new players for their guilds and making sure their servers have better coverage so they have a chance to compete. I’ve never been so bored with this game. And something is really wrong when in order to get more players for guilds, you need to stop playing. This, I blame Anet’s fail design, and their insistence of not merging low pop servers.

I’ve played T2, it’s a boring place unless you play NA prime time. I’ve been to T3, it’s an extremely boring place unless you enjoy GvG. There’s a reason why T1 servers are populated as they are. Because it’s really the only server choices for people to enjoy WvW as advertised. Ironically, people cheering on this full servers lock because they want to recruit more people for their own servers and their own guilds. Same agenda as everybody else, they’re looking out for their own. Honestly this problem can be solved by Anet merging a handful of low pop servers (now marked as medium) into medium pop servers (now marked as high/very high).

This brute force locking servers isn’t working, it certainly isn’t persuading enough people to spread out. With GvG arena coming, expect WvW to become even more barren as more guilds turtle away in guildhalls doing more GvG. All servers can use more players in WvW, and this game really has too many servers for its WvW popularity.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Will be hilarious when old players play new PvE map and f2p players play wvw. Too bad that we have 0 f2p players.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Ironically, people cheering on this full servers lock because they want to recruit more people for their own servers and their own guilds.

This thread was started by a player on a Full server. It’s pretty obvious that guilds in T1 want their servers to be unlocked not for recruiting to their own guilds, but so they can “win” against the other servers through the coverage arms race. At least someone in T1 exposes that kitten propaganda.

For my own server, no, don’t come here if you play in one of our stacked timezones. We don’t want to get Full and hurt our weaker timezones.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’m going to laugh if it turns out it doesn’t work at all this week.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

I still think that Anet should kick everyone from ever server. Have a full reset.

They then take the average populations of silver league and then allow players back onto whichever server they want.
But when a server hit’s that average population, it become full, forcing players to choose another server.

If the servers all end up full, they increase the limit by say 1000 for each server, and when they all fill up again repeat.

Have daily matchups for a week or so to get started with what the WvW population is like, then state using the current WvW activity based population on server limits.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Random.4691

I still think that Anet should kick everyone from ever server. Have a full reset.

They then take the average populations of silver league and then allow players back onto whichever server they want.
But when a server hit’s that average population, it become full, forcing players to choose another server.

If the servers all end up full, they increase the limit by say 1000 for each server, and when they all fill up again repeat.

Have daily matchups for a week or so to get started with what the WvW population is like, then state using the current WvW activity based population on server limits.

Exactly this i the only way to truly fix (well maybe not fixx 100% because that wont happen) servers. The still do not have enough people to sustain 24 servers NA and I’m not sure about EU but I suspect they don’t have enough players to sustain 27, so delete at least (at least is the key words) three servers. I personally would just get rid of everything below T6 possibly T5.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Our WvW Server Population Stacking issue will always recur in my opinion.

Current Map Mechanic & Player Behavior is a combination that will forever encourage Server Stacking.

Any drastic change to fix this issue will eventually go back to how we are now.

Sadly…it is the WvW Community that will always suffer after these drastic changes are constantly done to redress the Server Stacking.

I think our Base Map Mechanic for WvW needs to be redone in my opinion to provide a better long term solution.

Any other solutions proposed…will only be a painful & unending cycling of trying to balance population that negatively impacts fragile WvW Communities.

(edited by Diku.2546)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: The Geil.8605

The Geil.8605

Everybody knows that system doesn’t even work. In EU very high servers are full and full servers high.

The system is based around being “active” in WvW. We do not know the exact definition. But let’s make an example of 1 hour in WvW per week to be “active”.

Server 1 is full. It has 400 players which play 1 hour per week. And 100 players who play full-time WvW per week.

Server 2 is not full. It has 400 players who play full-time WvW per week. But only 50 players who login for 1 hour per week.

If the current Server Capacity is 475 “active” players. Which is calculated based on how many people on different servers and their difference, which is my understanding, not nessisarily true. This means Server 1 will be full and have less players most of the time, where Server 2 will not be full but have better coverage.

I am pretty confident that this is what is currently happening.

To make it even “worse”: When a full server goes below server capacity, it will only have 1 spot open and someone will most likely “snipe” is really quickly, closing the server.

Disclaimer: This is a theory based around some limited knowledge about the server capacity system and is not nessisarily true.

Exactly this i the only way to truly fix (well maybe not fixx 100% because that wont happen) servers. The still do not have enough people to sustain 24 servers NA and I’m not sure about EU but I suspect they don’t have enough players to sustain 27, so delete at least (at least is the key words) three servers. I personally would just get rid of everything below T6 possibly T5.

It’s a solid solution but can possibly displace a lot of players from their guilds etc. I think a better solution would be to force Tier 1 to be Full at all times and allowing other servers to be dynamically full as all servers currently is. This would make sure other servers could grow bigger and displace people a bit more.

Seafarer’s Rest – Get off Me [LAND]
GW2.Ninja – Tickets.GW2.Ninja – Collections.GW2.Ninja – Directory.GW2.Ninja
Want a GW2.Link shortlink? Send me an in-game message.

(edited by The Geil.8605)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

but are grossly way over it

Sadly…it is the WvW Community that will always suffer after these drastic changes are constantly done to redress the Server Stacking.

Both of these and for the most part this entire thread are absurd. The population limits have been set FAR TOO LOW! Have any of you actually done the math on the man hours required to run 4 maps at capacity???? Server stacking is EXACTLY what’s required to accomplish this and fill coverage across a server. It’s simple, if you don’t like night capping or getting rolled in a time slot, then you get off your butt and recruit for that time slot. Why, because balance doesn’t magically happen! The next problem then becomes there are not enough players to run Large Scale WvW like that on NA 24 servers. Which is why they must either consolidate NA servers, make the Tiers have descending map capacities per tier, reduce the number of total maps per tier, or create Alliances. Any attempt to thinly spread out the remaining NA WvW population across the 24 servers is absurd. It’s the exact opposite of what’s required. We want Large scale combat 24/7, not freaking PvD.

Every time I see these types of complaints I want to start Gibb smacking people. Good Tier matchups don’t just happen as they take thought, effort, and sacrifice. Which it obviously sounds like the OP and others don’t understand in life. If you want a carefree carebear, I just log in and fight where’s my medal, type of game mode then EotM is that way —-—->

Side note: there’s nothing wrong with EotM as a mode, it’s very enjoyable for that kind of play.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Random.4691

Whats actually absurd (no hard facts for numbers but It’s safe to guess this is close to accurate) is that 75% of players are stacked within 3 tiers which leave the other 25% of players spread over 5 tiers. That sir, is absurd, it’s more absurd to ask that they don’t try and correct this regardless of what you think of how the population limits have been set.

Realistically they should set some parameters should they choose to keep 24 servers in NA. The top 3 tiers should be locked and after that let the lower servers start filling, lock them once they hit population caps so the trickle down effect actually works. Or, just delete some servers, we really do not need 24 at this point, it just spreads us out more and is a waste of hardware.

It’s not even the case of wanting them to lock servers, it’s just the most realistic way to get the population to spread out while keeping server structures. As someone who has alts ranging from low Tiers all he way up to T2 it’s fair to say the top 3 tiers really don’t need more people, all 9 servers in that range are fairly healthy.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

YB is full, and has been since the “full” metric came into play, but we rarely run full maps. Saturday night there were no map queues at 7:30 pm CST, and I think one flashed full for an hour or two later on.

When we first came into T1 we were running 4 full maps for a few weeks, but the last 3-4 weeks we will fill two, and occasionally 3 maps during NA prime outside of Friday night(generally EB and home BL).

It’s a far cry from when I was on BG 2 years ago. Then the weekend was a queue-fest, and even during the week activity was pretty high. Guess the population really has shrunk as much as people have been saying.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Will be interesting to see what happens cause 1 particular server will have been doing it for around a month when HOT hits. But I agree the serves should be locked now for at least a couple of weeks after HOT launches.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Servers that are full...

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Both of these and for the most part this entire thread are absurd. The population limits have been set FAR TOO LOW!

Yeah this is spot on and has been obvious since FA slipped from full to very high.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Random.4691

It’s also a far cry from the lower servers to be able to fill 2 maps, most T5 and below can’t even half fill 1. This is why they need to just delete some servers. It’s pretty obvious that the population is not what it once was and cannot sustain the number of servers available.

As long as Anet remains in denial and won’t shut down servers the population will continue to diminish because let’s face it, whats the point of WvW if theres no one to fight, you can go to EotM if K-Training is your thing.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Serith.3712

Serith.3712

There’s definitely too many WvW servers, and I think trying to spread the population out so thin via server locks just hurts the overall WvW game as a whole. Merging say T 7-8 into teir 5-6 would help the population situation a great deal.

IMO population balance should only be a concern within blocks/tiers of 3-6 servers. Players and guilds that want to play on well organized servers with good timezone coverage should be allowed to do so, trying to force these players onto less organized servers doesn’t do anyone any good. Ultimately I think players/guilds will gravitate towards others with similar playing style and the focus should be on balancing population within those broader groups, not trying to balance across the board.

(edited by Serith.3712)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Honestly WvW should be merged into just 3 separate sides. For most tiers there is just one dominate server. Evenly merge servers together based on average population sizes making sure to merge good fits ie. server with lots of EU and low NA merge with low EU and high NA etc and go from there.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Diku.2546

Server stacking is EXACTLY what’s required to accomplish this and fill coverage across a server.

Snip 8<

Every time I see these types of complaints I want to start Gibb smacking people. Good Tier matchups don’t just happen as they take thought, effort, and sacrifice.

Snip 8<

Side note: there’s nothing wrong with EotM as a mode, it’s very enjoyable for that kind of play.

Would you recommend that ANet do the following:

1) Consolidate All NA & EU Servers into just 3 Servers.

We might as well do a complete Server Stack.

Are you sure you would recommend Server Stacking as a solution?

Sorry for complaining…it’s actually more lamenting…but you missed the most important part of my post…so let me re-post it here:

Any drastic change to fix this issue will eventually go back to how we are now.

Snip 8<

I think our Base Map Mechanic for WvW needs to be redone in my opinion to provide a better long term solution.

We currently have a lot of stale match-ups that never change…and people continue to try and get into the strongest World server to have fun winning…rather than loosing. That is the essence of what server stacking does when players are given the choice.

Forcing people to migrate will work temporarily…until they’re allowed choices again…then the scales will once again tip…and once again ANet will be forced to do World Transfer Lock Outs.

(edited by Diku.2546)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Diku.2546

Honestly WvW should be merged into just 3 separate sides. For most tiers there is just one dominate server. Evenly merge servers together based on average population sizes making sure to merge good fits ie. server with lots of EU and low NA merge with low EU and high NA etc and go from there.

After merging all Worlds into A, B, and C.

What would you recommend when all players start to migrate to World A because it wins more than World B & C?

Only Solution:

World Transfer Lock Out? ANet currently is doing this.

This topic really gets many players upset for good reason…the solution to fixing it won’t be an easy one.

(edited by Diku.2546)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

A “Full” server is a server with a number of Active WvW Players (as defined by the algorithm) above a certain threshold. It has nothing to do with hardware limitations, or PvE players.

The “Full” threshold is slightly different than the other ones because it doesn’t have an upper limit. So some servers can be just slightly above the threshold and marked “Full”, and some other servers might be well over it, and also marked “Full”, even though their populations aren’t really balanced.

The intent is that since you can’t join or transfer to a “Full” server, their populations are going to diminish over time, until eventually they reach “Very High” again. At this point, all “Full” servers are going to be balanced. This won’t be right away, though, since we’re not kicking anyone out of their servers.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Diku.2546

@SkyShroud

Thank you…for this post explaining what the World Transfer Lock Out is supposed to do.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

From an off hours perspective, i play SEA time, Anet needs to understand that the recent change in tier 1 NA with YB coming up has led to quite a fair amount of unbalance during OCX and SEA timezones. The best solution to nightcapping and server status complaints is if each players classification can be identified as either a predominantly NA or other timezone player, and server status is segregated into 4 timezones rather than just one. If theres a program or algo that can do that, it would be perfect.

I know of many returning players to the game that are looking to move into full servers so they can play with friends and reform their guilds.

Rather than worry about overstacking servers in particular timezones which every server is more or less guilty of, Anet should be of the view to open up the servers once again, to allow friends to play together, as what Anet has said its a fresh start.

I would even encourage Anet to reset all glicko scores and let all servers fight for their tiering status once again. While this might cause some boring matchups, i think doing this would encourage guilds to move servers to less populated ones.

To fix the current nightcapping issue in tier 1 and 2 NA, the servers needs to open up again for some off hour SEA guilds to reshuffle among tier 1 and 2 again.

(edited by bubbachua.1243)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

@SkyShroud

Thank you…for this post explaining what the World Transfer Lock Out is supposed to do.

Too bad it doesn’t work.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

That doesn’t make sense to me due to the fact that it is reasonably likely that many players will return to make empty world’s more active. New players will flood in. Free to play will draw more players as well. As I see it, you cannot reasonably have this discussion until after the population stabilizes after release.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

@SkyShroud

Too bad it doesn’t work.

It will work but it will take at least one year (I assume) to show the result. Anet made it clear that they intentionally place that threshold in a way that some server will exceed it. Which generally means that they will not back down from their decision and will keep to it no matter how many people complain about it.

So guilds have to make a choice to destack or shrink. Players have to make a choice to stay or go other servers for their friends or even quit altogether. All of these are part of anet intention to shrink the servers.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Open T1 on 10/25 at 12pm (midnight) PST through 8am PST to allow “off-hours” who might have been waiting to transfer; and then lock that kitten up tight. After that, T1 is full and people can find enjoyment in the game in the 20 non-Full status servers.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Open T1 on 10/25 at 12pm (midnight) PST through 8am PST to allow “off-hours” who might have been waiting to transfer; and then lock that kitten up tight. After that, T1 is full and people can find enjoyment in the game in the 20 non-Full status servers.

Lol, you think only “off hour” players will transfer? Making a time public will just bloat you more. The intention is to DESTACK!!! Boy I wish I could post the Moe clip “Spread Out”.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Lol, you think only “off hour” players will transfer? Making a time public will just bloat you more. The intention is to DESTACK!!! Boy I wish I could post the Moe clip “Spread Out”.

Nothing encourages players to move more than when matches are miserable. It speeds up attrition. They should open up JQ during SEA time only so that it can become even more stacked during OCX/SEA. Players will flee from every other Full server and JQ’s NA will flee from boredom. Eventually JQ will destack like what happened in EU with SFR.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Servers that will never come off “Full” status for a long time should. But it’s their own choice to wallow in their misery. Anet will not fix it they way they want.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Lol these T1 servers are not gonna be able to game the system. It’s a combination of rank, population and ppt that determines a server’s status.

If SFR and Kodash, both of which have lost multiple guilds recently, can’t drop out of being full, what makes these T1 servers think that “playing dead” will work? PPT still happens even if they aren’t in WvW.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I believe the population rating is locked or at least on a very slow moving average. If it were not SoS would have moved up to Very High from High a while ago as they easily have the same or slightly more than FA most of the time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The intention is to DESTACK!!! Boy I wish I could post the Moe clip “Spread Out”.

Who’s “intention” as there’s not enough WvW players in NA T1 as it is for large scale combat. So the answer to anyone’s destack request is a flat out, NO! If you don’t like large scale combat, then you go to or stay in the lower tiers. For those of us that want LARGE SCALE COMBAT back we have to move up, consolidate, and STACK!

The population is getting really bad when you can find more players to fight in EotM than in WvW…… That’s why many of the Worlds are attempting Blackouts to fix what the dev’s neglected and broke.

/conversation

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

And as its been said many times over, it’s not all about T1. Your server is marked full for a reason. Manage it but not by bloating it more.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

A lot of the current empty map feeling is because players were taking a break before HoT.

You’re still full, don’t worry. You’ll get your massive mindless blobs back.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

The intention is to DESTACK!!! Boy I wish I could post the Moe clip “Spread Out”.

Who’s “intention” as there’s not enough WvW players in NA T1 as it is for large scale combat. So the answer to anyone’s destack request is a flat out, NO! If you don’t like large scale combat, then you go to or stay in the lower tiers. For those of us that want LARGE SCALE COMBAT back we have to move up, consolidate, and STACK!

The population is getting really bad when you can find more players to fight in EotM than in WvW…… That’s why many of the Worlds are attempting Blackouts to fix what the dev’s neglected and broke.

/conversation

Hahahahaha. We all know you know that T1 seems dead because your guilds are all either legit taking a break before HoT or intentionally doing it to try manipulate the server status. 100% guaranteed that when HoT releases, BG, JQ and YB will have full queued maps.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

anyone on T1 using current map population “feeling not full” is being extremely disingenuous and they know it. If a season started tomorrow instead of HoT launch those maps would once again be queud to the max, all be it briefly until match-ups got stale again. The new HoT map will create a different kind of excitement just as briefly and we will get listen to tears of serious WvWers who cannot play their game due to all the PvXers hogging spots in the queue. Game culture has to change if you want those full maps to stay full, not how ANET sets the caps and that is for the good of the whole game. Stop being so selfish.

The reason T1 isn’t getting as much WvW participation out of their casuals right now is not only about HoT either. When a world stacks itself just for the sake of having numbers and then has guilds jumping back and forth between the top 3 to create artificial balance you get the loyalty and commitment to community from the fairweathers that you deserve. While great core communities do exist in the top tiers the majority of the playerbase is sheltered from them and never has any reason to go looking for ways to contribute. This is the true failure of ANET. Sadly T1 worlds who started out the most organized just recruited themselves out of having tight knit communities and traded them for more bodies to throw on the lines.

And yes, I am a bitter former T1er.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Lol at all the jade quarry players arguing for the servers to open so they can get Side Effect [SE] in. Obvious conflict of interest is obvious.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Devils Toy.9205

Devils Toy.9205

Thanks!

Instead, how about you open up all servers so that new players may get into a server they want instead of being “forced” into one. Let’s say I’m a new player, I have no idea about any of the servers so I choose one of the lower tier servers because I don’t know anything about any of them because as I said I’m new. Now, I go into WvW and it is dead. Guess what, I’m going to go play another game. GG Anet, you have my $50 for buying the game but now I am done with you because this appears to be a dead game. The appropriate thing to do would be to consolidate servers and then allow the people from the servers being eliminated a one time free transfer to the server of their choice.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

No one is forcing you into a server, like many other online games, some servers are designated as being full, and so no new players can join that server.

It’s called balancing out populations between servers so no one server becomes the server to win them all!
Which is what exactly has happened in GW2 in regards to WvW population distribution.
Most people bandwagoned to the top 3 servers, leaving the lower servers unable to compete on equal footing.

Yes it’s taken Anet 3 whole years to get their foot out of their kitten , but this mechanism of cutting of a server at a given population should have been in effect since day 1!

If you want to play with your friends in T1, well tough, you should have joined them earlier. If you really are such awesome gaming buddies, why were you on a different server?! If you only just bought the game, tough, you should have bought it sooner.

Join a different server, make new gaming buddies. You did it once, you can do it again. hell why not join a server where you can fight against your friends, add some friendly rivalry into it.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Servers that are full...

in WvW

morrolan.9608

No one is forcing you into a server, like many other online games, some servers are designated as being full, and so no new players can join that server.

It’s called balancing out populations between servers so no one server becomes the server to win them all!
Which is what exactly has happened in GW2 in regards to WvW population distribution.
Most people bandwagoned to the top 3 servers, leaving the lower servers unable to compete on equal footing.

Map caps provide balance. If queues get too long players and guilds go to another server.

If you want to play with your friends in T1, well tough, you should have joined them earlier. If you really are such awesome gaming buddies, why were you on a different server?! If you only just bought the game, tough, you should have bought it sooner.

Join a different server, make new gaming buddies. You did it once, you can do it again. hell why not join a server where you can fight against your friends, add some friendly rivalry into it.

He could do that or he could leave the game, guess which is more likely. Do we and anet really want that?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Devils Toy.9205

Devils Toy.9205

Yes it’s taken Anet 3 whole years to get their foot out of their kitten , but this mechanism of cutting of a server at a given population should have been in effect since day 1!

so what you are saying is “screw you new players” you should have started playing sooner. This is definitely the way to keep the game alive.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

New players can create their own unique identity by learning wvw mechanics, bolstering up an open server, instead of relying on an already winning server to carry them.

Who knows? Your new server could rise and kick out a current T1 server. Because of population caps, that’s now a possibility.

Next up restored: server pride.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Servers that are full...

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

I think that a good idea is to change Home World to where your guild is, and the cost of transfer go to the guild… with favour or something. :P

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]