So.. No account bound WXP?

in WvW

Posted by: blackoil.2673

blackoil.2673

Your World Ability Points have been refunded to you in advance of the inaugural WvW season. There will be no additional resets over the course of the season.

This means that we won’t get account bound WXP until the season finishes?

Seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If it’s not ready, then it’s not ready

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Isn’t that a quote from the first season? I don’t remember them saying anything about refunding points for this season yet.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

looks like it.
But they did commit to doing it, so it will happen eventually.

/shrug

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Welp, nevermind. In new patch notes -

All spent World Ability Points will be refunded to all characters

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

looks like it.

/shrug

Eh, I’ll believe it when I see it. At this point I trust zero percent of their word on things related to wvw. The track record on following through accurately to what they said they would do is so mindblowingly abysmal that I’d have to be insane to assign any value to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

looks like it.

/shrug

Eh, I’ll believe it when I see it. At this point I trust zero percent of their word on things related to wvw. The track record on following through accurately to what they said they would do is so mindblowingly abysmal that I’d have to be insane to assign any value to it.

FTFY

RIP in peace Robert

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Welp, nevermind. In new patch notes -

All spent World Ability Points will be refunded to all characters

Yeah, it was too much effort for them to read the message, see it’s a repeat and doesn’t really make sense any more, and write a new one. Apparently.

in WvW

blackoil.2673

Just the way they said it it looked like it was to be implemented for season 2 (but now that’s a tournament), along with those small balances in classes and runes/sigils.

It’s something that we’ve allways been begging for. And i got to say it’s a huge disapointment for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Anet is sorry that they cannot work on content around your timetable.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

So the next great thing is starting. Spring tournament.
And what do we have in patch notes?

WvW achivements.
tPvP reward polish
more LS

Now all those important things for WvW, well its Spring Tournament time so lets focus on WvW:
account bound XP – NOOO
commander system upgrade – NOOOO
defending rewards – NOO
more achivements for PvE palyers – yes

GJ Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

^You’re forgetting a couple of WvW-related bugfixes. Oh, and opposing players will not be able to recognize your commanders anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

WvW achivements.
tPvP reward polish
more LS

Now all those important things for WvW, well its Spring Tournament time so lets focus on WvW:
account bound XP – NOOO
defending rewards – NOO

GJ Anet

Lmao! This is spot on.-

Rantev [Warrior]

in WvW

Posted by: DHBM.7652

DHBM.7652

WvW achivements.
tPvP reward polish
more LS

account bound XP – NOOO
defending rewards – NOO

GJ Anet

Anets thoughts right now
" wvw won’t bring in money so why should we do anything for it? They gave there season, there happy."

Time to go back to DAOC…

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Last I knew ANET specifically said that they did not know when account bound WXP was coming. It takes time to make sure all this stuff keeps working after consolidating it.

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If it’s not ready, then it’s not ready

Yet a lot of people agree that WvW isn’t ready for a season 2, but that doesn’t prevent ANet from launching it.

in WvW

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

I like how fixing a dolyaks path to hills from the SE camp took priority…

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

in WvW

RedStar.4218

I like how fixing a dolyaks path to hills from the SE camp took priority…

Well I like when they take the time to fix small inconsequential bug (there’s no sarcasm). It probably was something easy and quick to do and the guy in charge of that did it in his free time.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Part of me is stunned, another part incredibly disappointed, and yet the majority of me is utterly unsurprised.

I am not sure I am going to bother with season two now. I had hopes of playing alts during Tournament, some I had spent time/energy/money to gear up into ascended.

I am also not sure whether I need to log into PvE anymore, since I won’t need to continue trying to gear up those alts.

I was looking forward to using my alts and the resulting gameplay as its own reward, not the (meaningless) rewards themselves.

Posting a link to notes from March 7th, in today’s Patch notes, without any other updates, felt incredibly insensitive.

I don’t normally like to post whines like this. I take full responsibility for “hoping” for account-bound wexp in this patch. (Also willing to admit this post would end up being overly dramatic if ANet bundles account bound wexp into a patch right before Tournament starts. That would a foolhardy thing to do, to not allow real testing before the season starts.)

If wexp won’t even make into consideration until June, I am not sure it is worth hanging around for.

WvW was the last hope my guild and I had for staying with this game.

-Lost motivation

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

I think they timed it to start the same time as Elder Scroll Online launch

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

So no account bound wxp ranks before June?

Sad…

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

There goes my motivation to play Season 2.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Honestly, it’s fine with me if they just reset the points for each character at the beginning of each season, I took my main and reallocated a bunch of points away from what I thought were correct choices but were revealed to be bad as the nature of the season wore on. Also, a tough thing for consolidation is the fact that people have deleted characters that had WXP. How do you reallocate what you don’t have any more?

in WvW

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

They told everyone what was going to be in this “maintenance” patch, why would you assume they would put this in it??? Just because the season has started does not mean that account bound wxp cannot be added in. The feature patch is coming beginning-mid april so I would assume it might be in there although I wouldn’t get your hopes all the way up just in case since they haven’t told us anything about the feature patch yet. BUT they are going to start telling us whats in it and talking about it on the next ready up it seems so stay tuned.

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

Account bound WXP would take 1 programmer about 20 hours to do.

If its not done by now, its because they’re simply not doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Cush: many of us assumed that the “right” time to put account bound wexp in was either right before the new season starts (with plenty of time for real testing / flush out bugs – something that cannot be done with the small amount of alpha testers they have -also assuming they still have alpha testers) -or- to wait until after the season was over (june). Putting it in mid-season is a gutsy thing to do.

WvW players were told 5 months ago that the feature was coming. Of course those players want the feature to be correct. However, without it also being “timely”, and therefore meaningful, ANet risks further alienating those players, in a part of the game that is already at risk for attrition.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

This patch is a major letdown as is this development team. Maybe they could send some guys over from Wild Star to come help you get the content out that you mentioned before 2015 hits? Wild Star is terrible and you clearly need the help here..

in WvW

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

We know that it isnt coming at least until after the season, so it isnt going to be in the ‘feature patch’ since they said that it wasnt going to be months away.

Giving us our account bount WxP would have been perfect for everyone who really loves WvW, so yeah most of us are really kittened off and sad right now.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I think part of why people are annoyed is that they are touting this second wvw season like it means something, which absolutely nobody who really likes wvw asked for, instead of the one feature we’ve been asking for since wvw xp went into the game.

Anet’s disconnect from their player base is really mind boggling sometimes.

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

WvW is becoming more pointless by the week, all we have to look forward to are decent skins (meh) as a reward. It’s been months for Account Bound WXP, seriously…. months, what gives? The devs always ask the community for our opinions on how things can improve, well we can start by you guys actually listening to what the players SAY we want instead of doing what you THINK we want. Your game has long term potential if you get yourselves together and collaboratively listen to your players once in a while. At least roll out the Account Bound WXP and class balance changes before season 2 officially starts to spice things up, because we sure as hell know Season 2 is going to be an epic failure since the development team constantly repeats itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think it is inexcusable to have WvW Season 2 begin without account bound WXP. This is a major failing on the WvW team’s part.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

They can’t delay Season 2 due to account-bound WXP not being ready. It’s timed to start right before another game launches with three-faction siege warfare.

in WvW

RedStar.4218

They can’t delay Season 2 due to account-bound WXP not being ready. It’s timed to start right before another game launches with three-faction siege warfare.

It’s not like they told us since November an exact date for S2. All they told us was “after EotM”. They could have easily waited for things to be ready, but they didn’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

It’s not like they told us since November an exact date for S2. All they told us was “after EotM”. They could have easily waited for things to be ready, but they didn’t.

Yeah, but they have no control over the launch for that other game, and they want to launch S2 right before it. There’s no delaying S2 for that reason.

in WvW

blackoil.2673

They told everyone what was going to be in this “maintenance” patch, why would you assume they would put this in it??? Just because the season has started does not mean that account bound wxp cannot be added in. The feature patch is coming beginning-mid april so I would assume it might be in there although I wouldn’t get your hopes all the way up just in case since they haven’t told us anything about the feature patch yet. BUT they are going to start telling us whats in it and talking about it on the next ready up it seems so stay tuned.

We assume that they won’t put that in it until season 2 is over because making account bound WXP implies a trait reset (What would happen if a char has different/same traits than another one… how do they merge? The easiest thing is just to reset them) and the mail that you get just after logging in tells you that we won’t get any more trait resets until the season is over.

So either:
→ We really won’t get account bound WXP at least until june
→ The mail text it’s a copy-paste from Season 1, and they will reset the traits again before the next season starts.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Account wide WXP was “almost ready” for the January patch, so I have no clue why it cant be ready 3 months later? Maybe they should get their priorities straight.

Its something an intern should be able to program in a few hours.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Malediktus but that is the problem.
They have their priorities straight but wvw players dont want to understand that.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

That game is launching in 2 weeks, after S2 has started, they won’t be putting in account bound world xp then.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

Keep in mind that this isn’t ‘The Feature Update’ with massive changes (acording Anet).
This was more a patch for the Living Story/Glory, and they putted some small changes to other mechanics like WvW/BLC/Thief trait fix.

I agree with the OP about wxp. Would have been nice to be able to fully enjoy the many possability’s of the Account Wide WXP in the very beginning of Season 2.

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in WvW

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

Keep in mind that this isn’t ‘The Feature Update’ with massive changes (acording Anet).
This was more a patch for the Living Story/Glory, and they putted some small changes to other mechanics like WvW/BLC/Thief trait fix.

I agree with the OP about wxp. Would have been nice to be able to fully enjoy the many possability’s of the Account Wide WXP in the very beginning of Season 2.

We know hat the big patch isnt going to be months away, because they said so. However, we also know that we arent getting a wvw reset during the season, again they told us that in the note today. So we know that account bound wxp isnt going to happen in the ‘big patch’

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Account wide WXP was “almost ready” for the January patch, so I have no clue why it cant be ready 3 months later? Maybe they should get their priorities straight.

This basically sums up my feelings. Unless a dev steps in here and proves otherwise, I’m just going assume they haven’t actually done a thing for account wxp.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

We know hat the big patch isnt going to be months away, because they said so. However, we also know that we arent getting a wvw reset during the season, again they told us that in the note today. So we know that account bound wxp isnt going to happen in the ‘big patch’

Sorry for my unclear post, but with the last sentence I meant that it would have been nice if it came with this patch. Not saying it will come in the Feature Patch or something. Anet knowing, it can take some time

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They have never even intimated that account bound world xp would have to wait for the feature patch. Its just mindbogglingly silly to wait with competitors just around the corner and season 2 launching.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

WvW achivements.
tPvP reward polish
more LS

account bound XP – NOOO
defending rewards – NOO

GJ Anet

all as been said there, nothing to add. Gj Anet. >_<

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I doubt I’ll be hanging around until June to find out how this nonsense turns out. WvW is already ridiculously boring and unfortunately it’s the only thing I found entertaining about this entire game. As for season 2, I’m looking forward to it like you look forward to buying groceries or going to the dentist. yay…

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It can’t be sold in the gem store, so nope.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

We assume that they won’t put that in it until season 2 is over because making account bound WXP implies a trait reset (What would happen if a char has different/same traits than another one… how do they merge? The easiest thing is just to reset them)

I don’t see how that would be a problem. If the total earned wxp on all of my characters together makes for lvl 70, promote all my chars to WvW-lvl 70. No need to reset any spent points for that. You would just get a bunch of additional points on every character. So I really don’t see how you’d get the idea that resetting WvW-perks is needed or makes things easier for implementing accountbound wxp.

and the mail that you get just after logging in tells you that we won’t get any more trait resets until the season is over.

So either:
-> We really won’t get account bound WXP at least until june
-> The mail text it’s a copy-paste from Season 1, and they will reset the traits again before the next season starts.

Hm, I’ve never gotten such a mail. Not before season 1, and not this time. All I got when I logged in after patching was a note in the chatwindow which said something like “Your spent wxp-points have been reset.” No mail at all. The only mail I got was from Kasmeer, inviting me to celebrate with her and the others.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Feature patch teaser is up. What you guys think? Maybe wxp account bound after all? We know ‘no update during ’leagues’, but we also know anet likes to bundle updates rather then do them one by one. Maybe that is just it? Waiting for global update, and thus april feature patch = wxp account bound?

With the trait resets becoming easier, account-wide, i don’t see reason not to include wxp merge.

Lets hope for the best still yet. But then again i’m also prepared to be dissapointed. (happened enough now).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

It’s gonna be really sad if we don’t get it in the feature update. As for the whole “no changes” thing, they reneged on that when they added the toxic stuff to the WvW maps mid-season. The pessimist in me is conflicted; do they lie about no changes, or do they delay it so long that the season is over by the time we finally get it?

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

It can’t be sold in the gem store, so nope.

This is so true that is hurts.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]