Small Roaming Group Help

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

Q:

Hello,

The Guild I’m In has recently started going In Wv3, five of us normally roam together, take supply camps and have fun. My problem Is that I’m not sure what profession would be best for me to use In our group.
We have 2x Ele’s; D/D & S/D, 1x Guard and 1x Warrior. I have three level 80 professions, they are Mesmer, Ele and Guardian. My Ele Is my PvE “main” so I’d rather use one of the other two so that I can log on them and their all geared up and ready (rather than reset traits and re-gear, like I’d have to do on my Ele)

I was thinking since we don’t have one that maybe Mesmer would be a good Idea. I enjoy the profession and It would allow me to use the character more often. I wouldn’t know a good small roaming build to use though.

If anyone Is willing to give advice, It would be much appreciated.

(edited by Autumn.8043)

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Mesmer or Guardian would be cool for a roaming group. You can never have too many Gaurdians in WvW

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Guardian is a strong dueler but way too slow. If it doesn’t bother you, play it.

I’d just go Warrior and troll people.

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ve yet to die to a guard or warrior on my mesmer in a 1v1 situation (just saying ) and there’s so many utilities you can use in small groups as a mesmer, including tower ninjas.

I also spend 90% of my WvW time solo roaming/camp flipping/scouting. Mesmer is really resilient in small group play, and I find it tons of fun in big open field battles too.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

Guardian, Ele, Mesmer. Having those three would be beneficial. As far as the rest of the group, that’s up to how you want to play. You have the guardian for boons, the ele for speed and healing, and the mesmer for tricky things. I would say add a necro for their boon stripping and conditions, but I’m partial to those.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I would say Mesmer if your group is actually set up in a group play (build to support each other, not 5 1v1 builds running in close proximity to each other). With your group comp you already can bring damage, CC, and condition clears. A mesmer can add in veil, mass invis, portal and time warp. A mesmer in small group fight can also be great help as a “force multiplier” soaking up AoE damage/CC and such with their clones and general confusion(not the condition) no matter the spec.

[DONE]

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

If you want to maximize your potential, stacking guardians is never wrong. Roaming in WvW is about sustainability, and guardians provide the best party-wide sustainability atm. If you are looking at pure 5v5 teams, stacking guardians and warriors is the way to do it in this meta.

I never really understood the appeal in playing something you dislike simply because it has the most potential though, so if you like mesmer better then I would suggest playing it. Try a shatter build with Prismatic Understanding. They are quite easy to play and have a high pay-off as well.

Good luck.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

(edited by Gab Superstar.4059)

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

Hello, I just made a video trying to demonstrate the strength of a +1700 healing Guardian with 30 second tome of courage from the elite focus trait in small group WvW playing with high dps teammates, it’s working very well for us and hopefully you find the vid helpful or interesting.

I always group with Mesmers, I believe Guard/Mesmer are the 2 most important classes, mass invis is very important, I made a thread on the Guardian forum explaining how the Guardian style works with a small group that’s linked in my description.

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Another Guardian will still add much to the group.

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Run what you have fun playing, I ran a necro and three mes groups yesterday. It was sick.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Hello,

The Guild I’m In has recently started going In Wv3, five of us normally roam together, take supply camps and have fun. My problem Is that I’m not sure what profession would be best for me to use In our group.
We have 2x Ele’s; D/D & S/D, 1x Guard and 1x Warrior. I have three level 80 professions, they are Mesmer, Ele and Guardian. My Ele Is my PvE “main” so I’d rather use one of the other two so that I can log on them and their all geared up and ready (rather than reset traits and re-gear, like I’d have to do on my Ele)

I was thinking since we don’t have one that maybe Mesmer would be a good Idea. I enjoy the profession and It would allow me to use the character more often. I wouldn’t know a good small roaming build to use though.

If anyone Is willing to give advise, It would be much appreciated.

Hey there, I have been roaming for months, and played ele, thief, warr, guardian, mesmer, engineer there. Out of ele, guardian and mesmer, I’d choose guardian.
Don’t run conventional builds such as GS/staff shouts.

Run something like hammer or sword-shield /greatsword. Take a trait line 0-20-30-20-0 and trait meditations. Use [Prayer to Dwayna] if you’re human, else [Shelter], utilities [Judge’s Intervention], [Smite Condition] and [Contemplation of Purity]. Elite [Renewed Focus].

The gear I run is:
Armour: Knight + Soldier crest
Trinkets: Soldier + Exquisite Ruby Jewel
Weapons:

• GS – Soldier + Sigil of Superior Fire
  • Sword – Knight + Sapphire orb
  • Focus – Cleric + Sapphire orb
  • Hammer – Berserker + Sigil of Superior Rage

You’ll be an elite tank with decent damage, and a large ability at gap closing. Also will allow you to heal through meditations and if you decide to take hammer, you’ll have decent CC for group support.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Small Roaming Group Help

in WvW

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

Thanks for all the help guys

I’ve decided to run Mesmer, I feel the group could use the utility.
Would the Blackwater build be good to use In our small group?