Skirmish Reward Chest changes..

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

I’d say, because of people like me.
If there was no weekly cap I’d struggle to do anything but WvW even when I’m not in the mood for WvW “just cuz Shinies!”, “gotta get most possible tickets!!”, and that is not healthy gaming. Now I hit the cap and don’t feel “obligated” to do more WvW that week and can focus on other things in the game that I enjoy more at that time. Sure, it can be WvW, but that’s not always what I feel like doing, all the time. I really hope the cap goes back in, if it’s increased though that is perfectly fine, but there has to be a cap.

Wait a minute! A cap is a good idea because otherwise you could not stop playing? Seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

no more Ticket cap , i just got 14 tickets on the first Diamond Chest after finishing diamond tier.

This is unintended. There is supposed to be a weekly ticket cap and we will be fixing this.

Please consider leaving it as is, wvw is really fun again. I want to be rewarded for the amount of time I spend in a game mode. Thank you.

The main reward for playing a game mode is called “fun”.

Real-WvW-players do it for fun (and not for tickets).

in WvW

Posted by: Woof.1950

Woof.1950

Please, don’t change it, it actually feels more rewarding for us, WvWers

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Needs the cap back on it or Imma be beastly. rawr

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Well someone had to spoil the fun I guess! To Bad I enjoyed my extra tickets for all my time in WvW lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

So finally able to log in.. The chests did not reset.

This means my friend that completed Diamond before the patch, “lost out” on 190 Tickets compared to someone that starts doing the chests now.
I completed Mithril 4 already, meaning I’ve “lost out” on the 52 tickets I would’ve gotten from the first 4 Mithril ones, on top of the 92 Ticket increase from completing Wood → Platinum.. That’s 144 Tickets.. But I’ll still get 46 tickets more than my friend.

This is unfair all over the place.. Whose bright idea was it to implement the chest change in the middle of the week instead of at reset night? And how will this be “fixed”? Just let it remain unfair all across the board?

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

This means my friend that completed Diamond before the patch, “lost out” on 190 Tickets compared to someone that starts doing the chests now.
I completed Mithril 4 already, meaning I’ve “lost out” on the 52 tickets I would’ve gotten from the first 4 Mithril ones, on top of the 92 Ticket increase from completing Wood -> Platinum.. That’s 144 Tickets.. But I’ll still get 46 tickets more than my friend.

This is unfair all over the place.. Whose bright idea was it to implement the chest change in the middle of the week instead of at reset night? And how will this be “fixed”? Just let it remain unfair all across the board?

It’s one week…..

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If you have to keep the cap why not at least raise it some? 500 a week is fairly reasonable, allows dedicated players to earn their rewards significantly quicker while still mainly rewarding veteran players (since you’ll need those bonus pips to have a chance at reaching anything close to 500 tickets in reasonable playtimes), and it also doesn’t trivialize it and allow you to earn it in just a few weeks. Its less than twice as fast as currently, but still rewards people who put extra time into WvW

in WvW

Najten.2418

I completed Mithril 4 already, meaning I’ve “lost out” on the 52 tickets I would’ve gotten from the first 4 Mithril ones, on top of the 92 Ticket increase from completing Wood -> Platinum.. That’s 144 Tickets.. But I’ll still get 46 tickets more than my friend.

It’s one week…..

It’s still an extra week+ of tickets for some… and nothing for others.
It’s a terrible decision to implement a change like this mid week and that needs to be called out, if nothing else with the hopes that NEXT time they will THINK before doing something like this again.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

It’s one week…..

It’s a terrible decision to implement a change like this mid week and that needs to be called out, if nothing else with the hopes that NEXT time they will THINK before doing something like this again.

And that would be great, but patches are always on tuesdays. Everyone knows this. And when they got fixed an issue on a Friday, people RAGED.

My point is, there IS no good time.

I just don’t think this is worth the vitriol some are dishing out. I was into diamond chest when this hit, so yeah, I am potentially missing out on upwards of 150 tickets. But it’s not worth my frustration.

OTHER things in the game are. This isn’t. That’s all.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

If you have to keep the cap why not at least raise it some? 500 a week is fairly reasonable, allows dedicated players to earn their rewards significantly quicker while still mainly rewarding veteran players (since you’ll need those bonus pips to have a chance at reaching anything close to 500 tickets in reasonable playtimes), and it also doesn’t trivialize it and allow you to earn it in just a few weeks. Its less than twice as fast as currently, but still rewards people who put extra time into WvW

They have raised it from 175 to 360 ish. I think that is more that fair. It’s more than double what it was. And 500 would be three times as much as previous. (Or close)

in WvW

Posted by: Drinks.2361

Drinks.2361

I don’t think we really need the cap on the weekly tickets, it just causes WvW activity to frontload in the week. People are already finishing the legendary back & it’s not like the legendary armour upgrade is a prestige skin. Most that will end up getting it already have multiple sets of ascended gear, we only really want it to try new builds cheaply & compact our bags.

So I run with an active WvW focused guild, fighting as a properly comped group is an entirely different experience compared with hearding the zerg. Pugmanding can get very frustrating, you can pretty much count on slower movements, less support, & a tail that will continuously be picked off it you don’t keep turning back for them. The ticket cap just makes our high rank experienced players less likely to get in the server teamspeak & lead the pugs outside of our closed guild raids.

Popular regular commanders are what gets new players hooked on WvW & I don’t think things that reduce their activity is particularly good for the game mode.

in WvW

Najten.2418

It’s one week…..

And that would be great, but patches are always on tuesdays. Everyone knows this. And when they got fixed an issue on a Friday, people RAGED.

My point is, there IS no good time.

I just don’t think this is worth the vitriol some are dishing out. I was into diamond chest when this hit, so yeah, I am potentially missing out on upwards of 150 tickets. But it’s not worth my frustration.

OTHER things in the game are. This isn’t. That’s all.

Actually, the only good time to change rewards from something that resets on a weekly basis is on reset night.. and I would much rather have a tiny extra patch on Friday than this bs. Besides, WvW:ers rage every time they patch something that kicks them out of WvW. It doesn’t really matter what bloody day it is, any tiny bugfix that forces a restart at 4 am will make people QQ, so I don’t feel it’s much of a reason to do something this thoughtless.
And yes, people knew the patch was hitting Tuesday, which is why I’m assuming quite a few people rushed to finish their chests (since they reset last time WvW was patched on a Tuesday).

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

So anyone who reached Platinum and above before Tuesday’s patch loses out on tickets for the rest of the match?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Please, you don’t need to hook up a week to week drip feed for those who play WvW

We’re not here to milk the rewards, we’re playing the mode for fun

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

I really thought this was a good change then I realized it was unintended. It is kind of silly that your reward for being a veteran in WvW is being able to quit the week early.

in WvW

Posted by: mwobey.6702

mwobey.6702

Fixed a bug in which the WvW Skirmish track diamond division was giving out skirmish tickets when it was repeated.

It’s a shame that got “fixed” next day, but catapults remain disabled because of a bug. It might have been a bit of a political misstep given the general mood of this thread, since it feeds the “WvW quality of life isn’t prioritized” fires that are constantly derailing threads in this forum.

in WvW

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

no more Ticket cap , i just got 14 tickets on the first Diamond Chest after finishing diamond tier.

This is unintended. There is supposed to be a weekly ticket cap and we will be fixing this.

Ok great you fixed something people didn’t want to be fixed. Now will you give me my missing 20 tickets seeing as how I was at reward 6 of 6 Diamond or are you trying to tell me that losing tickets was “intended” which I’m pretty sure no one would be happy about…. >_<

(edited by CaboSoul.1204)

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

No, leave it. Timegating is lame.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: nORRO.2780

nORRO.2780

The fact that the tickets were repeatable was a good thing imo.

Otherwise there will be people, myself included, that will binge the pips in 2 days or less and then not set foot in WvW again till the next week.

We had ques on most maps (Desolation) and people playing, but now theres 1 que of 25 people, and the other maps are dead.

Why not make it repeatable but with less tickets? the gamemode would fill up with players, PvP have repeatable, so why not us?

The “bug” that gave WvWers the chance to get repeatable reward tickets has now made it so the legendary armor take 45 weeks to complete.

45 Weeks, are you mental?! add the backpeice and youre looking at a years worth of constant wvw play to get both.

Grandmaster Belial
[vE] – Eternal Invictus – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

they should have left them repeatable until Friday imo to compensate those that had got higher tiers earlier in the week but hay ho

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

But until they fix the bug you’ll be able to repeat diamond which ppl who don’t get there before the fix won’t be able to do. If not for the bug I would sort of see the point. I still don’t think it would be a big deal but I do understand that some ppl want to be the ‘first’ to get things and it isn’t surprising that those ppl would gravitate towards a competitive game mode so okay, this should have been an expected reaction to the patch . . .

But since there is the bug, who cares . . ?

Well, since they were VERY quick to patch it out, that opportunity to grind out Anet’s mistake is gone.

They should have left the repeating rewards in place until Friday’s reset. There’s lots of kittened off, dedicated WvW players now.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Hey I don’t mind the weekly cap, but if you are gonna increase it midweek then let diamond repeatable give tickets until the cap is reached! There are many players who finished already and they are missing out. By playing so much already, they are the most dedicated, so to say. You are literally hurting the people who are most dedicated!

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

I didnt even hit the cap now I am getting nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why i can’t get more tickets? I surely didn’t get that 360 yet.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Why i can’t get more tickets? I surely didn’t get that 360 yet.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Anet cares about being fair… Those who finished ahead of the patch schedule are and will remain shortchanged. And there will be those who will chime in and say it’s only a week. But a week more of this boring grind to get more tickets? Whatever happened to GW2 not being a grindfest? That seems to never materialize.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I do support having the idea of having extra tickets from repeatable Diamond chests, I suspect it’s not going to happen. The tickets are the primary time-gated component of WvW Legendary armor; PvP has the Ascended Shards (which are only obtainable during Seasons), and raids are gated behind Magnetite Shards and (to a lesser extent) Provisioner Tokens. Removing the weekly cap would make WvW the fastest way to get Legendary armor, and I think that wouldn’t be fair to the other two modes.

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Ah……….

The patch hit when i was at 873 tickets just 2 tickets short of the last back item((

in WvW

Posted by: Dioxin.7892

Dioxin.7892

What about the players who’s already finished the whole week’s rewards. Are they gonna get those 175 missing pips?

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

I was half way thru diamond when patch hit so I missed on like 120-ish tickets…..

God I do not understand anet and their desire to time gate kitten so hard in this game……

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

RIP. 514/700 tickets. Until next week, T3 back piece!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

SMH….
-They buff the total going forward to 365
-They buff decay so you know what and when you lose participation
-They buff pips per tick so you get tickets faster
-They spread tickets out in each chest so if you don’t complete a tier you still get tickets

And most of this thread is people QQ’ing about a portion of one week?

For a population that doesn’t care about rewards?

It’s really funny… SMH

Oh.. full disclosure? I was on the first chest in diamond when the patch hit, so I ‘lost out’ on over 100 tickets.

in WvW

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

SMH….
-They spread tickets out in each chest so if you don’t complete a tier you still get tickets

It’s really funny… SMH

Oh.. full disclosure? I was on the first chest in diamond when the patch hit, so I ‘lost out’ on over 100 tickets.

Please don’t lump us all together. I care about rewards. Every day I do the Auric Basin event cuz I get 6 gold out of it. Do you know what I did yesterday, I did extra events to get the gold back that I missed due to not being able to play on Tuesday. I might be a WvW player but I care about rewards, not all of us don’t care about rewards.

And as for the “QQ’ing” I feel the right to do so. For the first time I try to get Diamond (I always get Platinum) and instead of getting 175 tickets I got 155 tickets. I don’t give a crap about the other 190 tickets what I want is my missing 20 tickets. They made a mistake and not me. They fixed the missing ticket cap that hardly anyone wanted to get fixed because it was “unintended” but giving us our missing tickets heeeeeelllllll nooooo. Why? Because losing tickets is “intended”? So yeah I’ll QQ all I want. They need to fix that cuz I’m pretty sure it was “unintended” just like the missing ticket cap which they did fix as fast as possible.

(edited by CaboSoul.1204)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

SMH….

It’s really funny… SMH

Please don’t lump us all together. I care about rewards. Every day I do the Auric Basin event cuz I get 6 gold out of it. Do you know what I did yesterday, I did extra events to get the gold back that I missed due to not being able to play on Tuesday. I might be a WvW player but I care about rewards, not all of us don’t care about rewards.

And as for the “QQ’ing” I feel the right to do so. For the first time I try to get Diamond (I always get Platinum) and instead of getting 175 tickets I got 155 tickets. I don’t give a crap about the other 190 tickets what I want is my missing 20 tickets. They made a mistake and not me. They fixed the missing ticket cap that hardly anyone wanted to get fixed because it was “unintended” but giving us our missing tickets heeeeeelllllll nooooo. Why? Because losing tickets is “intended”? So yeah I’ll QQ all I want. They need to fix that cuz I’m pretty sure it was “unintended” just like missing the ticket cap which they did fix as fast as possible.

My apologies. Wasn’t trying to lump everyone together. Just detailing the general theme of concerns here.

The part I didn’t detail here is that there was/is no good time for EVERYONE to make this change. Match change time would infuriate reset players, mid week would/did cost people tickets.

What is lost in this? That they greatly buffed the ticket acquisition process. For those that want the rewards, they WILL get them faster.

So one week.., one week…

Last week we got half of the tickets we get next week. Take a deep breath people…

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpology.6234

Pimpology.6234

Please consider leaving it as is, wvw is really fun again. I want to be rewarded for the amount of time I spend in a game mode. Thank you.

The main reward for playing a game mode is called “fun”.

Real-WvW-players do it for fun (and not for tickets).

“Real wvw players” well call them “hardcores”(but i have another name for them) do it cause they like fighting plain and simple. They like to boast about how they almost had that guy… “almost” (meaning they failed at killing them. /facepalm) And then continue to talk about how great they are. These hardcores are so addicted that when they say “get out of the aoe”/ “get back”, they really mean “push to the gate” and then yell and scream and throw tantrums when the squad actually does what they said and not what they meant. So even if they’re on a losing server its even better because they like power-trips, and they can rip everyone a new one.

Basically with this change by the end of the week Hardcores can go back to screaming and yelling at each other while casuals can do other things they actually enjoy, instead of grinding all week in hell with immature grown adults to barely finish diamond in time if at all.

I use to wvw a lot before my internetz slowed to almost nothing. What happened to WvW players, never use to be this bad. Salty PvP’ers are much, much better.

(edited by Pimpology.6234)

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpology.6234

Pimpology.6234

True it does seem to be poor implementation for what you mentioned above , but nobody is perfect and life ISN’T fair. buck up, you get tons more tickets now and it was just a couple days.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Because Anet doesn’t make grindy games without time gated content.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

the entire setup need revamping. the fact you are punishing newer players so heavily with a 18ticks per update vs. a 2-4 ticks per update is completely wackadoodle and should be course for changes, as it is extremely disheartening for anyone but the very few old once.

in WvW

Nyx.6532

wish they would go back to the roots of what made GW2 so popular to delve into in the first place NO GRINDING for maximum efficiency.
you needed under 1 week and you had maxed out your stats, from here it was simply just enjoy yourself with the gameplay you like.
returning to the game all i see is “Grind this, then GRind This, then GRInd this, now GRINd this, GRIIIIIND or you will be suboptimal stats wise”…

it is truly a horrific change imho :/

edit: not only that, after you done all, or some, of the grinding you now need to run through DPS meters, and use addon tools etc. BS to maximize the numbers so you can perform at the efficiency needed to be “allowed” to join all the content…
which is only made worse by how horrificly badly the different builds are balanced up against each other (some are a complete joke and don’t stand a chance in hell vs. others which are ridiculessly strong and running anything else is a joke)

(edited by Nyx.6532)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

wish they would go back to the roots of what made GW2 so popular to delve into in the first place NO GRINDING for maximum efficiency.
you needed under 1 week and you had maxed out your stats, from here it was simply just enjoy yourself with the gameplay you like.
returning to the game all i see is “Grind this, then GRind This, then GRInd this, now GRINd this, GRIIIIIND or you will be suboptimal stats wise”…

edit: not only that, after you done all, or some, of the grinding you now need to run through DPS meters, and use addon tools etc. BS to maximize the numbers so you can perform at the efficiency needed to be “allowed” to join all the content…
which is only made worse by how horrificly badly the different builds are balanced up against each other (some are a complete joke and don’t stand a chance in hell vs. others which are ridiculessly strong and running anything else is a joke)

So… this is required for good gameplay? The back piece is a skin. It’s faster and easier within WvW to get multiple ascended back pieces, and the legendary is a skin.

The legendary armor is a lot more money than the ascended armor.

This is only Grindy if you choose it.

You still are choosing to play it or not. So… to get the skin, grind it. It isn’t needed so… no grind required.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Yup. This is not the game I bought almost 5 years ago and the moment I find an RvR game I like, with no subscription? I’ll be there.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Nyx.6532

So… this is required for good gameplay? The back piece is a skin. It’s faster and easier within WvW to get multiple ascended back pieces, and the legendary is a skin.

The legendary armor is a lot more money than the ascended armor.

This is only Grindy if you choose it.

You still are choosing to play it or not. So… to get the skin, grind it. It isn’t needed so… no grind required.

as returning or new player it is going to take you quite a while to get 2 crafts to 500, then get roughly 1.000 gold together to get full ascended gear, or alternatively time gated with content you dislike but are now forced to participated in at every x interval.

as a old player you wouldn’t understand it as you would never really have felt the Grind aspect as it was simply rewards for just doing what you enjoyed and then adding content that used the already gained reward. (also don’t forget old players have a far easier time gaining something compared to new or returning due to 300% magic find and in WvW insane PiP rates, as well as very long time to accumolated the wealth to not care about it. as well as the games extreme lack of basic information giving a big edge to people who already got their wiki course on gw2 )
but when you work towards finishing these specific things, just so you can max out the stats it is far more like work than fun enjoyment ^^

forcing even more “needless” grind, which was already done once by masteries, i see as a step in the wrong direction.
all imo ofc ^^

(edited by Nyx.6532)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

It still isn’t a required grind. I think it’s disingenuous to say it is.

Btw? My ascended back pieces cost me no in game gold, and just normal time in WvW. Without Pips.

in WvW

Posted by: Demonftw.4705

Demonftw.4705

Did they also change the amount of mystic coins you get from the reward chests? You can only get it from the gold chest now.. is this a feature or a bug?

Muuuhhh mystics coins