Siege of Sorrows

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

I’m sorry that your experience on SoS isn’t going well, Spell. I hope that you find another server that will make your WvW experience more enjoyable.

As for the situation with GoM, there are unfortunately only a handful of commanders left willing to pugmand, and many of them (like myself) are busy with school or other RL priorities.

However, whenever I get the chance to play GW2, I tag up. Playing WvW has always been a blast for me and this doesn’t change even if we’re outnumbered and outgunned.

It just means that we improvise, whether that means heavily sieging objectives, condensing our forces in the home BL, or backcapping – anything to keep the morale up and allow our allies to have fun.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I only played SoS for a few weeks but my experience is that they had a lot of seemingly newer players running sub-optimal builds. This actually seems to be the case for a lot of servers these days. Many of the old hard core players have left the game to be replaced with fewer less experienced players.

Maybe YB will be fun once again, there for some time, it was just a unfriendly place to be, and found myself hating to even run with the zerg. Hope we someday rebuild, and it becomes more friendly and more fun. Until then, I will just play something else. Transferring it pointless. With the linking system, who knows what is around the corner.

For the months that I was there, YB was one of the most cordial and friendly servers I have been on. Negative map chat was actively frowned on and fairly brief when it happened.

There is no “implosion”. We lost the alliance to TC, which I kinda think most people figured would happen sooner rather than later.

YB lost several of the “Alliance” guilds weeks before BG became dominant. As you said BG just had a massive influx of players which drove their blobbing over the top.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

What if all of mag moved to SoS?

You could say the opposite but Mag is full.

Exactly. See you guys soon when you transfer to SoS.

I’m on DR and the only way I’ll transfer is if Anet makes it free, lol.

So we need to start a " Free Father Fund"? XD

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Anet should do what Blizzard used to, free one-way transfers from certain high-pop servers to certain low-pop servers until the desired population counts were reached, and lock paid transfers back to the high-pop servers for a time.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Anet should do what Blizzard used to, free one-way transfers from certain high-pop servers to certain low-pop servers until the desired population counts were reached, and lock paid transfers back to the high-pop servers for a time.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Been suggested a few times, but doubt they’ll do it, even though it’s the easiest method to tempt players to move, just have to look at the free transfers they had for one of the tournaments to see how it worked out.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Why would someone transfer their account from a locked server when many people on locked servers already have alt accounts on lower populated servers? Many T1 guilds already have offers from lower tiers to have paid transfers. Not sure why anything thinks players would remove more valuable accounts to make their account lose value.

What happens when you lock top servers is the accounts on those servers become valuable and people sell them to anyone who wants to transfer there… Some accounts I have seen sell on other games for more than $5,000.

People don’t leave locked servers often due to knowing they can’t just go back if they are not having fun elsewhere.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Why would someone transfer their account from a locked server when many people on locked servers already have alt accounts on lower populated servers? Many T1 guilds already have offers from lower tiers to have paid transfers. Not sure why anything thinks players would remove more valuable accounts to make their account lose value.

What happens when you lock top servers is the accounts on those servers become valuable and people sell them to anyone who wants to transfer there… Some accounts I have seen sell on other games for more than $5,000.

People don’t leave locked servers often due to knowing they can’t just go back if they are not having fun elsewhere.

(scratches head)

Lets not offer free transfers cause people won’t move due to preserving the account sell value……

(rubs forehead)

Checking the nearest sales site I see 19 accounts for sale, 16 of them under 500, 9 of them under 100.

(pulls earlobe)

Even if the free transfers manages to pull 20-50 people off a loaded server to the bottom servers it would be a win, would be like pulling 1 queue line off a server.

While players have alts, sometimes it’s a pain having to give time to those other accounts, releveling, regearing, building masteries again. I did that for a while on an alt account, I got sick of not having all my masteries and fully geared characters, I just moved my main afterwards. There would be players willing to move I’m sure, it doesn’t have to be more than a 100 players moving to be worthwhile to do.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

(scratches head)

Lets not offer free transfers cause people won’t move due to preserving the account sell value……

(rubs forehead)

Checking the nearest sales site I see 19 accounts for sale, 16 of them under 500, 9 of them under 100.

(pulls earlobe)

Even if the free transfers manages to pull 20-50 people off a loaded server to the bottom servers it would be a win, would be like pulling 1 queue line off a server.

While players have alts, sometimes it’s a pain having to give time to those other accounts, releveling, regearing, building masteries again. I did that for a while on an alt account, I got sick of not having all my masteries and fully geared characters, I just moved my main afterwards. There would be players willing to move I’m sure, it doesn’t have to be more than a 100 players moving to be worthwhile to do.

You can offer them, but it won’t solve the problem or extend the games longevity. It is too little too late really. In reality, the low pop servers should not even be open in WvW anymore. That was why I suggested just making current servers PvE servers and instead create new WvW servers you join in addition so you can make as many or as few WvW servers as you need when you need them without disturbing the current mixed PvE/ WvW communities that have much time and money invested in their servers.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

Having been on YB/Mag/SoS, if you think SoS running siege during outnumbered NA/EU is bad, YB runs siege during regular hours, not outnumbered, and will open field it a lot more. Would you rather them not sieging and letting you Ktrain them for 16 hours of the day? SoS is the unofficial OCX server, if Mag has a problem with it, suck it up. Complaining about SoS’s OCX population is like SoS complaining about Mag’s NA/EU (but I don’t see them nagging about it on the forums). If Mag is what it is of the old days, just PPT for a week so you guys can go up. Cooperate with SBI if you have to, it’s not that hard. And stop stacking NA or getting all the WvW vets on one server. Complaining about not having other NA or experienced WvW opponents while doing that is like shooting yourself in the foot and blaming the gun.

FSP

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Transfers are what started the death of WvW in the first place. Stacking servers to blob to the top.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Transfers are what started the death of WvW in the first place. Stacking servers to blob to the top.

The alternative of players transferring when they are unhappy is to just leave when they are unhappy. Either transfer or leave the game. Transferring just ensures he game lasts longer, leaving means the game dies faster. The one thing players don’t do is continue playing where they are unhappy.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

I suppose too the dynamics are different with WoW and having a monthly subscription versus what we have in GW2. If you want an alt account in WoW, you’re going to have to pay monthly for it as well as your main account.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I suppose too the dynamics are different with WoW and having a monthly subscription versus what we have in GW2. If you want an alt account in WoW, you’re going to have to pay monthly for it as well as your main account.

Yes, and with no sub players can come back and leave as they wish without having to “use up their days left” or worry about how many accounts they have to pay for every month. Players should understand that even on WoW many players STILL had multiple accounts they were willing to pay subs for every month, on here it is a million times worse.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Isn’t selling your account a bannable offense? Or has anet given up on that entirely

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Isn’t selling your account a bannable offense? Or has anet given up on that entirely

Many things are bannable that players do and get away with anyways…

That is all games. All someone has to do is say " I moved". The end

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

SoS will have it’s day again, as it will always have a large casual OCX population.
The situation in NA/EU is unfortunate but T3 contains two other servers that are “broken” in other ways (SBI/CD has no organized guilds, just PuG blobs; Maguuma is losing a lot of guilds ATM, unwilling to push to change it’s situation) so it will likely to remain in that situation unless a large group of NA guilds transfer or they get a few more patient PuGmanders willing to rebuild.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I logged onto my second account today on SBI. Though it was day time, SoS seemed to have some dedicated players and a decent sized group of 10+. Though it was apparently in defending and their siege placement that they were dealing with new players. But they did have some numbers at least.

What worries me more is my old buds from all across the servers have mentioned gvg revival is coming back after Friday and guilds are talking. Not sure how it is going to turn out with a limited stock of wvw recruitment these days. SoS may benefit from it, though FA has a certain guild turning away good ones from my understanding.

I think this is where wvw falls short is that guilds don’t involve the entire server or have server meetings anymore. Those days are over and I think if servers got back to that sense of community things would get better. Maybe it really is the players faults. Who knows, it’s over now.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

If the leaked info is correct and SoS is teaming up with FC, which in my experience from right before the pairings indicated FC also had a decent amount of OCX coverage, then the SoS/FC capping during those hours will be that much more effective, making up for not as much NA prime coverage. Clearly, Anet is not looking at coverage hours on these pairings.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

If this GvG revival does happen, it will depend on what tier it happens in as to if it will hurt or help us. Most of the GvG guilds that once called SoS home have long since moved on either to other servers or other games. If that revival comes to T3, we’ll see the boost. If T2 once against becomes the “fight tier”…and I use that term VERY loosely knowing what T2 has become….then we will likely lose more.

SoS does in fact have a server meeting every week right before reset and all are welcome to attend. We’re doing what we can to continue the sense of community as best we can and extend that to all in the pairing. We still have a core group that continues to find ways to try and improve in whatever way we can, including recently open forum profession discussions to help players old and new learn where they might be able to improve gameplay and such. Our next one is actually this coming Saturday. And with the linkings changing about that time as well, whoever we are paired with at that time is welcome to join us for the discussions. The last one was actually pretty cool/enlightening. I understand the OP’s frustrations, but we ARE trying and that at least should be noted. There’s only so much we can accomplish when it seems everyone would rather cram themselves into T1/T2 at an accelerating rate.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t mind the gvg crowd, it’s cool that people still have hope and can get some fun outta wvw in a sense.

However, it’d be nice if we went back to the days where the pugs/roamers/players had respect and love for those guilds because you knew you could depend on them to help the server as a whole. I just don’t know what happened along the way where the game got toxic and guilds became elisits. That breaks communities and makes the game not fun for everyone.

I guess I’m converting to the “players” fault crowd now and seeing wvw in a different light.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

However, it’d be nice if we went back to the days where the pugs/roamers/players had respect and love for those guilds because you knew you could depend on them to help the server as a whole.

I just don’t know what happened along the way where the game got toxic and guilds became elitists. That breaks communities and makes the game not fun for everyone.

Because there’s a few that are “bad apples” for the community and that attitude seemed to spread over time, dunno guess the newer gvgers coming up thought it was cool to be a jerk. To gain respect you need to need give it, and some of them are filled with players who don’t care to.

I’ve seen a few that have gone from helping capture difficult structures, helping defend cause it always led to fights, to just zerg busting, then to taking it more seriously into gvging, and then turning into jerks and telling people to get off the bls, teq is up, making troll siege, chat spamming, telling scouts to shut up, etc. That toxicity spread to both sides of the fence.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

However, it’d be nice if we went back to the days where the pugs/roamers/players had respect and love for those guilds because you knew you could depend on them to help the server as a whole.

I just don’t know what happened along the way where the game got toxic and guilds became elitists. That breaks communities and makes the game not fun for everyone.

Because there’s a few that are “bad apples” for the community and that attitude seemed to spread over time, dunno guess the newer gvgers coming up thought it was cool to be a jerk. To gain respect you need to need give it, and some of them are filled with players who don’t care to.

I’ve seen a few that have gone from helping capture difficult structures, helping defend cause it always led to fights, to just zerg busting, then to taking it more seriously into gvging, and then turning into jerks and telling people to get off the bls, teq is up, making troll siege, chat spamming, telling scouts to shut up, etc. That toxicity spread to both sides of the fence.

I unfortunately was in many guilds like that, false callouts and getting people on the bl they wanted. It completely turned me off to zerg busting, gvg, and organized guilds. Hence why i just roam alone now.

I’ve said it before and say it again, servers need pugs. No matter how bad they are, you need them. Pugs are the heart and soul of wvw IMO.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

False callouts are definitely a fairly mean thing to do especially when it’s about getting your oversized guilds into EB (now seriously, why try to shove everyone in EB?)

I expect that thing from trolls from an enemy server, but from your own server tends to be pretty crap.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

I think fc and sos would work nicely together

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

SoS will have it’s day again, as it will always have a large casual OCX population.
The situation in NA/EU is unfortunate but T3 contains two other servers that are “broken” in other ways (SBI/CD has no organized guilds, just PuG blobs; Maguuma is losing a lot of guilds ATM, unwilling to push to change it’s situation) so it will likely to remain in that situation unless a large group of NA guilds transfer or they get a few more patient PuGmanders willing to rebuild.

what guilds did maguuma lose m8? can you name em? we lost 1. stop making stuff up please

Native Maguuman

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

what guilds did maguuma lose m8? can you name em? we lost 1. stop making stuff up please

Lmao, woah. You know that over reacting to something is a good way for people to see that you’re either lying or insecure?

Chill.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

MAG isn’t losing guilds, and is currently happy with their situation as far as I can tell. They will continue to get great fights from T2 and T3.

I would love to hear the names of those.. " Alot" of nonsense is more like it.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Lmao, woah. You know that over reacting to something is a good way for people to see that you’re either lying or insecure?

Chill.

Asking someone to “show me don’t tell me” isn’t an overreaction.

If they are going to talk out of their kitten, they need to at least have the kittens to back it up.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

MAG isn’t losing guilds, and is currently happy with their situation as far as I can tell. They will continue to get great fights from T2 and T3.

I would love to hear the names of those.. " Alot" of nonsense is more like it.

Didn’t KeK jump ship?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

We know Mag lost KEK. There was a rumor going around that VR was moving with them, but as I was involved in a scrim against them last night on SBI BL, I know that to be false. I also have heard of many offers being made to KILL, but T1 loves to throw money around as we all know, doesn’t mean they are accepted. Chris is probably working off the rumor that KEK/VR left Mag which I believe was posted on the cancer forums, of which we know only to be half true.

Edit: People also had been wondering where CCCP and TIE were as neither had been seen running the same numbers they used too, but I think we’ve started to see both guilds in larger numbers of late.

(edited by BOA smid.1783)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

sos is a great server we go hardcore even outnumbered, to the op saying its a bad dead server go transfer, we dont need people like you who wants an easy win,cause of server stack like mags . etc. etc

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Daggius.5091

Daggius.5091

There is no doubt that it has been a real struggle on SoS but there are some very good guilds and we like to fight. We don’t play all night and day but we don’t shy away from 3 – 1 odds. I open command whenever tagged up and have all the struggles listed above but I still have fun. I won’t shy away from Mag or SBI blobs and enjoy the fights you bring to us. And yes if it’s quiet or if I want to draw you out I’ll ppt too. I just figure it’s more fun not to overly complain or have a defeatist attitude. If you meet me and Rx on Thursdays we may be a bit tipsy or drunk so come join along. If you want to learn without being forced or yelled at we are open. We don’t usually run huge unless pugs join but we won’t usually run from you either even if we know it might just hurt a bit!

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

If SoS wasn’t so PPT try hard Mag would have moved up weeks ago to replace FA. That’s what happens when your ocx crew drains a bunch of glicko points. Mag doesn’t have that many PPT guilds, the majority of their players are more interested in fighting and having fun rather than avoiding your players to PvD.

Just look at the scores right now, SoS night crew is going hard in a match they can’t win and Mag is losing 8 glicko points because of it. You are killing yourselves.

Mag doesn’t have ANY PPT guilds. When SoS takes a tower, it’s immediately covered in siege and has a couple scouts watching it. When Mag takes a tower, supply is drained and everyone goes running towards the closest OJs.

The best thing SoS and SBI could do right now is just tank for a week to let Mag move up. With any luck Mag would get replaced with a like-minded siege humper server.

Osu

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’ve been on I think about 10 servers now.

That sums up your problem in a nutshell.

You don’t want to try and build anything, but would rather bandwagon or server hop and just expect things to be magically better at the next place.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

One thing SoS will never do is tank. We play to play whatever the outcome. And I’m not sure what timezone you are talking about, but I’ve never seen that playstyle from SoS. We take things and move on. If people want to be trolly and try to farm someone they might exhibit the behavior you mention, or if it’s our own BL and people want to try to get upgrades to take. But on enemy BLs, no one is going to respond to defend something on an enemy BL unless it’s a guild looking for a fight.

You fail to understand that whoever takes Mag’s place will have just as much a population discrepancy as we face now. The outnumbered buff will still exist and we’ll still be fighting the same uphill battle. You want outta the tier, get there yourself. No one is going to give it to you.

(edited by BOA smid.1783)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

One thing SoS will never do is tank. We play to play whatever the outcome. And I’m not sure what timezone you are talking about, but I’ve never seen that playstyle from SoS. We take things and move on. If people want to be trolly and try to farm someone they might exhibit the behavior you mention, or if it’s our own BL and people want to try to get upgrades to take. But on enemy BLs, no one is going to respond to defend something on an enemy BL unless it’s a guild looking for a fight.

You fail to understand that whoever takes Mag’s place will have just as much a population discrepancy as we face now. The outnumbered buff will still exist and we’ll still be fighting the same uphill battle. You want outta the tier, get there yourself. No one is going to give it to you.

Exactly…Mag needs to quit letting SBI PPT them, too, if they want to move up, it’s not just SoS. In fact, it looks like SBI will come out ahead of SoS this week by about 10k points.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

If SoS wasn’t so PPT try hard Mag would have moved up weeks ago to replace FA. That’s what happens when your ocx crew drains a bunch of glicko points. Mag doesn’t have that many PPT guilds, the majority of their players are more interested in fighting and having fun rather than avoiding your players to PvD.

Just look at the scores right now, SoS night crew is going hard in a match they can’t win and Mag is losing 8 glicko points because of it. You are killing yourselves.

Mag doesn’t have ANY PPT guilds. When SoS takes a tower, it’s immediately covered in siege and has a couple scouts watching it. When Mag takes a tower, supply is drained and everyone goes running towards the closest OJs.

The best thing SoS and SBI could do right now is just tank for a week to let Mag move up. With any luck Mag would get replaced with a like-minded siege humper server.

Most of the day, if SoS leaves two scouts in a tower they just decreased their fighting force by about 20%

And tanking? Not even sure what to say about that. Most I see don’t care about PPT. We lose every week anyway. We do care about holding our corner and BLs though (I actually don’t care about bl either unless we have a good fight lined up there)

Typically SoS is asleep while mag and sbi are awake. When SoS wakes up mag and sbi start to slow down. It’s not rocket science. If you flipped SoS coverage we’d have a fun matchup. If you move SoS to tier 4 it would bounce back to tier 3. Same with mag and tier 2 unless they get more OCX/SEA

Much of the day in my timezone, SoS is mostly a tagless group of roamers and scouts…ridiculously outnumbered. It’s hard to imagine other servers actually crying over that besides the lack of fights. At least things will get mixed up a little tonight.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

We know Mag lost KEK. There was a rumor going around that VR was moving with them, but as I was involved in a scrim against them last night on SBI BL, I know that to be false. I also have heard of many offers being made to KILL, but T1 loves to throw money around as we all know, doesn’t mean they are accepted. Chris is probably working off the rumor that KEK/VR left Mag which I believe was posted on the cancer forums, of which we know only to be half true.

Edit: People also had been wondering where CCCP and TIE were as neither had been seen running the same numbers they used too, but I think we’ve started to see both guilds in larger numbers of late.

[Kill] Always has offers, that doesn’t mean anything. We play where want to and are happy where we are at currently. As usual, people are just talking about things they know nothing about.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Exactly…Mag needs to quit letting SBI PPT them, too, if they want to move up, it’s not just SoS. In fact, it looks like SBI will come out ahead of SoS this week by about 10k points.

Mag isn’t going to stay up past bed time to stop them from PvD. If they are going to PvD, no one is going to care if it is 4 am. LOL

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

Mag isn’t going to stay up past bed time to stop them from PvD. If they are going to PvD, no one is going to care if it is 4 am. LOL

And yet we’re supposed to tank to let you move to a tier that you can’t stay in because you won’t put the effort in to get there. Sure makes sense to me. I know it wasn’t you that said it….but that’s kinda the rationale in the end isn’kitten People will play how they want when they want and if no one is there to stop them, it is what it is…right?

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

And yet we’re supposed to tank to let you move to a tier that you can’t stay in because you won’t put the effort in to get there. Sure makes sense to me. I know it wasn’t you that said it….but that’s kinda the rationale in the end isn’kitten People will play how they want when they want and if no one is there to stop them, it is what it is…right?

I didn’t ask you to tank. If you guys are tired of fighting us, what you do is up to you. I don’t see it getting better for you guys no matter who drops down when we move up as this tier is not balanced.. I don’t think any NA tier is balanced atm from looking at the scores. EU servers seem a bit more even, but the way they have been doing the NA pairings, I don’t see it resolved either unless they completely change how they are choosing to link servers.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

BOA smid.1783

Like I said…I know it wasn’t you who said it. But the rationale still stands. And no tier is balanced like you stated. We drop down, we’d be too big for T4 most likely. Same place as before all this started…and nothing done to fix it. Linking has done little to solve the problems that existed…just gave T1 more places to fit people.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Like I said…I know it wasn’t you who said it. But the rationale still stands. And no tier is balanced like you stated. We drop down, we’d be too big for T4 most likely. Same place as before all this started…and nothing done to fix it. Linking has done little to solve the problems that existed…just gave T1 more places to fit people.

I agree. They are not viewing pairings as way to balance servers out and are still using rank as a determine factor , not how many hours played on each sever and what time they are played. if they used how many hours played and when then paired servers who lacking coverage during those times together and not paired the heaviest coveraged servers at all, and pairing as many as it takes to balance others, they could have competitive match and make WvW more entertaining. As is, most pairings are not even noticeable to the larger server they are paired with as it is not a significant enough impact to notice anything other than a few new people running around. here and there.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve been on I think about 10 servers now.

That sums up your problem in a nutshell.

You don’t want to try and build anything, but would rather bandwagon or server hop and just expect things to be magically better at the next place.

Wahah, no.

There was someone on a different thread who was talking about how often he moves and we share very similar opinions. We go where we have the most fun.

I contribute as much as a single guildless person can and often times I’m complimented on my scouting and defending. Being on SoS, this is the first time I haven’t contributed much of anything because I haven’t found it worth it.

Just because I’m having one bad experience doesn’t mean all the other times were. It just means I want to keep my interest alive so I move to different communities to meet new people and experience different cultures.

I’m a wanderer and I’m happy with how many friends I’ve made through out my journeys.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

From my understanding in talking with gvg oriented ole friends, KeK is a major factor in where the gvg guilds end up. KeK is on JQ right now I think? T2. I don’t pay attention like I use to but I’m thinking T2 (DB, JQ, and FA) are the new cool kids in town soon. I do know a guild on SoS is moving soon, who is doing very well in the gvg, up to T2. Other than that I guess we’ll see after the server linking reset.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

Mag doesn’t have ANY PPT guilds.

KILL is a PPT guild.

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

Forgive Anet for not studying enough before they did this server linking,what i meant is some server is were times they usually on, if only they study each servers active time zones im sure it will balance everything , and if that happens every people on these servers will stay loyal .

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Indeed. Whether or not SoS or SBI gets last place is already so uninteresting it’s not worth mentioning so falling asleep isn’t uncalled for.

It’s like we’re all walking and doing whatever then you hear these people coming up from behind, all out of breath, and running as fast as they can so they can so they can pass us… except we weren’t even racing to begin with. Naturally the first response is “Dude, you’re killing yourself! Are you okay?” Granted, I say this about people on my own server.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

I don’t believe any server could be worse than yaksarrowbend when it comes to siege. Dunno the current state of SoS, just know a lot of good people left it like a year ago. Is Rx still around?

SoS is like a mini, less organized YB. I’m pretty sure I snapped a screen shot of 6 of their “roamers” building a bali to hit me because I kept killing them out in the open field in front of bay when they would try to gank me in groups of 2-4. Most of the time you can get a handful of fights and if they can’t take you with shear numbers they will avoid you and back cap.

Honestly their biggest problem is they have lost all their fair weathers and are outnumbered the majority of the day, but they still have this try hard ocx crew that PvD’s everything and won’t let them drop a tier so they can find fights they actually stand a chance in. If they weren’t getting rofl stomped 20 hours out of the day they could rebuild their community.

My advice is they need to stop focusing on PPT and start focusing on fighting and having fun. Other wise they will keep losing guilds and fair weathers won’t be logging on.

Credit where credit is due, YB siege placement is incredibly organized. It annoys me like it annoys everybody else, but they really are good at it. Good at supply traps, too.

Hyade and his flamethrower

Siege of Sorrows

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

YB is annoying yes, but it’s what makes wvw great.

There’s little server identity or style of play left in this game.