Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Depends on how many pips you earn.

Assuming that I’m thinking about it correctly:

1 pip a tick would be 120.83 hours
3 pip a tick would be 40.27 hours
5 pip a tick would be 24.17 hours
10 pip a tick would be 12.08 hours

Edit: Changed numbers to be based on 1450 total rather than 100 per chest.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

So how many hours is 175 weekly?

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Im on FSP and I haven’t been able to get higher than 6 Pips per tick, which means I looking at 21 hours of WvW per week to get it.

That’s providing the chests increase 5 pips per tier, if it does, its 1450 Pips for all chests.

in WvW

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

WvW a new job then I guess?

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

So say I am pipping along and get to second chest…does this reset for next week or like PvP I can pip till I am done with all chests. Is the reset only for those who complete and those who are pipping along and maybe take two weeks to complete? Pip pip pipping pipster pip…..I like that word pip

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So say I am pipping along and get to second chest…does this reset for next week or like PvP I can pip till I am done with all chests. Is the reset only for those who complete and those who are pipping along and maybe take two weeks to complete? Pip pip pipping pipster pip…..I like that word pip

It resets regardless of progress made.

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Well…that pips me off… gonna have to troll that one out there then….pippity pipsqueak

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Think I’m mostly getting 4 pips a tick. So 32 hours a week of wvw for 175.

Realistically after waiting in queues I’ll get about an hour of decent squad time a day if that, so let’s say 10 hours for a full week. I reckon 40 tickets, maybe 50 on a good week.

At that rate I might get the legendary backpack some time in early 2019.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Factoring in queue time at this point of time is misleading since already on day 2 queues have dropped significantly in the off hours

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yes, spending 20+ hours to get 175 tickets and comparing to 20+ hours to get 21 research pages from fotm, you can only get one armor pieces (lowest price) while having nothing left and on the other hand, you can get one armor piece (lowest price) in fotm while still having some research pages left.

The amount of rewards need to be adjusted to be comparable.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

WvW a new job then I guess?

Nobody said you HAVE to get 175 per week. I myself will probably just slow grind the skins I want over the next 1-2 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

On the other hand, if you’re at the max rank threshold and come in third place in every skirmish, you’re guaranteed 8 pips per tick. That puts you in the ~15 hour range.

I think it’s ok that some rewards are beyond the reach of the average player. That means that people who have no life that go above and beyond get rewards that go above and beyond.

in WvW

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

On the other hand, if you’re at the max rank threshold and come in third place in every skirmish, you’re guaranteed 8 pips per tick. That puts you in the ~15 hour range.

I think it’s ok that some rewards are beyond the reach of the average player. That means that people who have no life that go above and beyond get rewards that go above and beyond.

I agree with this, if people want to invest lots of time into the game mode, they should be rewarded proportionately to those who do not.