Small update

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So nothing on free transfers and if anything the culling is getting worse.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: StarsOverStars.2356

StarsOverStars.2356

Are there plans for changing the way the commander works? I don’t expect something specific, just a simple answer would be great.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well you can start merge servers already.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

My greatest concern for WvW is the aggressive stance the system takes against Support Roles in general.

I play on my Elementalist anything from Glass-Cannon Builds to Full Support Build and its amazing how WvW is extremely damage oriented that the very little support builds out there are changing over to damage builds since the system does not reward anyone who tries to actually support, but only rewards those who damage enough or kill.

I play a decent support build and sometimes I run with a friend who runs a second support build. Together we heal and maintain zergs decently, but the zergs are the ones who get most of the rewards while the Support Builds are extremely hard to receive anything.

The focus on support builds is for the players who are with us. We constantly are monitoring our own fighting force, trying to heal groups, resurrect fallen players, defending keeps and trying to make good of everything we have at our disposal.

Yes, there are many I’ve spoken to who wish to play support, but refuse to do so until a system is placed where support players are rewarded for their actions.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Thanks for this update, but I think most people are wondering why free transfers continue and why they continue with little restriction to WvWvW. This is one reason why certain servers have elongated queues and matches last week had such horrible balance.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

I want to support Setsunayaki in this. I’ve never been a damage-pushing player, but unfortunately almost every kind of support except massive boon spam and quickness ressing is completely useless. Most of the fields in mass battles cannot be seen. Stealthing allies in a midst of combat is practically useless. Any kind of sharing (venoms, auras) is severely limited and cannot be controlled. And absence of single target support except ressing is just sad.
Edit: a bit of off-topic and I already said that, but would be nice to have long-cooldown mass effects (rune of monk (6) for example) be a little bit more friendly?

(edited by Ichishi.9613)

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Please don’t touch this. It is absolutely not your problem to fix if this is happening. This is to be fixed by matchmaking, and proper wvw strategy.

It is NOT difficult to leave spawn and make a push into a map. Eventually matches will be even.

Please do not touch this aspect of the game.

It is a huge design flaw and they should absolutely correct it ASAP.

Right now defending your gains becomes easier the more of the map you control. You can better concentrate your forces, the enemy gets less and less realistic targets to attack, and your supply and logistic lines actually IMPROVE and become EASIER TO MANAGE the bigger your empire is rather than the other way around.

This makes no sense whatsoever in “realistic” terms and makes for a crappy experience in game terms and as such should be drastically changed.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: EnoLive.2367

EnoLive.2367

The only thing that’s good about WvW at the moment is for the mindless yob type players who run round in a mindless zerg Karma farming from one spot to another.
there is very little tactics and those who do use tactics normally find that all their hard work is wiped out by a massive zerg 5 mins later.
To be honest I really don’t see any difference between WvW and PvP at this moment in time other than there are a few more mobs and obstacles to contend with in WvW, I know WvW is PvP but lets face it their is mindless kill everything PvP and tactical PvP, of which Tactical PvP is not really seen in WvW.
Many of the less populated servers have come to the point where they just can’t be bothered with WvW, simply because if they do gain a foothold it’s wiped out in minutes not hours.
WvW lasts for a week but at the moment they might as well reset it daily just so the uber servers have something to do other than run round at reset cap everything in sight then sit on the spawn points for the rest of the week.
What I would like to see is a big slowdown in the ability to take places eg:
5 crossing guards instead of 1.
Supply Camp NPC’s do not re-spawn for 10 mins after capture, making recapture easy but after the 10 mins all the Supply Camp NPC’s have a changed Righteous Ignition for 10 mins where upon they are one hit killers and can not be killed.
Towers and Keeps get the same as the Supply Camps but with double the timers, as in 20 mins for Towers and 40 mins for Keeps, added to this recapture during NPC spawn gives zero XP, Karma, Items or cash, other than what you get from player kills.
I’d also like to see that Gates and Walls take zero damage from players and that they must use siege equipment.
the other thing I’d like to see added is that if you use siege equipment inside your own base against your own gates to knock players back and of the rams you also do damage to your own gates added to this the Burning Oil can only be destroyed by siege equipment.
The other point is that on Map change on opposing maps you get the lower tower and a supply camp with the middle one lower middle one being a free for all, and the Power Nodes treble health.
So Please Please Bring Some Tactics Into WvW and make it worthwhile playing it.

Co Leader & Founder “Privateers Uk” [PUK]
Gandara
Eno Live (Ele)

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Please don’t touch this. It is absolutely not your problem to fix if this is happening. This is to be fixed by matchmaking, and proper wvw strategy.

It is NOT difficult to leave spawn and make a push into a map. Eventually matches will be even.

Please do not touch this aspect of the game.

It is a huge design flaw and they should absolutely correct it ASAP.

Right now defending your gains becomes easier the more of the map you control. You can better concentrate your forces, the enemy gets less and less realistic targets to attack, and your supply and logistic lines actually IMPROVE and become EASIER TO MANAGE the bigger your empire is rather than the other way around.

This makes no sense whatsoever in “realistic” terms and makes for a crappy experience in game terms and as such should be drastically changed.

This is only happening in matches where one of the servers just isn’t matched properly and one of the sides has given up.

This won’t be a problem down the road. Dumbing down the game is dumb and should not be touched at this point. No good will come of this.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

Glad to hear it. Culling/reporting is the number 1 issue right now, at least for myself and the majority of my WvW guild.

Matt, do you plan to increase the limit that’s currently in place for asset loading? What about allowing us to set our own custom limit or rule set?

Thanks,

Kong

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Thanks for the update. Good to know you’re looking at things.
I know this isn’t a request thread… but think about adjusting things to disable the so called turtle or clump metastrategy (to make use of the games hard coded AoE damage mitigation) I see used by large raids (40+), since this disables the game in term of pvp in wvw as it is intended to be played in my opinion.

Thanks!

Pannonica
Red Guard

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Hobnob.5280

Hobnob.5280

thx for the update.

Can you reset EU servers in EU prime time, like you do in NA prime time. Its seems only fair and cant be to hard to do.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

Cosmetic ranks please, thanks

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Just wanted to quickly add we’ve got people working on fixing issues with free server transfers as well, its proven far more complicated than we originally intended/expected to get done but is absolutely being built and is coming as soon as we can possibly get it in and bug-free.

We’ll also be working on a number of other WvW features we’ll talk more about in the coming months once they’re closer to being implemented!

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

Just wanted to quickly add we’ve got people working on fixing issues with free server transfers as well, its proven far more complicated than we originally intended/expected to get done but is absolutely being built and is coming as soon as we can possibly get it in and bug-free.

We’ll also be working on a number of other WvW features we’ll talk more about in the coming months once they’re closer to being implemented!

Thanks for that tid-bit of information.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Go back to 24 hour matches until you can fix this stuff, getting blown out and sitting on your hands for 6 days is old. You will kill the populations of losing servers if you do not do something fast.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Sitting on your hands is your choice.

On my server we dont sit on our hands and we have fun every single night. Its not all about winning. Play the game, winning is only a bonus.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

One way I can think of is that winning servers get world buffs applied to their world for PvE only. If a world is winning in WvW, then the buffs get applied to the two opposite worlds in WvW. So basically the other two worlds are buffed up in WvW to give them a fighting chance, but the incentive to win is to benefit your world for PvE.

Small update

in WvW

Thundar.3910

On my server we dont sit on our hands and we have fun every single night. Its not all about winning. Play the game, winning is only a bonus.

Every exit from any starting point in any BL is currently being camped by 20+ with siege, for the 2nd week in a row now. Our server died last week and we’re losing more people this week. I do not care about winning, I do care that I cannot even set foot outside a spawn. But yeah sit on the high horse, tell us all we should do this or that.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

Small update

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Locknar, free server transfers end when guesting is enabled.

They have said that from the beginning, the feature that isnt complete is guesting. So what he says isnt a “load of crap”.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Small update

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Every exit from any starting point in any BL is currently being camped by 20+ with siege, for the 2nd week in a row now. Our server died last week and we’re losing more people this week. I do not care about winning, I do care that I cannot even set foot outside a spawn. But yeah sit on the high horse, tell us all we should do this or that.

My high horse? Ive played on kaineng from the beginning, we were camped for FOUR WEEKS into our spawn, I dont want to hear it from you. DId you know there are at least 3 ways out of the spawn room? Do you know we used them to take supply camps, and if the enemy was responsive we abandoned them and took another, and another, if they werent we camped them killing the enemy 2-10 at a time as they tried to retake it.

It was lots of fun. So please refrain from telling me to get off my high horse, ive been ‘spawn camped’ far more than you have.

The majority of the problem is player morale, like you demonstrate. Players with thin skin that cant think outside the box other than to attack head on the siege that is camping them instead of simply going around it and having fun actually playing the game.

I bet you wouldnt be spawn camped if people like you didnt log into your spawn and instantly give up, repeat that x50, and you probably could have had a force running around that could take towers and threaten forts.

Oh boo hoo i’m camped by siege, ive had worse.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Thank you for the update Colin, its nice to have some news on features in WWW.

Small update

in WvW

Thundar.3910

My high horse? Ive played on kaineng from the beginning, we were camped for FOUR WEEKS into our spawn, I dont want to hear it from you. DId you know there are at least 3 ways out of the spawn room? Do you know we used them to take supply camps, and if the enemy was responsive we abandoned them and took another, and another, if they werent we camped them killing the enemy 2-10 at a time as they tried to retake it.

It was lots of fun. So please refrain from telling me to get off my high horse, ive been ‘spawn camped’ far more than you have.

The majority of the problem is player morale, like you demonstrate. Players with thin skin that cant think outside the box other than to attack head on the siege that is camping them instead of simply going around it and having fun actually playing the game.

I bet you wouldnt be spawn camped if people like you didnt log into your spawn and instantly give up, repeat that x50, and you probably could have had a force running around that could take towers and threaten forts.

Oh boo hoo i’m camped by siege, ive had worse.

Fair enough. I did say we are being camped at every exit, and truth be told, due to some bug? no one can leave through a front gate due to loading screen errors. This also might be due to my servers inability to field more than 30, in total.

Keep Calm and Conquer

Small update

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Yeah that particular BL you only have 3 viable exits, I would move to EB your own BL or the other BL (with the lake tower) till the camp breaks.

THe most viable exit on that BL if they are defending their supply camp right next to your spawn is to take the right exit, its unlikely that is camped really well with siege as you cant put siege on water.

EB you got like 6 exists, home BL a huge area to jump down, and the BL on the lake side tower you have a large area around the supply camp to jump down and escape north or out the main entereance you can go to the left, or just take the left exit.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: MrDidonot.1945

MrDidonot.1945

hope they don t fix the queues, if you do not won t to queue don’t join a high populated server

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Pherenice.8124

Pherenice.8124

At least stop the transfers to servers in the same tier as you.

Server A winning

Server B bandwagon jump to server A

Server C bandwagon jump to server A

Server B and C losing substantial players… Server A gains an ever better population.

Can and will you at least stop that Matt !!!
The tier battle for that week should at least be a little more interesting unless iam totaly wrong

You have the magic numbers Matt but if iam right can you please look into our sugestion <3 !!!

And keep up the good work <3

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Nice to have an update, but I’m disappointed there isn’t a word on auto-looting, which of course is a big problem in WvW. Ok, I wouldn’t rank it at number 1, or even number 2 on the priority list but it would be nice to know they’re working on it.

At the end of the day it’s just one more reason why WvW isn’t all that interesting at the moment.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

This is great. You recognize transfers are a problem. You recognize being totally shut down on maps generally sucks. You know culling is the #1 problem.

I’m satisfied. Thanks again.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

tl;dr: we are working on it.

We already know and appreciate that, ANet. How about some ETA and some detailed information on how you’re implementing those fixes?

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Any thoughts on disabling orbs in the coming weeks to stop even matches from getting lopsided from orb hacking etc? Once you work the system out you can reenable.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Umeil.5384

Umeil.5384

Thank you for the post. Not very detailed but very much appreciated that notice has been taken and given ty again

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

I am confident Anet will fix the problems and implement extra features to enchance WvW play

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Sixpool.9421

Sixpool.9421

If you really want to help the teams that are losing on every map add supply to the spawns of the teams with no orbs. They keep the free supply until they get an orb back. That will at least make it more difficult for one team to hold every other team to 1 supply depot because of supply issues. It would also make it more difficult for the team that controls everything to keep the losing teams pinned to their spawns.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

Thanks for the little update A-Net

But just noticed some realy bad culling (far worse then before) it was a garrison fight with all servers in it. (1 big happy zerg family) there was only one point! Actualy 2
1: screen was total empty only red circles and some fancy fireballs and arrows
2: Seems culling affect now also the abilities to cast. (had to press a dozen time to heal myself, what did not happened) at a certain point when my screen was empty, but lot of players seemed to be there. Even no skill worked. So people here have now also que time for casting while in a big battle. (this was not before)

And 3rd even in LA there is much going on, only way to acces bank is via your crafting station. Cause a lot of things are not loading there anymore. Hope you guys can take this issues also in the “fix to do list”

thx in advance

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I gotto admit it’s getting better, it’s getting better all the time..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Kaelon.3157

Kaelon.3157

I am glad to see that things are being worked on but in the meantime WvW just seems utterly pointless.

1) Daily free transfers should have been made weekly a while ago.
2) After transferring you have a debuff not allowing you to be priveledge to any WvW rewards until the next matchup, this would stop the band wagons in their tracks.
3) Ques will balance as players leave overpopulated servers for lesser ones so they can not have a que to deal with, hence the first 2 suggestions need implemented first.
4) Support roles do indeed need to be counted for rewards in all aspects of the game period!
5) Repairs upon deaths from players defeat a big purpose of pvp when you are supposed to be having fun and taking risks. This system promotes staying in a zerg for maximum protection and rewards. If it also requires reducing or even removing gold rewards from wvw events, so be it.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

Why can’t people quit nitpicking this guy and just say “thanks?” He very explicitly said that they have been vague in addressing the community in their intentions for fixing the problems. Then he went on to state that the areas of concentration are queue times, culling, and snowballing.

What more do people want? He’s both doing his job and alleviating some of our frustration for the matter. Not once did he say they weren’t going to address any of the things people are complaining about.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Thanks for the update Colin, its really all we needed to hear.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

I agree, thank you for the second update. I also reiterate my post above and quote from the other guy above. Quit being nit picky, whinny, suggestive and demanding. This is an update post. Your suggestion need to be added to the many, many and many other posts topics that have already been made about all these subjects. If we as a gamer community make them regret this information release, they will stop releasing information. If we say “Thank Kind sir for responding to our request for information”, they might even get a small feeling of pleasure from dealing with us, and release more information as projects prepare for game implementation. Maturity in dealing with others is not an age thing, it is a respect thing taught by your parents at any age.

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperhypo.1249

Hyperhypo.1249

awesome, this is what I’ve been waiting to hear. At least acknowledging the problem is the 1st step

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: maddbomber.2176

maddbomber.2176

No mention of ending free transfers…

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

hope they don t fix the queues, if you do not won t to queue don’t join a high populated server

but how else are noobs going to be able to win?

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

Thanks for the updates but I’m still wondering about the following
1. Are free server transfers going to be addressed?
2. Are you looking at shortening the 7 day battle length?
3. What is going to be done about night capping?

I agree with Kanikani, it doesn’t seem like things are going in the right direction

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Thanks for the updates but I’m still wondering about the following
1. Are free server transfers going to be addressed?
2. Are you looking at shortening the 7 day battle length?
3. What is going to be done about night capping?

I agree with Kanikani, it doesn’t seem like things are going in the right direction

1. He just addressed that a few posts above, yes they’re looking into it.
2. The 7 days will stay, I’d say. I think it’ll stick at 7 now.
3. Nothing, they’ve said night capping is fine and it’s part of the 24 hour warfare.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

ahh didnt see the follow up post there

I still think 7 days is bad but whatever

(edited by Arlandino.7513)

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

If there’s a queue on your server, you probably deserve it. Most servers with queues right now are the winning servers, since everyone transferred over to them. If all 3 servers in a matchup has queues, then it’s time to raise the player cap, BUT ONLY FOR THAT ONE MATCHUP.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: fefner.5729

fefner.5729

Thanks for the update but i really wished that you had listened to what the beta players had warned you guys about some problems that we predicted. Small zones, amount of players who were coming for the WvW, downed system, too many mobs, zerg friendly but all that said i hope you have listened to what everyone has said and i’m hoping you can fix this great part of the game.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: DataPhreak.2506

DataPhreak.2506

First off, can’t get in because of Q? U Mad Bro? Switch to a lower pop server instead of the one with a 100k point lead on day 2. Secondly, going up against THE most populous server, and having a low grade vid card with low grade ram and low grade processor, i can say for a fact that culling is not an issue. It is a non-issue. I can see at least four times my weapons range. I pay attention to the map. I know where their zerg is and I anticipate it. Given the current server pop issues on our server now, 90% of the time the zerg is right behind us. It’s made us better at wvw overall, because we, (our guild) have learned to cap fast. What we need, though are matchups weighted against population before they are weighted against win rate.

Secondly, DO NOT TURN OFF FREE SERVER TRANSFERS! As it is, we have about 50 people on the map at any given time. If you lock transfers, we will never get pop. I say we cut the players on a map DOWN to 1000. That will fix the culling problem and the server pop problem, so that guilds will stop stacking on servers, locking down ques, and leaving servers completely dry of wvw players. Alternatively, you can make some servers into non-wvw servers that are free to xfer into and cost gems to xfer out of. Start with the most populous servers.

GG.

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Kaine.3501

Kaine.3501

Thank you Matthew for mentioning Kaineng. He is such a handsome young man.

Server: Kaineng
Name: “Kaide” (Kaine is just the account name)

Small update

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

Hi everyone!

First off, good luck to everyone on the new matches, and congratulations to Kaineng on their first win!

Thank you Matt, and congratulations to everyone on Kaineng. We should all go to Vegas this week while we’re on a roll.

Thanks for the WvW updates. I don’t really know what this queue problem is you speak of, but the other two sound really helpful.