Shield Generators need to be nerfed.

in WvW

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Just as the title says. Went into SMC and they literally have every opening covered, there’s no way to even begin to take that apart.

Yes, I am a little salty. But more importantly, it seems really like an abuse of a mechanic. How does everyone else feel about the witnessed usage of these new siege weapons?

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

I would like to start by asking why such item is behind paywall when it clearly gives clear advantage to some1?

in WvW

Posted by: Bobz.2896

Bobz.2896

:)

Good Fights tonight

Team Legacy | legacygg.com | Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Freelancer.4526

Freelancer.4526

Good fight!

<3

Tales of Tyria | Team Legacy | www.twitch.tv/fr3elancer

in WvW

Posted by: Proud Heart.7623

Proud Heart.7623

Good fight

-Proud Heart, Team Legacy, Northern Shiverpeaks

Character Name: Proud Heart
Guild: Team Legacy [TL]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Proud Heart.7623)

in WvW

Posted by: Sidi.7189

Sidi.7189

:)

in WvW

Posted by: Exis.8952

Exis.8952

:D GG

/15

in WvW

Posted by: Virikas Leire.9142

Virikas Leire.9142

Good Fight!

/TL 15

in WvW

Posted by: Seki.2981

Seki.2981

Wesa make Freelancer Bombad General!

Team Legacy | Northern Shiverpeaks.

in WvW

Posted by: Sjonnar.1437

Sjonnar.1437

Good fight guys!
-Kurskarr, TL Engineer

You’re ruining my game mode. -Alex.9507

in WvW

Posted by: yzmar.3648

yzmar.3648

The best offence is a good defense~
Good fight though! <3

| Team Legacy | Leadership Circle | Northern Shiverpeaks |

in WvW

Posted by: Twiggster.4320

Twiggster.4320

I would like to start by asking why such item is behind paywall when it clearly gives clear advantage to some1?

You know what isn’t behind a paywall stealth and siege disruptor traps.

in WvW

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

Good fight but it is easy to counter.

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

in WvW

Posted by: jakethesnake.5132

jakethesnake.5132

Yes. Siege in general needs to be nerfed.

in WvW

Posted by: Cozzyboy.3094

Cozzyboy.3094

Its not broken. You guys just need to go back to drawing board and think of a different option rather than zerging up trying something that is impossible. There are a lot of counter to this.

[RE] Red Essence

in WvW

Posted by: Tannlin.6381

Tannlin.6381

Good fight!Z
/15

Team Legacy [TL]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

jakethesnake.5132

Its not broken. You guys just need to go back to drawing board and think of a different option rather than zerging up trying something that is impossible. There are a lot of counter to this.

Uhm when 8 generaters can be placed inside of SM and stop pushes next to a few arrow carts the only option is to zerg. which my guild doesn’t want to do. Why does anet have to give giving zergs more tools to beat zerg busting guilds?

in WvW

Sjonnar.1437

“#GetGud2013-14 Copywright Rekz”

in WvW

Posted by: Backlash.4721

Backlash.4721

Good fight? Good fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Sadtv.9183

Sadtv.9183

TL is right guys they were good fights =)

Was super fun killing the OS and TL queue blob with 20 people until they decided to start running away from every fight and start hiding behind shield generators. Lets do it again some time <3

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9507

Alex.9507

It’s a 7 second wall with a 12 second cooldown, pulsing 4 stacks of stability, and AoE knockdown and aegis.

That would be fine… if you were allowed only one.

When you have 10, you perma wall an entrance constantly knocking people down, pretty much nullifying your stability. Then you get inside and you have to deal with actual damage siege, players and the lord.

I mean, we killed you guys everytime you charged out. Not gonna complain about farming bags because you get overconfident and leave the safety of your seige. But I will complain about the potential abuse of Shield Generators.

You’re ruining my game mode.

Seviryn [Rekz]

in WvW

Freelancer.4526

We’ll be uploading a video soon enough. You guys had 40+ in your ball on the video alone (not including the 30+ pugs not following your melee train). We had 30ish on the interior, also shown in the video.

We came in to say good fight, as we had a great time. We thought the whole thing was pretty epic. In regards to not pushing out, we waited for the right opportunity for you to make a mishap considering you outnumbered us and had a strong melee train. When you did, well – we know how that ended. Countering tactics is what we do. We saw you had a strong melee ball, we countered it.

You guys are a solid guild, toxicity aside. We are really impressed on how well you push a melee ball.

in WvW

Alex.9507

40+ with 30+ pugs?! We had 20 in our roster and less than 10 pugs!

Seviryn [Rekz]

in WvW

Sadtv.9183

40+ in our ball and 30+ pugs? We had 23 on in guild and some people were stitting in LA or in HoT kitten. Mesmer clones and ranger pets dont count as people bro sorry.

Edit: guild roster is 39 btw when everybody is on (which is basically never)

(edited by Sadtv.9183)

in WvW

jakethesnake.5132

We’ll be uploading a video soon enough. You guys had 40+ in your ball on the video alone (not including the 30+ pugs not following your melee train). We had 30ish on the interior, also shown in the video.

We came in to say good fight, as we had a great time. We thought the whole thing was pretty epic. In regards to not pushing out, we waited for the right opportunity for you to make a mishap considering you outnumbered us and had a strong melee train. When you did, well – we know how that ended. Countering tactics is what we do. We saw you had a strong melee ball, we countered it.

You guys are a solid guild, toxicity aside. We are really impressed on how well you push a melee ball.

Guess people still can’t count after 3 years of this game

in WvW

Sjonnar.1437

TL is right guys they were good fights =)

Was super fun killing the OS and TL queue blob with 20 people until they decided to start running away from every fight and start hiding behind shield generators. Lets do it again some time <3

Great to hear y’all had fun! We did too. Sounds like a winning combination =)

in WvW

Posted by: Anxiety.6143

Anxiety.6143

This just leaked, [TL]’s comms:

1st Rekz push:
“Ok Shield Generators 1-5 go,Arrow Carts 1-7 Go! Ele Statics 1-11 Go! Wells 1-13 Go!”

2nd Push:
“Ok Shield Generators 6-10 Go! Arrow Carts 7-13 Go! Ele statics 11-23 Go! Wells 14-29 Go!

[Rekz] Rally Bot
#GetGud2013-14 Copywright Rekz

in WvW

Sadtv.9183

1st Rekz push:
“Ok Shield Generators 1-5 go,Arrow Carts 1-7 Go! Ele Statics 1-11 Go! Wells 1-13 Go!”

2nd Push:
“Ok Shield Generators 6-10 Go! Arrow Carts 7-13 Go! Ele statics 11-23 Go! Wells 14-29 Go!

Wow they didnt even have to call the ballistas? Thats some real skill

in WvW

Alex.9507

1st Rekz push:

2nd Push:

Wow they didnt even have to call the ballistas? Thats some real skill

Ballistas are “fire at will”.

Seviryn [Rekz]

in WvW

yzmar.3648

http://puu.sh/kZ7S9/38803ba88a.jpg
There are so many other ways to play this game other than stacking buffs & rushing faces. Take the time & read, theory craft how you could beat it. C’mon guys. Good fight though! Had a lot of fun!

in WvW

Freelancer.4526

I won’t argue this when the video will be posted soon. I went over it agian, if you legit think you had ~30, well, not much else to say.

Expect more off-the-wall strats coming from us in this expansion. It won’t be perfect early on, but we’re learning and we’re continually improve our defensive capabilities against the melee metas.

Good fights. Everyone’s emotions are high on your side so I understand the anger. Still respect you guys a lot. Later.

in WvW

Sadtv.9183

I won’t argue this when the video will be posted soon. I went over it agian, if you legit think you had ~30, well, not much else to say.

Expect more off-the-wall strats coming from us in this expansion. It won’t be perfect early on, but we’re learning and we’re continually improve our defensive capabilities against the melee metas.

Good fights. Everyone’s emotions are high on your side so I understand the anger. Still respect you guys a lot. Later.

Spamming siege is “off-the-wall strats”? Hasn’t that been a strat for like 3 years?

in WvW

Anxiety.6143

It’s NOT EVEN a melee meta. Melee meta is 2012-13.. It’s a Power Backline meta.. wow. More off the wall strats? You mean “On the wall strats” you’re probably gonna move your shield generators to the walls, by that statement.

[Rekz] Rally Bot

in WvW

Alex.9507

25 stacks of stability can’t get through 10 shield generators and a group of (at least semi-competent, I don’t doubt your guy’s intelligence) players dropping their own statics, fear marks, and walls. So then we’re fighting outnumbered in arrow cart fire, ballista fire and the SMC lord dropping knockdown meteors on us.

Doubling our numbers from 30 to 60 and charging in there and breaking everything through sheer brute force… that would probably work. But that’s no fun. That’s just mindless zerging. Hence the “giving zergs more tools as a substitute for skill”. That bothers me.

So yeah. You can call us toxic all you want. This cutesy “good fights” and “theory craft so you can beat it” and “well we had fun”… to me, that’s more toxic than outright hostility. Hiding behind siege then coming to the forum to mock us, derailing a thread that could’ve been about constructive discussion about shield generators turned into this nonsense.

And our roster has 39 max. We had 25 at the start of raid which dwindled to 20 towards the end. We had at most 10 or 15 pugs. We’ve been dealing with people not counting us properly for freakin’ 3 years. I’ll be the first to admit when we zerg someone down, and the first to correct you when you miscount us.

Seviryn [Rekz]

(edited by Alex.9507)

in WvW

Freelancer.4526

25 stacks of stability can’t get through 10 shield generators and a group of (at least semi-competent, I don’t doubt your guy’s intelligence) players dropping their own statics, fear marks, and walls. So then we’re fighting outnumbered in arrow cart fire, ballista fire and the SMC lord dropping knockdown meteors on us.

Doubling our numbers from 30 to 60 and charging in there and breaking everything through sheer brute force… that would probably work. But that’s no fun. That’s just mindless zerging. Hence the “giving zergs more tools as a substitute for skill”. That bothers me.

So yeah. You can call us toxic all you want. This cutesy “good fights” and “theory craft so you can beat it” and “well we had fun”… to me, that’s more toxic than outright hostility. Hiding behind siege then coming to the forum to mock us, derailing a thread that could’ve been about constructive discussion about shield generators turned into this nonsense.

And our roster has 39 max. We had 25 at the start of raid which dwindled to 20 towards the end. We had at most 10 or 15 pugs. We’ve been dealing with people not counting us properly for freakin’ 3 years.

Our “zerg” was a single TL incorporated squad, which we call the “garrison”. They develop and focus on countering melee trains. Granted there were a lot of pugs there as well freaking out that we somehow were holding SM for so long.

http://puu.sh/kZ3NN/cac65404c2.jpg

Screen from tonight (the video). This was the entire night until about 30ish min into you guys assaulting we decided to call in reinforcements. It was the moment you got on the second floor, we knew the garrison squad wasnt going to be enough. Subsequently we wiped you shortly after. That was simply catching your backend with boon-stirpping on the ramp when you least expected it. Look, I hear ya about Shield Gens, but I also know that we know the exact counter (in theory) to it, that you simply didn’t see at the time.

We’d love to have you guys do the same thing in the mid and have us try out counters to it.

in WvW

yzmar.3648

And our roster has 39 max. We had 25 at the start of raid which dwindled to 20 towards the end. We had at most 10 or 15 pugs. We’ve been dealing with people not counting us properly for freakin’ 3 years.

GOOD SIR, once more, here is a nice picture of our “blob” https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fpuu.sh%2FkZ3NN%2Fcac65404c2.jpg

We do not believe you are toxic, there is a huge mind set behind it, its quite simple actually. You guys are used to just easily rushing into groups & beating them, once faced with an actual group that can stand off on its own you guys (through kitting & wiping or using siege equipment that BELIEVE IT OR NOT, can actually be countered) have trouble, due to the time, instead of working on a strat, you guys complain. But like I said, its understandable, you guys aren’t toxic, mostly heated due to what just happened. We’re not here to make people hate us. I say we all break off, refresh & work on some strats to better ourselves as not only a server/guild but as people in society. It was a good fight, & we’re not saying that to be toxic, we just had a lot of fun tonight. Haha, we apologize if you took that wrong, but splitting off & posting 3 different forum posts about 1 group that can actually beat you, is questionable.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/A-rant-on-siege/first#post5666700
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Congratulations-ANet
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Shield-Generators-need-to-be-nerfed

Again, its quite simple, we’re here to have fun & make good times. No matter what side you take it from http://i.ytimg.com/vi/dTpceWUYQGg/maxresdefault.jpg https://i.ytimg.com/vi/szSwtPYQTxM/maxresdefault.jpg <—- That was funny. So instead of using your emotions towards rage & hate, redirect it & laugh about it, call it stupid a few times, break off & talk about it. Build different ways to & test it. You guys can easily beat it just put your minds together. Just because something changed, it doesn’t mean you cry about it, man up & fight. <3 Love you guys. Fun night, Good game. I’m off for the night. Goodnight!

in WvW

Anxiety.6143

GOOD SIR, once more, here is a nice picture of our “blob” https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fpuu.sh%2FkZ3NN%2Fcac65404c2.jpg

We do not believe you are toxic, there is a huge mind set behind it, its quite simple actually. You guys are used to just easily rushing into groups & beating them, once faced with an actual group that can stand off on its own you guys (through kitting & wiping or using siege equipment that BELIEVE IT OR NOT, can actually be countered) have trouble, due to the time, instead of working on a strat, you guys complain. But like I said, its understandable, you guys aren’t toxic, mostly heated due to what just happened. We’re not here to make people hate us. I say we all break off, refresh & work on some strats to better ourselves as not only a server/guild but as people in society. It was a good fight, & we’re not saying that to be toxic, we just had a lot of fun tonight. Haha, we apologize if you took that wrong, but splitting off & posting 3 different forum posts about 1 group that can actually beat you, is questionable.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/A-rant-on-siege/first#post5666700
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Congratulations-ANet
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Shield-Generators-need-to-be-nerfed

Again, its quite simple, we’re here to have fun & make good times. No matter what side you take it from http://i.ytimg.com/vi/dTpceWUYQGg/maxresdefault.jpg https://i.ytimg.com/vi/szSwtPYQTxM/maxresdefault.jpg <—- That was funny. So instead of using your emotions towards rage & hate, redirect it & laugh about it, call it stupid a few times, break off & talk about it. Build different ways to & test it. You guys can easily beat it just put your minds together. Just because something changed, it doesn’t mean you cry about it, man up & fight. <3 Love you guys. Fun night, Good game. I’m off for the night. Goodnight!

You’re closing statement is “man up and fight!” Ironically coming from someone bunkered down sitting on a shield generator… and lets get something straight.. you can not “beat us” practically ANet beat us, by adding stupid broken siege to the game that caters to your guilds mechanically lacking style by using it to bunker down with 30 people and 8 shield generators ~5 AC’s and 5 Ballista’s… if you want to “beat us” we can gladly set something up… stop saying you’re “fighting” cause.. you weren’t. You’re “siege” beat us.

Thanks

[Rekz] Rally Bot

(edited by Anxiety.6143)

in WvW

Freelancer.4526

You’re closing statement is “man up and fight!” Ironically coming from someone bunkered down sitting on a shield generator.

When we saw an opening, we engaged you on the second/third floor (no shield gens) and wiped you. We applied our rotations on your backline, it worked. You never came back after that.

We also engaged and routed you twice before with Os after chill-countering your initial pushes early on. We really need to get together and train together and talk about what worked and didn’t instead of simply kitten talking. My 2 cents.

in WvW

Anxiety.6143

You’re closing statement is “man up and fight!” Ironically coming from someone bunkered down sitting on a shield generator.

When we saw an opening, we engaged you on the second/third floor (no shield gens) and wiped you. We applied our rotations on your backline, it worked. You never came back after that.

We also engaged and routed you twice before with Os after chill-countering your initial pushes early on. We really need to get together and train together and talk about what worked and didn’t instead of simply kitten talking. My 2 cents.

What you considered as to “wiped us” was due to the fact we were trying to push and clear the Bazillion amounts of siege you had and lost a key person, that being the Raid Lead.. when he died, we were running up to 3rd floor to jump out and regroup… and oh.. we can get together alright, lets get together in Obsidian Sanctum you group called “Garrison” and our “Garrison” what ya say?

Numbers Talk:
https://youtu.be/F8TcktbIgb4

[Rekz] Rally Bot

(edited by Anxiety.6143)

in WvW

Sjonnar.1437

What you considered as to “wiped us” was due to the fact we were trying to push and clear the Bazillion amounts of siege you had and lost a key person, that being the Raid Lead.. when he died, we were running up to 3rd floor to jump out and regroup… and oh.. we can get together alright, lets get together in Obsidian Sanctum you group called “Garrison” and our “Garrison” what ya say?

Numbers Talk:

E-bushido honorable 1v1 at the arena!

in WvW

Freelancer.4526

Numbers Talk:

Not a single person said your guild had any certain number of players, 17, 20, 30, w/e. We said your ball was running with 30+ and then there were other pugs outside of that (likely trying to join in with you). Feel free to re-read our posts.

Again, to clarify. Rekt was not the only guild tag in your ball, at all.

You’re reaching really hard. Whisper me in-game Freelancer.4526 and let’s work on coordinating something in a positive way.

Good fights.

in WvW

Alex.9507

As a side note: Sjonnar, are you so behind the times that you don’t even know about when an ANet dev uttered that phrase in an attempt to interupt a GvG, that you’re attributing that quote said as a joke to me?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1nbm46/chris_whitesides_response_to_the_anet/

Get with the times, man.

Seviryn [Rekz]

in WvW

Posted by: Milksteak.8476

Milksteak.8476

Good thinking freelancer m9 *m8
We should set up a positive gvg m9 *m8
Let us know

Looking forward to hearing from you Freelancer m9 *m8

in WvW

Sjonnar.1437

As a side note: Sjonnar, are you so behind the times that you don’t even know about when an ANet dev uttered that phrase in an attempt to interupt a GvG, that you’re attributing that quote said as a joke to me?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1nbm46/chris_whitesides_response_to_the_anet/

Get with the times, man.

Yeah, you quoted it in your whinepost, so i’m attributing it to you. Confirming i’m way behind “the times”. I’ll be telling darned kids to get off my lawn any day now.

in WvW

Alex.9507

Well, that’s petty.

Seviryn [Rekz]

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

What paywall ?

I bought prints using WVW badges and used wood + mithril from synthesizers and salvage I get in WVW, bought tomes with spirit shards which came from playing WVW. I am now currently sitting on about 80ish superior shield generators. Didn’t pay a single copper. So what paywall ? W T F are you tripping on ? What paywall ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

What paywall ?

I bought prints using WVW badges and used wood + mithril from synthesizers and salvage I get in WVW, bought tomes with spirit shards which came from playing WVW. I am now currently sitting on about 80ish superior shield generators. Didn’t pay a single copper. So what paywall ? W T F are you tripping on ? What paywall ?

Shield Generators are not usable by players who don’t have HoT.
If you have only the Core Game, you can’t interact with the Generator.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Don’t you have anyone in your guild/server who also purchased HoT?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast